Forums46
Topics537,975
Posts9,731,273
Members87,052
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: FM and Ranch Road passing lanes [Re: Creekrunner] #7991203 09/28/20 09:19 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
She was fine, but of course they rode her butt the whole 14 miles.

There's at least five or six passing zones between here and there and it's a very low traffic road.
One thing I've noticed is that passing lanes are usually uphill. If the truck was a gasser and the trailer was loaded, they may not have had enough torque to get around her. But that's still no excuse for ridin' her butt.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: FM and Ranch Road passing lanes [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7991324 09/28/20 11:15 PM
Jon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Man there are some passing lanes on 90 west of Uvalde that are a joke, by the time the vehicle gets over you don't even have time to smash the peddle down to make a pass.

There’s lot’s of them like that around. If you know where they’re at, the trick is to back off a ways before you get there.
Then you hammer down at the right time and get up a good head of steam so you can fly past them just when the lane opens up. Got to be ready to do a quick brake in case they are too stupid to move to the right lane. If they’re looking in their mirror at all they’ll get right on over.

Re: FM and Ranch Road passing lanes [Re: Creekrunner] #7991339 09/28/20 11:24 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
When there is a shoulder, and a gentleman or lady moves into it to let me pass, I always wave in the back window "thanks". It's a common courtesy that is being forgotten.

The road on which this occurred has no shoulder, and it's dam dangerous in many places to pull off.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: FM and Ranch Road passing lanes [Re: Creekrunner] #7991342 09/28/20 11:26 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
When there is a shoulder, and a gentleman or lady moves into it to let me pass, I always wave in the back window "thanks". It's a common courtesy that is being forgotten.

The road on which this occurred has no shoulder, and it's dam dangerous in many places to pull off.

So probably not real easy to pass someone while pulling a trailer

Re: FM and Ranch Road passing lanes [Re: Dustnsand] #7991353 09/28/20 11:33 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by z71dustin

So you need a shoulder on the left-hand side of the road too, in a designated passing zone, for you to have the courage to pass with a trailer? confused2 Okay, got it now. rolleyes

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: FM and Ranch Road passing lanes [Re: hook_n_line] #7991371 09/28/20 11:51 PM
A
AMF Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Originally Posted by booskay
I used to drive to Port Aransas from Temple all the time. ----------- I dont know exactly why,but once you got South of I-10, EVERY driver that you would come up on from behind would pull over on the shoulder to let you pass. After passing, I flash my emergency lights as a thank- you. Made the trip a lot easier.

Nobody in south Texas is in a hurry unless your a tourist.

Dammif datso!

Re: FM and Ranch Road passing lanes [Re: Creekrunner] #7991491 09/29/20 01:19 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

So you need a shoulder on the left-hand side of the road too, in a designated passing zone, for you to have the courage to pass with a trailer? confused2 Okay, got it now. rolleyes

You said it is a dangerous road so I would assume it isn't a road with long straight stretches to pass which someone could need while pulling a trailer. I realize you are offended by these horrible people but I never said anything about a shoulder on the left so not sure what that was about?

Re: FM and Ranch Road passing lanes [Re: Dustnsand] #7991598 09/29/20 02:15 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

It was a Ford. The trailer is an afterthought and a moot point.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide