texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Txhoggsx, Paul Ford, coosa, Tightline, Drew11
68080 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 105,677
bill oxner 79,012
stxranchman 57,289
SnakeWrangler 55,953
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
Gravytrain 41,788
BMD 41,160
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics597,277
Posts11,216,687
Members83,080
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
I bet my pea patch gets some rain #7981419 09/20/20 08:39 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 651
Gringocazador Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 651
When back out to the lease this morning to change batteries on trail cameras and top off a couple of feeders. Checked out my plots.

I’d got enought rain my cowpeas in one plot were coming up good. My other spots not so good. I have two small plots not coming up much at all. I hope they come around.

With this tropical storm going to turn Northeast and come across southeast Texas, I bet I get some good rain.


Thanks, Billy
Re: I bet my pea patch gets some rain [Re: Gringocazador] #7981472 09/20/20 09:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,910
R
rickym Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,910
Well congrats I guess?


See y’all around the campfire.

Originally Posted by Grizz
Wingshooting is like sex for me - I love doing it but I'm just not that good at it.

Re: I bet my pea patch gets some rain [Re: Gringocazador] #7982046 09/21/20 11:27 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,080
oldoak2000 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,080
Originally Posted by Gringocazador
When back out to the lease this morning to change batteries on trail cameras and top off a couple of feeders. Checked out my plots.

I’d got enought rain my cowpeas in one plot were coming up good. My other spots not so good. I have two small plots not coming up much at all. I hope they come around.

With this tropical storm going to turn Northeast and come across southeast Texas, I bet I get some good rain.

Cool - any pics?

Re: I bet my pea patch gets some rain [Re: Gringocazador] #7985051 09/23/20 12:23 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 651
Gringocazador Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 651
No good pics, but got around 1 1/2 inches of rain yesterday give or take. Maybe more today. My stuff should grow. Weeds will grow too!!!!


Thanks, Billy
Re: I bet my pea patch gets some rain [Re: Gringocazador] #8000017 10/06/20 12:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,050
P
pop r Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
P
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,050
Got my oat patch and winter pea patch in Fairfield last weekend. Had to haul out 100 gallons of water and spray it in. Looks like I'll have to water again this weekend because no rain in site.

Re: I bet my pea patch gets some rain [Re: pop r] #8000414 10/06/20 06:58 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,019
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,019
Originally Posted by pop r
Got my oat patch and winter pea patch in Fairfield last weekend. Had to haul out 100 gallons of water and spray it in. Looks like I'll have to water again this weekend because no rain in site.

Please, I am not being an a$$ with this question. But how big is your food plot and do you think that 100 gallons of water helps? It takes 27,000 gallons per acre to equal 1 inch of rain. So even 1/10 of an inch
would be 2,700 gallons. I need rain also.


Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: I bet my pea patch gets some rain [Re: Gringocazador] #8001037 10/07/20 05:07 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,187
H
huntindude Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
H
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,187
I put over 4,000 Gallons of pond water on my 1/2 acre. Seems to be working.

Re: I bet my pea patch gets some rain [Re: huntindude] #8001135 10/07/20 12:09 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,019
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,019
Originally Posted by huntindude
I put over 4,000 Gallons of pond water on my 1/2 acre. Seems to be working.

I think that amount would work.


Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: I bet my pea patch gets some rain [Re: Gringocazador] #8001276 10/07/20 01:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,050
P
pop r Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
P
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,050
Mr T to answer your question my food plot is only 1/4 acre. I had just racked in the seeds and I wanted to put on some moisture since we didn't have any rain in the forecast. I will keep adding more water as needed to insure a successful food plot.

Re: I bet my pea patch gets some rain [Re: pop r] #8001289 10/07/20 01:59 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,019
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,019
Originally Posted by pop r
Mr T to answer your question my food plot is only 1/4 acre. I had just racked in the seeds and I wanted to put on some moisture since we didn't have any rain in the forecast. I will keep adding more water as needed to insure a successful food plot.

I wish you well. At least you are trying to do something about it, while I'm sitting on my butt waiting for it to rain.


Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3