Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Heart issue- possible Covid in February #8112808 01/03/21 02:05 AM
Superduty Offline OP
"The Regulator"
OP Offline
"The Regulator"
Ok THF'ers. I believe that I had Covid before it was talked about, look up my post history late January early February.Well since I have had a heart issue. I cannot get my cardio up without tense heart/chest pain. I mean intense stop and rest pain. Otherwise on a daily basis nothing, an example was walking to the blind with a rifle and small backpack the chest pain is intensely taking out 3-4 bags of trash (usually 1) I notice the intense pain...more like a constrictor in my left chest.

So once insurance kicks in Jan 10th I am going to do a Stress test.

Question, anyone here that has Covid experience this?

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8112822 01/03/21 02:09 AM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
My FIL has had somewhat similar issues since he was hospitalized in July with it. I had an elevated heart rate for probably 2 months after I got it

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8112832 01/03/21 02:16 AM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Take it easy til 1/10!

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8112841 01/03/21 02:24 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Fingers crossed.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8112848 01/03/21 02:34 AM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Take it real easy till you see the doctor. You know it hurts but you don’t know why. The why could be important.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8112935 01/03/21 03:26 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
There was a rash of viral cardiomyopathy last year, my brother in law got it right around january and was sick from thanksgiving until January when he finally got it checked out and he was in heart failure. He thought it was covid when the news of covid came out, and its possible, but hard to know. The cardiologist told him at the time that he was the second weird viral cardiomyopathy in recent time, but both those cases pre-dated february by qute a few months

My only argument against it being covid is at that time we didn’t have a bunch of people getting hospitalized for respiratory distress despite a lot of folks being sick with a lingering cough that lasted months. Could it have been a similar virus? Sure. Does it matter? Not really. The reality is the heart took a hit and needs to recover. Its also possible you simply have angina type pain with exertion. It happens to even younger folks sometimes. I know of two 40ish (one was early forty’s one was mid thirties) who both had heart attacks. It happens, esp with a family history.

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Texas buckeye] #8112944 01/03/21 03:30 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
There was a rash of viral cardiomyopathy last year, my brother in law got it right around january and was sick from thanksgiving until January when he finally got it checked out and he was in heart failure. He thought it was covid when the news of covid came out, and its possible, but hard to know. The cardiologist told him at the time that he was the second weird viral cardiomyopathy in recent time, but both those cases pre-dated february by qute a few months

My only argument against it being covid is at that time we didn’t have a bunch of people getting hospitalized for respiratory distress despite a lot of folks being sick with a lingering cough that lasted months. Could it have been a similar virus? Sure. Does it matter? Not really. The reality is the heart took a hit and needs to recover. Its also possible you simply have angina type pain with exertion. It happens to even younger folks sometimes. I know of two 40ish (one was early forty’s one was mid thirties) who both had heart attacks. It happens, esp with a family history.

Yes we did actually. I personally know 2 people.that had similar last December and then January. The guy from December almost died. Cdc visited him in in January or February and tested him for the antibodies. Yep he had it.

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8112950 01/03/21 03:34 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I've got a good friend that's a fireman and his wife is a nurse. I was talking to him recently and I asked him about the usual icu capacity etc. He said yes it's normal for an icu to be full but entire regions is rare. His wife used to work for a helicopter transport company (like careflight but I can't remember nthis companies name.) My buddy got his helicopter pilots license for fun and remains friends with some of her old co workers. One said last year at this time they were transporting people to Vegas for room availability. Dallas was swamped.

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8112973 01/03/21 03:47 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
im no doc and i hate people telling me how to take care of myself

but, you may have already had small heart attacks

ill include you in my nightly prayers which lately take about two hours. i hope HE doesn't get tired of listening to my same old asks

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: bill oxner] #8112991 01/03/21 03:56 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Fingers crossed.

Yup no more sex drugs and rock&roll for you......................................................................................................................

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Buzzsaw] #8113033 01/03/21 04:22 AM
Superduty Offline OP
"The Regulator"
OP Offline
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

ill include you in my nightly prayers which lately take about two hours. i hope HE doesn't get tired of listening to my same old asks

I'll be fine. Thank you.

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Buzzsaw] #8113044 01/03/21 04:28 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Buzz...for real you pray for two hours every night? Not judging just curious

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8113145 01/03/21 06:12 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Cardiac damage from Covid-19 is well documented. Hopefully you recover completely.

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8113366 01/03/21 03:32 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
🙏🙏

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8113390 01/03/21 03:39 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I, like you think I got Covid early. I have no symptoms like you describe.

If I were you I would go get a calcium scan out of pocket and have it ready to present to your doctor.
My doctor suggested this as a preventative measure, because it's an inexpensive test you can do out of pocket that
will get you the services you need insurance wise without having an event first. I actually have been sitting on it and
haven't done the scan yet myself.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8113516 01/03/21 05:16 PM
S
Shotgun Willie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Last year I had a persistent cough that went from November to January. This year, no cough, but the same thing you describe, shortness of breath and kind of a popping pain in my chest with even mild activity. I've had an antibody test and a rapid test so far, and both came back negative. 45 years old, been waiting until the new year to see the doc about it so I wasn't paying on last year's deductible.

10 years ago... "Chest pain? Better call an ambulance."

Now... "Better wait until Jan 1 so I don't get hosed twice."

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8113544 01/03/21 05:41 PM
J
jskin Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I had it before Thanksgiving. Every since I wake up in night having trouble breathing. I have to relax and sit up to get my breathing back to normal. Very minimal physical effort makes it hard for me to breathe. Never had these issues before. I go to Dr on Tuesday to see what’s up. I just know I don’t like the breathing problems it freaks me out!

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8114611 01/04/21 04:08 PM
C
copperhead Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Superduty
Ok THF'ers. I believe that I had Covid before it was talked about, look up my post history late January early February.Well since I have had a heart issue. I cannot get my cardio up without tense heart/chest pain. I mean intense stop and rest pain. Otherwise on a daily basis nothing, an example was walking to the blind with a rifle and small backpack the chest pain is intensely taking out 3-4 bags of trash (usually 1) I notice the intense pain...more like a constrictor in my left chest.

So once insurance kicks in Jan 10th I am going to do a Stress test.

Question, anyone here that has Covid experience this?

I had the exact same thing happen to me last July/August. I was getting ready for my elk hunt in October so I would go out after work and walk to try and get in shape. As I would walk, my chest would start hurting and I would get nauseous at times. I would stop walking and the pain would eventually stop and I would continue on. This would happen several times during my walk. One night, my wife and In was watching TV and my chest started hurting again. I took a tums and it eventually stopped. On 08/13 I was helping FD fight a large brushfire, it was 107 deg and very smoky. After helping a guy with his house, I went to the command center to get a water when one of the EMT's asked if I was OK. I told him I was hot and thirsty and my chest was hurting because of all the smoke I inhaled. He had me get into the meat wagon and when he did an EKG, he said something wasn't right. He took me to the ER where the Dr. took a blood sample. About 15 min later he came in and said "Dude, you're having a heart attack right now". He put glycerin paste on my chest, loaded me up, and went to another hospital where there was a cardiologist. The next morning, the Dr. said he was going to do a heart cath on me to check for blockages. If it wasn't bad, he would stent it. When I came out, he said I have 5 blockages, with the worst one being my widow maker which was over 90% blocked. They were all 90-40% blocked. He said if I don't get it fixed now I will not see Christmas. I went to another hospital in Round Rock and there, 4 days later, I had open heart surgery with a 5 way By pass. I'm about 100% recovered now, I have 6 more weeks before I go back to full duty but I feel so much better now. I realize now that I had the signs but I just didn't realize what they were trying to tell me. The surgeon had asked me of family history of heart disease, none. Did I smoke? I quit 25 years ago. High cholesterol? No, my Dr's had advised diet would control it because it wasn't bad. Diabetes? Nope, good there too. The surgeon was at a loss on why I was this bad at 58. He just told me he didn't know why but he would fix it. And he did. I won't bullcrap you, the surgery was HELL but the end results are well worth it. I'm down 20 lbs, I walk about 20 miles per week, watch my diet, and over all really enjoying life now. It is a game changer. I'm on meds now but there is a chance I will eventually cut those out too. On 12/24, I was tested positive for Covid. I isolated for the 10 days and back to work today. I know it affects people differently but for me, I've had worse allergies. My biggest peeve was not tasting or smelling anything. We decided to forego the Christmas dinner as it would be a waste of time. My wife and I are getting our senses back now. Please be careful and don't over do it, get that stress test and I hope whatever you do, you come out on the other end better than when you went in. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. There were a couple people on here that helped me immensely just by telling me what to expect. Good luck!!

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: jskin] #8114623 01/04/21 04:17 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by jskin
I had it before Thanksgiving. Every since I wake up in night having trouble breathing. I have to relax and sit up to get my breathing back to normal. Very minimal physical effort makes it hard for me to breathe. Never had these issues before. I go to Dr on Tuesday to see what’s up. I just know I don’t like the breathing problems it freaks me out!

Those are the signs I had for 3 weeks, right before going to ER. PCP said it was athsma, turned out to be much worse.

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8130807 01/15/21 09:28 PM
Superduty Offline OP
"The Regulator"
OP Offline
"The Regulator"
Update:

Ok went to a cardiologist today and he wants to do a Cardiac Catheterization the end of this month. He is telling me that it will be challenging to get it scheduled due to Covid. Says he has to get government approval.

He also told me I can just go the ER and lay on bed until they can get to me and get it done.

I will wait to see if he can get an approval, have to do a ultrasound of my heart next Tuesday. He says a stress test is sense less because if he cannot get the procedure approved then the results a null.

Final option is just wait for a true heart attack and call an ambulance.

Yipeee!

Last edited by Superduty; 01/15/21 09:28 PM.

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8130942 01/15/21 10:42 PM
H
hawk Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
I had the cardio angiogram done last August. Was told I had up to 75% blockage in the window maker. Scheduled a heart cath/stent. They got in and found no blockage. Best wishes. I hope that yours turns out the same!

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8130951 01/15/21 10:46 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Hang in there SD. Dang

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8130959 01/15/21 10:52 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Superduty
Update:

Ok went to a cardiologist today and he wants to do a Cardiac Catheterization the end of this month. He is telling me that it will be challenging to get it scheduled due to Covid. Says he has to get government approval.

He also told me I can just go the ER and lay on bed until they can get to me and get it done.

I will wait to see if he can get an approval, have to do a ultrasound of my heart next Tuesday. He says a stress test is sense less because if he cannot get the procedure approved then the results a null.

Final option is just wait for a true heart attack and call an ambulance.

Yipeee!

I'm assuming the "government approval" is because you're in a Trauma Service Area that has exceeded the amount of allowable covid patients and that caused a shutdown of elective surgeries. Don't know how it would effect your insurance, but you might inquire about moving the surgery to another city that isn't on the restricted list.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8130974 01/15/21 11:02 PM
topwater13 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I have dull chest pain off and on. Had c19 in June. My chest starts hurting reading this thread.
Stress test scheduled, but they can't get me in until mid Feb.

Re: Heart issue- possible Covid in February [Re: Superduty] #8131024 01/15/21 11:28 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Fingers crossed.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide