THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Originally Posted by Hudbone
oh, okay

Yeah. He was big, real big. I was scared. I dove under a car in the parking lot and tried to get away from him. I was crying. He got on his knees and begged me to come out, promised not to hurt me. I did. We hugged, he let me go.

See what happens when an opinion is formed without all the facts? Don't do it.

Well played.

roflmao

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8004026 10/09/20 05:08 PM
D
ducknbass Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
All of this just reminds me that when I was a kid growing up in Rockwall county and a few police officers that I had run-ins with used to Tell me that I should go to the academy and be a police officer. I knew I was not cut out to be a police officer and I still hold that the same opinion of myself. I'm glad I'm not a police officer and have to make those decisions. I'm glad that when I make a judgment decision at work that does not end up on the news. I don't know why anybody would do it.

I was talking to a friend the other day he is pretty much always siding with the Black lives matter group he is a liberal. I asked him if he felt like the world today was the same as it was when he was a kid or if it was worse. He said the world is crazier today it's a lot more violent. I said yeah so you're asking police officers to go out in the world that is more violent but to not be more violent. I didn't check out

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8004052 10/09/20 05:28 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
you got to be a bad azz to be a cop. not a di_k just a bad azz

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Grizz] #8004080 10/09/20 06:01 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Grizz
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
So you are a LEO and you have a noncompliant person....you have three choices to gain control of the person.

1. Go hands on and try to overpower them
2. Use the tazer to gain compliance
3. Use your service weapons to gain compliance/end threat

What would you do?

“Gain control.”

Per the Rangers, he walked up to shake his hand. Until video comes out (and even then, there will probably be ambiguity), we don’t know if there was a need to “gain control.”

It sounds like, per the report, the fight was over, the couple involved in the domestic dispute either left or dispersed, and the good samaritan walked up to try to welcome the officer. There was no situation to gain control of, if that’s the case.

Both parties could have done things differently, if that’s how it played out. But I don’t know if “gain control” of a fight that happened before the officer showed up is the right way to try to arm chair QB this. What was he gaining control of if the guy who broke the fight up was in a position to walk up and try to shake the officer’s hand?

The problem with this incident is we don't know for sure how it originated. I've read a version in which he broke up a fight between other people and I've read a version in which he was just involved in a fight with someone else. Either scenario results in his being detained, even more so if he is possibly intoxicated.
SnakeWrangler's question comes in at the point he reportedly tried to walk away from the officer who was trying to detain him for investigation. At that point the officer likely had reasonable suspicion that Price had committed Disorderly Conduct and/or Public Intoxication.

I agree, we don’t know for sure how it originated. Was he trying to detain him, though? It sounds like he walked up to the officer when the officer got out of his vehicle. The couple having the domestic dispute was apparently gone. What commands were given by the officer? We don’t know if he was trying to detain him or at what point he approached the officer. SW’s starting at the “gain control of a person” point and we don’t even know if the officer tried to gain control or what was happening when the officer pulled up. It sounds like the fight was over, so why would he try to detain someone when he doesn’t even know what took place or who was involved. If the officer pulled up and the dead guy was clearly winning the fight (say, was on top of the other guy pummeling him) and the officer clearly thought he was the aggressor, that would make “gain control of the person” reasonable but it doesn’t sound like that was the case (based on the Ranger report saying he approached the officer to shake his hand). That’s all I’m saying.

I’m not taking sides either way. I have a lot of questions. No matter the missing details, I think both parties could have made decisions that would have resulted in a different outcome and it’s sad.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: barndoor] #8004088 10/09/20 06:07 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by barndoor
the good samaritan walked up to try to welcome the officer. There was no situation to gain control of, if that’s the case.

You obviously have no clue about law enforcement. Please stay in your lane. Bad guys always come up to you and try to befriend you on calls. You know why??? Because they don’t want to go jail. This guy was apologizing to the officer about some glass on the ground implying like he’s the one that did it. I am going to become very suspicious about someone coming up on me to shake my hand and apologizing about some glass on the ground, therefore I am going to detain his arse until I figure out what’s going on. I do agree the officer was very young, inexperienced, and scared.

First, you removed the context from my post by not including “per the report,” meaning what the Texas Rangers released about what happened.

Second, you shouldn’t use the word ‘always.’ Every bad guy in the history of the country has walked up and tried to befriend the officer responding to the call? How did the TV show Cops even air an episode if they ‘always’ walk up to responding officers and try to shake hands?

Third, what did the officer say? Did he give commands? Did the guy disregard the commands? All of that matters, and we don’t have answers. So your hypothetical about what you would do doesn’t matter to me.

[Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #8004113 10/09/20 06:22 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

The problem with this incident is we don't know for sure how it originated. I've read a version in which he broke up a fight between other people and I've read a version in which he was just involved in a fight with someone else. Either scenario results in his being detained, even more so if he is possibly intoxicated.
SnakeWrangler's question comes in at the point he reportedly tried to walk away from the officer who was trying to detain him for investigation. At that point the officer likely had reasonable suspicion that Price had committed Disorderly Conduct and/or Public Intoxication.

I agree, we don’t know for sure how it originated. Was he trying to detain him, though? It sounds like he walked up to the officer when the officer got out of his vehicle. The couple having the domestic dispute was apparently gone. What commands were given by the officer? We don’t know if he was trying to detain him or at what point he approached the officer. SW’s starting at the “gain control of a person” point and we don’t even know if the officer tried to gain control or what was happening when the officer pulled up. It sounds like the fight was over, so why would he try to detain someone when he doesn’t even know what took place or who was involved. If the officer pulled up and the dead guy was clearly winning the fight (say, was on top of the other guy pummeling him) and the officer clearly thought he was the aggressor, that would make “gain control of the person” reasonable but it doesn’t sound like that was the case (based on the Ranger report saying he approached the officer to shake his hand). That’s all I’m saying.

I’m not taking sides either way. I have a lot of questions. No matter the missing details, I think both parties could have made decisions that would have resulted in a different outcome and it’s sad.

According to the Ranger's affidavit, Lucas was dispatched to a disturbance/possible fight in progress. No mention of who was involved or if someone was trying to break it up, just a fight in progress. When he arrived, Price approached him and told him the broken glass was because of him and someone tried to wrap him up. That alone gave Lucas reasonable suspicion to detain him and figure out what was going on. Again, based on the affidavit, Lucas had no idea who was involved in the initial fight or what the circumstances were other than knowing Price was involved based on his own statements. Lucas also stated he had some indication that Price was intoxicated. Based on all of that information, I have absolutely no doubt Lucas was trying to detain Price at that point and Lucas himself said he was trying to detain him. Whether anything that happened after that point was justified is something I simply don't know.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Grizz] #8004308 10/09/20 08:43 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

According to the Ranger's affidavit, Lucas was dispatched to a disturbance/possible fight in progress. No mention of who was involved or if someone was trying to break it up, just a fight in progress. When he arrived, Price approached him and told him the broken glass was because of him and someone tried to wrap him up. That alone gave Lucas reasonable suspicion to detain him and figure out what was going on. Again, based on the affidavit, Lucas had no idea who was involved in the initial fight or what the circumstances were other than knowing Price was involved based on his own statements. Lucas also stated he had some indication that Price was intoxicated. Based on all of that information, I have absolutely no doubt Lucas was trying to detain Price at that point and Lucas himself said he was trying to detain him. Whether anything that happened after that point was justified is something I simply don't know.

up

[Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8004836 10/10/20 11:42 AM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
So the cop is in Collin jail on with a 1 million dollar bail?

Or has he been bailed out yet?

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8004856 10/10/20 12:08 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
i'm losing interest

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Guy] #8004917 10/10/20 01:33 PM
B
barndoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by ducknbass

I'm not a police officer so I cannot state what should or should not have happened but in my mind as not a police officer tasing him walking away with his hands in the air doesn't seem like a good idea but again I'm not a police officer so I'm not saying it was wrong I just didn't seem right to me.

What should he have done, let him walk off? Serious question. If a cop tells you to stop, and you keep walking off, it leaves him with no other choice.

“Leaves him with no other choice”? A subject merely walking away from an officer giving him orders to stop doesn’t warrant the use of a Taser

What should he have done?

I didn't see BigPig response to this question.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8004930 10/10/20 01:55 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Remember in school when you walk behind someone and kick their foot to the side so it would catch their own foot and they’d trip and everybody would laugh? Maybe that’s all that was needed confused2

We won’t know till the facts come out

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Bullfrog] #8004955 10/10/20 02:26 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Remember in school when you walk behind someone and kick their foot to the side so it would catch their own foot and they’d trip and everybody would laugh? Maybe that’s all that was needed confused2

This is 100% accurate. The information surrounding most of these incidents that comes out early is typically from eye witnesses, many of whom have their own agendas affecting their "memories" of the event (speaking in general terms). Even the criminal complaint won't have all of the information in it. The purpose of the complaint is to simply establish probable cause for an arrest, nothing else. It is very common for a five page report to be reduced to one paragraph for a criminal complaint.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Grizz] #8004966 10/10/20 02:38 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

This is 100% accurate. The information surrounding most of these incidents that comes out early is typically from eye witnesses, many of whom have their own agendas affecting their "memories" of the event (speaking in general terms). Even the criminal complaint won't have all of the information in it. The purpose of the complaint is to simply establish probable cause for an arrest, nothing else. It is very common for a five page report to be reduced to one paragraph for a criminal complaint.

I always like to see the good and the bad in arrest affidavits, as my career progressed I came to understand that most stories have two or three sides, and some folks act out of fear and confusion. While sometimes a person's acts or omissions constitute a crime it isn't always as cut and dry as the affidavit. Anyway, we shall see when ALL the facts come to light.

Last edited by Concho; 10/10/20 02:39 PM.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8005383 10/10/20 10:50 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Why isn't the cop locked up in Hunt county jail?

Why is he in Collin county?

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8005402 10/10/20 11:19 PM
D
DannyB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Suspicion of intoxication is being mentioned. When will the toxicology report come out?

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8005404 10/10/20 11:21 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
i'm losing interest

X2

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8005405 10/10/20 11:21 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
If the guy was white,yellow, green, blue, red, it would be a issue.

[Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: RedRanger] #8005419 10/10/20 11:41 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Probably for his own protection. He was a jailer there for a while.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Concho] #8005525 10/11/20 02:10 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Concho

I always like to see the good and the bad in arrest affidavits, as my career progressed I came to understand that most stories have two or three sides, and some folks act out of fear and confusion. While sometimes a person's acts or omissions constitute a crime it isn't always as cut and dry as the affidavit. Anyway, we shall see when ALL the facts come to light.

Your post history betrays you, Concho.

[Linked Image]
Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: LoneStarSon] #8005654 10/11/20 10:59 AM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

Ok, makes sense now

So the other Fort Worth cop who shot the lady thru her window still doesn't have a court date and it's been over a year now, they are saying due to COVID.

It looks like this wolfe city dude won't make bail, will he spend the next year in collin county jail waiting trail?

The Fort Worth cop bail was only $200K, while the wolfe city guy is 1 million. I think you have to get like 10% to make bail.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #8005761 10/11/20 01:53 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Concho

Your post history betrays you, Concho.

Show me a time when I didn't say "Wait for the facts."

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: RedRanger] #8006009 10/11/20 06:39 PM
G
GUTIT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
[quote=RedRanger]Why isn't the cop locked up in Hunt county jail?

Ok, makes sense now

So the other Fort Worth cop who shot the lady thru her window still doesn't have a court date and it's been over a year now, they are saying due to COVID.

It looks like this wolfe city dude won't make bail, will he spend the next year in collin county jail waiting trail?

The Fort Worth cop bail was only $200K, while the wolfe city guy is 1 million. I think you have to get like 10% to make bail.
[/quote

My son did his transfer and booked him in. Read every piece of information on the case available as required. There is a lot more than what the armchair quarterbacks are saying and that’s all I can say about it.

Prayers for the family of Johnathan (who I have actually met), and this young officer. My son is not much older than him.

As our resident LEO have stated, until you wear the badge and are actually in these situations, you have no clue what it’s like. Anyone one of them including my son can face a same situation any given day.

Stay safe

Stronghold Construction Group
Commercial and Residential Project Management
Managing all your construction needs
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: GUTIT] #8006109 10/11/20 08:34 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by GUTIT
[quote=RedRanger]Why isn't the cop locked up in Hunt county jail?

Ok, makes sense now

[/quote

My son did his transfer and booked him in. Read every piece of information on the case available as required. There is a lot more than what the armchair quarterbacks are saying and that’s all I can say about it.

Prayers for the family of Johnathan (who I have actually met), and this young officer. My son is not much older than him.

As our resident LEO have stated, until you wear the badge and are actually in these situations, you have no clue what it’s like. Anyone one of them including my son can face a same situation any given day.

Stay safe

My only question is why was he in Collin County Jail vs Hunt County where Wolfe City is.

I see he was fired on Thursday and Texas Ranger's have recommended murder charges, and he is has a 1 million dollar bail speaks volumes.

I will let the criminal justice system do their job.

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: RedRanger] #8006141 10/11/20 08:56 PM
G
GUTIT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
He was a previous Hunt County Jailer and has inside information of how the jail operates and also many previous fellow employees. In the interest of safety for the public, himself, and to keep everything on a “level playing field”, they decision was made to transfer him to a “neutral” jail. Collin County was chosen as the best option.

Stronghold Construction Group
Commercial and Residential Project Management
Managing all your construction needs
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

Re: Any wolfe city folks on the forum? [Re: ducknbass] #8006148 10/11/20 08:59 PM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
I think it's because he was a jailer at the Wolfe City/Hunt co jail, something about he knows the procedures at the jail. That's what I remember from an article I read a while back.

[Linked Image]
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide