Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: blkt2] #8114334 01/04/21 05:53 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by blkt2
Originally Posted by patriot07
If you're comparing the stock market to the gun market and claiming any sort of similarity, then you either don't understand the problem, or you're part of it.

I have better things to do then sit outside of a store waiting for it to open. I also can not be part of a problem when there is not a problem. Back when Stalin ran the Soviet Union he frequently blamed his failures on hoarders, profiteers (gougers), and speculators. Modern Democrats also attack people for having a profit motive.

The stock market is speculation and so is buying ammo in hope of flipping it for a profit. The gougers are only one half of the so called problem; the other half are the people willing to buy products from them. You can not have one without the other.

It is kind of funny that when people speculate on houses in the hope of making a profit when the sell them a short time after buying them they make TV shows about them and lots of people think that it is a grand idea and many try their hand at the same thing.

If you think profit is bad you should see what the world looks like with out it.

Never said profit was a problem - but I also don't blame people for being frustrated with the situation. That's all I'm saying.

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: teufelhunden] #8114337 01/04/21 06:01 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
So what about that Vaccine? popcorn

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: Ol Thumper] #8114339 01/04/21 06:18 AM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
^^^^^ It reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons where Ned Flanders answers his door and he's wearing dark glasses and carrying a cane because he's blind. He makes the comment that Lasik eye surgery is wonderful until ten years later when your eyes fall out.

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: Ol Thumper] #8114344 01/04/21 09:06 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
So what about that Vaccine? popcorn

The vaccine is a hoax. It is a DNA restructuring Nano technology designed to reprogram the masses into a more compliant population.
Mind control through the new “5G” towers going up everywhere.

Prove me wrong. yingyang

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: teufelhunden] #8114393 01/04/21 12:45 PM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
If you deal with leaches, they will bleed you dry.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: teufelhunden] #8114486 01/04/21 02:38 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Is it price gouging? Is it not price gouging? I don't know and I don't care, I'm sick of it. It is artificially created BS and I'm ready for it to go back to normal. I have the ammo and components I need, I'm just sick of nothing being available to try a new bullet/powder combo with etc.

There isn't a problem other than idiots running and buying more than they would out of fear or whatever. All the ammo getting bought is definitely not being shot. If people would just calm down take a dump and think with their heads and not their rear ends we would be "normal" again in a week.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: teufelhunden] #8114534 01/04/21 03:10 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
It's going to be a hot minute before prices come back to any sense of normal...if ever. Also we have a new set of AZZ clowns about to take office and there's no telling what they have up their sleeves.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: redchevy] #8114571 01/04/21 03:39 PM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by redchevy
Is it price gouging? Is it not price gouging? I don't know and I don't care, I'm sick of it. It is artificially created BS and I'm ready for it to go back to normal. I have the ammo and components I need, I'm just sick of nothing being available to try a new bullet/powder combo with etc.

There isn't a problem other than idiots running and buying more than they would out of fear or whatever. All the ammo getting bought is definitely not being shot. If people would just calm down take a dump and think with their heads and not their rear ends we would be "normal" again in a week.

Spot on.

I don’t mind paying “new normal” prices but “new normal” prices isn’t buying from the guy that hits academy at dawn 3x a week buying ammo for $XX and turning around and selling it for $XXX.

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: The Dude Abides] #8114584 01/04/21 03:52 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
The use of "gouging" is correct, although not completely the same as the definition that the government uses for during a crisis.

I don't think ammo and guns fits into the essential items category.

They do at my house.
up

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: 68A] #8114591 01/04/21 03:53 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by 68A
I don’t mind paying “new normal” prices but “new normal” prices isn’t buying from the guy that hits academy at dawn 3x a week buying ammo for $XX and turning around and selling it for $XXX.

That's the real issue here. People know the gougers are asking several times what they paid at the store.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: blkt2] #8114592 01/04/21 03:53 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by blkt2
I wonder if any of the people complaining about price gouging would sell me their house for what they paid for it.

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: Texas Dan] #8114602 01/04/21 04:01 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Originally Posted by 68A

That's the real issue here. People know the gougers are asking several times what they paid at the store.

Yep - people without a job are killing the folks like me who have been at work for several hours by the time academy opens.

ETA - I don't really need any ammo right now. I just hate the thought that I can't get any if I did.

Last edited by patriot07; 01/04/21 04:04 PM.
Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: Texas Dan] #8114608 01/04/21 04:06 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by 68A

And people are paying the asking price. If they don't then the next guy will.

I remember right after Sandy Hook I put P-Mags on Gunbroker starting at $.01. Some sold as high as $75 each. The demand drove the price up. No different now with ammo.

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: teufelhunden] #8114614 01/04/21 04:11 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Let's not overlook there are still many folks out there who enjoy helping those within their hunting circle by selling them a box or two for nothing more than what they paid for it at the store.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: The Dude Abides] #8114632 01/04/21 04:27 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by 68A

I remember right after Sandy Hook I put P-Mags on Gunbroker starting at $.01. Some sold as high as $75 each. The demand drove the price up. No different now with ammo.

Their paying it because they don’t have a choice right now, most people don’t have hours and hours of free time to search for normally priced ammo giving the resellers free reign to do as they please on the pricing. I just hope when things get back to whatever normals going to be that all the guys reselling ammo for stupid prices are all remembered. Mostly talking about companies doing it but some of the individuals as well. I know I’m taking mental notes and Ive refused to sell ammo and a gun in the last week to a couple guys that I knew were simply going to flip them for a quick profit. The only recourse we as consumers have is to speak with our wallets, what goes around comes around and I’m a firm believer in Karma for the guys doing it just because they can.
In the end is it wrong, realistically no but it smells of turd soup. Having said all of that some of the individuals may be out of work and trying to make a dollar for their families any way they can so I can’t judge anyone for it. I’m just not going to participate in it by purchasing anything from them if I can keep from it or selling anything to them.

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: Texas Dan] #8114633 01/04/21 04:28 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Let's not overlook there are still many folks out there who enjoy helping those within their hunting circle by selling them a box or two for nothing more than what they paid for it at the store.

Exactly, This is how it should work in times of need up

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: teufelhunden] #8114648 01/04/21 04:33 PM
T
Texican Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I think there are a different types of sellers.

- Some buy and sell strictly for profit.
- Some bought and are now using that ammo as currency to either fund or trade for ammo they can't find now. *I am in this category. I am looking for ammo and would like to trade since it keeps things fairly equal. However if someone wants to buy it from me, it does not make sense to sell at original prices if I am going to have to buy at new/higher prices. Am I a gouger? I don't think so. And I am surely not going to buy high and sell low....

I know some prices are slightly marked up, and some more extreme. I will not knock someone for what pricing they are asking. If I don't like it, I pass. If I need it, I may pay a premium. At some point things will correct themselves. But when.....

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: Ol Thumper] #8114651 01/04/21 04:34 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Originally Posted by 68A

Their paying it because they don’t have a choice right now, most people don’t have hours and hours of free time to search for normally priced ammo giving the resellers free reign to do as they please on the pricing. I just hope when things get back to whatever normals going to be that all the guys reselling ammo for stupid prices are all remembered. Mostly talking about companies doing it but some of the individuals as well. I know I’m taking mental notes and Ive refused to sell ammo and a gun in the last week to a couple guys that I knew were simply going to flip them for a quick profit. The only recourse we as consumers have is to speak with our wallets, what goes around comes around and I’m a firm believer in Karma for the guys doing it just because they can.
In the end is it wrong, realistically no but it smells of turd soup. Having said all of that some of the individuals may be out of work and trying to make a dollar for their families any way they can so I can’t judge anyone for it. I’m just not going to participate in it by purchasing anything from them if I can keep from it or selling anything to them.

Just my opinion, but if people quit paying it, it will stop.

In todays day and age how much ammo do you need? Other than recreation how much ammo do you need? I have the same magazine loaded in my carry pistol as I did a year ago. Need is a funny word, most people done know what needs are anymore.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: teufelhunden] #8114661 01/04/21 04:38 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I gave Robert @APR 6 boxes of 9mm.

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: The Dude Abides] #8114688 01/04/21 04:53 PM
teufelhunden Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
LOL...The both of you can pound sand.

Sucks to be stocking up now huh?

Whiners...

I have more than enough. Believe me. Happy gouging [censored]

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: patriot07] #8114720 01/04/21 05:09 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
For a bunch of supposed red blooded Americans; some of y'all sure seam to hate capitalism.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: teufelhunden] #8114726 01/04/21 05:14 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by teufelhunden
LOL...The both of you can pound sand.

Sucks to be stocking up now huh?

Whiners...

I have more than enough. Believe me. Happy gouging [censored]

I have not sold anything on this forum but once fired brass and a YHM FH in recent weeks...so FO DB!!

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: teufelhunden] #8114732 01/04/21 05:18 PM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by teufelhunden
Not sure when this crap will end, but I'm am tired of the price gouging on everything. You know it's bad when someone is selling a Radical Firearms AR15 for $1000. Pssst!

I think you better get ready for this to be the norm.

Wall Street is selling off today on the news that the dems will have a strong showing in Georgia.

Let’s hope that news is wrong.

Make America Great Again

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: TexFlip] #8114734 01/04/21 05:19 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by TexFlip
For a bunch of supposed red blooded Americans; some of y'all sure seam to hate capitalism.

Right!

Hey devil dog....sell me your house what you paid for it 15 years ago?

Re: Sick of the price gouging [Re: The Dude Abides] #8114755 01/04/21 05:39 PM
K
Korean Redneck Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by TexFlip

Right!

Hey devil dog....sell me your house what you paid for it 15 years ago?

I couldn't help but think the same thing. These situations, and plural here because it happens often, always remind of the first time I got caught with my pants down. It was the Obama election. The person I was the most upset with was Cheaper Than Dirt and then myself for not being prepared.

Look, I ain't knocking anyone's income level as I been through about all of them. What I am questioning in times like these is the passion level. For some who claim they really enjoy shooting and all that, then why so unprepared especially if one assumes this is a reoccurring issue. I bring up income because buy cheap now at low demand so I can use it during scarce times is a lesson that can be applied to anything. I ain't feeling the crunch because every time I buy when "unnecessary" so I made the choices in the past to sacrifice. Meaning the $3 i spend years ago on primer is now worth $30 today. But luckily it will fall back down. God bless America and capitalism, including all its glaring flaws and wonder outcomes.

I'm a dude who likes long barrels!
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide