S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TOM-M
Originally Posted by bill oxner
The governor just held a news conference on this subject. I missed most of because of a phone call.

I'll sum it up for you, providing my take after watching:

A gaggle of clapping seals buttkissed Abbott the Emperor for about 30 minutes, gushing thanks and kudos for his stellar performance over the last 6 months or so.

The disgraced POS House Speaker, Dennis Bonnen, was in attendance. He remains a POS.

Emperor Abbott said some stuff, including declaring that his subjects can do a few more things they previously weren't supposed to.

The end.

I don’t know how accurate this is, but I sure do like the way it’s written. roflmao

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Sneaky] #7978458 09/17/20 11:32 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sneaky
The governor just held a news conference on this subject. I missed most of because of a phone call.

A gaggle of clapping seals buttkissed Abbott the Emperor for about 30 minutes, gushing thanks and kudos for his stellar performance over the last 6 months or so.

The disgraced POS House Speaker, Dennis Bonnen, was in attendance. He remains a POS.

Emperor Abbott said some stuff, including declaring that his subjects can do a few more things they previously weren't supposed to.

The end.

I don’t know how accurate this is, but I sure do like the way it’s written. roflmao

What more do we get to do? Sum it up. I like to push the limits. clap

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Sneaky] #7978490 09/18/20 12:03 AM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A

The end.

You and me both.

The dilemma is, who's a viable alternative to Abutt

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: aerangis] #7978617 09/18/20 01:45 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by aerangis

The end.

You and me both.

The dilemma is, who's a viable alternative to Abutt

I like that, Governor Abutt

roflmao

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7978843 09/18/20 12:01 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Houston's democrat Mayor Sylvester Turner is fighting all attempts to open it back up. Glad I moved to a restricted subdivision.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Creekrunner] #7979146 09/18/20 03:36 PM
T
TOM-M Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

The end.

What more do we get to do? Sum it up. I like to push the limits. clap

Asking me? If so, a very brief summary:

Restaurants can open to 75% capacity if they're in a geographical area that the clapping seals designate worthy, worthy being based on some nebulous hospitalization rate said clapping seals say is OK.

Folks in nursing homes, assisted living, etc. get visitation rights slightly better than incarcerated felons.

I can't think of much of anything else at the moment..........other than if Bonnen woke up again this morning, he's still a POS.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7979178 09/18/20 04:03 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
I was listening to 820 AM (DFW) this morning and there was a discussion about the guv opening things up with callers giving there opinions. Everyone that called was pissed to the gills that more wasnt done to get back to normal.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7979185 09/18/20 04:09 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm now watching the local news. Seems as if the traffic reports are getting shorter. I know because I always muted them anyway.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: bill oxner] #7979456 09/18/20 08:38 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Houston's democrat Mayor Sylvester Turner is fighting all attempts to open it back up. Glad I moved to a restricted subdivision.

I was wrong. It was Lina Hidialgo.

"Harris County keeps its 'stay home' threat level, even as state reopens
As Texas relaxes its restrictions on many businesses, Harris County remains at its highest threat level. Lina Hidalgo explains why."

[Linked Image]

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7980054 09/19/20 11:24 AM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I'm 77. I'm a polio survivor from about the year 1950. It was an epidemic that killed and crippled a lot of people. It drew up my hamstrings and hit my back muscles. I couldn't walk except on tiptoes and not very well then. The doctors said nothing could be done but my Dad didn't buy it. He was USAF and took me to the Base gym where Physical Therapists put me through painful stretching and then exercises to build up damaged/weakened muscles. I remember screaming and crying from the pain of stretching them. I started walking a little bit on my tiptoes. One of my memories is finally walking without crutches. Then better. Every morning I go through stretching exercises and bending over to touch my toes. I'll never be "normal" and I walk like I have a cob up my butt. It also left me with weakened back muscles and back pains that I have to work on every day.

Lots of deaths and I remember friends from school not making it. It seemed to disproportionately hit children. Others we visited temporarily staying alive in what was called an iron lung device that did their breathing for them. They didn't last long. Some returned to school on crutches due to having no leg muscles.

Then Jonas Salk developed a vaccine. It wasn't proven and the results were questionable. But it worked. As a Nation we lined up and took the shot. I assume that other countries also vaccinated but don't remember. It worked and now polio is mostly eradicated in the US. I see occasional news of it surfacing in other countries.

I'm not smart enough to know how much/if any manipulation of the news is going on.

Most of the naysayers here have never been through an epidemic so don't have the perspective of what it is like.

Do as you like. I wear the mask in public but don't like it.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: Texas buckeye] #7985252 09/23/20 02:53 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
We are approaching 200K now, and with flu season coming, watch out. Not saying you are wrong, just saying it could get interesting.

We are at 201K deaths according to JHU. RIP.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7985264 09/23/20 03:03 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We're were staring opening a few thinks back up on my last trip to Walmart.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7985364 09/23/20 04:21 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7985406 09/23/20 05:02 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Simple questions for anti -mask guys. This has nothing to do with shutting things down. Just answer yes or no.
DO you really have friends?
Are your friends on the internet?
Do you live in a highly populated area?
Do you biatch just to hear your self biatch?
Do you really care what others are doing?
Do people really like you?
Do people pretend to like you?

For the record. I'm in a highly populated area, only consider a few people friends and don't care what others do as long as they aren't getting things shut down. I wear a mask because I care about others even if I don't know them. If you know me, you either love me or hate me.
Ok lets get back to dead_horse

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: hook_n_line] #7985479 09/23/20 06:01 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Simple questions for anti -mask guys. This has nothing to do with shutting things down. Just answer yes or no.

For the record. I'm in a highly populated area, only consider a few people friends and don't care what others do as long as they aren't getting things shut down. I wear a mask because I care about others even if I don't know them. If you know me, you either love me or hate me.
Ok lets get back to ::

All well thought out a valid points, but my situation is much different.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: hook_n_line] #7985488 09/23/20 06:06 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
DO you really have friends? yes
Are your friends on the internet?no
Do you live in a highly populated area? no
Do you biatch just to hear your self biatch?no, do you cry just to hear yourself cry
Do you really care what others are doing?nope
Do people really like you? not sure
Do people pretend to like you? refer to last answer

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: ducknbass] #7985499 09/23/20 06:14 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by ducknbass
DO you really have friends? yes
Are your friends on the internet?no
Do you live in a highly populated area? no
Do you biatch just to hear your self biatch?no, do you cry just to hear yourself cry
Do you really care what others are doing?nope
Do people really like you? not sure
Do people pretend to like you? refer to last answer

If you must know. I haven't cried since my 3 day in Iraq. Yep, it was a little rougher day than I ever had as a civilian. Lots of us woke up with tears in our eyes.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7985508 09/23/20 06:18 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I'm still waiting for the labor day wave of covid.......... it ain't happening, and its been more then 14 days. How about the way from all the kids going back to school......... it ain't happening. I drive by a covid test area on my way to work, and no one is ever there. Stop all this fear mongering the smoke and mirrors are no longer fooling people.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: hook_n_line] #7985644 09/23/20 07:36 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
M

See my earlier post on the differences in respiratory death rates in a mask wearing country and a non mask wearing country. Masks don't exactly provide the level of protection as people think they do.

This doesn't even account for the widespread use of questionable 'non medical cloth masks' which may cause more harm than good.

What type of mask do you wear? Hopefully not one of those neck gaiters which potentially showed a larger creation of aerosols while wearing one than without wearing one.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: S.A. hunter] #7985654 09/23/20 07:40 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
I'm still waiting for the labor day wave of covid.......... it ain't happening, and its been more then 14 days. How about the way from all the kids going back to school......... it ain't happening. I drive by a covid test area on my way to work, and no one is ever there. Stop all this fear mongering the smoke and mirrors are no longer fooling people.

Keep an eye on Canada.

They are now just getting back to opening and their curve looks similar to the position we were in back in June.

Thinking to the seasonality of respiratory infections, I think we were lucky to open up early and face our peak of infections in the middle of July when most other respiratory infections are typically at their lowest.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7985663 09/23/20 07:44 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by mattyg06

See my earlier post on the differences in respiratory death rates in a mask wearing country and a non mask wearing country. Masks don't exactly provide the level of protection as people think they do.

This doesn't even account for the widespread use of questionable 'non medical cloth masks' which may cause more harm than good.

What type of mask do you wear? Hopefully not one of those neck gaiters which potentially showed a larger creation of aerosols while wearing one than without wearing one.

My mother makes our masks, Layer of decorative cotton material then layer of microfiber then a layer of cotton material again. They are 3 layered nice looking washable masks.[Linked Image]

Last edited by hook_n_line; 09/23/20 07:49 PM.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: ndhunter] #7985696 09/23/20 08:01 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ndhunter
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
We are approaching 200K now, and with flu season coming, watch out. Not saying you are wrong, just saying it could get interesting.

We are at 201K deaths according to JHU. RIP.

As of Wednesday afternoon (Sept 16), the US has reported at least 196,465 coronavirus deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

On Sept 23 according to JHU we are at 201,319.

That would mean we have averaged 693 deaths a day, since I started this thread, with 100 days left in the year from now would mean there could be an additional 69k deaths which would mean we may end up around 270k deaths which would be 130k below the projection that I mentioned in the original post.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: hook_n_line] #7985723 09/23/20 08:12 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

But you do care about what others are doing enough to post this.

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: hook_n_line] #7985741 09/23/20 08:21 PM
R
rickym Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Yes, they are human.
No more than other and for some of them not at all.
Houston area
Depends how much stupid stuff I read/hear.
That’s a broad question, not really.
Well I don’t believe they would continue to talk to me, I don’t have money.
You’d have to ask them genius!

Re: Bill Gates will be wrong [Re: mattyg06] #7985746 09/23/20 08:25 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Did yall see Ohio LT governor get booed for mentioning mask at the Trump rally? Greatness! The jig is up!

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 09/23/20 08:27 PM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide