Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8130007 01/15/21 05:16 AM
A
ASIC777 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
I have noticed that shipments of anything firearm related through the USPS seem to get "delayed". Anything Midway, anything identified on the box as brass ( Brassman Brass, Colorado brass, etc) and bullets from any source with bullet or ammo in the name. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I don't have the same issue when I use FedEx or UPS.

I placed an order with Midway Tuesday night. I opted for UPS as it was only a few cents more for shipping. It says delivery this Friday!. My last Midway order left UPS and got handed over to the USPS for the final mile. It made the rounds around the metroplex before going to Sherman and then to McKinney for delivery. The "last mile" took 7 days for priority mail from receipt in the Dallas distribution center to my home. And they left the package on the road by the mailbox since it was too big to fit in the mailbox. Just sitting there waiting for a porch pirate to pick it up. There are some good mail carriers but we have pension entitled employees who feel they don't have to do their job or the contractor of the month who does not care.

Lifetime NRA Member
Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8130078 01/15/21 12:06 PM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Title of this topic needs amended. This has nothing to do with MidwayUSA and everything to do with the crap service USPS provides.

They have been pretty bad for years but are now just about useless. I have a package picked up from my house on 11-25, taken to my PO in town where it departed for Coppell and was never seen again. Neither PO or PM could help, USPS online was no good. Got a call from the receiving PM, an online survey sent to me, and a visit to my PO and was told to file a claim online...still no word. Most online retailers that still offer USPS have a disclaimer next to USPS option ONLY that says "EXPECT DELAYS". All that handing off stuff between carriers is disclaimed at time of purchase most times. We have local carriers for USPS that use their USPS trucks to deliver who knows what on Sundays and people in regular vehicles delivering regular mail.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8130155 01/15/21 01:23 PM
A
ASIC777 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Quoting Gasguzzler "Title of this topic needs amended."

Maybe, but to the point I, selected UPS on my recent Midway order to avoid the USPS. If they ship it through that hybrid delivery method that employs the USPS rather than through UPS as I selected and paid for then the title is germane to the conversation.

Lifetime NRA Member
Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8130165 01/15/21 01:32 PM
T
toddjohnson Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I ordered some stuff from midway last week. Selected ups ground. Was at my house in 3 days and came ups. USPS is the worst on everything.

If you need commercial/trucking insurance, give me a shout, I can insure just about any business out there. 20+ years in the industry.
toddjohnson@greattiminginsurance.com
Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8130221 01/15/21 02:06 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: TAB] #8130276 01/15/21 02:44 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by tabjlr
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
no problems here with Midway orders. And i order from them weekly

I’ve ordered almost weekly since October and the only issue I have is stuff ain’t in stock!

Usually get it in about 6-7 days from day of order.

yep

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8130607 01/15/21 06:30 PM
A
Alan D Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A

This was how my last midway order arrived from UPS. Luckily everything was in the box.

[Linked Image]

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8130810 01/15/21 09:30 PM
F
Fez Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
My order from Midway is sitting in the UPS store right now waiting for pickup (I have my parcels delivered there.) i ordered on the 13th at 1:00 am, shipped UPS free shipping before 10am the same day, and delivered in 2 days; Amazing!!

Now if we really want to complain, let’s bash OpticsPlanet.com i ordered from them on the 5th, and 10 days later, my order is still “processing” and “getting ready for shipping.” I can’t cancel my order now, and they’ve already collected funds... and worse for wear, if it ever finally ships, it’ll be “economy shipping” with another 10 day lead time!

Have fun, be safe.
Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8131042 01/15/21 11:38 PM
A
ASIC777 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
UPS just delivered my Midway order, to my door, and I got the notification as the package was being placed on the porch.

Lifetime NRA Member
Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8132109 01/17/21 12:45 AM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q
Maybe I got lucky but I placed 2 orders through Midway less than 2 weeks ago, one for 12 ga slugs and the other for 30 cal Barnes bullets. I got one yesterday and the other one today. One came UPS and the other USPS, both arrived in perfect condition.

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8132662 01/17/21 06:34 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I avoid USPS whenever possible. They’re worthless.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Sneaky] #8133412 01/18/21 02:07 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Sneaky
I avoid USPS whenever possible. They’re worthless.

Me too

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8135096 01/19/21 04:47 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Z
I had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago. Ordered 2 items, non-gun parts. tracking showed both had been forwarded to an unknown address, Called Midway and they told me to call USPs and inquire. HE also said that they can not use anyone else due to "contracts" and that the item must be at least 8 days overdue of the scheduled delivery date before they could ship out another item as a replacement. Luckily both of my packages showed a few days later.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8137404 01/21/21 04:44 AM
T
thedoveshooter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
My work's accounts payable mailed 40 checks one day. 22 never showed up to our suppliers. It's strange to me that half did make it. It would make more sense if none made it.

My mom mailed a birthday card in July and it was delivered in November. This was from Houston to El Paso. Should be pretty straightforward.

I don't trust them to do anything right.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: skinnerback] #8137414 01/21/21 04:54 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
FedEx blows. There's a reason 99% of folks on eBay use USPS. They are still the most economical and reliable way to ship or mail something. They have been hit hard by Covid and it's causing slowdowns, but my experience is it's just slowdowns. The conspiracy theorists in the Bunker said the virus would go away after the election. Apparently, not so much.

USPS SUCKS! Fed-Ex or UPS has never let me down.

Fed-Ex delivered the Christmas rum cake gift today that was sent to me 7 days before Christmas. Yeah, They are great.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: ntxtrapper] #8137440 01/21/21 05:36 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
FedEx blows. There's a reason 99% of folks on eBay use USPS. They are still the most economical and reliable way to ship or mail something. They have been hit hard by Covid and it's causing slowdowns, but my experience is it's just slowdowns. The conspiracy theorists in the Bunker said the virus would go away after the election. Apparently, not so much.

Fed-Ex delivered the Christmas rum cake gift today that was sent to me 7 days before Christmas. Yeah, They are great.

Maybe you are on their watch list. roflmao

I recently ordered a bunch of seeds (tomatoes & peppers).

All shipped UPS & arrived quickly. They were planted and now many are germinating.

My Celebrity Tomato seeds ordered at the same time via delivery from USPS have not yet arrived, and have received no notifications. No delivery status.

Yes, USPS SUCKS.

I'm gonna have to call USPS (again) to figure out where the stuff I bought is.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: skinnerback] #8137463 01/21/21 05:59 AM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

All shipped UPS & arrived quickly. They were planted and now many are germinating.

My Celebrity Tomato seeds ordered at the same time via delivery from USPS have not yet arrived, and have received no notifications. No delivery status.

Yes, USPS SUCKS.

Do you mind asking about my stuff as well, I’m sure they will get right on it crazy What ticks me off is they just continue to update the lost packages giving Midway the reason to not reimburse me. I called the CC company today and their handling it. My only problem with Midway is they know their having MASSIVE issues with the USPS loosing everyone’s stuff yet they continue to ship it out using them. Oh and spending 2 hours on hold every time you have to call, that sucks.... I’m still ordering from them but I’m going UPS second day air on everything and so far so good, I’m 1 for 1 now lol. I kid you not, after the dust settled and I looked into it I had made 12 orders from them and I only received 5 of them, that’s insane to say the least. Someone somewhere has a crap load of stuff sitting in their house...

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: DLALLDER] #8137464 01/21/21 05:59 AM
E
Ed Jr. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
What some don't realize is the you can mail using UPS or Fedex but they can & will hand your package off to USPS for delivery.

Depends on the size of the package......

Cert. WeighMaster
TPWD Official Weigh Station
USMC66'-
Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: skinnerback] #8137467 01/21/21 06:10 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Yes, USPS SUCKS.

They all suck but I hate Fed-Ex the most. I order about 200 items a year and Fed-Ex screws the most up.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8137517 01/21/21 12:21 PM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
USPS denied the claim on my I shipped 11-25 package they lost because the date on the document I sent them was after the ship date. Yeah you idiots, that was the document you asked for to prove value. It was the receipt for the stuff I had to buy because you LOST MY STUFF! The letter (not an email) telling me they denied my claim says to go to the website within ten days to appeal but there is no link on the website to my case whatsoever...

Another trip to the Post Office. BTW, if MidwayUSA only ships USPS like you stated, how did you get anything shipped UPS second day air? Guess you had the choice to skip over the problem (USPS) all along.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: GasGuzzler] #8137614 01/21/21 01:41 PM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
USPS denied the claim on my I shipped 11-25 package they lost because the date on the document I sent them was after the ship date. Yeah you idiots, that was the document you asked for to prove value. It was the receipt for the stuff I had to buy because you LOST MY STUFF! The letter (not an email) telling me they denied my claim says to go to the website within ten days to appeal but there is no link on the website to my case whatsoever...

Another trip to the Post Office. BTW, if MidwayUSA only ships USPS like you stated, how did you get anything shipped UPS second day air? Guess you had the choice to skip over the problem (USPS) all along.

No sir I did not thank you very much, when I shipped UPS they carried it half way and then the USPS took it and lost the dang things... Going second day air UPS carries it the entire way eliminating the idiotic USPS entirely. Certain items you have zero choice on how they ship and it’s automatically the USPS, some you have a choice, if it ends up being the USPS or the UPS/USPS method is the only choice then I cancel the order..

Last edited by Ol Thumper; 01/21/21 01:47 PM.
Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8137732 01/21/21 03:17 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Easy solution -- buy ammo with your shipments. It will make it to you via UPS only due to ORD.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: TLew] #8138070 01/21/21 07:51 PM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by TLew
Easy solution -- buy ammo with your shipments. It will make it to you via UPS only due to ORD.

Your a genius clap I actually never thought about that but it’s a great solution!!

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: TLew] #8138086 01/21/21 07:59 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Only problem is they hardly have any ammo in stock.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Midway USA Warning [Re: Ol Thumper] #8138087 01/21/21 07:59 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

Your a genius clap I actually never thought about that but it’s a great solution!!

I'd be more of a genius if there was ammo to actually buy, but those lucky folks with odd ball calibers can use the method smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide