Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: Dave Davidson] #8062506 11/24/20 02:25 PM
H
HogNut Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Is this guy self appointed or was there any discussion about it?

self appointed because he "found" the place (ex. he called a broker).

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: HogNut] #8062524 11/24/20 02:35 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
What you ought to do is stir up more drama, get the guys all together and have a vote or start an uprising.

What does it matter?

Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8062694 11/24/20 04:08 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Originally Posted by 603Country
Live with it for the season. I left a lease one year due to the self appointed idiot that ‘ran’ it.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

Shoot your allotted deer this year and get the hell off.

Lease rules should be in writing and crystal clear. If they are not, this is what you get!

I do NOT like community stands one bit unless all feed throughout the year is 'community purchased'.
Unless all feed is bought as a group and dispensed you will always have those that spend much more and feed much more than others yet those that don't spend that extra money always gravitate to the other stands of other hunters who've spent the money and fed more because they've typically drawn more and better deer in!

Iluv, I would of assumed that a community stands lease also shares the feed costs within the community. On ours, once the equipment is set up everything is shared. We equally share the feed costs as well as paying a member to fill them. They are all filled at the same time and set to throw the same amounts at the same times. All batteries and repairs etc are shared. Hardly any of our members probably even knows who actually owns the equipment,

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: HogNut] #8062771 11/24/20 05:08 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
We have 10-12 individual feeder locations and I'd be willing to bet maybe 4-5 of those spots have working/functional equipment currently. My Ranch King blind is sealed up and locked with all my needed items inside and my feeders are still half full and fully charged.

I'm very picky about my stuff working correctly and could not stand a community setup 2cents

Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: freerange] #8062980 11/24/20 07:41 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by freerange
Live with it for the season. I left a lease one year due to the self appointed idiot that ‘ran’ it.

Lease rules should be in writing and crystal clear. If they are not, this is what you get!

I do NOT like community stands one bit unless all feed throughout the year is 'community purchased'.
Unless all feed is bought as a group and dispensed you will always have those that spend much more and feed much more than others yet those that don't spend that extra money always gravitate to the other stands of other hunters who've spent the money and fed more because they've typically drawn more and better deer in!

Iluv, I would of assumed that a community stands lease also shares the feed costs within the community. On ours, once the equipment is set up everything is shared. We equally share the feed costs as well as paying a member to fill them. They are all filled at the same time and set to throw the same amounts at the same times. All batteries and repairs etc are shared. Hardly any of our members probably even knows who actually owns the equipment,

When run the way you describe above it should work great I would think for the most part.
The problem is I've been on a couple leases where I set up a couple nice stands with a couple feeders at each stand while others set up pop-ups, tripods, or a few boards nailed together for a stand and started feeding 100 lbs of corn a month in September where I fed heavily the entire year. Then, guess which stands were always chosen first when the draw for stands happened when multiple lease members were there?!! lmao

Well, guess what happened...…
Two guys picked my two stands so my son went to one of theirs and I went to another.
a 146" 9 point walked out in front of me and I put a 165 grains through his ribs and he made his way to my wall! rifle roflmao
This was a 6400 acre LF ranch about 20 miles south of Sonora 10 years ago!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8063158 11/24/20 10:46 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

When run the way you describe above it should work great I would think for the most part.
The problem is I've been on a couple leases where I set up a couple nice stands with a couple feeders at each stand while others set up pop-ups, tripods, or a few boards nailed together for a stand and started feeding 100 lbs of corn a month in September where I fed heavily the entire year. Then, guess which stands were always chosen first when the draw for stands happened when multiple lease members were there?!! lmao

Two guys picked my two stands so my son went to one of theirs and I went to another.
a 146" 9 point walked out in front of me and I put a 165 grains through his ribs and he made his way to my wall! rifle roflmao

To my earlier point made, the deer will go wherever the desire.

Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: HogNut] #8063160 11/24/20 10:47 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
And you proved that point 10 years ago near Sonora well.

Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8063174 11/24/20 10:58 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I hope you made sure they saw the buck, for as long as possible without letting the meat spoil. 'Can't stand losers like that.

I've been on 2 leases where I had my stand locked. One, a close friend invited me to be on. On both the problem was white trash.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: HogNut] #8063237 11/24/20 11:51 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
some of you crack me up - the guys who do not want any lease rules are the ones who have to lock their blinds ???

Is there a correlation here?

You can't fix stupid
Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: HogNut] #8063256 11/24/20 11:58 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Yeah. Indubitably. That's why I bought my own place. My rules.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: Creekrunner] #8063279 11/25/20 12:10 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I hear you - I also owned my own ranch and loved it but I also love hunting with others to share the experience - that is why I decided to get a first class lease and do my best to run it the right way - 13 years later it is an experience I would never give up -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: tlk] #8063919 11/25/20 01:52 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by tlk
some of you crack me up - the guys who do not want any lease rules are the ones who have to lock their blinds ???

I am one who wants lease rules and definitely doesn't want to have to lock any blinds unless it is to keep illegals from camping out overnight in them down south or out west!

I just feel the better defined the lease rules are the better they are understood and followed by all.

I think the way freerange does it with his group is the best way when it comes to the feeding program and everyone needs to understand up front that they will be paying their share of that bill each month or quarterly.
It just seems to me when your lease is one that everyone is supposed to take care of their own spot individually it ends up where one or two guys do a great job and the others get by with as little as they can and then 'leach' off the few that go 'all in'!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: tlk] #8063923 11/25/20 01:55 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I hear you - I also owned my own ranch and loved it but I also love hunting with others to share the experience - that is why I decided to get a first class lease and do my best to run it the right way - 13 years later it is an experience I would never give up -

up up up

Agree brother

Sharing the experiences with a good group of other fellas is what makes it so fun IMO.

Finding a good group when you have 10 or more is the trick!

I've always said if you want to find out who is truly a good guy and who is an azzwipe, just go hunting with them a day or two because the best comes out of the good guys and the worst comes out of the pendejos!

lol

Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8063969 11/25/20 02:27 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by tlk

I am one who wants lease rules and definitely doesn't want to have to lock any blinds unless it is to keep illegals from camping out overnight in them down south or out west!

I just feel the better defined the lease rules are the better they are understood and followed by all.

I think the way freerange does it with his group is the best way when it comes to the feeding program and everyone needs to understand up front that they will be paying their share of that bill each month or quarterly.
It just seems to me when your lease is one that everyone is supposed to take care of their own spot individually it ends up where one or two guys do a great job and the others get by with as little as they can and then 'leach' off the few that go 'all in'!

This is the way I see it more often than not and the reason I keep my blind locked. The other responsible members that pull their own weight knows they have my permission to hunt my spot and exactly where my key is hidden.

Re: Deer Lease Dispute [Re: HogNut] #8064655 11/25/20 11:21 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
we are in a fairly unusual situation - our ranch owner takes care of ordering all the feed, storing all the feed, and the filling of all feeders (corn, protein, and cottonseed) - they also provide all of the stands and maintain them- they keep the roads in good shape and shred the senderos. We simply pay for the feed.

So we have zero reason not to have community stands - first come first serve - this way each of our hunters can hunt anywhere on 9000 acres that they want to. Each stand and area is as well fed and maintained as any other stand or area -

You can't fix stupid
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide