Page 1 of 2 1 2
Graham, TX #7962854 09/06/20 02:25 AM
H
HogNut Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Just started leasing just outside of Graham in Young County. We have tried Brothers BBQ which was great, anyone have any suggestions of other good spots with a good bar?

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7962927 09/06/20 03:49 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Rocking S is decent, heard the pool hall next to the Whaturburger has great burgers. The Dis Chiles has a bar.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7963029 09/06/20 01:13 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Dinner Bell for breakfast and dinner
Fox Hollow best catfish and cold beer for supper
all our Mexican food places suck
check the little trailers around for good street tacos

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7963030 09/06/20 01:18 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Neri’s on the square has a bar and good food.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: DQ Kid] #7963092 09/06/20 03:06 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Rocking S is decent, heard the pool hall next to the Whaturburger has great burgers. The Dis Chiles has a bar.

Rocking S is closed for remodeling not sure when they will open back up.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: snake oil] #7963426 09/06/20 09:57 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I've been hunting around Graham for 13 years. Granted I did not eat there last year but I've always liked Mi Familia...I certainly never thought it sucked. Now as for the "Mexican" food you find strangely at almost every restaurant/cafe in the region that ISN"T a Mexican Food restaurant - I'd have to agree.

I do enjoy the other places mentioned. Out at PK I must say I love the prime rib at Possom Hollow, didn't know there was a Fox Hollow too - will have to look into that. I'm usually pleased after having a steak at Wildcatter. If I'm wanting nothing but a good burger and root beer you can't beat KN. I do frequent Rockin S alot also. I miss Sandersons something bad...that place that is there now, well it isn't Sandersons...sometimes I hunt a little late for hogs, if KN is closed and I'm wanting a burger I go to Dairy King...it's ok but not as good as KN Root Beer.

I never have tried the food trailers/trucks. Will have to give them a try.

Originally Posted by snake oil

Last edited by Earl; 09/06/20 10:15 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7964968 09/08/20 04:12 AM
M
MRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
The Prickly Patch in Ivan good food and a bar, about 15 miles south of Graham on 67 in bustling Ivan Tx. Open Wednesday thru Saturday usually have live music on Saturday

Re: Graham, TX [Re: MRR] #7965065 09/08/20 12:12 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by MRR
The Prickly Patch in Ivan good food and a bar, about 15 miles south of Graham on 67 in bustling Ivan Tx. Open Wednesday thru Saturday usually have live music on Saturday

Agree and Karen Pratt cooks a great lunch at South Bend. Small café on SW side 67 right before South Bend.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7965071 09/08/20 12:20 PM
P
Pigsicles Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
P
Prickly Patch is very good with cold beer and really nice folks.
Hungry Fox at Fox Hollow has some of the best catfish I have ever had.

Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Re: Graham, TX [Re: scalebuster] #7965374 09/08/20 04:35 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by scalebuster
Neri’s on the square has a bar and good food.

Neri's in Downtown Jacksboro is good too

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7965505 09/08/20 05:54 PM
N
newbraunfelsraider Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Oh how I miss Flo's Mountain Burgers, Sonny's chopped beef sandwich (chopped in front of you, while you wait), or a chicken fried steak from Pollards or Margeriett's buffet, catfish from Strykers or Bullocks Cafe.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7969562 09/11/20 12:35 PM
B
bobcat1 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I miss Bullocks every time I drive by there. I like Mi Familia pretty good. The pool hall has a great burger.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Graham, TX [Re: Earl] #7969657 09/11/20 01:48 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Earl
I've been hunting around Graham for 13 years. Granted I did not eat there last year but I've always liked Mi Familia...I certainly never thought it sucked. Now as for the "Mexican" food you find strangely at almost every restaurant/cafe in the region that ISN"T a Mexican Food restaurant - I'd have to agree.

I do enjoy the other places mentioned. Out at PK I must say I love the prime rib at Possom Hollow, didn't know there was a Fox Hollow too - will have to look into that. I'm usually pleased after having a steak at Wildcatter. If I'm wanting nothing but a good burger and root beer you can't beat KN. I do frequent Rockin S alot also. I miss Sandersons something bad...that place that is there now, well it isn't Sandersons...sometimes I hunt a little late for hogs, if KN is closed and I'm wanting a burger I go to Dairy King...it's ok but not as good as KN Root Beer.

Didn't know KN still existed, they have been gone from here for decades. That frosted mug of root beer was mighty good. I had my first burrito there, didn't even know what they were.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: fmrmbmlm] #7969862 09/11/20 03:46 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted by fmrmbmlm

Didn't know KN still existed, they have been gone from here for decades. That frosted mug of root beer was mighty good. I had my first burrito there, didn't even know what they were.

I believe it has recently changed hands, but still the same place. They have a few more offerings on the menu now though.

[Linked Image]
Re: Graham, TX [Re: jrfan] #7973861 09/14/20 10:36 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
But still the same frosted mug of root beer! I get that and the Texas Burger and I'm a happy guy. Earl

Originally Posted by jrfan
Originally Posted by fmrmbmlm

I believe it has recently changed hands, but still the same place. They have a few more offerings on the menu now though.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7974211 09/15/20 03:26 AM
H
HogNut Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Thanks everyone!

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
Re: Graham, TX [Re: newbraunfelsraider] #7987474 09/25/20 03:07 AM
H
huntingbig8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by newbraunfelsraider
Oh how I miss Flo's Mountain Burgers, Sonny's chopped beef sandwich (chopped in front of you, while you wait), or a chicken fried steak from Pollards or Margeriett's buffet, catfish from Strykers or Bullocks Cafe.

These are only known by someone that grew up here... Flo's cop burger probably caused me high cholesterol as a kid and the puffs at Strykers! damn I spent a lot of lunch $ on them.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: huntingbig8] #7988375 09/25/20 10:50 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
HuntingBig8, since you live there. What happened to Foy's? That place I know was there for years and years. One of my lease partners grew up in Graham and mentioned the family being there when he lived there long ago. I used to get a steak there once or twice a deer season. Another place gone I liked. Earl

Last edited by Earl; 09/25/20 10:51 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7988788 09/26/20 12:45 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Earl I think Foy's is know Downhome Restaurant or something great breakfast and very reasonable.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: snake oil] #7989571 09/27/20 02:58 AM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
thanks, I may have to give it a try. The last year or two I couldn't tell if there was something in their location or not - just knew it wasn't Foys smile (that place never did have great signage or lighting).

Earl I think Foy's is know Downhome Restaurant or something great breakfast and very reasonable.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Graham, TX [Re: Earl] #7989604 09/27/20 03:45 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
thanks, I may have to give it a try. The last year or two I couldn't tell if there was something in their location or not - just knew it wasn't Foys smile (that place never did have great signage or lighting).

I took the family there for breakfast after my boys ballgames this morning. It was great.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: scalebuster] #7989712 09/27/20 01:05 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

I took the family there for breakfast after my boys ballgames this morning. It was great.

I was in there yesterday morning by myself. Friend of mine and his older daughter came in when I left. scalebuster pm your name and I'll pm mine we might know each other.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: snake oil] #7989739 09/27/20 01:46 PM
B
bobcat1 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B

I was in there yesterday morning by myself. Friend of mine and his older daughter came in when I left. scalebuster pm your name and I'll pm mine we might know each other.
Wish I would have known. I was there yesterday for my niece and nephew's kids game at the practice field for the high school.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7989990 09/27/20 07:47 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Bobby, my boys were playing at the stadium. Flag football is pretty boring to watch but it gets better the older they get. Thankfully the oldest will be in pads next year and things will get a lot more interesting. I think you have my number on PM. Next time you’re in town call me and I’ll buy a cup of coffee or a beer depending on the time of day.
Snake, I’ll PM you my info. Same offer.

Re: Graham, TX [Re: HogNut] #7994747 10/01/20 05:53 PM
A
Archer Anthony Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
I would also recommend Hole in the Wall cafe in Newcastle. Its not that far of a drive. Get the hog burger!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide