Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Well here it is #7987746 09/25/20 01:17 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
So. I saw where don k had a few exotics that needed taken from his place. Prior to his thread about the two young axis I thought we had a deal on both axis and a couple of black buck does.

My wife hunts with me and we thought Hill Country COVID getaway and much needed venison as we haven’t taken anything in the last 4 yrs.

I didn’t bad mouth don in pm etc. everything imo was very civil and yes I thought we had it hashed out on dates which I gave him and he appeared ok with that. I even advised him I would send whatever deposit as I wanted to make sure he knew we were serious and no bs.

I took time off as well. All this thinking we had a deal. I could appreciate more a response such as “no I need them taken this weekend” or “ no I don’t want you out here”. Seriously fly straight and I’m ok with it. Word is everything with me and I have scratched a few off my list as you can see in my quote on one particular person last yr. Oh well best of luck gentlemen.

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7988124 09/25/20 06:09 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I am sorry you feel like I screwed you. I have a lot more on my plate than just you. You were wanting pictures of the cabin and the Axis. You did not give a deposit and I never said that they were yours to hunt. If someone says they will come that same day and take them I would be a fool for not letting them. There was no guarantee even if you had come in October they would have still been here. As for you taking off I don't see as that was possible being you did not want to come until October 10. So I am actually not upset that you are. Mav be it was best if you did not get to come.

Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7988575 09/26/20 01:42 AM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mag
So. I saw where don k had a few exotics that needed taken from his place. Prior to his thread about the two young axis I thought we had a deal on both axis and a couple of black buck does.

My wife hunts with me and we thought Hill Country COVID getaway and much needed venison as we haven’t taken anything in the last 4 yrs.

I didn’t bad mouth don in pm etc. everything imo was very civil and yes I thought we had it hashed out on dates which I gave him and he appeared ok with that. I even advised him I would send whatever deposit as I wanted to make sure he knew we were serious and no bs.

I took time off as well. All this thinking we had a deal. I could appreciate more a response such as “no I need them taken this weekend” or “ no I don’t want you out here”. Seriously fly straight and I’m ok with it. Word is everything with me and I have scratched a few off my list as you can see in my quote on one particular person last yr. Oh well best of luck gentlemen.

Anyone that has read a handful of his posts should be able to tell he is of questionable character.

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: Well here it is [Re: don k] #7988826 09/26/20 01:33 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by don k
I am sorry you feel like I screwed you. I have a lot more on my plate than just you. You were wanting pictures of the cabin and the Axis. You did not give a deposit and I never said that they were yours to hunt. If someone says they will come that same day and take them I would be a fool for not letting them. There was no guarantee even if you had come in October they would have still been here. As for you taking off I don't see as that was possible being you did not want to come until October 10. So I am actually not upset that you are. Mav be it was best if you did not get to come.

Guess you are correct Donald. But I thought it was a deal. As far as deposit yes I offered it. Thought asking for pics was reasonable as we just wanted to look at the deer.

Oh well best of luck you you Don.

[Linked Image]
Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7988875 09/26/20 02:32 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Don’t shoot the messenger. Just trying to help.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Well here it is [Re: Bullfrog] #7990598 09/28/20 12:41 PM
K
Kae006 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Would have sided with Don prior to reading that exchange. Sure looks like they had a deal going there.

Re: Well here it is [Re: Kae006] #7990667 09/28/20 01:46 PM
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Originally Posted by Kae006

Would have sided with Don prior to reading that exchange. Sure looks like they had a deal going there.

+1 Sure looks like they had a deal going there.

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.” - George Orwell
Re: Well here it is [Re: pertnear] #7990849 09/28/20 04:00 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by pertnear
Originally Posted by Kae006

+1 Sure looks like they had a deal going there.

X2

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7991039 09/28/20 06:41 PM
TenTenWhitetails Offline
Tracker
Tracker
That is unfortunate. I can understand both sides, but in my opinion it did look like you had a deal. When all that is left is to send pictures, confirm dates and receive deposit... the hunt is sold. If I talk deposits on specific animals, I consider them sold, unless hunter fails to send the money, then I will open them back up. Which does not seem to be the case.

I don't know Don personally, but he seems to be a stand up operation. Unfortunate that you guys couldn't make it work. Hopefully don't hold too much against him as it is hard to promise animals a month out when they can easily jump his fence.

Ten Ten Whitetails
Vanderpool, Texas
(830)688-3750
TenTenWhitetails@yahoo.com

Whitetail,Exotics,Turkey,Hog,Varmint,Predator Hunts- Lodging

415 HF/LF Acres.
Min. from Lost Maples State Park.

Darting services avail. Accepting new clients.
Re: Well here it is [Re: TenTenWhitetails] #7991658 09/29/20 03:03 AM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TenTenWhitetails
That is unfortunate. I can understand both sides, but in my opinion it did look like you had a deal. When all that is left is to send pictures, confirm dates and receive deposit... the hunt is sold. If I talk deposits on specific animals, I consider them sold, unless hunter fails to send the money, then I will open them back up. Which does not seem to be the case.

I don't know Don personally, but he seems to be a stand up operation. Unfortunate that you guys couldn't make it work. Hopefully don't hold too much against him as it is hard to promise animals a month out when they can easily jump his fence.

So I thought as well. I was good on my end I just can't fly on the Trump jet to get the deposit there as quickly as Donny may have wanted nor hunt them as quick as he then rear ended me with. It isn't a question of "guys making it work". I thought we had a deal but as one can see it didn't work. I felt somewhat relieved after I received a text from another member who stated Donny had done the same thing to him on a similiar axis hunt. Oh and I don't hold much against Donny business is business.

Tony Montana "All I have in the world is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for no one" THE END...........................................

[Linked Image]
Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7991936 09/29/20 01:13 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I was not going to respond to any of this but then decided to. I have been doing hunting on my property for a very long time. I have never cheated anyone out of any money. As far as I know everyone who has deal with me has been satisfied with the way they were threated up until now. I use to not even require a deposit on my hunts and still do not for some of my regular customers. Then it got old having people tell me they were going to be here a certain date and never show up or even call telling me to cancel the hunt. I have had numerous times people tell me they want to hunt a certain date and they would send a deposit and then never send it. So now my policy is that until I receive a deposit nothing is guaranteed. The gentleman in question said he wanted the Axis. Then he wanted pictures of the Deer and the Cabin. He wanted to hunt to be a couple of weeks from now. The Axis are not tame. They jumped in started tearing up my fence between myself and a neighbor. I needed them out of here. They may have been here 2 weeks from now but the chances are they would not. I had another gentleman tell me he could come that afternoon and hunt. He took the broken antlered one and the other one jumped the so called HF and went into the neighbors. If people don't like the way I do business that is fine. The solution is easy. Don't do any with me. Once a deposit is in my hands the deal is done. If something comes up and a person needs to cancel all they have to do is let me know a few days ahead of time and they will get their deposit back. I am not in this to make money as you can see by what I charge for the hunts. And by the way thanks from some of you "Arm Chair Quarterbacks" for throwing in your opinions. And as I said earlier. If you don't like the way I run my business don't hunt with me.

Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7991977 09/29/20 01:40 PM
C
CitySlickerHunter Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
C
7Mag for the win chicken

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith
10/30/2012 I VOTED for The American
Re: Well here it is [Re: CitySlickerHunter] #7992048 09/29/20 02:26 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
Originally Posted by CitySlickerHunter
7Mag for the win chicken

You are soooo dumb. LOL

Spend time with the ones you love. Time is not guaranteed.
Re: Well here it is [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #7992386 09/29/20 06:33 PM
C
Extreme Tracker
Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted by kwrhuntinglab
7Mag for the win chicken

You are soooo dumb. LOL

I'm guessing you are still a little HURT your "bromance" w/ 7Mag is on the rocks. There's still time for you 2 to reconcile. violin

Re: Well here it is [Re: CitySlickerHunter] #7992410 09/29/20 07:03 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
7Mag for the win chicken

You are soooo dumb. LOL

I'm guessing you are still a little HURT your "bromance" w/ 7Mag is on the rocks. There's still time for you 2 to reconcile. violin

I'm still hurt with you showing up to that dang hunt sicker than a dog and then getting us sick......Take your corona elsewhere. Better not show up sick on your hunt this year.

Re: Well here it is [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #7992747 09/29/20 11:39 PM
C
Extreme Tracker
Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
C
IS that the same hunt you sat in the house w/ 7Mag (while he was cooking for the group) and left HWYMAN outside cleaning pigs by himself? Wasn't that also the same weekend things started going south w/ your "bromance"?

Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7992799 09/30/20 12:34 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Got no skin here just a few statements, not directed at Don or any individual outfitter

I think when a guide offers a hunt, EVERYTHING included should be listed IN DETAIL on the hunt "package" being offered.

Clearly 7Mag was concerned for his wifes comfort during the hunt. I take my daughter on a hunt every year and I try to ask as many questions for her as I can.
1. Women like to Pee IN a REAL bathroom, not in an OUTHOUSE cuz the plumbing didn't get fixed
2. Mr. Customer, If you want a campfire BRING YOUR OWN WOOD !!!!! What is this an Indian Guide camping trip to Grady Spruce ??!!
3. Heat and air is nice. If we don't have it , TELL us, we'll book elsewhere.
4. Is there a campfire? Is there a coffee maker???.
5. Is there a TV ??? Yes, women like TV,

Guys just need beer and a couch

I like to be comfortable when I go on a hunt and if I'm paying $3,000++++ I want ALL the creature comforts. I want a coffee machine, full kitchen!!

if vmeals are not included and if I'm doing the cooking, I like the proper utensils and like to know it. How do I know what to bring???

fire wood already cut and stacked by the pit for the guests

I've been on leases since I was 17 when they cost $500-$750 for 5,000 acres. I've slept on the ground, back of a Suburban, with NO water or electricity. AND HAD A BLAST

NOT at 68 and almost handicap

Unfortunately, Its buyer beware on package hunts, Do your due diligence, ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS you can think of. Ask for references.confirm, confirm, confirm

Oh, yes these outfitters "guides" don't communicate worth a chit, tell them your expectations when you get to your hunt, who guts, skins and quarters my game, if it's on me, tell me, ,,,,don't expect a tip for sitting in a deer blind breathing your alcohol/cigarette breath on me for 4 hours....

damm, i guess i need to take up golf and go to the resorts

but i still like killin chit and being in the outdoors

yes, i've been burned by two different "outfitters" . One doesn't even post here anymore, one still does but I don't think they offer hunts anymore.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Well here it is [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #7992910 09/30/20 01:56 AM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
7Mag for the win chicken

You are soooo dumb. LOL

I'm still hurt with you showing up to that dang hunt sicker than a dog and then getting us sick......Take your corona elsewhere. Better not show up sick on your hunt this year.

awwwwwwwww [censored]!!!!!!!!!!! Is Big Mike on a doe hunt at Trents???? bolt

[Linked Image]
Re: Well here it is [Re: Buzzsaw] #7993327 09/30/20 01:15 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Got no skin here just a few statements, not directed at Don or any individual outfitter

I think when a guide offers a hunt, EVERYTHING included should be listed IN DETAIL on the hunt "package" being offered.

Clearly 7Mag was concerned for his wifes comfort during the hunt. I take my daughter on a hunt every year and I try to ask as many questions for her as I can.
1. Women like to Pee IN a REAL bathroom, not in an OUTHOUSE cuz the plumbing didn't get fixed
2. Mr. Customer, If you want a campfire BRING YOUR OWN WOOD !!!!! What is this an Indian Guide camping trip to Grady Spruce ??!!
3. Heat and air is nice. If we don't have it , TELL us, we'll book elsewhere.
4. Is there a campfire? Is there a coffee maker???.
5. Is there a TV ??? Yes, women like TV,

Guys just need beer and a couch

I like to be comfortable when I go on a hunt and if I'm paying $3,000++++ I want ALL the creature comforts. I want a coffee machine, full kitchen!!

if vmeals are not included and if I'm doing the cooking, I like the proper utensils and like to know it. How do I know what to bring???

fire wood already cut and stacked by the pit for the guests

I've been on leases since I was 17 when they cost $500-$750 for 5,000 acres. I've slept on the ground, back of a Suburban, with NO water or electricity. AND HAD A BLAST

NOT at 68 and almost handicap

Unfortunately, Its buyer beware on package hunts, Do your due diligence, ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS you can think of. Ask for references.confirm, confirm, confirm

Oh, yes these outfitters "guides" don't communicate worth a chit, tell them your expectations when you get to your hunt, who guts, skins and quarters my game, if it's on me, tell me, ,,,,don't expect a tip for sitting in a deer blind breathing your alcohol/cigarette breath on me for 4 hours....

damm, i guess i need to take up golf and go to the resorts

but i still like killin chit and being in the outdoors

yes, i've been burned by two different "outfitters" . One doesn't even post here anymore, one still does but I don't think they offer hunts anymore.

I could not have said it better...I'm 70 and agree with everything you said. My wife and I hunt together, so I am always paying for two hunts when I go.
Been burned twice myself by guides, but once it was not hunting, but a float fishing trip in New Mexico. But the thought of golf or resorts have never crossed my mind.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7993524 09/30/20 04:06 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Looks like Don's idea of a deal is different than mine. I'd have to side with 7mag on this one.

Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7993526 09/30/20 04:07 PM
B
Bigcat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
"Oh, yes these outfitters "guides" don't communicate worth a chit"

Some try. The reason it seems that way is they have to deal with 10 tire kickers for every real or serious hunter. And they don't know who the tire kickers are until they simply don't book late in the game. Do you have any idea how many PM's, e-mails, and texts that equates to?

So, unfortunately sometimes the one that is serious doesn't get updated enough. If you notice lately outfitters don't even reply to "looking for a meat hunt" threads.

And saying exactly what's included in every hunt would be impossible. Every hunter is different. I try to ask what they like or want, like extra firewood or night vision etc. Sometimes the hunter needs to do some thinking and then speak up.

To me it looks like this was really neither guys fault 100%. Do you "sell" a wild axis or do you sell a hunt for a wild axis?

Re: Well here it is [Re: CitySlickerHunter] #7993599 09/30/20 05:03 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
IS that the same hunt you sat in the house w/ 7Mag (while he was cooking for the group) and left HWYMAN outside cleaning pigs by himself? Wasn't that also the same weekend things started going south w/ your "bromance"?

Seems like your the one with the bromance going on.....i am sure that Roy loves you for that....I'm pretty sure that I have the pics of ME out there skinning and cutting up with Mike... but you wouldn't know since you were in the house puking your guts out.....

Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7993601 09/30/20 05:05 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"

[/quote]
I'm guessing you are still a little HURT your "bromance" w/ 7Mag is on the rocks. There's still time for you 2 to reconcile. violin[/quote]

I'm still hurt with you showing up to that dang hunt sicker than a dog and then getting us sick......Take your corona elsewhere. Better not show up sick on your hunt this year. [/quote]

awwwwwwwww [censored]!!!!!!!!!!! Is Big Mike on a doe hunt at Trents???? bolt[/quote]

Yes!!!!
salute

Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7993607 09/30/20 05:09 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
This thread went south. rofl

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Well here it is [Re: 7mag] #7993672 09/30/20 06:03 PM
C
Extreme Tracker
Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
C
[

Yes!!!!
salute[/quote]
LMAO