Forums46
Topics537,992
Posts9,731,458
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: 1860.colt] #7992506 09/29/20 08:44 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by colt.45
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Originally Posted by Tbar
Hunting from a vehicle......

While on a road.

Nope, no one was hunting from a vehicle, and we were not on a road. I was transporting hunters from one area to another on 120 acres. I left the gate unlocked and they drove into the property. Yes I understand they can do that, they've just never done it before.

I did figure the hunting from a vehicle thing was going to come up though, and I was prepared to defend against that, since no one was hunting from a vehicle but that was never brought up.

confused2
[Linked Image]

Private land vs public land..
On public land, even riding an ATV, gun is suppose ta be unloaded...
flag

Yep, I understand that. It's totally legal on private property though. When I'm dove hunting and moving from area to area my shotgun always stays loaded in my lap for shooting rabbits and ring necked dove (non-game animals), which is legal.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: AMF] #7992551 09/29/20 09:18 PM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Duke107
Very simple. Most people are stupid. And stupid people don't know they're stupid. They think they're just as smart as everybody else.

^^^^

Exactly.

It's much like being DEAD:

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid"

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: skinnerback] #7992576 09/29/20 09:33 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
He was the most nervous Warden I've ever seen. Lord have mercy. For some reason I guess I made him nervous.

Face it Skinner... your just one big ol' intimidating scary SOB. roflmao roflmao roflmao

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: dkershen] #7992580 09/29/20 09:35 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by dkershen
He was the most nervous Warden I've ever seen. Lord have mercy. For some reason I guess I made him nervous.

Face it Skinner... your just one big ol' intimidating scary SOB. roflmao roflmao roflmao

C'mon, I ain't GUTTIT. roflmao

The whole time he kept me sitting there, he kept looking at me from his truck. Over & again. Figured maybe they were running me, which they probably did. It was a strange encounter. Normally I'm checked and done within a couple minutes. Look at license and check the plug in my gun, check my birds, ask a few questions, shake hands and done. Why he held my license for so long and kept eyeballing me is beyond me.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: AMF] #7992586 09/29/20 09:40 PM
A
Arby911 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
A
Originally Posted by Duke107
Very simple. Most people are stupid. And stupid people don't know they're stupid. They think they're just as smart as everybody else.

Smarter usually, look up "Dunning-Kruger Effect".

I try to remember that every time I get a little too convinced of my own facts...

Edit: I see it was mentioned earlier. Oh well, bears repeating...

Last edited by Arby911; 09/29/20 09:47 PM.
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7992599 09/29/20 09:48 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I know a bunch of deer hunters that believe if they see a big buck on their land or lease that the buck BELONGS to them and they get outright pissed off if somebody else shoots it on another property or another part of the lease (another lease holder). So the game laws don't apparently apply. They 'own' the deer.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: skinnerback] #7992660 09/29/20 10:45 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M

The whole time he kept me sitting there, he kept looking at me from his truck. Over & again. Figured maybe they were running me, which they probably did. It was a strange encounter. Normally I'm checked and done within a couple minutes. Look at license and check the plug in my gun, check my birds, ask a few questions, shake hands and done. Why he held my license for so long and kept eyeballing me is beyond me.

He immediately saw on license you were one of those sketchy pilgrims from Crackport....guilty until proven innocent

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: majekman] #7992668 09/29/20 10:51 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by majekman

He immediately saw on license you were one of those sketchy pilgrims from Crackport....guilty until proven innocent

clap Probly so. I am the only one out of all of us who was asked "where are you from?"

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7992866 09/30/20 01:24 AM
llbts1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker

I wonder what he would have said if you had asked him if you could go hunt while he checked you out? Probably not, but at least he would know that he was holding you up.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: skinnerback] #7992882 09/30/20 01:35 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Grizz
Weekend before last we got checked dove hunting two days in a row, on two separate properties. In over 25 yrs I have never been checked two days in a row here. The second check did aggravate me a little bit, for the first time ever. I was driving a Polaris Crew UTV with a high rack on it full of people on private property. Was moving folks from one area to another, pulling up behind a pond about to hunt but got intercepted. OK. Checked me first like always, and young Warden took my license. I have been checked A LOT between hunting & fishing in my life, and no Warden has ever kept my license before. Asked if anyone had been shooting pistols on our property, he saw the 22 pistol I was carrying on my hip. I answered him no Sir but what if I was shooting this pistol?? Asked him if there was some sort of complaint about pistol fire crossing fences or disturbing someone? He may have a legitimate reason to ask a question like that after all. No answer, he was nervous I could tell. Ok I see that and I get it, everyone starts somewhere. Young man didn't know that I have his back. I support our Game Wardens 100 % but I could tell these two young men had been watching a lot of Lone Star Law. What aggravated me was the way he took my license first, but gave it back to me last. Everyone else riding got their credentials back and was free to go hunt. It was prime time and the birds were flying. I asked the young Warden, " Sir, you've had my license for a while now is everything OK? The birds are flying right now and I am missing out on my evening hunt". His response was " Yes Sir, I'll give your license back to you when I'm finished". 30-40 minutes this went on, by the time I got my license back legal shooting light was over and my evening hunt was done.

I was never a smart azz, just asked a legitimate question respectfully. The fact that he kept me sitting there for over half an hour watching birds fly over my head aggravated the [censored] out of me. I have a clean record, am legal and stay that way. Thanks for blowing my evening hunt, Sir.

The gates will stay locked from here on out if you're going to act that way.

You should've told him you were on private property so game laws don't apply. It just might work if you're confident enough in your argument. roflmao

grin We know it doesn't work that way Sir, my bitch was the way this stop was conducted. My BIL said that I got profiled for having a beard, maybe he was right. Maybe I should shave my covid beard.

But seriously, c'mon man. This young man walked quick up to me while I was trying to unload my gun for him so that I could hand him a cleared unloaded weapon. I racked the first shell out and he grabbed my gun by the barrel. That was a weird moment for me. Don't touch my gun or my woman unless I give you permission. WTF.

He said "I'll take your gun, I'll take your gun. I need to check it". I said "Sir, I'm trying to unload it for you". He was the most nervous Warden I've ever seen. Lord have mercy. For some reason I guess I made him nervous.

Just giving you a little crap. smile

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: aerangis] #7992912 09/30/20 01:57 AM
C
Chopperdrvr Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted by aerangis
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by Sneaky

That’s a thought I had, as well, so I asked. Nope. He told me they can hunt year-round. Alright, maybe he’s talking about exotics? They do that, but he said they can hunt whitetail year-round because it’s private property.

Deep East Texas? grin bolt

Some places in East Texas is about as close as you can get to a Deliverance moment without being in Northern Georgia grin

If I was a GW, there's places in Texas that would make me extremely nervous. I'd be puckered up good and tight.

You don't have to be a GW to get puckered when traveling in the wrong areas in Deep East TX

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7992937 09/30/20 02:18 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Skinner you can always make a thoughtful, respectful complaint with the agency. Might be a good coaching opportunity for the young officers.

To be determined
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Tbar] #7992947 09/30/20 02:26 AM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

?

While on private property.

Make America Great Again

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Grizz] #7993032 09/30/20 03:12 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Weekend before last we got checked dove hunting two days in a row, on two separate properties. In over 25 yrs I have never been checked two days in a row here. The second check did aggravate me a little bit, for the first time ever. I was driving a Polaris Crew UTV with a high rack on it full of people on private property. Was moving folks from one area to another, pulling up behind a pond about to hunt but got intercepted. OK. Checked me first like always, and young Warden took my license. I have been checked A LOT between hunting & fishing in my life, and no Warden has ever kept my license before. Asked if anyone had been shooting pistols on our property, he saw the 22 pistol I was carrying on my hip. I answered him no Sir but what if I was shooting this pistol?? Asked him if there was some sort of complaint about pistol fire crossing fences or disturbing someone? He may have a legitimate reason to ask a question like that after all. No answer, he was nervous I could tell. Ok I see that and I get it, everyone starts somewhere. Young man didn't know that I have his back. I support our Game Wardens 100 % but I could tell these two young men had been watching a lot of Lone Star Law. What aggravated me was the way he took my license first, but gave it back to me last. Everyone else riding got their credentials back and was free to go hunt. It was prime time and the birds were flying. I asked the young Warden, " Sir, you've had my license for a while now is everything OK? The birds are flying right now and I am missing out on my evening hunt". His response was " Yes Sir, I'll give your license back to you when I'm finished". 30-40 minutes this went on, by the time I got my license back legal shooting light was over and my evening hunt was done.

I was never a smart azz, just asked a legitimate question respectfully. The fact that he kept me sitting there for over half an hour watching birds fly over my head aggravated the [censored] out of me. I have a clean record, am legal and stay that way. Thanks for blowing my evening hunt, Sir.

You should've told him you were on private property so game laws don't apply. It just might work if you're confident enough in your argument. roflmao

grin We know it doesn't work that way Sir, my bitch was the way this stop was conducted. My BIL said that I got profiled for having a beard, maybe he was right. Maybe I should shave my covid beard.

But seriously, c'mon man. This young man walked quick up to me while I was trying to unload my gun for him so that I could hand him a cleared unloaded weapon. I racked the first shell out and he grabbed my gun by the barrel. That was a weird moment for me. Don't touch my gun or my woman unless I give you permission. WTF.

He said "I'll take your gun, I'll take your gun. I need to check it". I said "Sir, I'm trying to unload it for you". He was the most nervous Warden I've ever seen. Lord have mercy. For some reason I guess I made him nervous.

Just giving you a little crap. smile

I know Sir.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: TurkeyHunter] #7993067 09/30/20 03:32 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Skinner you can always make a thoughtful, respectful complaint with the agency. Might be a good coaching opportunity for the young officers.

I know Sir. If it happens again I will. I was a young supervisor once and made some mistakes that I learned from myself, I understand. I like to keep the drama low if possible. These men were young and handled things differently than what I'm used to. They will be back. Hopefully they chill out, if not I will file a formal complaint if it comes to that. That's not my style, but I don't like being jacked with like that either.

The gates will be locked going forward. After this encounter they're going to have to walk in to check us, or risk cutting the lock and entering to check potential hunters. It's a shame, I've always believed in leaving the door open to Game Wardens.

He kept me sitting there for over 30 minutes for no reason while the birds were flying. That was stupid. There was no need for that.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Tbar] #7993144 09/30/20 09:47 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

?

Right. What about it?

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7993156 09/30/20 10:46 AM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

?

Right. What about it?

Game laws that don’t apply to private property.

Make America Great Again

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: skinnerback] #7993674 09/30/20 06:05 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I would have told him to set it on the UTV when he was done with it and started shooting. up

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Tbar] #7993706 09/30/20 06:44 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

?

Right. What about it?

Game laws that don’t apply to private property.

Gotcha.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide