texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Sodbuster, KISS88, TxRoper70, Randy Williams, Ranger376
67865 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 104,790
bill oxner 76,903
stxranchman 57,143
SnakeWrangler 55,009
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
Gravytrain 41,475
BMD 41,112
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics593,686
Posts11,165,694
Members82,865
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Cataract Surgery Round Two #8108959 12/31/20 05:22 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6,614
N
nsmike Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6,614
After having cataract surgery three years ago on my left eye I found out today I need to have my right eye done. I started seeing halos at night about three months ago, today, I failed the glare test at my annual eye exam. Last time I had cataract surgery it was because, I had white outs from glare, both times, I was fortunate to be a passenger and not driving. If you start seeing halos, you need to have it checked, my white out in the exam chair today lasted five seconds. That's not something you need to have happen while driving


for every stereotype there's a prototype
Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: nsmike] #8108961 12/31/20 05:23 AM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 7,478
T
TCM3 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 7,478
My dad had both eyes done about 6 or 7 years ago. He said it's way easier to drive at night now.


it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Texas,Our Texas all hail The mighty state
Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: nsmike] #8108968 12/31/20 05:42 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,943
kmon1 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,943
I had both eyes cataract surgeries in 2018, now in Sept 2020 had the left eye Fuchs Dystrophy surgery and planning to get the right eye done in the next couple months or so. For me Cataract made some difference but that Fuchs left eye surgery I am seeing better than I have in a while, the halos are much smaller and vision is a solid 2025 uncorrected.

If you need eye surgery get it done, it can make a world of difference.

Last edited by kmon1; 12/31/20 05:43 AM.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: nsmike] #8109042 12/31/20 12:36 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 76,903
bill oxner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 76,903
Had my right eye done several years ago. Left is fine.


Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill


[Linked Image]




Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: kmon1] #8109178 12/31/20 02:34 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,078
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,078
Originally Posted by kmon1
I had both eyes cataract surgeries in 2018, now in Sept 2020 had the left eye Fuchs Dystrophy surgery and planning to get the right eye done in the next couple months or so. For me Cataract made some difference but that Fuchs left eye surgery I am seeing better than I have in a while, the halos are much smaller and vision is a solid 2025 uncorrected.

If you need eye surgery get it done, it can make a world of difference.


Fuchs is hereditary. My grandmother had it. My mom and a few siblings had it. Children supposedly have about a 50/50 chance.

When I was with Mom at her last visit I asked the Doc if all that I had read was correct and he said yes, asked me my age, which at the time was upper 50's. We were literally walking out the door with this conversation and he told me to hop in the chair. He looked at my eyes and told me he was pretty sure I was in the clear and wouldn't have it.

Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: nsmike] #8109798 12/31/20 09:57 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 5,258
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Shocked
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 5,258
Good luck sir

Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: nsmike] #8110293 01/01/21 03:10 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6,614
N
nsmike Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6,614
Surgery and recovery went well last time, I'm scheduled for measurements on Monday, then the IOL gets ordered and surgery scheduled. I'm going with a premium IOL so it may or may not be available locally. I have a choice of two and have to decide between them. I read up on both of them and have a couple of questions.


for every stereotype there's a prototype
Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: nsmike] #8116416 01/05/21 07:27 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,735
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,735
Originally Posted by nsmike
Surgery and recovery went well last time, I'm scheduled for measurements on Monday, then the IOL gets ordered and surgery scheduled. I'm going with a premium IOL so it may or may not be available locally. I have a choice of two and have to decide between them. I read up on both of them and have a couple of questions.


Which lenses were offered? I know a thing or two about those things

Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: nsmike] #8116487 01/05/21 08:31 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6,614
N
nsmike Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6,614
AcrySof.IQ Vivity or PanOptix. I told the tech that my priorities are, computer use, then close vision, then distance. I have an Acrysof Restor IOL in my left eye. I left it up to the Doctor to choose the best match.


for every stereotype there's a prototype
Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: nsmike] #8116519 01/05/21 08:53 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,735
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,735
I would opt for the panoptix in that situation. Will be closest to the restor and give better intermediate as well. The combo should give great near, good to great distance, and good intermediate. Plus, the vivity is only available right now in certain powers, I am sure you were in that range if it was offered. hopefully the cost difference was the same.

If you told me distance was priority I would suggest vivity.

Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: Texas buckeye] #8116529 01/05/21 08:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,452
F
freerange Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
F
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,452
In case yall arent aware, this is what TexBuck does for a living.


Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Cataract Surgery Round Two [Re: Texas buckeye] #8117177 01/06/21 05:48 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6,614
N
nsmike Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6,614
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
I would opt for the panoptix in that situation. Will be closest to the restor and give better intermediate as well. The combo should give great near, good to great distance, and good intermediate. Plus, the vivity is only available right now in certain powers, I am sure you were in that range if it was offered. hopefully the cost difference was the same.

If you told me distance was priority I would suggest vivity.

That was my thought. I use the computer a lot and make jewelry as a hobby.


for every stereotype there's a prototype
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3