Forums46
Topics536,994
Posts9,719,228
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #8008443 10/13/20 06:07 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Binary
Originally Posted by fonzie
So how do you get these cubed points? Me and a buddy put in for some and didn’t see anything about cubed points
[Linked Image]

Yeah, the cubed value isn't going to show up anywhere, it's just what they do to your loyalty points for the draw. So your group loyalty points is 5, cubed is 125 - you got 125 entries for Cap. Of course, someone with 25 LPs got 15,625 entries...so your little 5 is pretty insignificant compared to other people.

But don't be discouraged by Binary, only someone in the drawing is going to draw it!!

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8008497 10/13/20 06:48 PM
D
DeleteThisAccount Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

But don't be discouraged by Binary, only someone in the drawing is going to draw it!!

up

Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: Cajun Raider] #8013473 10/17/20 02:58 PM
12shotgun Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
With the cubing, wouldn’t it just let people with the most points finally get drawn, and over time odds will even out for everyone? It may take a few years but by logic I think it would. I haven’t been drawn the last two years and have applied to 25+ hunts each time. I hope that my odds will now be better than those who were drawn this year.

Eduardo
Outdoor enthusiast
Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: 12shotgun] #8013878 10/17/20 10:32 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
Originally Posted by 12shotgun
With the cubing, wouldn’t it just let people with the most points finally get drawn, and over time odds will even out for everyone? It may take a few years but by logic I think it would. I haven’t been drawn the last two years and have applied to 25+ hunts each time. I hope that my odds will now be better than those who were drawn this year.

There are many different ways to look at it. Someone like me who had 27 points in GDE, I was only putting in for the powderhorn and or the chap at this point. I was not going to waste 27 years of applying on a lesser hunt. But now that I have drawn in that category, next year I will apply for at least 10 of the GDE hunts. This will work the same for other categories I have double digit points in. I do think it will cause some people who would skip some years to apply will now be more loyal to applying every year no matter what due to the compounding potential that comes from cubing points and to not fall behind with points creep. I do feel sorry for the guys that this first year did not see the single line that indicated the cubed points change and lost 20 something points now cubed to 10,000 plus points applying for some low kill success now easy to draw odds hunt. There were times after 20 something years of applying and not drawing that I considered going for the lesser hunts because even with 27 points I fully expected to die before drawing in GDE due to the low odds to draw hunts I was limiting myself to.

It would be real interesting if we could get the true draw odds before the change and after. Before when the odds showed x number of people applied for x number of spots, it did not include the true odds as hunts like the chap would have had many high point applicants. They should have been providing number of hunters vs number of loyalty point entries to give the real odds to judge future applications on. And now cubed points for x number of hunt spots will be enormous, yet I suspect next years odds will still only give number of applicants to spots again.

Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: 12shotgun] #8015992 10/19/20 08:22 PM
T
Thisisbeer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 12shotgun

My only real concern is point creep. If there are 10 permits for a hunt and 100 people with 20+ points, 100 people with 15+ points, 100 people with 10+ points, then the other 1000 with less than 10 they won’t be able to fill all the available permits every year with the top point guys. It will just slowly start requiring more points to make a snowballs chance of getting picked.

Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #8016087 10/19/20 09:37 PM
B
bossbowman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by NDN98

Then good luck with your lawsuit against TPWD. Even before this year, one person's $3 ticket was more likely than another person's $3 lottery ticket. While cubing is new, loyalty points/bonus points are not new.

As I already stated, even the previous system was lottery rigging - but was more tolerable...wasn't worth making a big issue over because its effects were insignificant really.... that's not the case with this new nonsense.

My current memorandum of law on the issue is sitting at 70 pages and I'm only about half done covering the legal issues with the system.... I just started the section on discrimination - which is a beast of its own. When it's done, the TPWD and the Attorney General will get a copy....I'll be hand delivering that to the AG. They'll either act to correct the situation or face a lawsuit over it, for sure. Great thing about being an attorney, I don't need to pay one to go play in court... this stuff is fun for me smile

Maybe you should go after New Mexico draw hunt lotto next and their non-resident quota loco

Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: bossbowman] #8016442 10/20/20 03:32 AM
D
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by bossbowman
Maybe you should go after New Mexico draw hunt lotto next and their non-resident quota loco

I neither care what NM does nor can I think of any legitimate legal argument against quotas, more less non-resident quotas. So, no thanks... Again, this is why I don't have legal discussions with laypeople, they're simply not capable of understanding the legal complexities involved.... Not surprised though, simply the result of many generations of public education.... and yet somehow there is a general sense of omniscience among the population....always entertaining to behold.

rofl bang hammer

People just don't know what they don't know.... plenty of things I don't know...key is to play with things you understand and leave the things you don't to people who do. That's why I don't do brain surgery... wouldn't even know what I was looking at if I was asked to implant a neurostimulator into someones brain to help them with epilepsy. To know the limits of one's knowledge....such an important trait that so few seem to have.

Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: DeleteThisAccount] #8017127 10/20/20 07:30 PM
T
Thisisbeer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bossbowman

I neither care what NM does nor can I think of any legitimate legal argument against quotas, more less non-resident quotas. So, no thanks... Again, this is why I don't have legal discussions with laypeople, they're simply not capable of understanding the legal complexities involved.... Not surprised though, simply the result of many generations of public education.... and yet somehow there is a general sense of omniscience among the population....always entertaining to behold.

rofl bang hammer

People just don't know what they don't know.... plenty of things I don't know...key is to play with things you understand and leave the things you don't to people who do. That's why I don't do brain surgery... wouldn't even know what I was looking at if I was asked to implant a neurostimulator into someones brain to help them with epilepsy. To know the limits of one's knowledge....such an important trait that so few seem to have.

Come on, man. You don't have to come on to a forum and stroke your own ego. I've set across a conference table from plenty of corporate lawyers and I can assure you that you don't have to be the brightest one in the room to become a lawyer. Belittling all of us and saying we are, "simply not capable of understanding the legal complexities involved" is rude and more importantly just wrong. Don't conflate intelligence with education. Sure we don't understand the intricacies of law because we haven't been formally trained on the subject as you have. That doesn't mean we are all idiots that are incapable of understanding.

You don't have to use a brain surgeon to make your point. I doubt you could be a line cook at a restaurant if you've never done it. You don't have to be intelligent to do it, but you do need to be trained. Knowing something others don't does not make you intelligent. Intelligence is the application of knowledge.

Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: Thisisbeer] #8017151 10/20/20 07:54 PM
D
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by Thisisbeer

Come on, man. You don't have to come on to a forum and stroke your own ego. I've set across a conference table from plenty of corporate lawyers and I can assure you that you don't have to be the brightest one in the room to become a lawyer. Belittling all of us and saying we are, "simply not capable of understanding the legal complexities involved" is rude and more importantly just wrong. Don't conflate intelligence with education. Sure we don't understand the intricacies of law because we haven't been formally trained on the subject as you have. That doesn't mean we are all idiots that are incapable of understanding.

You don't have to use a brain surgeon to make your point. I doubt you could be a line cook at a restaurant if you've never done it. You don't have to be intelligent to do it, but you do need to be trained. Knowing something others don't does not make you intelligent. Intelligence is the application of knowledge.

Come on, man. I'm doing nothing of the sort and certainly don't appreciate the allegation that I am, so get off your self-righteous horse. And I'm sure you've sat across the table from lawyers and had a personal opinion that they weren't the brightest in the room... doesn't make it true of course (although it could be true). I made a broad comment concerning the issues with lottery rigging and several pricks on the forum decided to come in and display their ignorance to which I called them out on. And no, I'm not wrong in saying that those people are incapable of understanding the legal complexities involved - their own comments on the topic were evidence of that. Of course, that might only something obvious to someone who practices law, which was the whole point and why I keep saying I'm not getting involved in legal arguments with laypeople ROFL...And generally speaking, it's true of all laypeople. You don't have to like that it's true, but it is. And it's not an insult to call someone a layperson - it's a descriptive term. Honestly, it's sad that today you can't point out that a person doesn't have the necessary professional or specialized knowledge in a particular subject to understand the topic....and that doing so is somehow an insult or belittling. If I was talking to a bioengineer about bioengineering things and they called me a layperson - they would be right and I wouldn't feel insulted or belittled. People have turned into a bunch of over sensitive pansies.

And I'm not the one who keeps this [censored] going man... But when another ignorant prick gets on and makes some smart [censored] comment - I'm happy to put them in their place and point out how their ignorance is amusing to me. You don't like what I have to say then ignore it... you don't like how I respond to people making smart [censored] comments to me? ignore it... and feel free to save that lecturing nonsense for your kids - you know, someone who cares.

I'm sure there are plenty of smart people who visit the forum and I'm sure everyone has knowledge in other areas that far exceeds mine - you also don't see me telling those people they don't know what they're talking about when discussing their area of expertise. If you feel belittled by what I've said, then that's on you - that's a personal issue you have with yourself. It certainly isn't a goal of mine and if it ever becomes one, you'll know it.

And did you really just take issue with me using a brain surgeon as an example instead of a line cook? ... Jesus Christ....LOL

Now, once you get off that self-righteous horse, how about some equal condemnation of the smart [censored] pricks who keep it going? Or is it just the lawyers that you feel are belittling you that you feel the need to lecture? It's entertaining really....watching the mob mentality take place, even on online forums.

And for the record, intelligence is both the ability to acquire AND apply knowledge, not just the later as you claimed. So, yes, a person with a legal education by the very act of obtaining that education has proven a certain level of intelligence (it's the ability to acquire part - in case that wasn't clear). But hey, I mean it's only considered one of the hardest degrees to earn so no biggie - not an indicator of intelligence at all. At least, not in the day and age when people redefine words to fit their narrative. And before some wacko claims I'm only applying that to a legal education - I'll make it very clear. Any degree earned, is evidence of a certain level of intelligence - some more than others, depending on the difficultly of what is being learned. The "application" part, is a whole different bag of worms when it comes to intelligence. And I take offense to someone saying that you don't have to be intelligent to be a line cook - it's simply untrue. Even being a line cook takes a certain level of intelligence to learn and apply that bit of knowledge. Shame on you for picking on line cooks you elitist :P

Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: Cajun Raider] #8018847 10/22/20 02:40 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
You sir need some professional help, I see disorder of the obsessive compulsive variety written all over your long posts...

Re: Cubed Points for Public Hunt Draws [Re: Cajun Raider] #8027305 10/28/20 01:34 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Binary did you ever get around to filling your manifesto or are you still typing it up?

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide