Forums46
Topics537,797
Posts9,729,269
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Hudbone] #7987855 09/25/20 02:30 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Hudbone
it's not right. She should not have allowed it to happen.

Yeppers nobody's fault but hers.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7987857 09/25/20 02:31 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Going off in front of a bunch of kids at a school function is childish. Pick your venue to make a point if that’s what you wanna do. That’s not the place for it 2cents

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7987860 09/25/20 02:33 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
from the blaze,

"Sources indicate that Kitts was charged with criminal trespass and released on her own recognizance," the Ohio Star reported.

While i think it's stupid, the officer did he his duty and she got what was coming for not complying with his request. Could've gone smoother if you just listen.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7987873 09/25/20 02:45 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Funny thing is her mother or aunt or whomever that was she was with was wearing a mask and complying but she was not. Mommy got pretty close to interfering with the arrest herself but seemed to back off when the school administrator told her some things, the guy wearing the lanyard that walked upward. I have no issues with the arrest of the girl not complying with masking rules and resisting arrest.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7987884 09/25/20 02:56 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I disagree with most of you. Two wrongs don’t make a right. The cop should have asked the woman to leave and written her a ticket if she didn’t. The woman should have just left. To me the cop was an excessive bully trying to throw his weight around. What if that was your wife or mother. That’s how people get killed for no reason whatsoever. That could have easily gone to a life or death situation over enforcement of an unconstitutional mask mandate at a public ball park.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7987895 09/25/20 03:01 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I see this as no different than situations where an officer tries to detain a shoplifter, shoplifter fights officer and pulls gun, and shoplifter gets shot. People start screaming that the officer killed the guy over a petty theft when that's not what happened at all.
My understanding is the lady was told she would have to leave if she didn't put her mask on. She refused to leave, so it's not about the mask anymore at that point - it's about criminal trespass because she wouldn't leave. That mess didn't happen because of the mask, it happened because she wouldn't leave when given a lawful order on behalf of the school. However, if you look at the majority of the headlines they say she was arrested/tased for not wearing a mask. Just more deceptive BS from the media.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Grizz] #7987903 09/25/20 03:04 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Grizz
I see this as no different than situations where an officer tries to detain a shoplifter, shoplifter fights officer and pulls gun, and shoplifter gets shot. People start screaming that the officer killed the guy over a petty theft when that's not what happened at all.
My understanding is the lady was told she would have to leave if she didn't put her mask on. She refused to leave, so it's not about the mask anymore at that point - it's about criminal trespass because she wouldn't leave. That mess didn't happen because of the mask, it happened because she wouldn't leave when given a lawful order on behalf of the school. However, if you look at the majority of the headlines they say she was arrested/tased for not wearing a mask. Just more deceptive BS from the media.

Yeppers. The same folks screaming she was bullied. Say a criminal got what they had coming when they fight an officer over a traffic ticket.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Grizz] #7987904 09/25/20 03:04 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7987910 09/25/20 03:06 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Rules are rules. Talking crap and resisting isn't in her best interests at that venue with the cop having made his decision.

I understand and agree with complying with the police. I should have read the article before I made my comment for it does say she was warned several times
I still do not agree with tasing and arresting her if there were other options but I was not there!
Having said that it is stupid to have that rule when outside and there is plenty of safe distance between folks.

She was acting like a toddler, if they don't listen and you don't punish it gets worse...

She knew the rules she chose to break them. Im sure she was given the opportunity to leave or don a mask long before this escalated. It is 100% her fault and i hope she gets what she deserves from it.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7987969 09/25/20 03:56 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Simply follow commands and bad things won't happen to you. Literally all she had to do was either put on a mask or leave. It is really very simple to do the right thing as an adult. Like many, she chose to walk down the path of stupidity. She put herself in cuffs.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Choctaw] #7987973 09/25/20 04:01 PM
B
Bass&More Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Simply follow commands and bad things won't happen to you. Literally all she had to do was either put on a mask or leave. It is really very simple to do the right thing as an adult. Like many, she chose to walk down the path of stupidity. She put herself in cuffs.

[Linked Image] peep

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7987977 09/25/20 04:09 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Most on here get fix positions. I deleted my first reply after you guys convinced me.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7987983 09/25/20 04:15 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I don’t know all the facts. But don’t like to judge a video on the ending alone, without context.

My first thought was she was either drunk or disruptive.

If it was simply over a mask, just follow the rules and directions.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7988011 09/25/20 04:38 PM
Payne Offline
Cat Herder
Cat Herder
Y’all act like y’all never been tased at a middle school football game

[Linked Image]
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Grizz] #7988024 09/25/20 04:49 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by scalebuster
I disagree with most of you. Two wrongs don’t make a right. The cop should have asked the woman to leave and written her a ticket if she didn’t. The woman should have just left. To me the cop was an excessive bully trying to throw his weight around. What if that was your wife or mother. That’s how people get killed for no reason whatsoever. That could have easily gone to a life or death situation over enforcement of an unconstitutional mask mandate at a public ball park.

Agree with scalebuster.

I'll disagree with you on this Grizz. Shoplifting is against the law and the mask issue is merely a policy. IMHO this did not need to be escalated the way the officer did. The officer was put into a no win situation. Know that I support you guys in blue, always have and always will but this situation was ridiculous. Consider the contrast of rioters getting a free pass but people getting arrested over a mask. Write them a citation and move on.

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: scalebuster] #7988045 09/25/20 05:06 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I would have told my wife to shut up and put a mask on or get out. We are not supporters of masks, but our grocery store requires one... guess what we put one on.

My boss is high risk and wants everyone to wear a mask when in her office... i guess i could insist on sitting in her office without one and blame someone else when i got fired?

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Texas Dan] #7988072 09/25/20 05:31 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Precisely the reason you should never throw your flag in the trash. When you have given up on what unites the patriots, you have become a compliant subject of the those in power.
Raise the flag proudly where everyone can see and the patriots will know who can counted on and who is just another pawn.

All this nonsense going on is temporary. The time will come for people to once again make a decision. Do the people accept tyranny or will patriots unite?

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7988074 09/25/20 05:33 PM
J
jphunts6165 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I thought it was free rain, can do anything they want and get away with it in the far north or in big cities. That’s right only laws they care about. Just playing. Either way she should follow cops directions. He was in a no win.

Can go 30 minutes one way and everyone is scared of you because you don’t have a mask. Go thirty min the other and people are scared to get close to you because you have one on.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7988112 09/25/20 05:58 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
She was at a football game....the commie deserved it

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7988144 09/25/20 06:24 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Bad situation. She was out of line and did not comply with the school rules. Which is totally her choice. But she has to deal with the consequences. She obviously doesn't want to wear a mask and doesn't think anyone should be able to tell her to. I'm not mad at her. Everything done to her was all done by her choice. Again... I'm not mad at her. She didn't harm anyone else. She didn't set anything on fire or break any windows. She just said enough of this stupid stuff. Personally, my hat goes off to her for standing up... just wish she would have had more couth in how she handled herself and not have had to put the police officer in a bad light by making him get the tazer.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Big Fitz] #7988157 09/25/20 06:40 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Big Fitz

Agree with scalebuster.

I'll disagree with you on this Grizz. Shoplifting is against the law and the mask issue is merely a policy. IMHO this did not need to be escalated the way the officer did. The officer was put into a no win situation. Know that I support you guys in blue, always have and always will but this situation was ridiculous. Consider the contrast of rioters getting a free pass but people getting arrested over a mask. Write them a citation and move on.

This is precisely my point. The school is like any business out there. If you violate their rules you can be told to leave, and by law you have to leave. If you don't, you're committing a Class B misdemeanor for Criminal Trespass, so at that point it's not about the mask anymore. She violated a school rule, she was told to leave, and she refused. Now she gets arrested for Criminal Trespass. She did not get tased or arrested because she wasn't wearing a mask, she got arrested for committing the offense of Criminal Trespass. She got tased because she committed another offense of Resisting Arrest. This was 100% on her. I've said it before - stupid isn't supposed to be painless.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7988169 09/25/20 06:49 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7988173 09/25/20 06:52 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I don’t care how stupid the woman is, the cop needs to be just a little bit smarter than her. Most of the country supports the police. This support is not going to last if the cops start dragging soccer moms out of grandstands for not wearing a mask. He didn’t handle this correctly.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7988178 09/25/20 06:55 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
She fought the law...

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Ohio Woman Arrested Over Face Mask. [Re: Stub] #7988199 09/25/20 07:15 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Just like you don't argue a traffic citation on the side of the road, you don't resist arrest. All of that said, the most comical part were the other folks walking up the bleachers without masks and the cop not having one on. Seems like a great time for that speech I received once about what "Exempt" means on the license plate (obviously wasn't factual)

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide