Forums46
Topics537,815
Posts9,729,459
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: aerangis] #8012631 10/16/20 05:45 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by aerangis
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
[Linked Image]

Exactly. We should note what happened to their culture.

Originally Posted by Sneaky
The Indians fought like mad to keep us out, and they’re recognized as victims. We can’t even ask that immigrants come here legally without being demonized for it. That doesn’t jive.

They were killing each other in droves, stealing each others hunting grounds and committing tribal genocide and internecine warfare against each other long before europeans stepped on the shores of this continent.

To the victors go the spoils.

Yeah, but the water and air were clean.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 10/16/20 05:45 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: hook_n_line] #8012637 10/16/20 05:49 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
*allegedly

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: hook_n_line] #8012638 10/16/20 05:49 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
[Linked Image]

The Indians fought like mad to keep us out, and they’re recognized as victims. We can’t even ask that immigrants come here legally without being demonized for it. That doesn’t jive.

They were killing each other in droves, stealing each others hunting grounds and committing tribal genocide and internecine warfare against each other long before europeans stepped on the shores of this continent.

Yeah, but they didn't have Walmart.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: aerangis] #8012644 10/16/20 05:51 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
[quote=hook_n_line][Linked Image]

Yeah, but they didn't have Walmart.
[/quote]
Didn't need one.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY_MAN] #8012672 10/16/20 06:17 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I'm like 1/1,000 native american as well. Fortunately I don't hate my other 99.9999%

Last edited by ducknbass; 10/16/20 06:48 PM.
Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: Old Rabbit] #8012700 10/16/20 06:42 PM
H
HWY72 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Glad they got him, way more need to get this treatment. On the other hand, How do you Legally Employee Undocumented Workers?

I'm not sure of all the particulars, but they apply for, and are given a federal Tax ID, so they can pay some income tax. This is right off the IRS site:

What is an ITIN used for?

IRS issues ITINs to help individuals comply with the U.S. tax laws, and to provide a means to efficiently process and account for tax returns and payments for those not eligible(link is external) for Social Security numbers. They are issued regardless of immigration status, because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code. ITINs do not serve any purpose other than federal tax reporting.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY72] #8012709 10/16/20 06:50 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by HWY72
Glad they got him, way more need to get this treatment. On the other hand, How do you Legally Employee Undocumented Workers?

I'm not sure of all the particulars, but they apply for, and are given a federal Tax ID, so they can pay some income tax. This is right off the IRS site:

IRS issues ITINs to help individuals comply with the U.S. tax laws, and to provide a means to efficiently process and account for tax returns and payments for those not eligible(link is external) for Social Security numbers. They are issued regardless of immigration status, because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code. ITINs do not serve any purpose other than federal tax reporting.

Called the visa program.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: ducknbass] #8012714 10/16/20 06:57 PM
H
HWY72 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H

Called the visa program.

They don't need a visa to get a tax id number.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY_MAN] #8012720 10/16/20 07:00 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
My DNA is only 54% Native American and both Grandmother's people were here for only 18k to 21k years. I think that was a little before Chris discovered America. rofl Too bad the first Natives weren't savage or they might of ate his crew instead of helping them. I guess "No good deed goes unpunished". Now the immigrants don't want immigrants here. That's like me closing your door on someone I don't want in your house and then kicking you out in the street with them. Politics and greed are a dangerous combination. I sure feel bad that lazy people in America can't find a job and the poor immigrants are getting railroaded for doing the jobs no American wants. Exploitation used to be the name of the game but rules keep changing or they just get diluted for political correctness. "Let's open it up." Nah, that would be bad for everyone. It will all come full circle.

A Texas billionaire evaded $2 billion in taxes, feds say. Now he’s charged in the ‘largest-ever’ tax fraud case.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY_MAN] #8012722 10/16/20 07:05 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
https://kfyo.com/big-spring-man-sentenced-for-employing-illegal-immigrants-at-restaurant/

BIG SPRING MAN SENTENCED FOR EMPLOYING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AT RESTAURANT

A Big Spring man was sentenced on Thursday, October 15th to a little over a year in federal prison after he employed undocumented immigrants at his restaurant.

Forty-five-year-old Voum Chhuon, owner of the Texas Cajun restaurant in Big Spring, pleaded guilty to harboring illegal aliens and unlawful employment of illegal aliens. He has also been ordered to pay a $100,000 fine.

KAMC News reports that Homeland Security Investigations received a tip from the Howard County Sheriff's Office concerning the undocumented workers. Search warrants were obtained.

Chhuon admitted in an interview that every member of his kitchen staff was undocumented. He had apparently been unlawfully employing illegal aliens since he purchased the restaurant.

It's also reported that once Chhuon hired the illegal aliens, he would then provide them with a room at a Big Spring residence. He would arrange transportation to and from the restaurant for all living there.

From March 2015 all the way up to his arrest, Chhuon's restaurant made just under $3 million with a monthly average of around $82,000 by operating with illegal labor. Forensic accountants have determined that Chhuon transferred around $140,000 from his business account to pay for personal expenses.

Read More: Big Spring Man Sentenced For Employing Illegal Immigrants | https://kfyo.com/big-spring-man-sen...m_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY_MAN] #8012723 10/16/20 07:09 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndtx/p...-pleads-guilty-employing-illegal-workers

Officers with the Big Spring Police Department and the Howard County Sherriff’s Office conducted a traffic stop of two Texas Cajun cooks, Simon Hernandez-Bautitsta and Justino Antonio-Martinez. ICE officers determined that Antonio-Martinez and Hernandez-Bautitsta were in the United States illegally and subject for removal.

During interviews with Antonio-Martinez and Hernandez-Bautitsta, they stated that Chhuon knew they were in the United States illegally and not authorized to work. Both men were paid in cash once per week and lived with Chhuon in his residence in Big Spring.

While owning the Texas Cajun, Chhuon unlawfully hired Sergio Martinez-Martinez, Julio Esteban Perez-Florez, Jose Manuel Castillo-Hernandez, Sergio Ramiro Avila-Perez, Simon Hernandez Bautitsta, Justino Antonio Martinez, Lazaro Zepeda-Rocha, and Primitivo Hernandez-Amezquita without filling out any paperwork or requesting any documentation as to legality of residence in the United States or to work.

Once unlawfully hired, Chhuon would provide the illegal aliens room and board at his Big Spring residence and transportation to the Texas Cajun.

[Linked Image]
Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY_MAN] #8013626 10/17/20 05:37 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
bout time they go after the real problem. while illegal immigration is a problem it would not be as bad if it were not for the "Americans" that hire them. On a grand scale the spanish illegals are the least of the worries. While every one is focused on jose , the largest and faster growing surname is asian. bolt

[Linked Image]
Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY_MAN] #8013631 10/17/20 05:47 PM
S
Sailor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY72] #8013642 10/17/20 05:56 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

All foreign nationals legally in the US on legal VISA are given restricted SS#’s

Pretty cut and dry process to work in the US you are either a lawful citizen or unexpired Permanent Res, if not you need a temporary visa like EAD or a sponsored visa. When you get a work visa you are given a Restricted SScard.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: pdr55] #8013684 10/17/20 06:49 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by pdr55
Makes me wonder how many illegals they drove by that were working on the road construction crews.
They start locking up the folks that hire hundreds if not thousands maybe it could make a difference.

Exactly. Makes me think there is more to this story

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: bucksnbass357] #8013744 10/17/20 08:18 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bucksnbass357
Makes me wonder how many illegals they drove by that were working on the road construction crews.
They start locking up the folks that hire hundreds if not thousands maybe it could make a difference.

Maybe somebody's cat disappeared. clap

[Linked Image]
Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY_MAN] #8013751 10/17/20 08:32 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
The Mexico Consulate in Dallas will help illegal aliens secure a ITIN #, and give them a Consular ID Card. They use that to open bank accounts, etc.

Legally they are not supposed to be employed in the USA.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY_MAN] #8015425 10/19/20 11:54 AM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I don't see the problem. The first immigrants lied, cheated and killed for the land and then imported people to do the work they didn't want to do and made the money off of it. They now feel it's happening to them, Pretty ironic. The US wasn't built by the finest people in the world, but it was built on the blood of a lot of fine people. It's a shame they even used God's name for anything. It's all summed up in one word. Hypocrisy.....

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: hook_n_line] #8015433 10/19/20 12:13 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I don't see the problem. The first immigrants lied, cheated and killed for the land and then imported people to do the work they didn't want to do and made the money off of it. They now feel it's happening to them, Pretty ironic. The US wasn't built by the finest people in the world, but it was built on the blood of a lot of fine people. It's a shame they even used God's name for anything. It's all summed up in one word. Hypocrisy.....

They and them sure live a long time. That's some deep rationalization going on there.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: hook_n_line] #8015461 10/19/20 12:56 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

If you and or your family has made it passed the age of 40. You're welcome.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: Paluxy] #8016322 10/20/20 01:30 AM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Paluxy

They and them sure live a long time. That's some deep rationalization going on there.

The native Americans seized land from other tribes, and practiced slavery. They killed and tortured other native Americans. We didn't do anything they didn't do. We were just better at it. On the plus side, we did bring them out of the stone age. I know that doesn't fit into the romantic picture portrayed by Hollywood and other romantics, but it is reality.

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: dogcatcher] #8016331 10/20/20 01:38 AM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by bucksnbass357

Maybe somebody's cat disappeared. clap

Now that thar is funny I don’t care who you are

How do you like cat?

Re: Big Spring restaurateur sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for illegally employing undocumented workers [Re: HWY_MAN] #8016349 10/20/20 01:56 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
He will have some "good" company, former Congressman Duncan Hunter was sentenced to 11 months in prison at El Paso.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide