Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Strange thing found or happened #8020503 10/23/20 06:53 AM
7mmSavage Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
There used to be a thread like this that was pretty long. I couldn’t find it so I’m starting a new one. The strangest thing I can think of at the moment was one time a buddy and me were hunting some public land for deer. It was rifle season so at this place shotguns or muzzleloaders. We got to a spot in the afternoon that looked good. Lots of tracks and at the time no one else around. We picked our spots and about 30 later I start hearing some people coming near me talking kinda loud. I couldn’t pick up every word they were saying but it sounded like the younger guy was telling an older man how this was such a perfect spot. He said no one was ever around and he was having no problems out there. When I finally got a look at them they were just in pretty normal clothes definitely not hunting. Then I notice one of them was carrying an army surplus fold up shovel. Seemed a little sketchy so I got up to head owner to my buddy and tell him somethings going on. When I got up they saw me and started whispering to each other and headed off in the direction they are from. I told my buddy and we went back to our vehicle and drove the road around the property and never saw them. I’ve always wondered if they were digging something up or burying something.

Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8020691 10/23/20 01:03 PM
C
Cass Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C

Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8025478 10/27/20 01:45 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Here is another thread. Some of the posters in it are...well, you can decide for yourself.

THF thread

Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8027240 10/28/20 12:54 PM
U
upsslim Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
I was riding around Cooper WMA about 5 one afternoon when I saw two young (20's) men standing by a pickup. I stopped to see if they needed help. They said they were in a brush blind and a guy walked by them carrying a shovel and no bow. He didn't see them and as soon as he was out of site they left. Those boys were scared. I told them they did the right thing. Found out later their dad called the GW. Never heard anything else.

East Texas
Patriot Guard Rider
Flag Captain
Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8027248 10/28/20 01:06 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
When my brother and I were kids we were exploring and came up on an old farm house. From where we stood we saw something hanging from a tree. It gave me chills because it looked like a baby. As we got closer we could see the house was abandoned and it was a teddy bear hanging by its neck. Who ever left that place left in a hurry plates were still on the table and the furniture was still there. Newspapers dated 1968 were still on the counter and the calendar still on the wall.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: hook_n_line] #8027249 10/28/20 01:07 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
When my brother and I were kids we were exploring and came up on an old farm house. From where we stood we saw something hanging from a tree. It gave me chills because it looked like a baby. As we got closer we could see the house was abandoned and it was a teddy bear hanging by its neck. Who ever left that place left in a hurry plates were still on the table and the furniture was still there. Newspapers dated 1968 were still on the counter and the calendar still on the wall.

Scary

Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: Biscuit] #8027266 10/28/20 01:17 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Biscuit

Scary

Scary

No offence, but walking by a Teddy bear hanging by it's neck and into an old abandoned house, reminds me of that commercial where they hide behind the chain saws to get away. Not To Smart.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: Mr. T.] #8027277 10/28/20 01:22 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Mr. T.

Scary

Scary

No offence, but walking by a Teddy bear hanging by it's neck and into an old abandoned house, reminds me of that commercial where they hide behind the chain saws to get away. Not To Smart.

Can't be old and wise if you weren't young and crazy, rofl

Last edited by hook_n_line; 10/28/20 01:22 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8027354 10/28/20 01:54 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Not spooky scary, but concerning - for several years I was hunting on a large ranch in Oklahoma that was a number of sections, all close, but not all contiguous, so for some of the hunting we would have to drive out on county roads for a mile or so to get to the hunting areas. I've posted about this before - one morning I walked up on a couple of guys cooking meth out of the back of their car. Slowly back out and called it in, but by the time the SO arrived, they were gone leaving nothing but empty beer cans and syringes.

Another day, the teenage son of a fellow hunter was hunting one of the remote pastures, and when he got to the gate on his 4 wheeler, there was a super high dude stuck in the ditch just outside the gate. He came back and found his dad who called SO. They got this guy and took him to lockup.

I've had a few unexplained "spooky" encounters, but none compare to the 2 legged kind that can be encountered in the woods.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8027482 10/28/20 02:58 PM
A
Archer Anthony Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Dont click on that other thread. Its a deep dark tunnel you don't want to go down. That german shepard story is crazy. roflmao

Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8028771 10/29/20 01:06 PM
S
Schpanky Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I love these stories.....

Here's a deeper, darker tunnel....I've spent many hours on this one.....

Survivalist Forum - Creepy Stories From the Outdoors

Last edited by Schpanky; 10/29/20 01:07 PM.
Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8028839 10/29/20 01:43 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
http://www.texasescapes.com/Ghosts/The-McDow-Hole.htm

With the opening of gun season just around the corner, it reminds me of the ritual of camping on opening weekend and all that goes with it. My son reminded me about this the other day because he was camping with us on this particular opening weekend.

I leased a place to hunt in 1991 that was in the Stephenville/Dublin area. We only kept it for 1 season and moved on. Lots turkeys but few deer. We spent a couple of weekends camped close to the lease gate which was also about 100 yards from a creek that ran thru the place and had a deep pool that was spring fed. I had to cross the creek in the dark to get to my spot. No one killed a deer that year so we took our stuff after the season and forgot about the place. A few years later I was reading a story in the paper about the McDow Hole, where Indians had murdered a family in 1855 and it had a picture of the bridge and creek where people say they see things from time to time and kids still go there to get scared. I grew up in this area (Stephenville and Dublin) and had always heard the scary McDow Hole story but never went to the spot and never knew where it actually was. It hit me right then ...... We had hunted the scary spot and actually spent the night there 4 or 5 times. We never heard or saw anything and may be the only people to have spent the night at McDows Hole. I wish I had a scary tale to tell about our nights spent camping at the scary spot, but I do not. My only memories are spending good times with my son and 2 good friends.

Last edited by TPACK; 10/29/20 02:33 PM.
Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8034335 11/02/20 07:17 PM
T
TakeMeLord Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Well.... My Aunt Dorothy got killed in a car wreck in 1983. Head on collision. Twenty years later, my father tells me that my aunt "appeared" one day. She told my father to stop what he was doing and take $20 to grandma. My aunt (deceased aunt) said "grandma will pay you back later." Then she disappeared.

My father stopped what he was doing, got in the car, and drove to grandma's house. He only had $20.

When he got to grandma's house, he knocked on the door. Grandma answered. Before he could say anything, grandma says to him: "I am so glad you are here! I need $20 and I will pay you back later.!" He gave her the $20 and got back in his car.

Years later, my father died. As I sat around with my father's surviving brothers and sisters, I told them about the incident. I began by saying, "This will sound crazy, but Aunt Dorothy appeared to my father, several years after she had been killed..."

That's all I got our before each one of them said "Yes. She has appeared to me too..."

Each one of them had seen her after her death.

Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: 7mmSavage] #8034489 11/02/20 08:51 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
If I had been your Dad, I would have had a hard time driving home.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: TakeMeLord] #8034768 11/03/20 12:07 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TakeMeLord
Well.... My Aunt Dorothy got killed in a car wreck in 1983. Head on collision. Twenty years later, my father tells me that my aunt "appeared" one day. She told my father to stop what he was doing and take $20 to grandma. My aunt (deceased aunt) said "grandma will pay you back later." Then she disappeared.

My father stopped what he was doing, got in the car, and drove to grandma's house. He only had $20.

When he got to grandma's house, he knocked on the door. Grandma answered. Before he could say anything, grandma says to him: "I am so glad you are here! I need $20 and I will pay you back later.!" He gave her the $20 and got back in his car.

Years later, my father died. As I sat around with my father's surviving brothers and sisters, I told them about the incident. I began by saying, "This will sound crazy, but Aunt Dorothy appeared to my father, several years after she had been killed..."

That's all I got our before each one of them said "Yes. She has appeared to me too..."

Did she hit them up for $20 as well?

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Strange thing found or happened [Re: txtrophy85] #8035810 11/03/20 06:56 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by TakeMeLord

Did she hit them up for $20 as well?

roflmao

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide