Sinkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST! roflmao

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Can't wait to see their response I sent their customer service/warranty dept. on this! Told them her back up gloves do a better job keeping her feet warm and dry than their waders do! roflmao

Seriously think this is every pair of 2.0's ever purchased have now [censored] the bed! Not sure if they will replace them for her or not, but that was my last pair to ever purchase! No doubt!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8098302 12/21/20 09:25 PM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A guy on social media i follow had his sitka waders seams leaking. Not surprising.....

I'll stick with my Simms

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8098329 12/21/20 09:34 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I am a fly fish guy and a Simms guy but the Frogg Togg waders I bought last year are great and would buy them again.

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: 2flyfish4] #8098563 12/22/20 12:21 AM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 2flyfish4
A guy on social media i follow had his sitka waders seams leaking. Not surprising.....

I'll stick with my Simms

I’m on year 3 of abusing the sh*t out of my Sitka waders and have had 0 issues.

Originally Posted by garrett
I'm with GK because I like salty old dudes.
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: john paul] #8098795 12/22/20 03:26 AM
M
mattyg06 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by john paul

I'll stick with my Simms

What is the return charge if something does happen? My buddy has a pair and has had no issues either and is in year 3. Although due to his job he hasn't been able to use them near as much as expected.

I am in mid 2nd year with a breathable insulated pair I got from Gator waders, around $300+, and really like them with no problems so far. But my FIL also has a pair and said his just started to spring a leak and he is starting to look for a new pair. He is 70 years old but still duck hunts a lot and our spot is rough on waders.

Considering the Sitka set as but I am no longer seeing 'lifetime warranty' listed on their wader page. Instead, I am seeing '100% serviceable' as the terminology used. Also the few bad reviews they do have are concerning wader 'warranty' response customer service.

If for their entire lifetime gashes are repaired with in a week or 2 for only the shipping payment, then it seems it would be a no brainer to make this maybe his last pair of waders. But if you could expect $100 worth of service fees on a regular basis then it seems it maybe best just to pay less and get a new pair every 3 years.

Also considering the Academy brand which we had before. You could buy nearly 6 new pair of waders over a 10 year time frame and spend the same amount as on that Sitka pair.

I am thinking by 10 years old, even if the Sitka waters were still in good condition, you still may want to upgrade to the lasted and greatest technology.

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: mattyg06] #8098878 12/22/20 04:36 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by mattyg06

I'll stick with my Simms

What is the return charge if something does happen? My buddy has a pair and has had no issues either and is in year 3. Although due to his job he hasn't been able to use them near as much as expected.

I am in mid 2nd year with a breathable insulated pair I got from Gator waders, around $300+, and really like them with no problems so far. But my FIL also has a pair and said his just started to spring a leak and he is starting to look for a new pair. He is 70 years old but still duck hunts a lot and our spot is rough on waders.

Considering the Sitka set as but I am no longer seeing 'lifetime warranty' listed on their wader page. Instead, I am seeing '100% serviceable' as the terminology used. Also the few bad reviews they do have are concerning wader 'warranty' response customer service.

If for their entire lifetime gashes are repaired with in a week or 2 for only the shipping payment, then it seems it would be a no brainer to make this maybe his last pair of waders. But if you could expect $100 worth of service fees on a regular basis then it seems it maybe best just to pay less and get a new pair every 3 years.

Also considering the Academy brand which we had before. You could buy nearly 6 new pair of waders over a 10 year time frame and spend the same amount as on that Sitka pair.

I am thinking by 10 years old, even if the Sitka waters were still in good condition, you still may want to upgrade to the lasted and greatest technology.

99% of the time they don't charge for repairs.
I had gator waders, and they sucked, and I didn't realize how uncomfortable they were until I got the sitka's.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8098982 12/22/20 12:26 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Where are we getting that statistic from k Wood?

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8099122 12/22/20 02:25 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
They say that three percent of people
Use five to six percent of their brain
Ninety-seven percent use just three percent
And the rest goes down the drain
I'll never know which one I am
But I'll bet you my last dime
Ninety-nine percent think we're three percent
One-hundred percent of the time

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: ducknbass] #8099123 12/22/20 02:25 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Where are we getting that statistic from k Wood?

Not a hard statistic. But I've asked the question on multiple pages and only one person has said they had to pay.

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: garrett] #8099177 12/22/20 02:51 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
They say that three percent of people
Use five to six percent of their brain
Ninety-seven percent use just three percent
And the rest goes down the drain
I'll never know which one I am
But I'll bet you my last dime
Ninety-nine percent think we're three percent
One-hundred percent of the time

I say 85.9% of statistics are made up.

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8099209 12/22/20 03:06 PM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
All I know is 100% of waders will leak no matter how much money you spend on them.

3m 5200 in black is what I use to repair holes or leaking seems. Only bad thing about it is it takes about a week to fully cure. But it has cured 99% of my leaks.

Last edited by 2flyfish4; 12/22/20 03:14 PM.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8099212 12/22/20 03:08 PM
S
Sinkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
I know 1 stat that Im sure of.....6 pairs of Banded 2.0's. My old ones, my wifes, and 4 others at Camp. ALL leaked and had to be sent back. The 2nd pair my buddy had sent leaked the 2nd day of use. Thats 100% of Banded waders we have owned and been around have leaked.
Thats not a good stat no matter what kind of business youre in!

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8099226 12/22/20 03:14 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Proofs in the pudding there

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: 2flyfish4] #8099239 12/22/20 03:18 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
All I know is 100% of waders will leak no matter how much money you spend on them.

3m 5200 in black is what I use to repair holes or leaking seems. Only bad thing about it is it takes about a week to fully cure. But it has cured 99% of my leaks.

I agree, all waders will eventually leak. The difference here is a company that will repair their waders for free or you buy a new pair.

I tried the 5200 on my dry rotted gator wader boots and it didn't fix them, just too much flex where they cracked.

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8099391 12/22/20 04:59 PM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
If you spend 30+ days a year in waders, a top of the line pair (Sitka or Simms) is worth it. IMO. Some will disagree but I’ve worn a dozen+ pairs of $100-$300 waders over the last 10 years and nothing even compares to the functionality and comfort of the Sitka waders. I’m sure Simms are the same way. I almost bought a pair of Simms boot foot waders instead of Sitka but the zipper sold it for me on the Sitkas.

I'm with GK because I like salty old dudes.
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8099635 12/22/20 07:55 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I have 2 pair of gator waders, one insulated and the other not. The origanal pair of insulated leaked and gator waders replaced them no problem. That was 2 seasons ago. So I have worn them all of last season and this season and no problems yet. I spend 30 days wearing them each season also.

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8100083 12/23/20 12:55 AM
K
Kevin Heath Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
I don't know, maybe I am just lucky. I bought a pair of 3 mm sock foot waders from the sportsmans guide for a hunnert bucks. Duck hunted every day I could for 3 seasons, then moved to Dallas where they got thrown into an ice chest, for a few years until I took them to Wyoming for a fishing trip, and have had zero leaks.

Some days you're the pigeon, other days you are the statue!
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8100272 12/23/20 02:40 AM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I’ve bought the expensive waders all the way to the inexpensive waders at Academy. I hunt a good bit from bitter cold in the Dakotas to shirt sleeve weather in Texas in conditions from hard bottom to nasty mud and from minimal puncture hazards to stump fields and buck brush flats. There is no such thing as one pair of waders that’s best for all situations that are going to take all you can throw at them. I have come to the conclusion that waders are a disposable commodity. I by an assortment of stocking foot, insulated boot foot, breathable, and neoprene for the price of one high dollar pair with $ to spare. When the useful life of a pair is over and it’s time to scrap them, it is not nearly as painful and I already have a back up. If I get two years of hunting hard in any pair of waders without leaks, I feel like they were better than average. If I somehow manage not to puncture them to bad to patch, the seams, especially in the crotch will eventually leak.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Smokey Bear] #8100590 12/23/20 02:19 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
I’ve bought the expensive waders all the way to the inexpensive waders at Academy. I hunt a good bit from bitter cold in the Dakotas to shirt sleeve weather in Texas in conditions from hard bottom to nasty mud and from minimal puncture hazards to stump fields and buck brush flats. There is no such thing as one pair of waders that’s best for all situations that are going to take all you can throw at them. I have come to the conclusion that waders are a disposable commodity. I by an assortment of stocking foot, insulated boot foot, breathable, and neoprene for the price of one high dollar pair with $ to spare. When the useful life of a pair is over and it’s time to scrap them, it is not nearly as painful and I already have a back up. If I get two years of hunting hard in any pair of waders without leaks, I feel like they were better than average. If I somehow manage not to puncture them to bad to patch, the seams, especially in the crotch will eventually leak.

And that's exactly what sitka wants to end, and why they made a 100% serviceable wader. They care about the environment and do what they can for conservation

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8102046 12/24/20 04:54 PM
T
texas wetlands Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Over the years I've seen numerous post about waders.... some good ....some bad.

There seems to be one brand that never gets mentioned and that's Caddis Waders. We've been using them for 5 to 6 years and have had very good luck with them. Out of the 8-10 pair we have purchased through family and friends I can only recall one issue and that was a boot sole. They were sent back to Caddis and they sent us a brand new pair. Caddis is big in the fly fishing world and has been around a while. Not sure when they got into the hunting side but they offer breathable ( which we buy ) and neoprene. Ladies and Youth sizes available also. Just another option.

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: john paul] #8102876 12/25/20 02:20 PM
G
Greekangler Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

I'll stick with my Simms

Breathables all suck, IMO except for Sitkas- never get more than 1+year out of them

[Linked Image]
Take a kid Huntin
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Greekangler] #8104282 12/27/20 02:08 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Greekangler

I'll stick with my Simms

Breathables all suck, IMO except for Sitkas- never get more than 1+year out of them

you have never gotten more then a year out of Simms but a wader that’s one year old and barely three seasons on its name is the bomb dot.com. I’ve got five years on my Simms, they been patched from holes but seams and booties are holding on well. The Simms warranty would cover your year.

I have not dought sitka brought to market a great pairs of waders that are purpose built, but I find it hard to believe they are better then the industry leader in breathable waders whom sitka tried to get to build them for them.

OT obviously you have two boats. Simms or Sitka I’d say you can’t go wrong with either.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: john paul] #8104798 12/27/20 07:25 PM
O
OTL91 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O

I'll stick with my Simms

John Paul’s waders that supposedly worked so great for three years definitely had holes in them today...

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: texas wetlands] #8105552 12/28/20 03:24 PM
S
Sinkey Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by texas wetlands
Over the years I've seen numerous post about waders.... some good ....some bad.

There seems to be one brand that never gets mentioned and that's Caddis Waders. We've been using them for 5 to 6 years and have had very good luck with them. Out of the 8-10 pair we have purchased through family and friends I can only recall one issue and that was a boot sole. They were sent back to Caddis and they sent us a brand new pair. Caddis is big in the fly fishing world and has been around a while. Not sure when they got into the hunting side but they offer breathable ( which we buy ) and neoprene. Ladies and Youth sizes available also. Just another option.

I got her a pair of SHE neoprene's from Bass Pro over the weekend. We are headed back out to our Ranch on Thursday. So we will see how she likes them.

Re: Banded 2.0 waders..... [Re: Sinkey] #8105860 12/28/20 07:40 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Sinkey
I got a pair of SHE neoprene's from Bass Pro over the weekend. We are headed back out to our Ranch on Thursday. So we will see how I like them.

She huh. I had my suspicions.

Last edited by ducknbass; 12/28/20 07:41 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide