Forums46
Topics537,014
Posts9,719,429
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7973976 09/14/20 11:33 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Yeah Colt you are the man on this forum - methinks most here think you are nuts

and yes I have passed on many 160-180 deer to try to grow it a 200 - proud of that and there is certainly nothing wrong with that - if you or anyone else does not want to do that then more power to them - but it is what I choose to do.

NEVER did I say others were jerks who do not follow my ideas - I said "I too have hunted with some jerks" - I have stated over and over here that to each his own - but do not get on a lease that is highly managed and then bitch about it because you "gonna kill whatever I wanna kill" - so never have I said other hunters are jerks who
"don't follow my ideas" - now you are making things up - troll on

Last edited by tlk; 09/14/20 11:39 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: 1860.colt] #7974005 09/15/20 12:03 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by colt.45
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Originally Posted by tlk
does anyone notice how the "Dan's" of the world fade away when they are pressed for logical answers??

Some folks are better than others at recognizing when a discussion has reached the point where all the key points have been covered at length.

Never thought about it but perhaps threads should be limited to a given number of pages. If someone feels a discussion has morphed into something that goes beyond the limit, let them start a new thread.

[Linked Image]

No room for puffed up "I gonna kill whatever the hell I want." Thise types will never kill a 120 inch buck in their lifetimes."

Yet in a later post he brags about passing up 160-180 inch. Goes after 200" +...
& calls other hunters jerks who don't follow his idea's...

Legal tis legal, "All deer are Trophy's"...

flag

PM sent

You can't fix stupid
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: tlk] #7974074 09/15/20 01:15 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by colt.45
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Originally Posted by tlk
does anyone notice how the "Dan's" of the world fade away when they are pressed for logical answers??

Some folks are better than others at recognizing when a discussion has reached the point where all the key points have been covered at length.

Never thought about it but perhaps threads should be limited to a given number of pages. If someone feels a discussion has morphed into something that goes beyond the limit, let them start a new thread.

[Linked Image]

No room for puffed up "I gonna kill whatever the hell I want." Thise types will never kill a 120 inch buck in their lifetimes."

Yet in a later post he brags about passing up 160-180 inch. Goes after 200" +...
& calls other hunters jerks who don't follow his idea's...

Legal tis legal, "All deer are Trophy's"...

flag

PM sent

^^^^
confused2 must been ta Texas Dan...

flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7974220 09/15/20 03:44 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I think this is an excellent time to talk about land behind held in Trust...

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: txtrophy85] #7974326 09/15/20 11:30 AM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

You are probably right. From what I have read and talked to others including lawyers is that a trust is only as good as how it was written. And as good as the persons involved want it to be. As for the deer hunting part I don't really give a rats rear end what size of Bucks the people that come hunting here take. I just deal in numbers. If I think I need 6 Bucks taken then I don't care if it is 6 4 point or 6 8 point. So there. It is my place and I can run it the way I want.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7974356 09/15/20 12:11 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
[b]"As lease boss I like to reserve the deer I’m going to kill when they are just coming out of velvet. This saves any confusion about which deer is mine. As a lease rule all camera cards are to be turned in to me before lease holders can view. If my deer is showing up at another hunters stand more frequently then I have the option of hunting their stand and they can pick from my stands as an alternative. If another deer better than the one I chose in velvet appears on camera then I have the right to chose another buck. This keeps everyone honest. I also feel I should be compensated for dealing with the land owner and my lease fees are split up between my leaseholders. Deer hunting has always been very important to me and I like to keep things fair and upfront. There are plenty of decent bucks to go around."

Lease boss, no.

FOR TO BE KING

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: don k] #7974557 09/15/20 02:52 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by don k

You are probably right. From what I have read and talked to others including lawyers is that a trust is only as good as how it was written. And as good as the persons involved want it to be. As for the deer hunting part I don't really give a rats rear end what size of Bucks the people that come hunting here take. I just deal in numbers. If I think I need 6 Bucks taken then I don't care if it is 6 4 point or 6 8 point. So there. It is my place and I can run it the way I want.

And in doing so gave my son the opportunity for an 11 point and his personal best. Thanks Don!

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: don k] #7974593 09/15/20 03:09 PM
G
Grosvenor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G

I know a guy...

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Grosvenor] #7974720 09/15/20 04:21 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Grosvenor

I know a guy...

You technically need two, great trust guy and great de-valuation guy, occasionally you find one really good at both.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7974751 09/15/20 04:37 PM
K
kyle1974 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
that's why you pony up, become a lease manager, and take all the [censored] that comes with it, so you can establish rules like "it's not your deer, until you kill it"

not that hard

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: fishdfly] #7974816 09/15/20 05:15 PM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted by fishdfly
[b]"As lease boss I like to reserve the deer I’m going to kill when they are just coming out of velvet. This saves any confusion about which deer is mine. As a lease rule all camera cards are to be turned in to me before lease holders can view. If my deer is showing up at another hunters stand more frequently then I have the option of hunting their stand and they can pick from my stands as an alternative. If another deer better than the one I chose in velvet appears on camera then I have the right to chose another buck. This keeps everyone honest. I also feel I should be compensated for dealing with the land owner and my lease fees are split up between my leaseholders. Deer hunting has always been very important to me and I like to keep things fair and upfront. There are plenty of decent bucks to go around."

Lease boss, no.

FOR TO BE KING

You have to be kidding. crazy

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7974833 09/15/20 05:25 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I’m pretty sure he is.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7975772 09/16/20 02:33 AM
G
Grosvenor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I know a guy...

You technically need two, great trust guy and great de-valuation guy, occasionally you find one really good at both.

I know a guy...

In the world of estate tax planning, there is no asset that can be leveraged down from its fair market value more than family ranch land. In my opinion, anyway. It’s a beautiful thing.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7975787 09/16/20 02:57 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

In the world of estate tax planning, there is no asset that can be leveraged down from its fair market value more than family ranch land. In my opinion, anyway. It’s a beautiful thing.

Yelp And Thank God for it!!!

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7976619 09/16/20 07:23 PM
A
AdvTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
What I try and remind our hunters is....just getting to see and watch a big deer is a blessing. You don't have to harvest the deer for it to be an amazing hunt. I've let more good deer walk than all the other hunters on our lease with no regrets.

Bow Only
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: AdvTX] #7976623 09/16/20 07:26 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by AdvTX
What I try and remind our hunters is....just getting to see and watch a big deer is a blessing. You don't have to harvest the deer for it to be an amazing hunt. I've let more good deer walk than all the other hunters on our lease with no regrets.

I'm reaching the point where I would almost rather hunt with a camera. For me, it's become more about what we can produce with good mgt practices than the harvest itself.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #7977712 09/17/20 02:25 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted by AdvTX

I'm reaching the point where I would almost rather hunt with a camera. For me, it's become more about what we can produce with good mgt practices than the harvest itself.

cheers
Always exciting ta see a deer like this that's made it threw several hunting seasons...

[Linked Image]

confused2 how much ya'll pay ta watch deer ?
We got a HF down the road, bang NO hunting thow...

We got roughly week or two & archery, (crossbow) opens...
Deer will start getting inta the nockternal mode...
Best wish's on up coming hunting, (watching) season...
Tis a Blessing ta have place ta hunt...

edit : tlk said it best : most people on here probley think i'm muyloco nuts...
1st Amebment.... up got nothing against it... majority of hunters look @ pic of the big racks & eeks333 ...
& i'll be right thar up awesome acomplishment...
Ya'lls statement tis proof in d pudding... Hunting becomes a sport, whin ya want others ta admire your trophys & suggest others watch...
Not every one has the big buck$ ta be a spectator...
flag

Last edited by colt.45; 09/17/20 02:43 PM.

i'm postaddic
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7977788 09/17/20 03:09 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Money only provides flexibility. hunting is still hunting.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7977795 09/17/20 03:13 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Yelp And Thank God for it!!!

Gonna be a lot of work for estate planning folks coming up if the loons win the election. I will give it to my grandkids before I give it to those bastards.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Hudbone] #7977960 09/17/20 04:35 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Money only provides flexibility. hunting is still hunting.

cheers kinda like watching sports... Some watch on tv. some scratch, & save ta watch @ stadium , & some have seasonal passes... watching tis watching...

Whin i hunt i hunt legal tis legal, i pay for my foodstamp... if i wanna watch deer, i got me trail cam's, go ta zoo, or down the road ta see the HF deer, bang can't hunt them here...
Have ta drive bye, & take few pic's & post for ya...

Like in other post, up on ya'lls acomplishment...
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7977964 09/17/20 04:42 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Yes, only self serving posts offered here. It's my plan. Evidently on mark.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7977982 09/17/20 04:54 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
"I'm reaching the point where I would almost rather hunt with a camera. For me, it's become more about what we can produce with good mgt practices than the harvest itself."

And the only thing you have to clean is the camera lens.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: fishdfly] #7978003 09/17/20 05:08 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by fishdfly
"I'm reaching the point where I would almost rather hunt with a camera. For me, it's become more about what we can produce with good mgt practices than the harvest itself."

And the only thing you have to clean is the camera lens.

Oh I'll still be cleaning something, we eat a ton of venison!

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Adchunts] #7978068 09/17/20 06:02 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
We eat a lot of the venison I, with the help of others, prepare. I consider it completing the circle which is hunting. Geez, I wish I could be as good, as honorable, as deserving and certainly as noble as Colt and others. I'll keep trying. Maybe some day.

Re: Natural progression of lease hunting [Re: Hudbone] #7978087 09/17/20 06:20 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Hudbone
We eat a lot of the venison I, with the help of others, prepare. I consider it completing the circle which is hunting. Geez, I wish I could be as good, as honorable, as deserving and certainly as noble as Colt and others. I'll keep trying. Maybe some day.

Same here, 4-5 deer min a year actually. Since we didn’t make it to Sept this year, think I’m going to have to up that a little this year.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide