Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,952
Posts9,731,011
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post #8122783 01/10/21 02:25 AM
East Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Help me make up my mind here on this one.....

Of course the ipad can do everything, and if it can not, I am sure, "There is an APP for that"

Saying that, with the Ipad comes distractions. You can download any app you want. The book of faces, blackjack, and my personal favorite, the Wish app (got most of my hunting gear off there)

Actually I think TexFlip bought his new property off the Wish App. Crazy, one of those hit or miss type deals.

Either way,

On the other hand, I am a huge note taker. Like all day, every 2-3 min, of any idea that pops into my head. Hate typing it on my phone, rather write it down, and go for it later. Problem is, there is paper every where in my office. And thus for that, all the millionaire ideas get lost, along with the Zima bottles, Readers Digest tear outs and cutouts for the Brookshires coupons adds.

I like how the Remarkable, just organizes it all, no social media, no news stories, etc. Strictly business, and itself, does have helpful apps for collecting data, but nothing news, social media, etc. related. If I typed in, I spend 4 hours a day working, 16 drinking, and 4 sleeping, the Remarkable 2 would make the best pie chart or graph it could, collected from the data provided, without automatically notifying an ad agency to make AAA meetings a part of my feed or Michelob sending me spam mail. - Now saying that, what if I am really working, and I need to google something. I. E. (like what does I.E. mean) I don't believe it has the ability to do this, and if it does, I have not seen it represented in any of the hands on demonstrations. So you would still be reverting to your phone or computer. While this to some may seem like a large set back, I am not to concerned, because ever since I was a young teenager my mom always screamed at me, that I know everything. So I rarely have to look anything up.............

Well, Mom, bump in the road this time. Because, I don't know which one to buy.

All joking aside, I like how the Remarkable 2 is very professional, no apps, straight business, and easy to organize. But the lack of online information, even if it may be social media related to gain facts, is obsolete on this system. Thus you will still require another device to retrieve data if necessary. Saying that, how many times have we picked up our iPhones to check our calendar, hub subscriptions, whatever it may be and ended up distracted by those pesky red notification icons or Sexylexi new fans only video.

Now yes, some may say, all work and no play makes for a poor life style. But, rest assured, Sexilexi subscriptions are not cheap, so we need to make sure to prioritize........ then decide how to diversify the funds.

Remarkable:
1. Hand writing tech
2. Converts writing, date, etc to email for exporting information to customers
3. Weighs less than an Ipad and is bullet proof (can use as body armor)
4. No infinite app distractions, helps you stay focused on work
5. You can Esign, edit text, etc.

Disclaimer: You can not use as body armor, but it does weigh less.

Disclaimer 2: I mean technically if they are shooting a pump BB gun, 1-2 pumps, probably stop that. So, the bullet proof part is negotiable, but in this case, not Remarkable.

iPad:
1. Whatever you want, there is an app, a pen, a rep, a store, wifi, safari, safari private, social media, news, (or CNN for you guys), angry birds, change the back ground, set your alarm, can pair with your home Alexa system, start your car, adjust your thermostat, set up a grooming appointment for your dog, order your meds (if yall need them), order your groceries, voice command, probably has a built in tape measure app, if you need to know if Lexi is going live probably have it send a notification, I mean seriously I bought a smart light bulb on Black Friday and can tell my closet what color I want the bulb to be (has date coming home, uses iPad to make all colors a pink glow, and shoot rose pedals out of the AC vents)................................

You know, the iPad has A LOT of DISTRACTIONS. And it is double the price. And when I have customers over, they always pull out an Ipad and start doing the presentation, it ALWAYS seems like they cant figure it out. (Wait a sec, let me find it, the company just made us start using these) Been hearing that same speech since Motorola flip phones.

I mean, did you know that during a recent study in 2019, companies that supplied their sales team with iPads, noticed a 37% loss in sales while a 73% surge in data usage. Facts don't lie, full of distractions.

Disclaimer: Facts do lie at times, i.e., mail in voting.

Alright, yall have a great night, I will check back in, in a few months, when someone returns the money to cover the cost of the Remarkable. You know who you are roflmao

The device I would like to have
multiple choice, up to 2 choices
Votes accepted starting: 01/10/21 02:23 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8122790 01/10/21 02:34 AM
East Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
[Linked Image]

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8122817 01/10/21 02:51 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Note pads or journals for notes. Keep ideas organized like a diary
I use tally books

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8122833 01/10/21 03:04 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
I use tally books

I don’t know how the general population survives without tally books. I know I can’t.

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8122840 01/10/21 03:11 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Why did you not call your IT guy?

[Linked Image]
Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8122862 01/10/21 03:39 AM
East Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I use tally books

there are probably 10-15 notepads on my desk right now, not counting whats scattered in the shop. And I can't picture what I wrote down, just cant ever find it. Most likely in 3 years I will find it wrote on the back of the 3rd to last page

Jess text me when you can, show you snake cage update

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: Bee'z] #8122864 01/10/21 03:41 AM
East Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 2Beez

Before I met that guy, I had a regular job. Good insurance, crappy 401k. Now I just babysit employees and answer so many phone calls, I cant keep track of what I wrote down.

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8122894 01/10/21 04:22 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Chick I work with just got one and absolutely loves what it can do for her. It looked cool. I’d rather have pen and paper and an iPad for the rest of what it can do.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8122895 01/10/21 04:23 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Turn a picture of anything written and typed and convert to a pdf, organize accordingly.

[Linked Image]
Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8122908 01/10/21 04:43 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by East
Originally Posted by 2Beez

Before I met that guy, I had a regular job. Good insurance, crappy 401k. Now I just babysit employees and answer so many phone calls, I cant keep track of what I wrote down.

Well, I hate that midget too so I feel your pain...Manage employee's and not phone calls.

[Linked Image]
Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8122917 01/10/21 05:06 AM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Just have a few more drinks , It’ll come to ya. cheers

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8122920 01/10/21 05:14 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
iPad and some self control. You can do whatever you need to do on an iPad and the use it to post on the THF, too. They’re good machines.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8122980 01/10/21 12:08 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I use an Ipad. Do know about the others except taking notes. I can not read my own hand writing.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8123202 01/10/21 04:10 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Use OneNote (yes it is a Microsoft app) but cloud based and can access across all devices.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8123461 01/10/21 07:33 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
I mean, I feel like a catapulted you into greatness.

[Linked Image]

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: Sneaky] #8123465 01/10/21 07:34 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Sneaky
I use tally books

I don’t know how the general population survives without tally books. I know I can’t.

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: Bullfrog] #8123700 01/10/21 09:54 PM
East Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Chick I work with just got one and absolutely loves what it can do for her. It looked cool. I’d rather have pen and paper and an iPad for the rest of what it can do.

She hot?

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: bill oxner] #8124148 01/11/21 02:56 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by bill oxner
I use an Ipad. Do know about the others except taking notes. I can not read my own hand writing.

Worst than your pictures?

Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: East] #8124152 01/11/21 02:59 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

She hot?

8 years ago, yes. Now, nope.

[Linked Image]
Re: IPad or Remarkable 2 - Semi drunk, been working all day post [Re: Bullfrog] #8124341 01/11/21 08:53 AM
East Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

She hot?

8 years ago, yes. Now, nope.

technically 8 years ago i looked alot better too

everything takes work, and a few diet pills

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide