Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: thegrouse] #7977182 09/17/20 01:48 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by thegrouse
I have all of them, seriously. I get every sign up bonus out there and move on to the next.

This is intriguing. Are you a coupon guy too? I could never develop the discipline. I had a friend that once he retired, covered his property taxes with the savings from coupons he clipped.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977287 09/17/20 02:55 AM
nak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I've had a Chase Sapphire Reserve for a few years. It cost $450/years, but for me it was by far the best deal.

I always swore I would never pay for a credit card...until a coworker made me actually run the numbers on what using this card, vs the best "free" reward card that was using.

I travel a lot (at least in the normal world) and fly internationally fairly often. I run anywhere from $2000 - $10,000 a month in work travel expenses across it, plus all of our personal travel and dining. So I am running $80K - $100K in travel and dining across a year

They refund your first $300 spend on travel.
They refund your $100 Global entry fee every three years.

Last year I got over $2,400 cash back from the card

3% back on travel and dining (even fast food), rental cars parking, hotel. Unlike many cash reward cards, there is no monthly or annual limit on cash back.
1% on every thing less
Points can be used as payments on your account or transferred to you checking.
The card provide PRIMARY Loss\Damage cover on rental cars. If you rent enough, you will eventually has an issue. Other cards with rental coverage are secondary to your personal insurance. this card means you personal insurance does not go up because of a rental claim.
The card provides a very well rounded travel protection suite. Travel interruption, travel delay, emergency medical air evacuation, lost or delayed luggage. Throw in purchase insurance to the mix.
If you book vacations through their travel service, you get 150% credit for you money. A $500 plane ticket cost you $333 in reward points.
You also get a Priority Pass Select membership, which gives you and two traveling companions free access to airport lounges. Free booze, free food, wifi, showers at some locations.

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: bill oxner] #7977347 09/17/20 04:00 AM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Credit Cards are the biggest con game played on American Business.

But not for me. I get a 2 month float, then an auto-pay from my bank.

My business card has 1 year interest free. Obviously I never touch that but it’s nice to know I don’t have to worry about interest charges

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Email: joel@carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
Financing options click: https://app.gethearth.com/flyers/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: bill oxner] #7977351 09/17/20 04:03 AM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Different strokes for different folks.

Exactly. I mean not a credit card fan but I’m either spending money on a debit card for my business and earn nothing or use my business credit card and earn cash back at a pretty damn good rate.

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Email: joel@carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
Financing options click: https://app.gethearth.com/flyers/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977405 09/17/20 07:56 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

What type of business are you running? Home based business?

Auto-Pay? Once you get paid by the credit card holder most credit card processors take the money directly from the transaction. Some bigger ones like Bank Of American Merchant Service also charge you a equipment fee and monthly service charge.

Your post is nonsense

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: RedRanger] #7977440 09/17/20 10:56 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Auto-Pay? Once you get paid by the credit card holder most credit card processors take the money directly from the transaction. Some bigger ones like Bank Of American Merchant Service also charge you a equipment fee and monthly service charge.

Your post is nonsense

My charges today will go to Chase on October 12.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: bill oxner] #7977442 09/17/20 10:58 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Your post is nonsense

My charges today will go to Chase on October 12.

So you are saying you are using your credit card to pay bills. Not to collect sales revenue from?

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977457 09/17/20 11:24 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm using it for both.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: bill oxner] #7977494 09/17/20 12:09 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm using it for both.

What do you sell?

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977504 09/17/20 12:17 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
I am in the wholesale battery business and I quote the customer an additional 2.5% for using Visa/MasterCard/Discover and 3.5% for Amex. Our average transaction is around $3K, but we have done several $40K to $60K credit card transactions.

Everyone loves their points/miles/rewards so they just pay the additonal fee.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: Creekrunner] #7977574 09/17/20 01:08 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I'm using it for both.

What do you sell?

The OP never mentioned selling anything. I looked it up for you. Here you go.

Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
What rewards or cash back credit cards do you guys use? Happy with them?

I recently switch from American Airlines to American Express for more flexibility and faster earning. Seems good so far, but I haven't tried to redeem yet.

[Linked Image]

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977583 09/17/20 01:17 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

So you are saying you are using your credit card to pay bills. Not to collect sales revenue from?

I'm using it for both.

Nice try to deflect. You were answering RedRanger. Don't try that confused old man routine with me.

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: Creekrunner] #7977597 09/17/20 01:23 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I'm using it for both.

Nice try to deflect. You were answering RedRanger. Don't try that confused old man routine with me.

I was referring to the OP. I would have quoted RedRanger if I was referring to him. Its pretty simple. Your first two choices are Reply and Quote.

[Linked Image]

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977605 09/17/20 01:26 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Life is too short.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: Marc K] #7977627 09/17/20 01:42 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Marc K
I am in the wholesale battery business and I quote the customer an additional 2.5% for using Visa/MasterCard/Discover and 3.5% for Amex. Our average transaction is around $3K, but we have done several $40K to $60K credit card transactions.

Especially if it goes down as a business expense and you're benefiting personally on the points.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: Marc K] #7977640 09/17/20 01:49 PM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

If I buy something on say gunbroker for $1000 and they charge a 3% cc fee I’ll gladly pay it. $30 right then and there is a lot easier than going and buying a money order and having to mail it off. Now obviously that fee is much higher at $40k.

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977645 09/17/20 01:52 PM
M
MBTECH85 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Citi Costco Visa and Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Master Card.

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SR025] #7977726 09/17/20 02:34 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SR025

If I buy something on say gunbroker for $1000 and they charge a 3% cc fee I’ll gladly pay it. $30 right then and there is a lot easier than going and buying a money order and having to mail it off. Now obviously that fee is much higher at $40k.

I'm the same way. The points are nice, but I'm really paying for the convenience.

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: MBTECH85] #7977737 09/17/20 02:37 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MBTECH85
Citi Costco Visa and Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Master Card.

I've got the AAdvantage Executive, as well, but am thinking about cancelling it. I haven't been to an airport since March and they haven't done anything to compensate for the complete lack of benefit I'm getting from a very expensive card.

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977791 09/17/20 03:10 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I used to have an AmericanAirlines Citi card that we used miles for but AA pre-Wuflu started jacking with mileage when you redeemed them for flights and I got tired of it. We now use a Wells Fargo Signature VISA. We have used those points to redeem for airfare and we get better flights at better costs with it than we did the AA card. Up to this point we’ve only used it to redeem airfare but all the stuff going this year who knows what we’ll do with them...right now, we are sitting on a bank of them. My wife has used two flights thus far this year one pre-Wuflu and one during that was a short notice necessary trip.

I should spend more time reviewing to see if there is a better deal but right now we are satisfied and I haven’t looked elsewhere in a couple years.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977827 09/17/20 03:26 PM
D
Dan702 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I understand why some folks dont like Credit Cards.

But used properly, they are great. You can get rewards, if you pay them off they cost you nothing, having those easily accessible lines of credit are great in case of an unexpected emergency etc.

Another BIG advantage folks overlook is the protection they offer you in case of billing disputes or fraudulent charges. If you are using a credit card, and you dont get your products, or you are over-billed, or there are charges you did not make etc. the credit card company will get that money right back from the merchant, like no problem, because its not your money, its THEIR money.

Now if you use a debit card and have this type of situation, its MUCH harder to resolve, you do not have the same level of protection.

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: Dan702] #7977830 09/17/20 03:28 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Dan702

But used properly, they are great. You can get rewards, if you pay them off they cost you nothing, having those easily accessible lines of credit are great in case of an unexpected emergency etc.

Another BIG advantage folks overlook is the protection they offer you in case of billing disputes or fraudulent charges. If you are using a credit card, and you dont get your products, or you are over-billed, or there are charges you did not make etc. the credit card company will get that money right back from the merchant, like no problem, because its not your money, its THEIR money.

Now if you use a debit card and have this type of situation, its MUCH harder to resolve, you do not have the same level of protection.

up "Nailed it."

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: Dan702] #7977836 09/17/20 03:30 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S

That's a very good point. I recently had a GunBroker deal go south. I got on my app and disputed the charge. A day or two, and they reversed the charge, no problem. My bank wouldn't have done that with a debit charge.

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: Always ready 2 hunt] #7977854 09/17/20 03:41 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
American Airlines MC...use it for everything. Easy to redeem miles.

Not as easy as in past, direct flights availability signficantly decreased, and amount of AA miles for an award has increased. Although were some COVID deals. I use Citi Advantage card too for miles to travel to my Mexico place. Just don't get as many trips out of it each year as in past

I have had no problem this year with any of the destinations I have gone. Most flights have been half full. Only one was jam packed but I'm EP so no concern for me.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Rewards Credit Cards [Re: SherpaPhil] #7977858 09/17/20 03:43 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil

That's a very good point. I recently had a GunBroker deal go south. I got on my app and disputed the charge. A day or two, and they reversed the charge, no problem. My bank wouldn't have done that with a debit charge.

Been there myself. Also, much better on returns.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide