B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Grizz
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by angus1956
Love it. Kids now a days are crushed if they don't have something electronic in their hands.

No joke, my daughter talked back to me so I grab her iPad out of her hand and slamed it over my knee, bent it in half and tossed it on the floor. She cried over it like it was a dead kitten for 20min. Then my dumb arse had to go to best buy

When my daughter was young I told her if she didn't get her room cleaned up I would come in with a shovel and trash bag and pick up everything left on the floor myself. She called my bluff so I literally used a shovel to pick up every toy and stuffed animal on her floor and dumped them in a trash bag. I let her mourn for a month and gave them back after she kept her room clean for that time period, but she learned that I would follow through on my threats, no matter how ridiculous they sounded.

Follow through is one of the best teachers of all.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Smart mom [Re: Grizz] #8014212 10/18/20 02:52 AM
B
bucksnbass357 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Love it. Kids now a days are crushed if they don't have something electronic in their hands.

No joke, my daughter talked back to me so I grab her iPad out of her hand and slamed it over my knee, bent it in half and tossed it on the floor. She cried over it like it was a dead kitten for 20min. Then my dumb arse had to go to best buy

When my daughter was young I told her if she didn't get her room cleaned up I would come in with a shovel and trash bag and pick up everything left on the floor myself. She called my bluff so I literally used a shovel to pick up every toy and stuffed animal on her floor and dumped them in a trash bag. I let her mourn for a month and gave them back after she kept her room clean for that time period, but she learned that I would follow through on my threats, no matter how ridiculous they sounded.

Well done Sir

Let your yes be yes and your no be no

Re: Smart mom [Re: Sneaky] #8014221 10/18/20 03:01 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
[/quote]

Man, you can ruin anything. [/quote]

Well y’all make it so easy. Like taking candy from a baby. I could do it all day long with most of the “knee pad clubs” posts. I’m just not that bored.

But, rather than simply attack, which is all you got, please show the incorrectness of my stated opinion? Please try to be an adult once and disprove my statement.

I ruin nothing, you just don’t like the truth. It does sting a bit I know. You should probably use that coward/ignore button too. Y’all’s KPC should be glad I don’t focus on you more. You do provide so many opportunities to call out such uneducated beliefs/opinions.

Proverbs 2
Re: Smart mom [Re: Grizz] #8014228 10/18/20 03:06 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
[/quote]

When my daughter was young I told her if she didn't get her room cleaned up I would come in with a shovel and trash bag and pick up everything left on the floor myself. She called my bluff so I literally used a shovel to pick up every toy and stuffed animal on her floor and dumped them in a trash bag. I let her mourn for a month and gave them back after she kept her room clean for that time period, but she learned that I would follow through on my threats, no matter how ridiculous they sounded. [/quote]

Absolutely! Beautiful. You did keep your word.

I must ask though in lite of other posts. Did you have to break anything or forcefully remove any items from her? Violence? Destruction? No. Excellent job of being the parent and the adult.

Proverbs 2
Re: Smart mom [Re: Sneaky] #8014229 10/18/20 03:06 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky
I prefer a stout switch to this sort of modern day parenting.

Dad's leather belt......i can still hear the sound of it popping through the loops on his Wranglers roflmao

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
Re: Smart mom [Re: Sniper.270] #8014245 10/18/20 03:19 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

Well y’all make it so easy. Like taking candy from a baby. I could do it all day long with most of the “knee pad clubs” posts. I’m just not that bored.

But, rather than simply attack, which is all you got, please show the incorrectness of my stated opinion? Please try to be an adult once and disprove my statement.

I ruin nothing, you just don’t like the truth. It does sting a bit I know. You should probably use that coward/ignore button too. Y’all’s KPC should be glad I don’t focus on you more. You do provide so many opportunities to call out such uneducated beliefs/opinions.

Like I said you want talk in person, let me know. I won't hide behind my keyboard,
I've never attacked someones religion or wished them job less like your self why preaching Bible verses.

I've never even sparked my oldest, so her loosing her iPad for her behavior is nothing. Ironically never had another issue. She knows it's a zero tolerance policy going forward,

Again if you want to talk in person about my parenting I've go not problem.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Smart mom [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8014253 10/18/20 03:28 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Like I said you want talk in person, let me know. I won't hide behind my keyboard,

I've never even sparked my oldest, so her loosing her iPad for her behavior is nothing. Ironically never had another issue. She knows it's a zero tolerance policy going forward,

The above quote and comment was directed to sneaky. There was one for you right before this one.

Proverbs 2
Re: Smart mom [Re: Sniper.270] #8014259 10/18/20 03:32 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

The above quote and comment was directed to sneaky. There was one for you right before this one.

Like I said...

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Smart mom [Re: ntxtrapper] #8014262 10/18/20 03:34 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Being a parent doesn’t mean we’re not all human 270.

[Linked Image]
Re: Smart mom [Re: Bullfrog] #8014276 10/18/20 03:49 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Bullfrog

Absolutely 1000000% correct. Could not agree more.

You make an excellent point. If Bobo and I were having lunch together and he had shared such an experience with me. I would have basically shared with him the same information I posted here. Of course in person, tone and inference is so much easier. He would have never taken it as a personal insult. He would not have slipped right into such defensiveness and throw out the misconceptions he has about my faith. I am human as anyone. Trust me, before God got a hold of me, well anyway. My post was to simply share that we can always be better. Respond better. Learn better. Anyway. We are all human.

Proverbs 2
Re: Smart mom [Re: Sniper.270] #8014296 10/18/20 04:19 AM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Well done Dad! roflmao

Exactly what was done well?
Responding out of anger?
Destruction of an item “grabbed” from her?
Teaching violence in response to issues, rather than appropriate reaction?
Teaching a daughter/lady/female that men sometimes strike out? That men can physically control you and your possessions?

Yes. You showed her alright. I just don’t believe it was a “good” response.

I just bent my iPad over my knee after reading this.

Re: Smart mom [Re: ntxtrapper] #8014314 10/18/20 05:17 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Jesus, someone tell him how to quote a post. It is not hard.

[Linked Image]
Re: Smart mom [Re: ntxtrapper] #8014316 10/18/20 05:23 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I bet the mom who typed that note would never believe it could have sparked such a train wreck as this roflmao

Re: Smart mom [Re: ntxtrapper] #8014354 10/18/20 11:00 AM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
That’s a great meme!! Thanks for posting!

Sniper.270, you mind changing your user name I like the .270

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Smart mom [Re: Grizz] #8014363 10/18/20 11:28 AM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Grizz I had to use something similar on my wife and may have to do it again soon.

My wife is a hoarder and had the garage piled up with stuff with stuff we will never use and you could not even park 1 vehicle in there.
I would have put that stuff in the attic that I decked and store it but she already had it full with all kinds of other stuff.
I told her over a 3 month period if she did not do something with it I was going to load it in the truck and get rid of it, I guess she thought I would not do it hammer

Well that day came, two truck loads of stuff were given to people having garage sales in our area. grin It stayed clean for about 10 years after that, about time for another purge.

texas flag

Re: Smart mom [Re: Sniper.270] #8014537 10/18/20 02:41 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

You make an excellent point. If Bobo and I were having lunch together and he had shared such an experience with me. I would have basically shared with him the same information I posted here. Of course in person, tone and inference is so much easier. He would have never taken it as a personal insult. He would not have slipped right into such defensiveness and throw out the misconceptions he has about my faith. I am human as anyone. Trust me, before God got a hold of me, well anyway. My post was to simply share that we can always be better. Respond better. Learn better. Anyway. We are all human.

Well, all of us are human but you, apparently.

Re: Smart mom [Re: Sneaky] #8014556 10/18/20 03:01 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

You make an excellent point. If Bobo and I were having lunch together and he had shared such an experience with me. I would have basically shared with him the same information I posted here. Of course in person, tone and inference is so much easier. He would have never taken it as a personal insult. He would not have slipped right into such defensiveness and throw out the misconceptions he has about my faith. I am human as anyone. Trust me, before God got a hold of me, well anyway. My post was to simply share that we can always be better. Respond better. Learn better. Anyway. [/color]We are all human. [color:#FF0000]

Ya just don’t read very well huh? It sure explains so much.
But again. How is thinking a non violent, non destructive, response be indicative of “non human?”
Defending violence and destruction also explains much.

Proverbs 2
Re: Smart mom [Re: Stub] #8014640 10/18/20 04:31 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Stub

Grizz I had to use something similar on my wife and may have to do it again soon.

My wife is a hoarder and had the garage piled up with stuff with stuff we will never use and you could not even park 1 vehicle in there.
I would have put that stuff in the attic that I decked and store it but she already had it full with all kinds of other stuff.
I told her over a 3 month period if she did not do something with it I was going to load it in the truck and get rid of it, I guess she thought I would not do it hammer

Well that day came, two truck loads of stuff were given to people having garage sales in our area. grin It stayed clean for about 10 years after that, about time for another purge.

The look on her face when I walked in with a shovel was priceless. I could have easily just picked them up and put them in a trash bag, but I thought the shovel just drove the point home much better. roflmao
When I gave them back to her, I told her next time they're going in the trash permanently. Then I said if you don't believe me just remember you didn't think I would come in your room with a shovel either. She was much better about taking care of it the first time she was told after that.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Smart mom [Re: Simple Searcher] #8014737 10/18/20 05:59 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
clap

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Smart mom [Re: Sniper.270] #8015193 10/19/20 01:09 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

You make an excellent point. If Bobo and I were having lunch together and he had shared such an experience with me. I would have basically shared with him the same information I posted here. Of course in person, tone and inference is so much easier. He would have never taken it as a personal insult. He would not have slipped right into such defensiveness and throw out the misconceptions he has about my faith. I am human as anyone. Trust me, before God got a hold of me, well anyway. My post was to simply share that we can always be better. Respond better. Learn better. Anyway. [/color]We are all human. [color:#FF0000]

Ya just don’t read very well huh? It sure explains so much.
But again. How is thinking a non violent, non destructive, response be indicative of “non human?”
Defending violence and destruction also explains much.

And you just don’t understand very well how arrogant and abrasive you are in print. I’m sure you’re a fantastic, upstanding member of society in person, but on this forum, you suck.

I’m a prick on here, too. The difference between you and I is that I can admit it. I also admit that I’m no better than you, but I am going to call you out for being a prick while acting innocent about it. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t push buttons and claim innocence at the same time.

You’re also not half as witty as you have led yourself to believe. It’s a shame that you’re so full of yourself, because you do have a lot of good things to say. Pissing off Bobo to the extent that you have also speaks volumes. He’s one of the smarter and more level-headed members here. But, go ahead and passively infer our inferiority to you and dodge the real heart of the issue concerning so many’s distaste for you around here. You know, the “cowards” that don’t want to read your berating anymore.

Maybe there’s some hole in your life that you’re compensating for here. I’ve been there. I get it. Just remember that this isn’t a game. There are real people behind these posts, and the majority don’t come here to get scolded by you, me, or anyone else.

Re: Smart mom [Re: ntxtrapper] #8015292 10/19/20 02:24 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Smart mom [Re: ntxtrapper] #8015311 10/19/20 02:56 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Sneaky wins the internets tonight roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Smart mom [Re: Sneaky] #8015373 10/19/20 05:11 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

And you just don’t understand very well how arrogant and abrasive you are in print. I’m sure you’re a fantastic, upstanding member of society in person, but on this forum, you suck.

I’m a prick on here, too. The difference between you and I is that I can admit it. I also admit that I’m no better than you, but I am going to call you out for being a prick while acting innocent about it. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t push buttons and claim innocence at the same time.

You’re also not half as witty as you have led yourself to believe. It’s a shame that you’re so full of yourself, because you do have a lot of good things to say. Pissing off Bobo to the extent that you have also speaks volumes. He’s one of the smarter and more level-headed members here. But, go ahead and passively infer our inferiority to you and dodge the real heart of the issue concerning so many’s distaste for you around here. You know, the “cowards” that don’t want to read your berating anymore.

Maybe there’s some hole in your life that you’re compensating for here. I’ve been there. I get it. Just remember that this isn’t a game. There are real people behind these posts, and the majority don’t come here to get scolded by you, me, or anyone else.

I just got in from a pig hunt and have a couple to see too so I will be brief for now.

I am impressed. Truly. That is good. We will get back to this little diatribe of yours. You did not actually answer the original question. You immediately went to the defensive and attack mode, as usual. You simply made it about me. The person you “hate” because of an opinion I shared way back about something you disagree with. Every discussion we have goes back to that opinion. Just like bee who runs to pat you on the back. Every discussion he sees my post on goes back to his original opinion based on me not agreeing with his opinion of the petrochemical situation. You don’t even recognize that I, you, we, may all be doing it. You just see that belief based on one long ago established belief. Same with Bobo and the Catholic faith.

Your method of speak is interesting, though simple to decipher. I will count the moments till I can continue this “debate.” Have a wonderful night. I pray for your good fortune.

If you prefer to have the debate on PM just let me know. I have no need for an audience, arrogance. Nor do I wish to be abrasive to anyone. I only seek growth for myself and others. Thank you for engaging.

Proverbs 2
Re: Smart mom [Re: ntxtrapper] #8015377 10/19/20 05:56 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
send that PM, You already lost

[Linked Image]
Re: Smart mom [Re: Sniper.270] #8015527 10/19/20 01:46 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I just got in from a pig hunt and have a couple to see too so I will be brief for now.

I am impressed. Truly. That is good. We will get back to this little diatribe of yours. You did not actually answer the original question. You immediately went to the defensive and attack mode, as usual. You simply made it about me. The person you “hate” because of an opinion I shared way back about something you disagree with. Every discussion we have goes back to that opinion. Just like bee who runs to pat you on the back. Every discussion he sees my post on goes back to his original opinion based on me not agreeing with his opinion of the petrochemical situation. You don’t even recognize that I, you, we, may all be doing it. You just see that belief based on one long ago established belief. Same with Bobo and the Catholic faith.

Your method of speak is interesting, though simple to decipher. I will count the moments till I can continue this “debate.” Have a wonderful night. I pray for your good fortune.

If you prefer to have the debate on PM just let me know. I have no need for an audience, arrogance. Nor do I wish to be abrasive to anyone. I only seek growth for myself and others. Thank you for engaging.

It's not a debate it's based off your previous posts. You and your faith are fraudulent, you have bashed and condemned other Christian faiths and wished people out of jobs so you can make more money. Also, chastised people ’s income as exponentially and grossly over paid while mocking their lack of higher education, All while quoting Scripture in the bunker..... so leave the fake growth and prayer off. It's insulting to those that do live that way.

You purposely trolled me to get a rile and admitted so, congrats it worked, you’re the first in 13 years. Typical heritic do as I say not as I live.

There is only one person trolling and hiding behind a computer
Well y’all make it so easy. Like You should probably use that coward/ignore button too. Y’all’s KPC should be glad I don’t focus on you more. You do provide so many opportunities to call out such uneducated beliefs/opinions.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide