Print Thread
cellular trail cams #7985929 09/23/20 10:30 PM
G
Grosvenor Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
G
About 5 years ago I stopped using trail cameras all together. Part of the reason was that I was just too busy raising kids and building my career, and part of it was that I just sort of longed for the days of not knowing what was out there.

But then a few weeks ago I purchased a couple of cellular cameras, and I must say I'm officially addicted to them. I might still be in the office right now, but I'm watching animals in almost real time in two different locations at the ranch. I've already semi-patterned an elusive buck we let slip away last year and I've found a few excellent cull candidates for my 9 year old boy's first buck. To me, having the data coming in real time makes all the difference in the world.

This may have been discussed before, but I'm curious what other folks think.

Re: cellular trail cams [Re: Grosvenor] #7985951 09/23/20 10:52 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I look at my phone too much as it is.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: cellular trail cams [Re: Grosvenor] #7986159 09/24/20 01:34 AM
llbts1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I really enjoy them. I have 3 out and am thinking about a 4th. I'm 3 1/2 hours away and its nice to be able to check the weather there also.

Re: cellular trail cams [Re: Grosvenor] #7986195 09/24/20 01:52 AM
Gringocazador Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I have as much fun with little food plots and Cell Cams as I do hunting, its all part of it.

I have 4 Cell cams out. Have two more in the garage, but they are the old style Moutrie MV 1 or 2. They are hard on batteries and not sure my solar charged external batteries are still good. Next time up will try to get them working. I would like at least one more at one of my food plots.

Thanks, Billy
Re: cellular trail cams [Re: Grosvenor] #7986541 09/24/20 01:11 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Grosvenor
About 5 years ago I stopped using trail cameras all together. Part of the reason was that I was just too busy raising kids and building my career, and part of it was that I just sort of longed for the days of not knowing what was out there.

I hear what you are saying about 'being surprised' by what is out there but I like it even more when you know there is a big, mature deer out there because it will make it much easier to pass on other deer that would benefit from another year in the pasture.

But then a few weeks ago I purchased a couple of cellular cameras, and I must say I'm officially addicted to them. I might still be in the office right now, but I'm watching animals in almost real time in two different locations at the ranch. I've already semi-patterned an elusive buck we let slip away last year and I've found a few excellent cull candidates for my 9 year old boy's first buck. To me, having the data coming in real time makes all the difference in the world.

Well please don't tell us this without showing us some pictures of them! lol

grin

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: cellular trail cams [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7986569 09/24/20 01:33 PM
G
Grosvenor Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

I hear what you are saying about 'being surprised' by what is out there but I like it even more when you know there is a big, mature deer out there because it will make it much easier to pass on other deer that would benefit from another year in the pasture.

Well please don't tell us this without showing us some pictures of them! lol

grin

I posted some pics of the big buck in the photos forum.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide