Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,704
Posts9,727,943
Members87,033
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm #7981153 09/20/20 03:54 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P

I’ll get a first range trip video put together soon

Scope is very nice for the $$$ (good value to performance)

[Linked Image]

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7981575 09/20/20 10:59 PM
Txhunter65 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
What is the warranty on a scope like this?

Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7981696 09/21/20 12:25 AM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
4 years

Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7981791 09/21/20 01:13 AM
I
ImTheReasonDovesMourn Offline
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
You know MAP yet?

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Haha yea I polished that thing for hours.
Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7981941 09/21/20 03:13 AM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
$3195.00

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7981942 09/21/20 03:13 AM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P

Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7981969 09/21/20 03:46 AM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I haven't had my hands on the Super Hogster yet and I have a question about the recorded video....not so much the actual image quality, speaking directly to the recorded video....

From the very small amount of recorded video I've seen from the Super Hogster, the recorded image quality appears to be slightly worse than the regular Hogsters with external MDVR recording. Again, I'm not saying the "actual" through the eye piece image quality is the less (at least I'd assume not) but do you think that the onboard recording isn't doing quite as good of a job as the regular Hogsters are with external recording devices? This has been something that stuck out to me on the other videos I've seen but I thought maybe it was just the person posting. Now that I've seen your video, it looks the same and I know you and DNS are very capable and experienced.

Hope to get my hands on one soon to see for myself. The price looks good for the over all scope specs.

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
The Late Night Vision Show - Co-Host
[Linked Image]
Night Vision, Thermal & Accessories
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7982061 09/21/20 11:41 AM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Looks like a nice bang for the buck. up

Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Outdoor Legacy] #7982405 09/21/20 04:10 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy
I haven't had my hands on the Super Hogster yet and I have a question about the recorded video....not so much the actual image quality, speaking directly to the recorded video....

From the very small amount of recorded video I've seen from the Super Hogster, the recorded image quality appears to be slightly worse than the regular Hogsters with external MDVR recording. Again, I'm not saying the "actual" through the eye piece image quality is the less (at least I'd assume not) but do you think that the onboard recording isn't doing quite as good of a job as the regular Hogsters are with external recording devices? This has been something that stuck out to me on the other videos I've seen but I thought maybe it was just the person posting. Now that I've seen your video, it looks the same and I know you and DNS are very capable and experienced.

Hope to get my hands on one soon to see for myself. The price looks good for the over all scope specs.

Worse is subjective - I will agree that the recorded images online so far seem "muted" wink in terms of detail and definition compared to the standard 17 micron Hogster.

I can assure anybody in the market at this moment that the details are MUCH better with the Super Hogster in realtime viewing, sharpness and clarity are vastly better which I'd rather have versus "contrast and pop" with a lack of definition.

The recorded video is still being tweaked by Bering Optics - I believe they received some feedback from the other company's ProStaff'er to reduce the compression ratio - his unit was a pre-production and the one I am using is a production model so A) the reticle isn't flashing with my unit and B) I think the video is of good quality compared to all other video from other brands.

We will continue to send feedback into Bering to hopefully refine and improve performance.

You and HansETX need to try a Super Hogster for yourselves.......

Note: The Super Hogster IS NOT compatible with ANY Apple products, for me this is a problem, had to use the wife's PC and Android devices to transfer files for video editing - that ain't gonna last.......

Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7982485 09/21/20 04:59 PM
D
der Teufel Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
That video doesn't look bad at all.
Of course, it also looks like it was a good night for thermal (not raining, humid, or excessively hot).
Still, nice video and congrats on taking out a couple of swine.

I have two unwritten rules:
Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7982583 09/21/20 05:55 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I think the video generally looked better than my old IR Hunter, certainly better thermal sensitivity.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7982946 09/21/20 10:43 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P

Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7983775 09/22/20 03:26 PM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by Pig_Popper

Worse is subjective - I will agree that the recorded images online so far seem "muted" wink in terms of detail and definition compared to the standard 17 micron Hogster.

I can assure anybody in the market at this moment that the details are MUCH better with the Super Hogster in realtime viewing, sharpness and clarity are vastly better which I'd rather have versus "contrast and pop" with a lack of definition.

Note: The Super Hogster IS NOT compatible with ANY Apple products, for me this is a problem, had to use the wife's PC and Android devices to transfer files for video editing - that ain't gonna last.......

Thanks for the info, I seriously doubted the image quality through the eye piece was less but the I was very shocked at the quality of the internally recorded video compared to the externally recorded video. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the internal video looks bad but it isn't what I was expecting. I should also note that in my testing, I've also been shocked at how good the video quality looks when using an external device on the regular Hogsters. I believe the recorded video on the 25mm and 35mm is probably some of the most true image quality (compared to the eyepiece) I've ever seen captured with an external MDVR.

Either way, I'll take internal recording because I HATE wires and junk hanging off my rifle. eek I love N-Vision and some of the Trijicon scopes and people ask why we don't use them more and I tell them.....I don't do wires, cables, buttstock pouches and that kind of stuff anymore unless I just have to. So the internal recording on the Super Hogster looks great to me.

So when you say it's no compatible with any Apple products, do you mean there is an app or something to transfer video files to a phone or do you just mean when transferring even to a Mac computer, you can't edit them?

Thanks for the info and the videos, it looks great. Hans and I can't wait to get our hands on the scope to test it. We don't have any pull with Bering so we might be the last to ever get it and review it. roflmao But then again, we haven't asked and probably won't, I hate being "that" guy.lol

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
[Linked Image]
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Outdoor Legacy] #7984128 09/22/20 06:35 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy

<snip>

So when you say it's no compatible with any Apple products, do you mean there is an app or something to transfer video files to a phone or do you just mean when transferring even to a Mac computer, you can't edit them?

Thanks for the info and the videos, it looks great. Hans and I can't wait to get our hands on the scope to test it. We don't have any pull with Bering so we might be the last to ever get it and review it. roflmao But then again, we haven't asked and probably won't, I hate being "that" guy.lol

Not compatible as in when I connect the Super Hogster to a MAC via the USB cable
It doesn’t recognize it and I can’t access the files

In the pursuit of customer education being “that” guy isn’t a knock wink

Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7984435 09/22/20 09:31 PM
R
Revoman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I am in the market for another thermal and trying to compare the Super Hogster with the AGM Secutor TS50. I am not concerned about video which is leaning me towards AGM . Myron at NVO suggested the Hogster. I don’t think he has the Super H yet. The videos on the Hogster are pretty impressive

Call'm an Kill'm
Re: A New Thermal Weapon Sight from Bering Optics - The 12 micron , 384 res , 2.9x mag SUPER Hogster 35mm [Re: Pig_Popper] #7986247 09/24/20 02:27 AM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker

In the pursuit of customer education being “that” guy isn’t a knock wink

Well as luck would have it, I got the notification today that a couple Super Hogsters are heading my direction! up

Originally Posted by Revoman
I am in the market for another thermal and trying to compare the Super Hogster with the AGM Secutor TS50. I am not concerned about video which is leaning me towards AGM . Myron at NVO suggested the Hogster. I don’t think he has the Super H yet. The videos on the Hogster are pretty impressive

Myron is giving you the right info. He and I have both used the TS50 and while I like AGM monoculars and have high hopes for their scopes in the future, as of today, I'd suggest the Hogster 35mm or the Super Hogster as well. I hear AGM has some new firmware improvements on the Secutors coming soon and I'll be testing them again, but Myron and I have both tested the Secutors. He's giving you good info. I'd get with him and get on the list for the Hogster or the Super Hogster.

That's my 2 cents.

Jason

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
[Linked Image]
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide