Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Christmas gathering shrinking #8100142 12/23/20 01:36 AM
603Country Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Oldest granddaughter and her boyfriend tested positive. Oldest grandson is getting tested, as is the Army Ranger and his wife. We are no longer sure how many folks we’ll have here for Christmas. Boy, are we gonna have extra food. And the wife must have made a hundred pounds of various candy. I’ll eat it if we don’t give it away.

I’ve been cruising along thinking everything is perfectly Ok. Maybe not.

Still making a beer run tomorrow. A man’s got to have beer...

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100143 12/23/20 01:38 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Hate the bad news.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100144 12/23/20 01:38 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Take whatever special company is made available and feel ever so fortunate. If a shrimp is missing from the shrimp cocktail, it is still good.

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100160 12/23/20 01:46 AM
T
tenyearsgone Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Not at my house. We’re actually having more than usual. There’s more to life than just being alive. It’s been almost a year of propaganda; time to move on.

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100161 12/23/20 01:46 AM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
1 here, nice hike and dinner out.

Big Beckett!!
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100164 12/23/20 01:47 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Why would they want a negative test result? That just doesn’t pay the bills for these [censored] clowns

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100169 12/23/20 01:49 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 603Country
Oldest granddaughter and her boyfriend tested positive. Oldest grandson is getting tested, as is the Army Ranger and his wife. We are no longer sure how many folks we’ll have here for Christmas. Boy, are we gonna have extra food. And the wife must have made a hundred pounds of various candy. I’ll eat it if we don’t give it away.

Very sorry to hear. Take care of the Mrs. I think they take it harder than we do. I know we're trying to keep each other cheered up over here. We get to go over to my bat-crap crazy sister-in-law's house, early on Christmas Eve. Yay! It'll probably be my father-in-law's last Christmas, to go along with all the other added tensions and drama this year. So, I will have to be on my best behavior. No comments about her food possibly killing us all. (It's come dam close several times.)

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100183 12/23/20 01:58 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I hear ya 603, its a farce till you get it. Many Christmas family get togethers are shrinking. God Bless, hope your Granddaughter and her boyfriend have mild cases. I know they will be missed, but it would be bad if you or the misses got it and croaked.

I just hope the ignorant don't kill someone they love or get killed themselves while wearing their sheepdog masks.

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100229 12/23/20 02:17 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
extra food? hmmmm... where ya live? grin

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100232 12/23/20 02:18 AM
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
The real worry is about the oldest granddaughter’s mom, our oldest daughter. She has a form of Lupus and some sort of other illness that causes meningia inflammation. The virus could maybe kill her.

My engineering brain tells me that most of this virus hysteria is BS, but I don’t want my thinking to endanger other people. Nobody that I know has had a bad case of the virus...yet, but a Sister in Law in Arkansas, who is extremely unhealthy, has just gotten the virus. We are keeping a close eye on her.

So, the brain says to not worry, but the heart says to worry.

If any of you guys happen to be in the area or passing close by, come on over. We can sit out on the screen porch and have an adult beverage and listen to old classic country on my new Bose speakers.

Last edited by 603Country; 12/23/20 02:23 AM.

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: Buzzsaw] #8100261 12/23/20 02:34 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I hear ya 603, its a farce till you get it. Many Christmas family get togethers are shrinking. God Bless, hope your Granddaughter and her boyfriend have mild cases. I know they will be missed, but it would be bad if you or the misses got it and croaked.

I just hope the ignorant don't kill someone they love or get killed themselves while wearing their sheepdog masks.

How was that wedding this summer again?????

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100291 12/23/20 02:53 AM
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Snake wrangler, the wedding was memorable for various reasons. Lots of alcohol consumed. Much dancing. Those Army Rangers must not get out much, because they were wild and crazy. One of their wives declared she was gonna have my name tattooed on her butt (I can be a fun guy), but I suspect that she didn’t. Delightful gal, and very pretty, and a fun drunk.

Of course, that’s the part I want to remember. There were some issues, since resolved. But I still detest the oldest SiL’s sister. Big ugly woman with way too much perfume. She kept trying to hug me. Thank goodness I still have some moves. I was using people for blockers like Gale Sayers used to. She had moved on me at a funeral some time before, and I evaded her then. Got no idea why she feels the need to give me a hug. Ain’t happening...

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100295 12/23/20 02:58 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
That’s awesome.....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100316 12/23/20 03:11 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
My oldest nephew tested positive. My brother-in-law was around him, so he and my sister are staying isolated...their daughter is staying in Chicago because the positivity rate is so high here they would have to quarantine for 14 days when they returned....

Christmas has been canceled, just like Thanksgiving was. I'll probably go to the lake house with my mom and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: LoneStarSon] #8100323 12/23/20 03:16 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
My oldest nephew tested positive. My brother-in-law was around him, so he and my sister are staying isolated...their daughter is staying in Chicago because the positivity rate is so high here they would have to quarantine for 14 days when they returned....

Christmas has been canceled, just like Thanksgiving was. I'll probably go to the lake house with my mom and enjoy the peace and quiet.

And they win.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: Bullfrog] #8100329 12/23/20 03:19 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

And they win.

My mother is 69, I have had 4 family members die from complications of Covid, and a family friend just died yesterday...that's 5 people this year. I really don't want to lose anybody else. You believe it's a hoax, or at the very least blown out of proportion. I've lost 5 people. We have had very different experiences the last 9 months. I will respect your right to voice your opinion, please respect the fact that I am tired of all of this.

Thanks.

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8100337 12/23/20 03:25 AM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Protect the wife and yourself. You don't want that krap.
The young folks seem to bounce back quickly.

And a man's got to have beer.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8101286 12/24/20 12:14 AM
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Oldest grandkids and their significant other are all positive. They won’t be here. Even worse, the GS and his Highland Park GF (and her mother) are some upset with the GS, blaming it on him, so he won’t be going there or here. Poor kid. We’ll still have the Ranger and his wife, the step-granddaughter. And both daughters and their husbands, and the youngest daughter’s kids, who aren’t much fun.

Well, there’s always the candy and booze. And I restocked on beer today, and Bloody Mary mix.

Any of you folks in the area or even in driving range are welcome to visit...seriously. And, since the oldest grandkids won’t be here, we even have extra beds, so you won’t have to drive home toasted. If anyone is alone and doesn’t want to be alone, this is the place.

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8101302 12/24/20 12:34 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Oldest grandkids and their significant other are all positive. They won’t be here. Even worse, the GS and his Highland Park GF (and her mother) are some upset with the GS, blaming it on him, so he won’t be going there or here. Poor kid. We’ll still have the Ranger and his wife, the step-granddaughter. And both daughters and their husbands, and the youngest daughter’s kids, who aren’t much fun.

Well, there’s always the candy and booze. And I restocked on beer today, and Bloody Mary mix.

Any of you folks in the area or even in driving range are welcome to visit...seriously. And, since the oldest grandkids won’t be here, we even have extra beds, so you won’t have to drive home toasted. If anyone is alone and doesn’t want to be alone, this is the place.

That's a great invite. Good on you.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8101376 12/24/20 01:34 AM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Right now we will have the whole immediate family in for a couple of days. My brother will have the same at their house but we will not be getting together as family units. He is 70 and his wife has diabetes (slight) and a little bit of kidney problems, I am chasing 65 down rapidly so we will plan it safe this year. That said it will be us, kids and grandkids, same for my brother. 603, hope and pray all of your family recover from covid and no one else gets sick.

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: Old Rabbit] #8101386 12/24/20 01:38 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Right now we will have the whole immediate family in for a couple of days. My brother will have the same at their house but we will not be getting together as family units. He is 70 and his wife has diabetes (slight) and a little bit of kidney problems, I am chasing 65 down rapidly so we will plan it safe this year. That said it will be us, kids and grandkids, same for my brother. 603, hope and pray all of your family recover from covid and no one else gets sick.

Rather be safe than sorry.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8101449 12/24/20 02:08 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Send a CFS to the GS so he doesn't go hungry... roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8101465 12/24/20 02:20 AM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We are having ours on Saturday. We've changed the time and date 2 times now so everyone can make it.

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8101528 12/24/20 03:10 AM
texasag93 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Send a CFS to the GS so he doesn't go hungry... roflmao

This is a great forum!

up

Re: Christmas gathering shrinking [Re: 603Country] #8101550 12/24/20 03:28 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
update

GF and me had it together, yesterday we both tested for antibodies and are positive

her kids tested negative today, SOM its on tomorrow night for tamales. clap

Christmas Day iill be Home Alone, in the afternoon

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide