S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
By the way, after watching the big 12 championship game ummm I mean the SEC championship game...... I'm pretty sure that Clemson in the favorite. What happen to the Defense? Am I right?

That was good coaching. They exposed every true freshman out there. Same thing Ole Miss did.

Trevor Lawrence will be able to throw for 900 yards on us.

Y'alls offense is top notch though.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8098229 12/21/20 08:58 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Part of the problem
Is the way defense is played these days. A good
Offense can really expose a lot of gaps in defense, but the inability of players to take shots at qbs and receivers has really made the advantage offense.

And all a qb has to do these days is duck and turn his head toward a sack and the defensive player can be ejected for targetting...its really a travesty to football.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8098240 12/21/20 09:03 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
By the way, after watching the big 12 championship game ummm I mean the SEC championship game...... I'm pretty sure that Clemson in the favorite. What happen to the Defense? Am I right?

That was good coaching. They exposed every true freshman out there. Same thing Ole Miss did.

Trevor Lawrence will be able to throw for 900 yards on us.

Y'alls offense is top notch though.

I didnt watch the SEC-Big12 championship Until the last couple minutes, but the td that smith caught to get to 52 was not even contested. It was almost as if the florida db just decided to take the play off. Would be one thing if smith made a great Move at the line or something, but he was one on one and did a little wiggle off the line, had 3-4 yard separation at the goal line, and the play started inside the 15. I was thinking either that dude is really tired or just flat didnt care. Really poor defensive show (for both teams) but none of the top teams has a great defense this year. Could be some high scoring games (minus ND, they gonna get crushed)

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8098246 12/21/20 09:07 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Glad we get to watch App St beat the hell out of 4-5 north Texas in the first bowl while Army sits at home.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Texas buckeye] #8098571 12/22/20 12:28 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Part of the problem
Is the way defense is played these days. A good
Offense can really expose a lot of gaps in defense, but the inability of players to take shots at qbs and receivers has really made the advantage offense.

And all a qb has to do these days is duck and turn his head toward a sack and the defensive player can be ejected for targetting...its really a travesty to football.

I'm not sure I agree. Look at Mahomes. He has not set the world afire since he left Texas Tech. Look it up. bolt

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8098666 12/22/20 01:51 AM
E
Esh and Hattie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
There are 2.5 teams capable of winning it all. The playoff does not need to be expanded. If ANYthing expand it to 6, include the 5 power 5 champs and 1 at large. Top 2 get a bye and 3v6 and 4v5.

Doesn’t matter what the system is, until we quit putting people in the playoff because it says Ohio St on the front of the jersey who cares. ND shouldn’t be in, I agree with others. You get your **** pushed in like that you’re out. aTm aren’t good enough plain and simple. Neither is Florida they proved that on the field. Most years Ohio St has the talent, this year they’ll be an afterthought. And I’m sorry, Indiana and Northwestern are not quality wins. Would you consider Iowa St a quality win? I wouldn’t either

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Esh and Hattie] #8098818 12/22/20 03:50 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Esh and Hattie
There are 2.5 teams capable of winning it all. The playoff does not need to be expanded. If ANYthing expand it to 6, include the 5 power 5 champs and 1 at large. Top 2 get a bye and 3v6 and 4v5.

Doesn’t matter what the system is, until we quit putting people in the playoff because it says Ohio St on the front of the jersey who cares. ND shouldn’t be in, I agree with others. You get your **** pushed in like that you’re out. aTm aren’t good enough plain and simple. Neither is Florida they proved that on the field. Most years Ohio St has the talent, this year they’ll be an afterthought. And I’m sorry, Indiana and Northwestern are not quality wins. Would you consider Iowa St a quality win? I wouldn’t either

Wait. You want the power 5 champs to be in but then have a problem with the big 10 champ being in?
It absolutely does need to be expanded.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: cbump] #8098821 12/22/20 03:53 AM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by cbump
Glad we get to watch App St beat the hell out of 4-5 north Texas in the first bowl while Army sits at home.

No longer Tennessee had to drop out due to Covid so Army plays WVU.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8098822 12/22/20 03:53 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Army in the liberty bowl.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8098836 12/22/20 04:04 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
They applied the BCS computer algorithm to this years teams. The top 5 were still the same.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099207 12/22/20 03:05 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
They applied the BCS computer algorithm to this years teams. The top 5 were still the same.

They applied it to next year as well. The teams stayed the same. roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099227 12/22/20 03:14 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The proof is in the pudding.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: cbump] #8099232 12/22/20 03:16 PM
E
Esh and Hattie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Originally Posted by cbump
Originally Posted by Esh and Hattie

Wait. You want the power 5 champs to be in but then have a problem with the big 10 champ being in?
It absolutely does need to be expanded.

Ohio state is in this year because it says Ohio state on their jersey.

If you want say power 5 champs are in, fine, at least that’s objective.

BUT there is no reason to expand the playoff to include more teams that can’t win it. If #1 is a 3 TD favorite over number 4............ there is 0 need to include anybody else

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099285 12/22/20 03:51 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I did like it better before BCS

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099306 12/22/20 04:06 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Errybody griping about the “name” getting teams in and not being a “name” keeping teams out.

That’s the way it’s always been. If it’s close, the “name” team will get in. That’s the way it always will be. What’s often left out of that is the fact that the “name” teams earned their “names” only after winning/playing for national championships. You win or play for the Big One enough times over your history - you become a “name” team. My point is simple: having a “name” is not just random or bestowed, it’s earned.

It’s the same way for life in general. And that doesn’t necessarily mean an old “name”. Clemson has kicked so much backside over the past decade they are now a “name” team. Which Dabo will be squealing about at the top of his lungs in a future year when they are on the bubble. smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099329 12/22/20 04:24 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Baylor earned a name that I didn't like.

[Linked Image]

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8099464 12/22/20 05:46 PM
E
Esh and Hattie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Errybody griping about the “name” getting teams in and not being a “name” keeping teams out.

That’s the way it’s always been. If it’s close, the “name” team will get in. That’s the way it always will be. What’s often left out of that is the fact that the “name” teams earned their “names” only after winning/playing for national championships. You win or play for the Big One enough times over your history - you become a “name” team. My point is simple: having a “name” is not just random or bestowed, it’s earned.

It’s the same way for life in general. And that doesn’t necessarily mean an old “name”. Clemson has kicked so much backside over the past decade they are now a “name” team. Which Dabo will be squealing about at the top of his lungs in a future year when they are on the bubble. smile

100%. Can’t really argue based on the last 5 years that Bama Clemson and Ohio St don’t deserve to be there. It just feels slimy when we move the goalpost every year to make sure we end up with what everyone wants in the end. Hell they even use different standards within the 4 teams every year. This year is no different. Bama and Clemson are no brainers, but Ohio St and Notre dame are in for different reasons. Notre Dame they’re claiming had a good “resume” and Ohio state is in because they won the big 10. I would rather have a system like I said before. Put the power 5 champs in and pick 1 at large. That way we can still get in the didn’t even win your own division SEC team.

Other than that, it’s a earn your way in system. If all the SEC people bitch about having too many good teams left out, well, tough [censored], win your conference. We’d end up with most of what we’ve had the last few years, but there wouldn’t be near as much to argue about. This year we’d just argue in aTm or Cincy gets the 6 spot.

But, as we’ve seen, as long as the top 2-3 teams make it in on any given year that all that matters. Teams 3-6,8,12 however many aren’t winning this thing. Right now it’s Bama and Clemson, maybe in a decade it’ll be 2 new teams but at this point it’s those 2 and however many other charity teams your want to include.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099490 12/22/20 06:08 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Might want to look at the odds of the number 4 spot winning it all again...when i looked prior to last year, it was the number 3 slot that had the worst record. 1,2, and 4 had pretty decent odds of winning the playoff, and number 1 and 4 being almost even for the championship.
I can do that math again based on last year.

To date:
no. 1 ranking has a 5/6 win record in playoff and only won the championship
Once!

No.2 ranking has 3/6 playoff record and won the championship all 3 times

No.3 rank has a 2/6 playoff record and has won the championship 0 times

No. 4 rank has 2/6 playoff record but has won championship both those times.

So it seems the teams are somewhat evenly matched across the board but we have to remember while number 1 record getting the champ is good, they suck at finishing. Number 2 and 4 seem to he the most likely to win it all once there, but the other thing to remember in almost all of the years there were teams on the outside looking in, so i don’t think we are neccessarily getting the best teams in the playoff with just 4 teams. Just my thoughts

Overall, if inwas a betting man i would het against 3 nearly all the time (not good odds for OSU this year) and look at who had the hotter team at the end of the season between 2 and 4, and bet on them...clemson this year.

Fortuantely i am not a betting man clap

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 12/22/20 06:13 PM.
Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099498 12/22/20 06:13 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I think it’s a no-brainer to add one more layer to the playoffs and put the Top 8 in. Simple and pretty much solves everything. I mean, yeah, some will always whine about not getting in but no bubble team would have a legitimate case that they could win it all being down at 7-10 spot.

A&M should at the very least have a shot at it this year, just like lots of teams in past years should have. Baylor and TCU come to mind.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8099501 12/22/20 06:14 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
I think it’s a no-brainer to add one more layer to the playoffs and put the Top 8 in. Simple and pretty much solves everything. I mean, yeah, some will always whine about not getting in but no bubble team would have a legitimate case that they could win it all being down at 7-10 spot.

A&M should at the very least have a shot at it this year, just like lots of teams in past years should have. Baylor and TCU come to mind.

Completely agree. I feel lots of teams with a legit shot have been left out. But we will
Never know until they get in the system.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099506 12/22/20 06:16 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
A& M would have had a shot at it if they simply would have taken care of business.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Hudbone] #8099519 12/22/20 06:26 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Hudbone
A& M would have had a shot at it if they simply would have taken care of business.

That’s true, but I don’t think it’s fair to say a team has to win out to deserve a shot. In fact, CFP history says just the opposite.

(And as a UT alum, two posts defending A&M is my limit. grin )

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Hudbone] #8099522 12/22/20 06:29 PM
T
txhunter1010 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Taken care of business?! WE have one loss to the #1 team and a crappy game to start off the year with a win but other than that we won 8 straight games!! Hell Ohio state only played 6 total games and they got in.. that makes NO SENSE... but like someone said their jersey says Ohio State... You even have other coaches saying that A&M got screwed... you have a team that racks up 500 yards, holds a team to 200 yards or less in a game, or hold a team to 23 rushing yards in a half and always have a huge total time of possession.. seems to me they took care of business pretty dang good on any season covid or not.......They play Alabama right now and i guarantee you its a different game from the first of the year.

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099568 12/22/20 07:01 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Let’s look at the 8 team scenario. Do you go straight top 8 or conference champ plus 3.

Straight top 8
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio s
4. Nd
5. Texas A&M
6. OU
7. Florida
8. Cincinnati.

Left out. Coastal Carolina. Indiana. Georgia. Still complaints.

Conf champs and 3 at large.
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. OU
4. Oregon
5. Ohio state
6. ND
7. Texas A&M
8. Cincinnati.

Left out. Florida. Georgia. Coastal C. Indiana

Re: College Playoff Talk. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8099573 12/22/20 07:04 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Complaints for being left out of playoff? Yes.
Legit complaints that they are a NC contender? No.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide