Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,801
Posts9,729,307
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case #7969740 09/11/20 02:35 PM
Y
yotehater Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Y
Courts to review bumpstock ban

Who cares what you think Elmer Fudd. The 2nd Amendment shall not be infringed by a couple of liberal whacks. Anarchy will not prevail.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: yotehater] #7969805 09/11/20 03:12 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Hope they also change the status of suppressors

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: yotehater] #7969869 09/11/20 03:52 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I don't have any use for a bump stock, but this nonsense decision should be overturned. I'm not sure how anyone with a functioning brain could look at the definition for a machine gun and say a bump stock fits that definition. Equally troubling is the fact they changed a long standing ruling with the stroke of a pen and didn't even grandfather the current owners or compensate them for something they legally purchased.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: Grizz] #7969877 09/11/20 03:58 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Grizz
I don't have any use for a bump stock, but this nonsense decision should be overturned. I'm not sure how anyone with a functioning brain could look at the definition for a machine gun and say a bump stock fits that definition. Equally troubling Even more troubling is the fact they changed a long standing ruling with the stroke of a pen and didn't even grandfather the current owners or compensate them for something they legally purchased.

FIFY up

I too don't care about bump stocks. They are inaccurate and useless IMO. However changing their long standing viewpoint on the law to suddenly make a firearm part illegal concerns the hell out of me. Hopefully it will get overturned quickly.

Last edited by unclebubba; 09/11/20 03:59 PM.
Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: Grizz] #7970028 09/11/20 06:05 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
I don't have any use for a bump stock, but this nonsense decision should be overturned. I'm not sure how anyone with a functioning brain could look at the definition for a machine gun and say a bump stock fits that definition. Equally troubling is the fact they changed a long standing ruling with the stroke of a pen and didn't even grandfather the current owners or compensate them for something they legally purchased.

Agree.

Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: Grizz] #7970075 09/11/20 06:40 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

I agree with everything you said.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: yotehater] #7971160 09/12/20 07:50 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Didn't Trump sign this into law?

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: yotehater] #7971411 09/13/20 12:22 AM
Y
yotehater Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Y
Who cares what you think Elmer Fudd. bang

Listen to you scream when they come after the ... fill in the blank.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7971472 09/13/20 01:25 AM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

I agree with everything you said.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: The Dude Abides] #7983536 09/22/20 01:10 PM
T
TOM-M Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

No.

The DOJ amended BATF regulations, classifying bump stocks as machine guns by bastardizing the language of both the NFA and GCA:

"This final rule amends the regulatory definition of “machinegun” in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), sections 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11. The final rule amends the regulatory text by adding the following language: “The term ‘machine gun’ includes bump-stock devices..."
LINK

In short, the "4th Branch" of government....unelected bureaucrats....were once again the tool of bypassing the entire legislative process, coming up with yet another rule that has the full force and effect of law.

And BTW, the ATF had issued numerous letters determining that bump stocks were NOT machineguns prior to the Las Vegas shooting. For whatever that's worth.

Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: TOM-M] #7984327 09/22/20 08:37 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by TOM-M

No.

The DOJ amended BATF regulations, classifying bump stocks as machine guns by bastardizing the language of both the NFA and GCA:

"This final rule amends the regulatory definition of “machinegun” in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), sections 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11. The final rule amends the regulatory text by adding the following language: “The term ‘machine gun’ includes bump-stock devices..."
LINK

In short, the "4th Branch" of government....unelected bureaucrats....were once again the tool of bypassing the entire legislative process, coming up with yet another rule that has the full force and effect of law.

And BTW, the ATF had issued numerous letters determining that bump stocks were NOT machineguns prior to the Las Vegas shooting. For whatever that's worth.

I believe they did that under the direction of Trump.

Trump Fed Bump Stock Ban

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: The Dude Abides] #7984446 09/22/20 09:44 PM
T
TOM-M Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T

No.

LINK

Trump Fed Bump Stock Ban

Correct. But he DID NOT sign anything regarding bump stocks into law, instead using (abusing?) the regulatory "system" to the same effect for all practical purposes...big difference between the two, IMO, and what I was attempting to point out.

Rotten deal, all the way around.

Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: TOM-M] #7985081 09/23/20 12:50 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

No.

LINK

Trump Fed Bump Stock Ban

Correct. But he DID NOT sign anything regarding bump stocks into law, instead using (abusing?) the regulatory "system" to the same effect for all practical purposes...big difference between the two, IMO, and what I was attempting to point out.

Rotten deal, all the way around.

Semantics...he pushed for the ban, bottom line.

Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: The Dude Abides] #7985120 09/23/20 01:24 PM
T
TOM-M Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T

Call it what you wish, and the simple fact that Trump pushed for the ban is most definitely irrefutable, but "outlawing" via regulation vs. legislation are 2 wildly different things.

I would contend that the regulation route is far more dangerous. It requires near zero accountability. And allowed Trump to not have to sign a damned thing.

Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: TOM-M] #7985423 09/23/20 05:18 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Call it what you wish, and the simple fact that Trump pushed for the ban is most definitely irrefutable, but "outlawing" via regulation vs. legislation are 2 wildly different things.

I would contend that the regulation route is far more dangerous. It requires near zero accountability. And allowed Trump to not have to sign a damned thing.

I'm sure something was "signed". He just didn't pick up the phone and demand the regulation be changed.

Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: The Dude Abides] #7985651 09/23/20 07:38 PM
T
TOM-M Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T

I'm sure something was "signed". He just didn't pick up the phone and demand the regulation be changed.

Goodgawdamighty....... bang

Yeah, I'd imagine Trump signed the memo to the AG, but he didn't sign the bump stock ban into law as you posed in your question of 9/12/20. "Sign into law" being generally accepted as the ratification part of the process of legislation passed through Congress and landing on the President's desk for a John Henry. The fact that he used the regulatory system rather than the legislative process to define bump stocks as machine guns is the ONLY point I've attempted (and apparently failed miserably) to make in this discussion since my first reply (that I'm guessing you didn't like for whatever reason) to your question.

Look, I'll run, not walk, to vote for Trump here in a matter of days. That said, I think we might be on the same page here: that Trump earned some very deserved skepticism so far as the bump stock ban may relate to upholding the 2A/gun rights in general. I think he crapped in a corner of his nest regarding this ban, and you can bet your boots that I believe vigilance here is most definitely in order throughout Trump's next term - assuming he wins.

Take care. cheers

Re: Bump Stocks Get New Life as Federal Court Agrees to Rehear Case [Re: TOM-M] #7986014 09/23/20 11:46 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Goodgawdamighty....... bang

Yeah, I'd imagine Trump signed the memo to the AG, but he didn't sign the bump stock ban into law as you posed in your question of 9/12/20. "Sign into law" being generally accepted as the ratification part of the process of legislation passed through Congress and landing on the President's desk for a John Henry. The fact that he used the regulatory system rather than the legislative process to define bump stocks as machine guns is the ONLY point I've attempted (and apparently failed miserably) to make in this discussion since my first reply (that I'm guessing you didn't like for whatever reason) to your question.

Look, I'll run, not walk, to vote for Trump here in a matter of days. That said, I think we might be on the same page here: that Trump earned some very deserved skepticism so far as the bump stock ban may relate to upholding the 2A/gun rights in general. I think he crapped in a corner of his nest regarding this ban, and you can bet your boots that I believe vigilance here is most definitely in order throughout Trump's next term - assuming he wins.

Take care. cheers

To your smart azz reply...raising my hand with middle finger extended, salute!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide