Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8003040 10/08/20 08:47 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Two summers ago we were visiting family and I stepped off a short retaining wall onto a small bench we have used as a step for many years. This time, for some reason, it shifted and I went flying, coming straight down on the bench and landing on side of my hamstring. Hurt like heck, but only a small scrape/bruise at first. By the next morning, most of my leg had turned blue/green/purple, all the way to my ankle. I could barely walk, and there was a large depression in the tissue of my leg. Stayed bruised for a month and I still have a soft spot on my leg.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8003061 10/08/20 09:04 PM
P
Panhandler Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
As a kid, Riding a skateboard on my belly. Wheels hit a crack and the board came to a complete stop while I kept going. chin first onto the sidewalk left me with 6 stitches.

Re: Silly injuries [Re: redchevy] #8003080 10/08/20 09:23 PM
Adchunts Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by redchevy
Right at the beginning of covid in march I went fishing with my parents and was unloading the boat at the house. Dad had the fish box a 125 quart yeti emptied out and was taking it to wash. I was standing off the garage slab and reached out to take it from him. I don't know exactly what happened all I know is it was in a flash and it hurt like hell at first. Had no strength in the arm. Went to ER they said there was nothing wrong with it. Massive bruising in my bicep and forearm showed up over the next week. Went to primary doc he said I tore/partially tore 3 muscles in my arm including my bicep and i would just have to let it heal. Was suppose to go in for another checkup a month later but after it was scheduled and canceled 3 times I said F-it.

Its still not completely better, no where near as strong as the other arm and fatigues quickly compared to it as well. Also if I flex my bicep i have a big lump nearer the shoulder and an empty flabby spot nearer the elbow. I would consider another dr but the ER dr said quote "I don't even know why you are here" and my primary doc said will just have to heal.... so going on 6 months I hope its healing.

That’s not going to heal on its own. Sounds like you have a torn tendon. When I had my left bicep tendon repaired (cut loose, sutured, and re-anchored) the surgeon described what it would look and feel like if it pulled loose from the bone. Your description is pretty much that exactly.

Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8003103 10/08/20 09:39 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I get in and out of the truck 20 to 30 times a day. A few years ago I turned to get out and sneezed at the same time, my back hurt for a month.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8003131 10/08/20 10:04 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Wow...some real good ones here! I guess I'll share a couple....

Late one night I woke up hearing dripping water in the hallway. The condensate line of the air conditioner had sprung a leak somehow and it was August so humid as all get-out, so lots of condensation! Thinking fast I grabbed the plastic wrap to rip off a quick patch. As I ripped the piece of plastic wrap off the roll that little hack saw cutting edge opened up my thumb. Took 5 stitches.

Another time, when I had kids at home, my youngest had a science project that required drilling several random holes through a piece of wood. It was Friday afternoon before opening day of deer season and I couldn't leave until I had those holes drilled. Truck was packed and I was in a hurry to be gone. Despite having a perfectly good work bench right there I decided to just brace the piece of wood between my legs to drill the holes. I had to reverse the drill to back the half-inch bit out of my thigh. Poured peroxide in the hole, threw on a band-aid, headed to the woods! I still have the leg so I guess I did ok!

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8003500 10/09/20 03:17 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
[Linked Image]

Dislocated my foot playing beer league softball. Could’ve been really bad, but I lucked out.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Silly injuries [Re: Duck_Hunter] #8003509 10/09/20 03:38 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
[Linked Image]

Dislocated my foot playing beer league softball. Could’ve been really bad, but I lucked out.

eek

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8003517 10/09/20 04:01 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
barf

Re: Silly injuries [Re: TCM3] #8003521 10/09/20 04:05 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TCM3
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
[Linked Image]

eek

It was only like that for a few hours. Wuss.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8003535 10/09/20 04:47 AM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Cracked vertebrae and a concussion playing rugby when I should have hung up contact sports a decade earlier.

Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8003775 10/09/20 02:03 PM
M
Mr Squatch Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
I once shot a staple all the way through my finger and fingernail trying to staple a target to cardboard.

Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8004116 10/09/20 06:23 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Thrusting from behind and pulled both hamstrings, muscle cramped both calves that also went into my toes and got a hernia. Lifes ruff.

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Silly injuries [Re: 7mag] #8004149 10/09/20 06:52 PM
J
J.R. Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 7mag
Thrusting from behind and pulled both hamstrings, muscle cramped both calves that also went into my toes and got a hernia. Lifes ruff.

LOL! I would expect no less from a legend like you, my friend:)

"First come smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8004160 10/09/20 06:59 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I pulled my groin this past June on my birthday no less chasing a baby armadillo across the yard to catch it so the grandchitlins could see it up close....I caught it but I’m still not fully healed up.

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Silly injuries [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8004165 10/09/20 07:03 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
I pulled my groin this past June on my birthday no less chasing a baby armadillo across the yard to catch it so the grandchitlins could see it up close....I caught it but I’m still not fully healed up.

I get the pulled groin on your birthday. 'Probably pretty common at our age. It's the cause I'm not buying. grin banana

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8004205 10/09/20 07:27 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Plenty, but the latest was a tree. I call it silly, because I should have known better and took a different approach. Post Hurricane Harvey and I am cutting hundreds of downed trees on my property. Two big Live Oaks twisted around each other laying over. Scoped it out, knew a couple of large limbs were spring loaded overhead but I miscalculated just how much movement there would be when I made the first cut. Had to stand up on one log and cut overhead. Made the cut and I am instantly slammed to the ground up against another tree, saw goes flying in the air. Large spring loaded limb hits me in the shoulder/collar bone. Cracked my sternum, cracked my collar bone, and worsened the shoulder injury that I already had. Knocked the wind out of me. After I caught my breath I tried to get up, nope. Couldn't feel my legs. I sat there on the ground for over 30 minutes before I started to get the feeling back in my toes & then my legs. Boy it sure hurt getting up and walking back to the house. When I was younger I've had the chit stomped out of me by cattle, body slammed by a bucking horse (landed head first), knocked out with a baseball bat, got hit behind the ear by a yellow jacket and fell off a tall roof, had the dog pizz kicked out of me and had cracked ribs after fighting back in the day etc etc........ but this was way more painful and took way longer to recover from.Thank God it didn't hit me in the head, might have killed me.

Re: Silly injuries [Re: 7mag] #8005398 10/10/20 11:13 PM
C
CitySlickerHunter Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
C
I'm SCARED to ask ANY detail questions. I hope "the midget" wasn't hurt while you were doing this.
nuts

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith
10/30/2012 I VOTED for The American
Re: Silly injuries [Re: CitySlickerHunter] #8005425 10/10/20 11:44 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by CitySlickerHunter
I'm SCARED to ask ANY detail questions. I hope "the midget" wasn't hurt while you were doing this.
nuts

He may have been. grin

Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8005437 10/11/20 12:01 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
All I know is when pulling a transmission, take your time. Think things over. Look into the future a little. Just a little.

Ramps are great. Wheel chocks are nice to use and for gosh sakes, remember without a driveshaft, the vehicle that may or may not be on the ramps without chocks will NO longer remain in the parked position and roll your body like a rolling pin from your back, to front, back your back again and you’ll be in the way of the tire that really wants to roll over ya. By the time it stops on your chest, your ribs will be torn from your sternum. That’s when the clock starts on the year it takes to be comfortable enough to cough, sneeze, heck push a poot. Worst injury ever. Even the doc says “yeah they don’t make a cast for that” thanks doc.

I was in a hurry and 19. By far the dumbest thing I’ve ever done.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Silly injuries [Re: Bullfrog] #8005444 10/11/20 12:05 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
All I know is when pulling a transmission, take your time. Think things over. Look into the future a little. Just a little.

Ramps are great. Wheel chocks are nice to use and for gosh sakes, remember without a driveshaft, the vehicle that may or may not be on the ramps without chocks will NO longer remain in the parked position and roll your body like a rolling pin from your back, to front, back your back again and you’ll be in the way of the tire that really wants to roll over ya. By the time it stops on your chest, your ribs will be torn from your sternum. That’s when the clock starts on the year it takes to be comfortable enough to cough, sneeze, heck push a poot. Worst injury ever. Even the doc says “yeah they don’t make a cast for that” thanks doc.

I'm too old.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8005639 10/11/20 08:34 AM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Had pneumonia last winter.
Coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my side. Still hurts some.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Silly injuries [Re: Bullfrog] #8005739 10/11/20 01:30 PM
texasag93 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bullfrog

I did a lot of transmission work when I was a kid. WOW.

Re: Silly injuries [Re: Mr Squatch] #8005816 10/11/20 03:00 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Mr Squatch
I once shot a staple all the way through my finger and fingernail trying to staple a target to cardboard.

I got a 3' nail in the palm once while holding a board for a guy.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8005822 10/11/20 03:09 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
A friend when we were kids handcuffed a stray cat by the neck to the belt loop on his cutoffs with plastic handcuffs. There were a lot of injuries when they started trying to get away from each other.

Re: Silly injuries [Re: J.R.] #8005840 10/11/20 03:29 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I was working on a 1959 GMC 4104 bus. It had been sitting on stands for a few weeks. It was parked on a very slight incline.
I was laying up under the bus near the axle doing something, as a guy opened the front door and stepped inside.
That was all it took to make things start to move. I thought I felt some movement and looked at the jack stand and it was starting to tip. My reaction was instinctive as I rolled out from the under the bus instantly as it came crashing down. I barely made it as the tow hitch hit me in the back. But I had to keep on rolling as the bus was now rolling down the slope coming after me, about 30 feet. If finally settled to a stop as I laid there feeling lucky to be alive, the guy inside thought I was dead. I had a volleyball size bruise on my back from the hitch and was glad I didn't break any ribs. It hurt like heck when I sneezed or coughed for a few weeks.
I was 20 years old when that happen and for the next 30 years working on buses I never went under one that wasn't chocked and blocked.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide