Re: Gun Insurance [Re: DocHorton] #8134259 01/18/21 11:32 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by DocHorton
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Isn't anyone concerned with giving a list of guns that you own to someone or us that not required in order to get the rider?

Collect/Insure does not require you to provide a list of guns you own. You only have to schedule any gun worth over $5k, and insure for the total amount.

Great information! Thanks Doc, I will certainly check that out.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Gun Insurance [Re: waterandwoods] #8134515 01/19/21 02:47 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I have a safe full of guns, important papers, silver coins, etc. In no way do I believe it will do any good in case of a fire. I inadvertently screwed up the code. It took one helluva safe cracker to open it. So, I think I'm somewhat OK on theft.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Gun Insurance [Re: Texas Dan] #8134624 01/19/21 03:55 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Isn't anyone concerned with giving a list of guns that you own to someone or us that not required in order to get the rider?

Collect/Insure does not require you to provide a list of guns you own. You only have to schedule any gun worth over $5k, and insure for the total amount.

That's surprising since I can't see any insurance company insuring anything without proof that it exists.

When it comes time to file a claim that's when it would matter....however, most people wouldn't pay for insurance on $30k of guns if they only had $10k. But keeping a log and pics or cell video would come in handy in case you needed to prove it.

Re: Gun Insurance [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8134630 01/19/21 03:57 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Yes sir, you're welcome. If I recall correctly they did not ask for serial numbers either, only description of the scheduled guns/items. I put my thermal scope on there since the value plus the gun it was mounted on exceeded the limit.

Re: Gun Insurance [Re: DocHorton] #8135163 01/19/21 05:41 PM
W
waterandwoods Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
W

Yes sir, you're welcome. If I recall correctly they did not ask for serial numbers either, only description of the scheduled guns/items. I put my thermal scope on there since the value plus the gun it was mounted on exceeded the limit.

Both places I have reached out to are pretty much the same. HO insurance wanted 3x as much. No schedule required if no 1 single gun is over 5K in value. 1 company will not insure the thermals unless they are attached to the guns. Waiting to hear back fro the other. Both pretty much have a no questions asked policy but I have pics of all my guns with serial numbers saved so I have backup info. They are not high dollar collectibles, but would be very hard to replace a few of them

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide