Print Thread
Page 53 of 151 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 150 151
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Wilson Combat] #8116110 01/05/21 04:08 PM
B
billymagg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Yes, that is pretty amazing, takes a lot of the guess work out it when you O at 150. I shot my Dad's old Winchester 94 yesterday with Iron sights. Elevation wasn't bad, but about 6 inches to the right, kicked more than my 300 Ham'r. I shot my .45 acp and my .40 Smith and Wesson M&P, and my group was about a 12" to 18" to the right at 110. I just don't shoot irons much these days, and wondering if if the groups all being to the right are a reflection of my sight picture. I def shoot my .45 with Novak's a lot better than the M&P, I've had some issues with the M&P that I am beginning to believe are the sights, I've got the front one blacked out.

Overall I was actually pretty happy to be that close with my handguns, and I had about a 4" group with the 30-30 with irons, I did want to compare the 30-30 with my Ham'r. I've got a Redfield on my 300, so I'm going to try to move my zero out to 150 yds, I had been considering 200, but I really thing that might complicate things a bit. I'm extremely happy with my 300, keeping the chamber clean has def helped cycling, that thing is tight, but it wants to shoot..

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #8116470 01/05/21 08:17 PM
V
vhr1079 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
V
Speaking of zeros, I noticed something interesting today. When using a lower powered optic or a red dot, I set my zero at 50 yards. I plugged in the inputs on the left, and ran drop charts for zero distances of 50 yards and 150 yards. Exact same result. See below:

[Linked Image]

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Wilson Combat] #8116482 01/05/21 08:26 PM
TX_LT230FH Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Wilson Combat

Tks for the kind words, that kinda rare on some forums.......

As to suppressors, I always have my two dogs with me in the Kawasaki Mule or Jeep and often shoot raccoons, coyotes and hogs from the vehicle or close to it and I don't want my dogs to go deaf like my old departed Lab did from hanging around the range and me shooting non-suppressed when hunting with her. I'd also like to preserve what hearing I have left too!!!

Granted I shoot a lot more ammo hunting that most (approx 800rds last year) so this is a bigger issue for me.

The above being said, I VERY rarely hunt with a non-suppressed rifle anymore. Your right a suppressor isn't "Hollywood" quiet, but a good quality suppressor does mitigate the sound quite effectively. I use WC Quell Ti suppressors and the best comparison I can give you is that shooting the 300 HAM'R the muzzle blast/action noise is very comparable to shooting a non-suppressed Ruger 10/22 with high velocity ammo. For non-WC suppressors I've used and like the Thunder Beast Ultra 7 which has a comparable efficiency, size and weight. I'm sure there are other good ones on the market, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Regarding 300 HAM'R ammo availability, we're loading it 5 days a week and filling orders as fast as we can. We're in good shape on cases, powder and primers. But some bullets are in short supply so some loads my be out of stock from time to time because of this. We've been promised a LARGE shipment of the Speer 130gr HHC bullets in early February, enough that we will also be able to sell them for handloading too.

I've been checking out the specs and I'm leaning towards a Tactical Hunter (fluted) in 300 HAM'R. Any rough guesstimate on about how long the wait would be?
Thanks.

[Linked Image]
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8116610 01/05/21 09:55 PM
Wilson Combat Offline
Boar Meister
Boar Meister
Originally Posted by TX_LT230FH

As to suppressors, I always have my two dogs with me in the Kawasaki Mule or Jeep and often shoot raccoons, coyotes and hogs from the vehicle or close to it and I don't want my dogs to go deaf like my old departed Lab did from hanging around the range and me shooting non-suppressed when hunting with her. I'd also like to preserve what hearing I have left too!!!

Granted I shoot a lot more ammo hunting that most (approx 800rds last year) so this is a bigger issue for me.

The above being said, I VERY rarely hunt with a non-suppressed rifle anymore. Your right a suppressor isn't "Hollywood" quiet, but a good quality suppressor does mitigate the sound quite effectively. I use WC Quell Ti suppressors and the best comparison I can give you is that shooting the 300 HAM'R the muzzle blast/action noise is very comparable to shooting a non-suppressed Ruger 10/22 with high velocity ammo. For non-WC suppressors I've used and like the Thunder Beast Ultra 7 which has a comparable efficiency, size and weight. I'm sure there are other good ones on the market, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Regarding 300 HAM'R ammo availability, we're loading it 5 days a week and filling orders as fast as we can. We're in good shape on cases, powder and primers. But some bullets are in short supply so some loads my be out of stock from time to time because of this. We've been promised a LARGE shipment of the Speer 130gr HHC bullets in early February, enough that we will also be able to sell them for handloading too.

I've been checking out the specs and I'm leaning towards a Tactical Hunter (fluted) in 300 HAM'R. Any rough guesstimate on about how long the wait would be?
Thanks.

I just checked with Tressa and she says 3-4 months. We keep producing more, but our backorders still keep going up.......... Hopefully we will have our new machine shop up and running by late Feb and this will help on a lot of products. We received delivery of 10 new CNC and 3 more EDM machines on Dec 23 and have a couple more CNCs and another laser coming in mid-month.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #8119509 01/07/21 08:35 PM
H
HVTHunter Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
@SwatDude1 @WilsonCombat

Just ordered two 300 Ham’r Complete Uppers
For my Troy “Other” (Brace) 11.3 bbl with pinned Q-Comp, 10.4 rail, Sniper Veil Camo FDE paint.
For Rebel Arms AR 16.25 bbl 1-15 twist, Q-Comp pinned, Gray Camo.
Was originally going to go lightweight but wanted forward assist (you have to go forged) so went forged on both.
Also ordered rail covers and bulk 110 & 135 FTX Ammo.

Thanks again Bryan, Bill, & Members here for all help, guidance, & suggestions. Shout out to Alan at WC for sales assistance.

Tom

One Nation Under God
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: HVTHunter] #8120008 01/08/21 01:36 AM
D
Dzhitshard Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by HVTHunter
@SwatDude1 @WilsonCombat

For my Troy “Other” (Brace) 11.3 bbl with pinned Q-Comp, 10.4 rail, Sniper Veil Camo FDE paint.
Was originally going to go lightweight but wanted forward assist (you have to go forged) so went forged on both.

Thanks again Bryan, Bill, & Members here for all help, guidance, & suggestions. Shout out to Alan at WC for sales assistance.

Tom

Did they give you an approximate wait time on the 11.3"?

I've been waiting for barrels to pop up again for a couple months because I have all the stuff laid aside to assemble one once I have a barrel. I would consider just buying a complete upper though if the wait was looking to be less than 4 months

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Dzhitshard] #8120080 01/08/21 02:21 AM
H
HVTHunter Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Originally Posted by Dzhitshard
@SwatDude1 @WilsonCombat

Tom

I've been waiting for barrels to pop up again for a couple months because I have all the stuff laid aside to assemble one once I have a barrel. I would consider just buying a complete upper though if the wait was looking to be less than 4 months

No DZ, and I did not ask. I’m sure they’ll do the best they can.

One Nation Under God
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8120321 01/08/21 04:32 AM
B
billymagg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B

Thanks.

You won't be sorry, I love mine!

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Wilson Combat] #8120325 01/08/21 04:35 AM
B
billymagg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B

Thanks.

I just checked with Tressa and she says 3-4 months. We keep producing more, but our backorders still keep going up.......... Hopefully we will have our new machine shop up and running by late Feb and this will help on a lot of products. We received delivery of 10 new CNC and 3 more EDM machines on Dec 23 and have a couple more CNCs and another laser coming in mid-month.

thanks for the update Bill, I'm waiting on more 135 Gr ammo, lol.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: HVTHunter] #8122280 01/09/21 06:44 PM
S
SwatDude1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
@SwatDude1 @WilsonCombat

Tom

You're welcome! You are going to love this caliber! I just bought a billet AR lower with the folder built in from Brownells. Going to SBR it and put it on my lightweight 8" HAM'R for a super compact backpack rifle.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: SwatDude1] #8123764 01/10/21 10:38 PM
D
djones Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
i think most of these were shot with 125gr pro hunter soft points

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: djones] #8124156 01/11/21 03:01 AM
T
Texcl2 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Awesome video! Have you tried the 125 tnt’s out? They seem to hold together better than one would think.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: djones] #8124894 01/11/21 05:49 PM
D
Dzhitshard Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by djones

My dang hero. I just loaded up my last 200 125gr ProHunter & was worried I'd have to go back to stuffing 125gr TNT pills next month. Thankfully Midway emailed me an in stock notification last night for 150gr speer #2022 and I grabbed enough that I'd be ready for anytime you invited me down for the shooting exhibition. flehan

I love that "let em get up some steam so you can cartwheel em" technique.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #8124962 01/11/21 06:27 PM
D
djones Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
tex - i've shot quite a few 125 tnt's. for the last three quarters of 2020 i was ordering whatever i could get from 110 to 135. i had 1,000 tnt on backorder and they recently came in. i like them because sometimes they can be had in boxes of 500 on the cheap. i'll switch to them when the 125 pro hunters run out. honestly i don't think i really matters that much. if you've got a shot at a standing, unalarmed animal, it'll go down with any bullet hit in the earholio vicinity.

primers are the bottleneck now. thankfully davidK or elktow or whatever his name is, put me back in the game with a boat load of cci 450s. thanks man!!

dikkshard - i'll need to see pics of the wemmin you're planning on bringing with you.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: djones] #8125005 01/11/21 06:49 PM
D
djones Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
pic for attention and hero status

[Linked Image]

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #8125290 01/11/21 09:45 PM
D
Dzhitshard Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
tex - i've shot quite a few 125 tnt's. for the last three quarters of 2020 i was ordering whatever i could get from 110 to 135. i had 1,000 tnt on backorder and they recently came in. i like them because sometimes they can be had in boxes of 500 on the cheap. i'll switch to them when the 125 pro hunters run out. honestly i don't think i really matters that much. if you've got a shot at a standing, unalarmed animal, it'll go down with any bullet hit in the earholio vicinity.

primers are the bottleneck now. thankfully davidK or elktow or whatever his name is, put me back in the game with a boat load of cci 450s. thanks man!!

dikkshard - i'll need to see pics of the wemmin you're planning on bringing with you.

Jeebuz you got #450 hookups too? Charmed life. Im down to my last 200 and I have to go back to using FGMM for the next case. After that I'm going to have to start working into the milspec stuff. I have multiple bricks of about everything else but no small rifle magnums.

Has anyone else moved to Winchester, Wolf military, or CCI milspec primers "successfully" since #450s dried up? Successfully as in not having to rework charge weight dramatically?

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Dzhitshard] #8125634 01/12/21 12:47 AM
Wilson Combat Offline
Boar Meister
Boar Meister

Jeebuz you got #450 hookups too? Charmed life. Im down to my last 200 and I have to go back to using FGMM for the next case. After that I'm going to have to start working into the milspec stuff. I have multiple bricks of about everything else but no small rifle magnums.

Has anyone else moved to Winchester, Wolf military, or CCI milspec primers "successfully" since #450s dried up? Successfully as in not having to rework charge weight dramatically?

In a pinch like this any primer except the soft Federal 200 and 205s will work OK, especially CCI400 and 41 they may just show some cratering where the 450s don't

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Wilson Combat] #8126473 01/12/21 05:01 PM
D
Dzhitshard Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D

My dang hero. I just loaded up my last 200 125gr ProHunter & was worried I'd have to go back to stuffing 125gr TNT pills next month. Thankfully Midway emailed me an in stock notification last night for 150gr speer #2022 and I grabbed enough that I'd be ready for anytime you invited me down for the shooting exhibition. flehan

I love that "let em get up some steam so you can cartwheel em" technique.

In a pinch like this any primer except the soft Federal 200 and 205s will work OK, especially CCI400 and 41 they may just show some cratering where the 450s don't

Thank you for that piece of mind.
I had a ton of them so I moved to FGMM primers for a few hundred rounds of ProHunters and TNT.
On my ladders I was getting some pretty high ES and SD and some evidence of unburnt powder in the chamber and lower. I bumped a bit on the FC die and it seemed to help all of it but that comes at a cost. After I exhaust this brick I'll probably just start using the wolf military primers since I'm not seeing big benefits from the FGMM with a compressed load.
Once the newness of the HAMR fades a bit for me I wll probably go to shooting little critters with the .223 again.Then I won't be burning so much prescious pig ammo.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #8127110 01/13/21 01:05 AM
E
eugenesan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
@Wilson Combat
Who manufactured the last two batches of brass you were selling on your site? Starline or Sig?
While you are OOS, I've found Starline cases for sale but want to make sure I am getting brass identical to brass I am using now.
Thanks.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: eugenesan] #8128206 01/13/21 10:40 PM
Wilson Combat Offline
Boar Meister
Boar Meister
Originally Posted by eugenesan
@Wilson Combat
Who manufactured the last two batches of brass you were selling on your site? Starline or Sig?
While you are OOS, I've found Starline cases for sale but want to make sure I am getting brass identical to brass I am using now.
Thanks.

It would have been Sig mfg, we have a bunch on order from Starline, but haven't received any form them is quite a while. The latest promise from Starline is early Feb delivery. Sig has done well delivering considering the current market situation. We received 155k Sig mfg nickel cases yesterday.

Getting bullets has been our major problem..... Speer and Hornady are using up most of their bullet mfg capacity to feed their own ammo production, so OEM bullets are tough to get right now.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Wilson Combat] #8128468 01/14/21 01:55 AM
E
eugenesan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Originally Posted by eugenesan
@Wilson Combat
Thanks.

It would have been Sig mfg, we have a bunch on order from Starline, but haven't received any form them is quite a while. The latest promise from Starline is early Feb delivery. Sig has done well delivering considering the current market situation. We received 155k Sig mfg nickel cases yesterday.

Getting bullets has been our major problem..... Speer and Hornady are using up most of their bullet mfg capacity to feed their own ammo production, so OEM bullets are tough to get right now.

Thanks.

It would be nice if you could specify which brass is available on your site (when it's available).
I wonder if Sig and Starline brass will have have equal volume after firing or the difference permanent and is in wall thickness and/or head webbing?

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #8129489 01/14/21 10:17 PM
B
Bigfoot Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
My best buddy finally decided he needed an AR with the recent political climate. He wanted to get something high quality so I showed him one picture of the tactical hunter in 300 hammr and he ordered it to today. He was told waiting times are about 4 months. Now he has a better AR than me so I have to buy a WC next. Are there any time frames set yet for production to begin on 6.8's again?

Thanks again to your guys . he said they were very easy and informative to him.

Thanks again Bill appreciate it.

GO TRUMP!
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #8130168 01/15/21 01:34 PM
G
Graycard Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Your buddy's choice of a Wilson Combat rifle and the 300 HAM'R shows his wisdom. grin
Like him, I have always found the people at WC to be friendly and helpful before AND AFTER the sale.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Dzhitshard] #8130673 01/15/21 07:23 PM
D
Dzhitshard Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
@SwatDude1 @WilsonCombat

Tom

well, the approximate wait time for 11.3 tubes was 1 week. I got the call & the email this morning.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Graycard] #8130896 01/15/21 10:19 PM
B
Bigfoot Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Graycard
Your buddy's choice of a Wilson Combat rifle and the 300 HAM'R shows his wisdom. grin
Like him, I have always found the people at WC to be friendly and helpful before AND AFTER the sale.

Ill have to take credit for that one. He asked me what I would buy. He knows nothing about the gun industry. I just gave him the speech about why things cost more. You pay for the quality and service on guns just like you do on anything else in life. And 300 hamr is one of the only cartridges around that actually is available because of its new beginnings.

Im thinking about switching from 6.8 to the hammer myself.

Last edited by Bigfoot; 01/15/21 10:22 PM.

GO TRUMP!
Page 53 of 151 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 150 151
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide