texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
opencoffeenav, lazyeye, Hulvamon, HAAJr, WWeatherford21
68786 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 108,604
stxranchman 58,231
SnakeWrangler 57,492
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
Gravytrain 43,638
BMD 41,222
Big Orn 37,484
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics609,664
Posts11,409,985
Members83,786
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8106730 12/29/20 04:03 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 57,492
S
SnakeWrangler Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 57,492
Ran down a few days ago just for an overnight.....hit the Black Pearl for a late lunch! Huge portions! Spitfire had the shrimp poboy with onion rings while I had the oyster poboy with fried okra and we shared some calamari......great meal reasonably priced with excellent service. Thanks Buzz!!!! [Linked Image]

After piddling at the beach for a while we hit Shrimp n Stuff for a late snack. Had the bacon wrapped shrimp and crab cake ball thingies..... Food was overcooked and service was slow. Hope is was just an off night but we were less than impressed... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable dickhead
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8106761 12/29/20 04:29 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,759
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,759
Looks like a great time. cheers


"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8106826 12/29/20 05:45 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,044
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,044
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Ran down a few days ago just for an overnight.....hit the Black Pearl for a late lunch! Huge portions! Spitfire had the shrimp poboy with onion rings while I had the oyster poboy with fried okra and we shared some calamari......great meal reasonably priced with excellent service. Thanks Buzz!!!! [Linked Image]

After piddling at the beach for a while we hit Shrimp n Stuff for a late snack. Had the bacon wrapped shrimp and crab cake ball thingies..... Food was overcooked and service was slow. Hope is was just an off night but we were less than impressed... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks Snake, looks like we'll be hitting the Black Pearl this coming June.

Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: Judd] #8108198 12/30/20 06:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 254
J
jr22dad Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
J
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by Judd
Shrimp N Stuff is our favorite and it’s more of a local place and no so touristy.


Find this and thank us later. Shrimp and Stuff is very good food and priced fairly. Nothing fancy and most folks other than those close by know of it. There are 2 locations but the the original is the best IMO. Anytime on the island, I cant stay away and neither can my friends

Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: DQ Kid] #8108200 12/30/20 06:07 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 254
J
jr22dad Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
J
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Ran down a few days ago just for an overnight.....hit the Black Pearl for a late lunch! Huge portions! Spitfire had the shrimp poboy with onion rings while I had the oyster poboy with fried okra and we shared some calamari......great meal reasonably priced with excellent service. Thanks Buzz!!!! [Linked Image]

After piddling at the beach for a while we hit Shrimp n Stuff for a late snack. Had the bacon wrapped shrimp and crab cake ball thingies..... Food was overcooked and service was slow. Hope is was just an off night but we were less than impressed... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks Snake, looks like we'll be hitting the Black Pearl this coming June.


Food has not been as good for me in the new location you went to. The original on Ave "O" is where I go and have had no issues

Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: jr22dad] #8108379 12/30/20 08:38 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 57,492
S
SnakeWrangler Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 57,492
Originally Posted by jr22dad
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Ran down a few days ago just for an overnight.....hit the Black Pearl for a late lunch! Huge portions! Spitfire had the shrimp poboy with onion rings while I had the oyster poboy with fried okra and we shared some calamari......great meal reasonably priced with excellent service. Thanks Buzz!!!! [Linked Image]

After piddling at the beach for a while we hit Shrimp n Stuff for a late snack. Had the bacon wrapped shrimp and crab cake ball thingies..... Food was overcooked and service was slow. Hope is was just an off night but we were less than impressed... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks Snake, looks like we'll be hitting the Black Pearl this coming June.


Food has not been as good for me in the new location you went to. The original on Ave "O" is where I go and have had no issues


Good to know....was surprised that Judd would lead me so far astray.....


Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable dickhead
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8108788 12/31/20 02:05 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 16,333
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 16,333
smile

I’m sorry, I didn’t know there was two. The one you ate at is not the one I’ve ate at.

We stumbled on it via Yelp reviews and I think we’ve went 2-3 more times since. I’ve never been disappointed but saying that the Black Pearl is good too.


Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8109789 12/31/20 09:55 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 11,696
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 11,696
Looks great

Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8129758 01/15/21 01:40 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,081
Reloder28 Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,081
If you want freezer food go to Guido’s. That place is a joke with its pretentious portions & WAY overpriced. I don't believe good seafood exists in Galveston.

TopWater Grill in San Leon is the top of the line. Best we’ve had.
www.topwatergrill.com

Second choice would be Kemah Boardwalk.


[b][/b]
Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8132430 01/17/21 02:22 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
J
J Bennett Offline
Green Horn
Offline
Green Horn
J
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
Just a lurker on THF but wanted to share one of my favorite spots on the Texas coast. Not in Galveston but we have driven there many times for an evening and when kid was young sometimes for a day trip while staying in Galveston for the week. The best food I have ever had on the Texas coast is at the Red Snapper Inn in Surfside. About a 50-60 minute drive from Galveston but an easy drive just down the island. Some might consider pricey but no more than say a chain such as Pappadeaux. Might need reservations, showed up one time without them and it was about a 2 hour wait.

Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: Judd] #8132896 01/17/21 10:57 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,532
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
E
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,532
Originally Posted by Judd
Shrimp N Stuff is our favorite and it’s more of a local place and no so touristy.


X2 excellent food at a great price. The fried shrimp is incredible.

Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: J Bennett] #8132898 01/17/21 11:00 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,532
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
E
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,532
Originally Posted by J Bennett
Just a lurker on THF but wanted to share one of my favorite spots on the Texas coast. Not in Galveston but we have driven there many times for an evening and when kid was young sometimes for a day trip while staying in Galveston for the week. The best food I have ever had on the Texas coast is at the Red Snapper Inn in Surfside. About a 50-60 minute drive from Galveston but an easy drive just down the island. Some might consider pricey but no more than say a chain such as Pappadeaux. Might need reservations, showed up one time without them and it was about a 2 hour wait.


I never miss a trip to the Red Snapper when I am on the Freeport/Surfside area. The place has some great food. The prices are a little high but fair for what you get.

Re: Best seafood in Galveston? [Re: Judd] #8147789 01/29/21 08:24 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,210
H
HuntFish512 Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
H
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,210
Originally Posted by Judd
Shrimp N Stuff is our favorite and it’s more of a local place and no so touristy.


For sure the best in Galveston!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2021 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3