Forums46
Topics537,957
Posts9,731,106
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8016694 10/20/20 01:52 PM
68A Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
A pack of dogs didn’t kill it, maybe gnawed on it after the fact. There’s some strange people out there. Had a honey hole fishing spot years ago that would get loaded up with sandbass in March/April. There was two ways to access it, neither could be done by a vehicle and it was about a 1.5 mile walk either way you went. On occasion we’d go down and camp next to the creek since my buddy lived just down the road from the private land access point and had permission to walk across the old mans property. He had a few goats and cows in the bottom pasture. My buddy decided to camp one evening and didn’t start the walk until a little after dark. He got within 100 yds of the creek and could see a fire going but didn’t think much of it. As he got closer he could hear people chanting something. He stayed in the treeline about 50 yds away and watched them for a minute or two. They had wrangled up a goat and were performing some kinda ritual. He wouldn’t go back there after that, didn’t matter how good the fishing was.

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8017757 10/21/20 11:46 AM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I have seen way too many animals killed by coyotes, bobcats and dogs. None of them killed that ewe. There are no bite marks on any of the body that I can see from the picture. The head and neck are taken next to the body which would be the hardest place to remove. A human, using the term loosely is the only species that would do it like that.

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8017988 10/21/20 03:16 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by stillhntr
Gents, thanks for all the input ....this board is a wealth of knowledge. And that monty python clip was a blast!

Comes down to This. Seems there is a pack of wild dogs that have entered the area according to local LEOs.
Time to bait.

stillhntr didn't the GW confirm it was [censored] sapiens related? I won't use the word human.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: decook] #8018042 10/21/20 03:59 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by decook
Gents, thanks for all the input ....this board is a wealth of knowledge. And that monty python clip was a blast!

Comes down to This. Seems there is a pack of wild dogs that have entered the area according to local LEOs.
Time to bait.

stillhntr didn't the GW confirm it was [censored] sapiens related? I won't use the word human.

Yeah, there may be a pack of wild dogs in the area, but I think I would still keep a watch for the 2 legged dogs.

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8018064 10/21/20 04:20 PM
T
TSU99 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Been losing corsican sheep, mostly young. They just vanish without a trace. found this female totaly decapitated in the field this morning.
Never seen any thing like it. Big cat maybe ?

[Linked Image]

Dude, somebody is poaching your land.

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: unclebubba] #8018243 10/21/20 07:04 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by decook

Time to bait.

Yeah, there may be a pack of wild dogs in the area, but I think I would still keep a watch for the 2 legged dogs.

Had wild dogs constantly roaming were lived...
Never seen any animal with just head missing & No mark's on rest of body...
GW & several others on this thread have given most logical answer...
Animals Do Not take just head & leave rest of body...
Mtn lion, their have been some kind of mark on hind quarters...
U stated no mark's on other part of body...
Pack of wild dogs, their would have been body parts eaten...
confused2 tis your thread, your livestock, just going off what read.
bang then i did get D- in grammer, but i would put my $$$ on what GW suggested, human...
Eather way, Best wish's in finding culprit
flag

Last edited by colt.45; 10/21/20 07:04 PM.

i'm postaddic
Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8018471 10/21/20 09:55 PM
S
stillhntr Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Sorry for late reply but have been up nights with thermals as have my neighbor, cameras are also up at any possible crossing onto property.

I should clarify on the GW opinions. First on had about 5 years or so of duty that said 2 legged varmint, the second has probably 30+ years in this county and is of the opinion it is the dogs . Neighbor thinks its a young lion. For myself I lean toward foul play but time will tell on that one.

Hunt Outside Of The Box

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8018480 10/21/20 10:08 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Lion or poachers are the only culprits! I lean towards poachers!

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8018610 10/21/20 11:50 PM
N
notamtchance Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
N
Human

If I'm not hunting something I must be dead.
Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8018960 10/22/20 05:24 AM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Sorry for late reply but have been up nights with thermals as have my neighbor, cameras are also up at any possible crossing onto property.

I should clarify on the GW opinions. First on had about 5 years or so of duty that said 2 legged varmint, the second has probably 30+ years in this county and is of the opinion it is the dogs . Neighbor thinks its a young lion. For myself I lean toward foul play but time will tell on that one.

What is interesting is the lack of information on dogs and lions (young or old) taking the heads and leaving the bodies.

Dogs usually cause multiple wounds around the body, particularly on the hind end, which is not present as you noted.

Two legged predator still seems like a very viable choice.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8018962 10/22/20 05:29 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy

What is interesting is the lack of information on dogs and lions (young or old) taking the heads and leaving the bodies.

Dogs usually cause multiple wounds around the body, particularly on the hind end, which is not present as you noted.

Two legged predator still seems like a very viable choice.

https://mountainlion.org/featurearticleguestphiljohnstonforensics.php

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8019144 10/22/20 01:19 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U

IMO, you are in the right frame of mind. I'll be curious to find out what it is when you catch it. I'm leaning towards foul play as well...

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: stillhntr] #8019190 10/22/20 01:44 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
What killed it is obvious, and if you still believe it walked on four legs and not two you are in denial!
The two legged kind is easier to catch, but it is also the most dangerous because it has a warped brain.
I would be on the lookout and tell the law enforcement in your area to keep and eye out also, unless they want to have to respond to a shooting.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: Jimbo] #8020105 10/23/20 12:30 AM
S
stillhntr Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Jimbo
What killed it is obvious, and if you still believe it walked on four legs and not two you are in denial!
The two legged kind is easier to catch, but it is also the most dangerous because it has a warped brain.
I would be on the lookout and tell the law enforcement in your area to keep and eye out also, unless they want to have to respond to a shooting.

Im not in Denial, everyone else around here is though.... the ultimate hunt

Hunt Outside Of The Box

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: Sniper John] #8021741 10/24/20 02:27 AM
D
DonPablo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Sniper John
I suggest putting up time lapse cameras like plotwatchers on the likely areas so they don't have to be triggered, can be high enough or far enough away that they won't be noticed, and can cover a wider area. I am in the process of doing that myself right now to try and catch on camera someone dumping dead hogs near a gate to my hunting lease. And consider opening the property up to an experienced trapper.

I have a brand-new plot watcher I never opened I'll sell you for $25 if you want it.

Re: What killed this ? Warning Graphic [Re: Sneaky] #8022068 10/24/20 03:52 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Aliens do this all the time, all over the world. This is clearly their work. Do some research on it. You’ll see.

easy to spot, their in black helicopters

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide