Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: Nick1] #8008353 10/13/20 04:13 PM
N.Tx Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
If the OP has been a Dove / Deer hunter for years, I'm sure he's aware of Sitka and already has some decent camo clothing. I duck hunt in a Sitka Whitetail jacket but don't tell the ducks that...

As mentioned above, you can be into some decent waders and a couple boxes of #2 or #3 steel for under $200. Start there, see if you like it, then invest accordingly. 2cents

Edit: I also hunt with an A300 so you're off to a good start up

Last edited by E.TX.JMart; 10/13/20 04:13 PM.
Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: ducknbass] #8008362 10/13/20 04:24 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Testing too much product are ya G?

I like the idea of stocking foot waders, but bending over and tying boots is not a big mans dream come true

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: aerangis] #8008394 10/13/20 05:22 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by aerangis
Originally Posted by LarryCopper
Telling someone that it trying to get into duck hunting to see if they like it to buy Sitka gear and to shoot bismuth is like telling a new fisherman to go buy a $80K bass boat.

this

Anyone telling a fella wanting to learn how to hunt ducks to go out and buy Sitka and bismuth is an idjit.

Shuter down. Nothing more to say.

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: Nick1] #8008438 10/13/20 06:02 PM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by garrett
from my understanding its just knock off Kuiu clothing with better marketing

Actually Sitka was started about 6 years before Kuiu. But I do agree agree with you on Sitka having way better marketing.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: Sinkey] #8008600 10/13/20 08:01 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Originally Posted by garrett
from my understanding its just knock off Kuiu clothing with better marketing

Actually Sitka was started about 6 years before Kuiu. But I do agree agree with you on Sitka having way better marketing.

Yelp Jason started both. One is now beholden solely to Gore Textiles, other free range/ market to use any thing competitive or emerging in the market

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: aerangis] #8008780 10/13/20 10:05 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Telling someone that it trying to get into duck hunting to see if they like it to buy Sitka gear and to shoot bismuth is like telling a new fisherman to go buy a $80K bass boat.

this

Anyone telling a fella wanting to learn how to hunt ducks to go out and buy Sitka and bismuth is an idjit.

This?
Are y'all dense? You're not even comparing apples to apples or even oranges.
I just recommended the best stuff, he can go from there. I thought drake was good, now all that money i spent on drake is wasted bc I'm switching to sitka.
Bismuth is definitely superior to steel. Y'all can try to deny it all you want, but 95% of y'all don't have a clue bc you've never shot it.
I bought gator waders the first go around, lasted 1.5 seasons, extremely disappointed and cost $350. I wish I would of known not to go that route.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: KWood_TSU] #8008801 10/13/20 10:30 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU

this

This?
I just recommended the best stuff, he can go from there. I thought drake was good, now all that money i spent on drake is wasted bc I'm switching to sitka.
Bismuth is definitely superior to steel. Y'all can try to deny it all you want, but 95% of y'all don't have a clue bc you've never shot it.
I bought gator waders the first go around, lasted 1.5 seasons, extremely disappointed and cost $350. I wish I would of known not to go that route.

So to close it up. You're a sucker for a marketing campaign.

He did not state that steel was or was not superior to bismuth. He simply.knows that not the way you get into a new hobby. Unless you're a trust fund kid trying to be an instagram influencer.

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: ducknbass] #8008809 10/13/20 10:44 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

this

This?

So to close it up. You're a sucker for a marketing campaign.

He did not state that steel was or was not superior to bismuth. He simply.knows that not the way you get into a new hobby. Unless you're a trust fund kid trying to be an instagram influencer.

Not at all

If he goes out and cripples a bunch of ducks that can turn a person off just as easily.
And there's some days where you just don't shoot good and cripple every bird you shoot. Bismuth helps with that immensely.
Bismuth is being a responsible hunter in my opinion

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: KWood_TSU] #8008834 10/13/20 11:12 PM
J
js4242 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J

this

This?

Just a thought, but if you would have come here before buying said $350 waders that I've never heard anyone recommending on this site or any other you would only be out $100 bucks for magellans.

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: js4242] #8008843 10/13/20 11:21 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by js4242

this

This?

Just a thought, but if you would have come here before buying said $350 waders that I've never heard anyone recommending on this site or any other you would only be out $100 bucks for magellans.

I bought the $100 Magellans one day in a pinch. Returned that same day. They were awful

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: Nick1] #8008966 10/14/20 12:55 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Smokey, boss has actually been proven to be better than lead. It's the copper coating i believe.

Also, for anyone that's curious, here's why boss bismuth is better. It takes #2 or #3 steel to act like boss #5. But now using a smaller shot you get more pellets on target. More pellets equals better killing.

I'm not saying steel won't kill, it does, but it's not nearly as effective.
And you're right, you don't need bismuth, but the facts have been out, if people shot bismuth and not steel it's a large amount of number of birds that go back to the breeding grounds.

Having a good dog helps, but bismuth doesn't cripple like steel. It's usually a clean miss or dead bird. Steel isn't like that.
But anyways, I guess science doesn't apply here

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: Nick1] #8008986 10/14/20 01:16 AM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
If you’re a good shooter, doesn’t matter if your shooting steel or bismuth. Your folding them up either way. I’ve shot steel my whole life. But will be trying BOSS shells this year. Want to see what all the hypes about. I’ve got some buddies that shot the 2 3/4 #5’s last year and swear by them now. So proof will be in the pudding.

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: Sinkey] #8009001 10/14/20 01:27 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
If you’re a good shooter, doesn’t matter if your shooting steel or bismuth. Your folding them up either way. I’ve shot steel my whole life. But will be trying BOSS shells this year. Want to see what all the hypes about. I’ve got some buddies that shot the 2 3/4 #5’s last year and swear by them now. So proof will be in the pudding.

Sinkey you don't know what your talking about. This guy heard ramsey sell some boss and now he's thw authority not all things ducks.

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: Sinkey] #8009009 10/14/20 01:32 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Work better in smaller bores, think it’s an expensive wash in 12

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: ducknbass] #8009013 10/14/20 01:38 AM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S

Sinkey you don't know what your talking about. This guy heard ramsey sell some boss and now he's thw authority not all things ducks.

Lol.

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8009014 10/14/20 01:41 AM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Work better in smaller bores, think it’s an expensive wash in 12

That’s what I want to see. Bought 2 boxes of 2 3/4 and 2 boxes of 3’s. If I don’t like them, my old reliable Remington Hypersonics will be close by for sure.

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: Nick1] #8009030 10/14/20 02:01 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I stumbled upon what looked like a case of 20 gauge boss hulls laying under a tree last year. Either they shot 30 limits or they still did not know how to finish birds.

Last edited by ducknbass; 10/14/20 02:02 AM.
Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: ducknbass] #8009040 10/14/20 02:11 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

You talking about ramsey russell?
I knew about boss before I knew about him, and I'd trust ramsey a lot quicker than I'd trust you.

I'm sure you live by the saying "we've always done it this way"

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: ducknbass] #8009042 10/14/20 02:11 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I stumbled upon what looked like a case of 20 gauge boss hulls laying under a tree last year. Either they shot 30 limits or they still did not know how to finish birds.

Good made up story up

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: #Hayraker] #8009076 10/14/20 02:24 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Make sure you get an 870 in case you ever need a boat paddle

Blasphemy

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: KWood_TSU] #8009087 10/14/20 02:30 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

You talking about ramsey russell?
I knew about boss before I knew about him, and I'd trust ramsey a lot quicker than I'd trust you.

I'm sure you live by the saying "we've always done it this way"

Jr. You'll see I've never stated boss was junk. Just that you're a window licker in your advice giving.

Last edited by ducknbass; 10/14/20 02:30 AM.
Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: KWood_TSU] #8009134 10/14/20 02:52 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Good made up story up

For a hundred dollar bet I'll head up there and take a picture. Let me know.

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: ducknbass] #8009147 10/14/20 02:59 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

Good made up story up

Why didn't you pick them up to begin with?
I know it's not your trash, but still...

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: Nick1] #8009185 10/14/20 03:21 AM
68A Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Who cares if the dude shoots ducks with steel out of a NEF while wearing Walmart camo with trash bags on his legs or, shoots ducks with tungsten out of an H&H while wearing Sitka. Spend $100 or $10k, whatever floats your boat.

Re: Duck hunting gear [Re: KWood_TSU] #8009192 10/14/20 03:25 AM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S

Good made up story up

Why didn't you pick them up to begin with?
I know it's not your trash, but still...

Yeah ducknbass. Why didn’t you pick them up? roflmao

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide