Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
So technically... #8064274 11/25/20 06:02 PM
DeRico Offline OP
Mobius 1
OP Offline
Mobius 1
Since you’re paying the $200 tax stamp on a machine gun, you don’t have to pay another $200 for it being an “SBR” machine gun...

With that being said...

If one were to pay the $200 tax stamp on an AR15, it can be whatever size you register it as?

[Linked Image]
Re: So technically... [Re: DeRico] #8064298 11/25/20 06:30 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by DeRico
Since you’re paying the $200 tax stamp on a machine gun, you don’t have to pay another $200 for it being an “SBR” machine gun...

With that being said...

If one were to pay the $200 tax stamp on an AR15, it can be whatever size you register it as?

I don't plan on finding out the answer to that question.

Re: So technically... [Re: DeRico] #8064410 11/25/20 08:10 PM
S
SingleShot85 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

With that being said...

to cover all your bases, you would register it w/ the shortest barrel possible, say a 7.5", as the paper work requires you to put the length on the form...... then the gun can be configured any length longer

Re: So technically... [Re: DeRico] #8065367 11/26/20 03:27 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
President Trumps eventual victory will make this a moot point.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: So technically... [Re: DeRico] #8071346 12/01/20 02:05 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Under the law machine guns, sbr's, and sbs's are not considered firearms. They are legally NFA weapons. An sbr is simply a type of NFA weapon and by registering something as an SBR you are putting it into the NFA weapon category and removing it from the firearm category. Machine guns are already NFA weapons and can have any barrel length that you feel like putting on them.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: So technically... [Re: DeRico] #8071384 12/01/20 02:26 PM
D
diablodog Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
It does not really matter as the only purpose of the registration is to have a list of guns to confiscate .

Re: So technically... [Re: diablodog] #8071719 12/01/20 06:08 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by diablodog
It does not really matter as the only purpose of the registration is to have a list of guns to confiscate .

If that's true they sure are taking their sweet time about going around and doing it. The purpose of the NFA was to use congress's taxation Authority to prevent people from buying NFA weapons in the first place by making them very expensive. That $200 transfer tax is about $5,800 in today's dollars. The really funny thing is that you can find the transcripts of the Congressional testimony when they were passing the National Firearms Act and if you read what was said it is pretty eye-opening. It exposes the lefts revisionist history lie that the Second Amendment has nothing to do with individual rights and instead conveys power to the government by giving the government the right to keep and bear arms.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: So technically... [Re: DeRico] #8072450 12/02/20 02:37 AM
Uncle Zeek Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog

With that being said...

Hypothetically, if Biden's threat were to come true, and all AR type rifles were recategorized as NFA firearms, then ... you know what? I need to pour myself a scotch. The thought of his figurehead Presidency (which will end as soon as Harris decides to get rid of him) nauseates me.

I don't know the answer, because it would depend on what the new hypothetical ATF rules would be from the hypocrite-in-chief.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries - but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate, probate & taxes
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 work
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: So technically... [Re: blkt2] #8072540 12/02/20 04:21 AM
D
diablodog Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by blkt2

If that's true they sure are taking their sweet time about going around and doing it. The purpose of the NFA was to use congress's taxation Authority to prevent people from buying NFA weapons in the first place by making them very expensive. That $200 transfer tax is about $5,800 in today's dollars. The really funny thing is that you can find the transcripts of the Congressional testimony when they were passing the National Firearms Act and if you read what was said it is pretty eye-opening. It exposes the lefts revisionist history lie that the Second Amendment has nothing to do with individual rights and instead conveys power to the government by giving the government the right to keep and bear arms.

I was not talking about the old NFA , just about what they are going to use it for now . A $200.00 tax will mean little on a AR-15 .

Re: So technically... [Re: diablodog] #8073959 12/03/20 04:36 AM
E
Earl Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
E
Yeah well if you read that asinine idiots wish list platform he wants to tax EACH magazine over 10 rounds as an NFA item ($200 ea) also...I don't know about you but that's over $100k in Taxes for me - JUST FOR MAGAZINES (before the boating accident, all them magazines sank the damn boat)...F that...

I was not talking about the old NFA , just about what they are going to use it for now . A $200.00 tax will mean little on a AR-15 .

Last edited by Earl; 12/03/20 04:37 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: So technically... [Re: Earl] #8074489 12/03/20 05:33 PM
GNTX Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
Originally Posted by Earl
Yeah well if you read that asinine idiots wish list platform he wants to tax EACH magazine over 10 rounds as an NFA item ($200 ea) also...I don't know about you but that's over $100k in Taxes for me - JUST FOR MAGAZINES (before the boating accident, all them magazines sank the damn boat)...F that...

We all need to coordinate which lake we are going to have our accident on so it doesn’t get too crowded. grin

Seriously though, let us hope that Georgia goes the right direction and we keep the Senate with a Republican majority to stymie most of that idiot’s gun control ideas.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide