Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Game laws don’t apply to private property. #7991462 09/29/20 01:05 AM
S
Sneaky Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
How is it possible that people still believe this?

And I mean believe it to the point of actually practicing it on whitetail in Texas.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991470 09/29/20 01:09 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Outside of Texas I hear it a lot, inside Texas not so much. Most states have a much lessor judicial system on wildlife laws

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991471 09/29/20 01:09 AM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Are you talking about for the landowner or lease hunters? Or is it just 100% sarcasm?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991472 09/29/20 01:09 AM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Originally Posted by Sneaky
How is it possible that people still believe this?

And I mean believe it to the point of actually practicing it on whitetail in Texas.

Idiots that think they are above the law.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991477 09/29/20 01:11 AM
A
AMF Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Very simple. Most people are stupid. And stupid people don't know they're stupid. They think they're just as smart as everybody else.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991629 09/29/20 02:38 AM
Y
Yeti88 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Y
They just talk to people that think the same as them so at no point is their an opening for them to be corrected.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991642 09/29/20 02:48 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Some of it is partially true for fishing in your private tank. But hunting is different in that game animals belong to the people/state. That is I believe unless you have a special permit for raising deer like livestock. Correct?

Game Wardens like visiting people mentioned in the original post.

To be determined
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: freerange] #7991661 09/29/20 03:05 AM
S
Sneaky Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by freerange
Are you talking about for the landowner or lease hunters? Or is it just 100% sarcasm?

For serious. In this case, it’s a landowner.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: AMF] #7991662 09/29/20 03:05 AM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Duke107
Very simple. Most people are stupid. And stupid people don't know they're stupid. They think they're just as smart as everybody else.

The formal term is the Dunning-Krueger effect.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991687 09/29/20 03:27 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Tell us the circumstances popcorn

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991691 09/29/20 03:31 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Weekend before last we got checked dove hunting two days in a row, on two separate properties. In over 25 yrs I have never been checked two days in a row here. The second check did aggravate me a little bit, for the first time ever. I was driving a Polaris Crew UTV with a high rack on it full of people on private property. Was moving folks from one area to another, pulling up behind a pond about to hunt but got intercepted. OK. Checked me first like always, and young Warden took my license. I have been checked A LOT between hunting & fishing in my life, and no Warden has ever kept my license before. Asked if anyone had been shooting pistols on our property, he saw the 22 pistol I was carrying on my hip. I answered him no Sir but what if I was shooting this pistol?? Asked him if there was some sort of complaint about pistol fire crossing fences or disturbing someone? He may have a legitimate reason to ask a question like that after all. No answer, he was nervous I could tell. Ok I see that and I get it, everyone starts somewhere. Young man didn't know that I have his back. I support our Game Wardens 100 % but I could tell these two young men had been watching a lot of Lone Star Law. What aggravated me was the way he took my license first, but gave it back to me last. Everyone else riding got their credentials back and was free to go hunt. It was prime time and the birds were flying. I asked the young Warden, " Sir, you've had my license for a while now is everything OK? The birds are flying right now and I am missing out on my evening hunt". His response was " Yes Sir, I'll give your license back to you when I'm finished". 30-40 minutes this went on, by the time I got my license back legal shooting light was over and my evening hunt was done.

I was never a smart azz, just asked a legitimate question respectfully. The fact that he kept me sitting there for over half an hour watching birds fly over my head aggravated the [censored] out of me. I have a clean record, am legal and stay that way. Thanks for blowing my evening hunt, Sir.

The gates will stay locked from here on out if you're going to act that way.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: skinnerback] #7991702 09/29/20 03:41 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Weekend before last we got checked dove hunting two days in a row, on two separate properties. In over 25 yrs I have never been checked two days in a row here. The second check did aggravate me a little bit, for the first time ever. I was driving a Polaris Crew UTV with a high rack on it full of people on private property. Was moving folks from one area to another, pulling up behind a pond about to hunt but got intercepted. OK. Checked me first like always, and young Warden took my license. I have been checked A LOT between hunting & fishing in my life, and no Warden has ever kept my license before. Asked if anyone had been shooting pistols on our property, he saw the 22 pistol I was carrying on my hip. I answered him no Sir but what if I was shooting this pistol?? Asked him if there was some sort of complaint about pistol fire crossing fences or disturbing someone? He may have a legitimate reason to ask a question like that after all. No answer, he was nervous I could tell. Ok I see that and I get it, everyone starts somewhere. Young man didn't know that I have his back. I support our Game Wardens 100 % but I could tell these two young men had been watching a lot of Lone Star Law. What aggravated me was the way he took my license first, but gave it back to me last. Everyone else riding got their credentials back and was free to go hunt. It was prime time and the birds were flying. I asked the young Warden, " Sir, you've had my license for a while now is everything OK? The birds are flying right now and I am missing out on my evening hunt". His response was " Yes Sir, I'll give your license back to you when I'm finished". 30-40 minutes this went on, by the time I got my license back legal shooting light was over and my evening hunt was done.

I was never a smart azz, just asked a legitimate question respectfully. The fact that he kept me sitting there for over half an hour watching birds fly over my head aggravated the [censored] out of me. I have a clean record, am legal and stay that way. Thanks for blowing my evening hunt, Sir.

Way to derail a thread roflmao

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: ntxtrapper] #7991703 09/29/20 03:43 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
That's my job Sir. grin

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: TurkeyHunter] #7991705 09/29/20 03:44 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Some of it is partially true for fishing in your private tank. But hunting is different in that game animals belong to the people/state. That is I believe unless you have a special permit for raising deer like livestock. Correct?

Yes, sometimes people believe laws that apply in one situation also apply in others. I could see people doing this with laws that apply to hunting non-native animals on private land and thinking they must also apply to native animals.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 09/29/20 03:44 AM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: skinnerback] #7991706 09/29/20 03:44 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
Skinner, yea, you know my stance on GWs and that was BS. You did the right thing as I knew you would. Still is not right but whatever. We live to see another day.

[Linked Image]
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: skinnerback] #7991707 09/29/20 03:47 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

You should've told him you were on private property so game laws don't apply. It just might work if you're confident enough in your argument. roflmao

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Grizz] #7991718 09/29/20 04:04 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Grizz

You should've told him you were on private property so game laws don't apply. It just might work if you're confident enough in your argument. roflmao

grin We know it doesn't work that way Sir, my bitch was the way this stop was conducted. My BIL said that I got profiled for having a beard, maybe he was right. Maybe I should shave my covid beard.

But seriously, c'mon man. This young man walked quick up to me while I was trying to unload my gun for him so that I could hand him a cleared unloaded weapon. I racked the first shell out and he grabbed my gun by the barrel. That was a weird moment for me. Don't touch my gun or my woman unless I give you permission. WTF.

He said "I'll take your gun, I'll take your gun. I need to check it". I said "Sir, I'm trying to unload it for you". He was the most nervous Warden I've ever seen. Lord have mercy. For some reason I guess I made him nervous.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991719 09/29/20 04:04 AM
S
Sneaky Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
That’s true. Confidence is key.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: ntxtrapper] #7991721 09/29/20 04:09 AM
S
Sneaky Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Tell us the circumstances popcorn

I don’t know the full extent of it, but some young man and his dad seem to believe this to be true. A good buddy of mine told me that this kid offered to take him hunting. I’ve tried to get him on his first deer, but it hasn’t worked out. I got the impression this was happening rather soon, and I know he doesn’t bowhunt. When I told him that he has until November, that’s when we got into detail about what was what. He had an idea the kid was off, but he didn’t know just how far.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: skinnerback] #7991723 09/29/20 04:13 AM
S
Sneaky Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S

grin We know it doesn't work that way Sir, my bitch was the way this stop was conducted. My BIL said that I got profiled for having a beard, maybe he was right. Maybe I should shave my covid beard.

But seriously, c'mon man. This young man walked quick up to me while I was trying to unload my gun for him so that I could hand him a cleared unloaded weapon. I racked the first shell out and he grabbed my gun by the barrel. That was a weird moment for me. Don't touch my gun or my woman unless I give you permission. WTF.

He said "I'll take your gun, I'll take your gun. I need to check it". I said "Sir, I'm trying to unload it for you". He was the most nervous Warden I've ever seen. Lord have mercy. For some reason I guess I made him nervous.

Nope. Not okay. Maybe he’ll level off with time, but for now, I’d say some more training is called for.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991747 09/29/20 04:55 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Nope. Not okay. Maybe he’ll level off with time, but for now, I’d say some more training is called for.

Have to agree with you. I've had a lot of encounters with Game Wardens in my life, but have never had contact quite like this. I thought about calling a few well seasoned Game Wardens that I know, but to me that is drama so not gonna do it unless it happens again.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991752 09/29/20 05:33 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I’ve never understood what the difference was between high fence deer laws and high fenced fishing laws.

To me, if you high fence your property, then you are not allowing state game animals (white tails in this instance) to enter or leave. Same as private fishing lakes/ponds. So therefore, at some point, those white tails no longer belong to the state.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: skinnerback] #7991781 09/29/20 10:22 AM
D
Dodge_Rock Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Those two will be back. It's not too late to call their superior officers just to let them know what happened, and that you will not pursue any further. Nothing will come of it, except they might leave you alone. Not everyone has the courage or wisdom to be a warden. The ones I've met have both.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991820 09/29/20 11:27 AM
J
jhenderson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
My understanding in Oklahoma to high fence a property you have to make sure all game animals are gone. So technically then you would own what’s there because you bought it and game laws wouldn’t apply the same way. I don’t think Texas works that way but I’ve been wrong before.

Re: Game laws don’t apply to private property. [Re: Sneaky] #7991864 09/29/20 12:02 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I know a family that owns some land that belly aches about it. Stating it's wrong that they should own them etc.
Even migratory birds..... They would never act on those beliefs.

What's funny is they are also liberal. Now what a minute I don't own my money but you own a migrating dove? roflmao

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide