Print Thread
What Are The Odds? #7975610 09/16/20 12:39 AM
N
No Choke Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
N
I FINALLY was issued my temp TX driver's license this week!
The real license "supposedly" will be here in 2 weeks according to the TX DMV. It has taken me 3 1/2 months of waiting for an appt since moving back to TX from WA State.
Now the question is.... Will I be allowed to get a hunting fishing license within a couple of weeks or have to wait out 6 months? I used to laugh at the rule years ago. What inhibits a kid at Walmart giving me a combo license this week? Is there some type of Red Flag that pops up to stop me from getting a hunting/fishing license? Oddly enough, I was given my old TX Driver's license number. That was pretty cool.
I stopped looking for hunting leases a couple of months ago, and put the boat in the shop to install a trolling motor 5 weeks ago thinking I may be done for this year. Just curious to hear some opinions of what might happen when I go to the sporting goods counter soon. I'll let folks know what actually transpires when I make the attempt.

[Linked Image]
Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: No Choke] #7975668 09/16/20 01:08 AM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
How long have you been back in Texas?

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: No Choke] #7975880 09/16/20 11:17 AM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Why not call a Texas Parks and Wildlife Office for the definitive answer or do it online and see what happens?

Folks do it online all !the time

Last edited by fishdfly; 09/16/20 11:23 AM.
Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: No Choke] #7976676 09/16/20 07:59 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Do it online!

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: No Choke] #7976682 09/16/20 08:04 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Do it on-line. Input your TX DL # and you should have a license confirmation on the spot and ready to go. hard license will show up in a week or two in the mail

Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: No Choke] #7976746 09/16/20 08:29 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
When I moved back to Texas I gave them my old/current DL number and it came up in the system. No problems.

Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: scalebuster] #7976763 09/16/20 08:35 PM
H
Hunt Dog Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted by scalebuster
When I moved back to Texas I gave them my old/current DL number and it came up in the system. No problems.

Pretty sure it's been that way since the '80s.

Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: No Choke] #7976774 09/16/20 08:45 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Proof that a person has lived continuously in Texas for more than six months (any three of the following):

•a current Texas homestead property tax statement
•the most recent six months of utility bills
•the most recent six months of paycheck receipts
•the most recent tax return from the Internal Revenue Service
•a statement from a parole board or probation officer stating that the person has continuously resided in Texas for the six months immediately preceding the application for a license or permit
•a valid Texas driver’s license*
•a current Texas voter registration certificate*
•a current vehicle registration*

* issued at least six months prior to license or permit application

If they see the issuance date on your driver license, you may have a problem.

Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: fishdfly] #7977537 09/17/20 12:39 PM
N
No Choke Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
N
Originally Posted by fishdfly
Why not call a Texas Parks and Wildlife Office for the definitive answer or do it online and see what happens?

Have you tried to contact a Regional office of late? Like pulling teeth. Nobody answers. Bless their hearts...
The Austin office is the only office that appears to have a live person available and you sometimes have to wait in a que.

[Linked Image]
Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: 5Redman8] #7977538 09/17/20 12:40 PM
N
No Choke Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
N
3 1/2 months. give or take a week.

[Linked Image]
Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: Always ready 2 hunt] #7977552 09/17/20 12:50 PM
N
No Choke Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
Do it on-line. Input your TX DL # and you should have a license confirmation on the spot and ready to go. hard license will show up in a week or two in the mail

That is what I did this am. I was curious to see what a passport number was after I actually tried to put my passport number in there on the personal info section . It auto cleared it out, so that wasn't correct. HHmmm, but that is ok. My old address was onfile when my info pulled up. I simply filled in the section with my new address, put in my CC number and pressed payment/continue. Then.....Super Combo should arrive. Yippppeeee.

TPW Logo Texas License Connection
Questions QUESTIONS
Thank you for your order!
100% of your license fees go to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and supports the Texas hunting and fishing you love.

Transaction Number: ---------------------

Keep this transaction number; it identifies your order. If you need to cancel this order, you must have this number.

Your license should arrive in 7-10 business days with standard delivery. If you do not receive your license within 30 days of purchase, contact TPWD at 1-800-792-1112, #4820#. After 45 days from purchase date, you will be responsible for purchasing a replacement license.

You can print or save an image of this receipt as proof of valid license purchase for participation in activities that do not require the use of tags, such as bird hunting and freshwater fishing. If you purchased a federal duck stamp, your federal duck stamp endorsement is valid for 45 days. After 45 days, federal law requires a physical federal duck stamp be attached to your physical license in order to waterfowl hunt.

Make sure you have the most up-to-date fishing and hunting regulations at your fingertips! Get the free Outdoor Annual mobile app at https://www.OutdoorAnnual.com/App.
You won't need internet to access the regulations after the app is downloaded.
You can also view regulations online at OutdoorAnnual.com.

Note: Internet orders placed today can only be cancelled today before midnight central time.
Call Center orders placed today can only be cancelled today before 5:00 pm central time.

Register to be an organ donor with Donate Life Texas.
Click on the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page for additional information.
Your current session will not be interrupted.

Print This Page

[Linked Image]
Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: No Choke] #7977581 09/17/20 01:15 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted by No Choke
Originally Posted by fishdfly

Have you tried to contact a Regional office of late? Like pulling teeth. Nobody answers. Bless their hearts...
The Austin office is the only office that appears to have a live person available and you sometimes have to wait in a que.

Office in Tyler answers the phone, nice lady helps you.

Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: No Choke] #7977594 09/17/20 01:22 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
If you download the app you will have the license on your phone. you can hunt and fish with it as long as you dont need a tag.

Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: No Choke] #7982616 09/21/20 06:27 PM
K
kk66 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Originally Posted by No Choke
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt

That is what I did this am. I was curious to see what a passport number was after I actually tried to put my passport number in there on the personal info section . It auto cleared it out, so that wasn't correct. HHmmm, but that is ok. My old address was onfile when my info pulled up. I simply filled in the section with my new address, put in my CC number and pressed payment/continue. Then.....Super Combo should arrive. Yippppeeee.

TPW Logo Texas License Connection
Questions QUESTIONS
Thank you for your order!
100% of your license fees go to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and supports the Texas hunting and fishing you love.

Transaction Number: ---------------------

Keep this transaction number; it identifies your order. If you need to cancel this order, you must have this number.

Your license should arrive in 7-10 business days with standard delivery. If you do not receive your license within 30 days of purchase, contact TPWD at 1-800-792-1112, #4820#. After 45 days from purchase date, you will be responsible for purchasing a replacement license.

You can print or save an image of this receipt as proof of valid license purchase for participation in activities that do not require the use of tags, such as bird hunting and freshwater fishing. If you purchased a federal duck stamp, your federal duck stamp endorsement is valid for 45 days. After 45 days, federal law requires a physical federal duck stamp be attached to your physical license in order to waterfowl hunt.

Make sure you have the most up-to-date fishing and hunting regulations at your fingertips! Get the free Outdoor Annual mobile app at https://www.OutdoorAnnual.com/App.
You won't need internet to access the regulations after the app is downloaded.
You can also view regulations online at OutdoorAnnual.com.

Note: Internet orders placed today can only be cancelled today before midnight central time.
Call Center orders placed today can only be cancelled today before 5:00 pm central time.

Register to be an organ donor with Donate Life Texas.
Click on the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page for additional information.
Your current session will not be interrupted.

Print This Page

Not trying to be a jerk and it may be totally different than it appears, but also not sure I'd leave this thread up if I were you. law is you can get a Texas resident license 6 months after a resident as other posters have pointed out in this thread. You're earlier post and a couple of your other recent post make it look like you moved back within the last 4 months or so. I know the internet is anonymous with screen names, but wardens do lurk on here and it wouldn't be to hard to pull up a list of online licenses issued in the day or two period when you made the above post, cross reference it with newly issued Texas Driver's licenses which is probably a very small subset of people and then cross reference that with the even smaller subset of people that have lived in the town in Washington that you have as your location under your screen name.

Re: What Are The Odds? [Re: ntxtrapper] #7982751 09/21/20 08:14 PM
T
TxDispatcher Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Proof that a person has lived continuously in Texas for more than six months (any three of the following):

•a current Texas homestead property tax statement
•the most recent six months of utility bills
•the most recent six months of paycheck receipts
•the most recent tax return from the Internal Revenue Service
•a statement from a parole board or probation officer stating that the person has continuously resided in Texas for the six months immediately preceding the application for a license or permit
•a valid Texas driver’s license*
•a current Texas voter registration certificate*
•a current vehicle registration*

* issued at least six months prior to license or permit application

If they see the issuance date on your driver license, you
may
WILL have a problem.

Happened to a gentleman who I was on a lease with 5-6 years ago. He moved back from Louisiana and was excited to not have to pay the non-resident fees. The only issue was, he hadn't lived here for the required 6 months before deer season arrived and he had to buy his license. His plea to the GW of "then why did they sell me a resident license if the requirement is to be here for 6 months as a resident?" fell upon deaf ears. You may have better luck, but I wouldn't bank on it

Originally Posted by East...
Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit

You shouldnt have said that
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide