Page 1 of 2 1 2
Price for 9mm ammo #7976515 09/16/20 06:18 PM
D
DaveTexas Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
D
whats an acceptable price for a box of 50 (9mm ammo)( Nickel Plated Brass)?

I had a place wanting $87 for a box of 50
Academy used to have it for $20/box

Are the ammo suppliers running 24/7 to keep up with demand?

Last edited by DaveTexas; 09/16/20 06:25 PM.
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7976556 09/16/20 06:41 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
That seems higher than giraffe's privates

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7977013 09/17/20 12:18 AM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Unfortunately you just have to get lucky at Cabelas, Academy, etc...it IS still available for less than $20 per 50 round box for brass cased 9mm but you have to be there at the right time, it goes QUICK.

Earl

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7978054 09/17/20 05:44 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
If you hurry there may still be some at cabellas in Allen. 5 box limit per person. Winchester 124gr NATO 50rd boxes are $12.99 and Herters 115gr boxes at $10.99

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7978217 09/17/20 08:24 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
up

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: Earl] #7980907 09/20/20 05:29 AM
D
DaveTexas Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted by Earl
If you hurry there may still be some at cabellas in Allen. 5 box limit per person. Winchester 124gr NATO 50rd boxes are $12.99 and Herters 115gr boxes at $10.99

Originally Posted by Earl

I went to the bass pro near me Friday morning
Arrived 15 minutes after they opened the doors
They said they had some boxes of 9mm that morning
But some guys arrived the second the door opened and whipped them out

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7980998 09/20/20 01:19 PM
J
jhenderson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Seems the going rate right now is about double retail in box stores. I could buy fmj for $10 a box all day long this time last year. I haven’t seen it under $25 in months. Given we are not comparing apples to apples on ammo as the cheap stuff is no where to be easily found. If prices keep going the way they are now I’m going to have to capitalize on a dummy.

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: jhenderson] #7981007 09/20/20 01:36 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jhenderson
If prices keep going the way they are now I’m going to have to capitalize on a dummy.

Me too. I can hear the whiners now though calling us gougers and shameless. The same guys who spend time driving around looking for ammo at the old prices, to proud to to admit they should have stock up in good times because this was inevitably coming.

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7981121 09/20/20 03:30 PM
J
jhenderson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
My wife hates it but years ago when we had the last ammo shortage, I told her I’d buy a box every time I went somewhere that sold ammo. And for a long time I did. Only issue I run into now is new calibers I’ve gained since then. I don’t hoard it but I also make sure I don’t run out. If someone was in a bind and I had it, I’ll share. But I’m also smart enough if 9mm starts going for $1 plus a round I’ve got a good enough stash I’d post it on gun trader.

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7981236 09/20/20 05:00 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

I'm holding out for the Big Money at the end of October that's when I'm going to dump what I have.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: garyrapp55] #7981254 09/20/20 05:21 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Originally Posted by jhenderson
If prices keep going the way they are now I’m going to have to capitalize on a dummy.

Me too. I can hear the whiners now though calling us gougers and shameless. The same guys who spend time driving around looking for ammo at the old prices, to proud to to admit they should have stock up in good times because this was inevitably coming.

You shameless gouger!! ...but It's funny you mention this. I was thinking about putting some primers on gunbroker. I saw some wsr go for $300 per thousand!

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7981474 09/20/20 09:16 PM
D
DeleteThisAccount Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
I have thousands of rounds for all my weapons and plenty of reloading supplies to make 10s of thousands more. I've even sold some people that needed some at normal prices. So, as someone who is not driving around looking for ammo, I'll be first to call anyone taking advantage of the shortage - not just a gouger but an otherwise worthless piece of garbage smile.

Anyone so hard up for $$$ that they would take advantage of the shortage to make a few measly bucks is just simply a dirtbag in my book. But hey, these days I find most people lacking in character.

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7982220 09/21/20 02:15 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
When my kids are eating good, sleeping comfortable, or doing anything else I've facilitated, they don't call me a worthless trashy dirt-bag and that means a lot to me.

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: garyrapp55] #7982362 09/21/20 03:44 PM
D
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
When my kids are eating good, sleeping comfortable, or doing anything else I've facilitated, they don't call me a worthless trashy dirt-bag and that means a lot to me.

Said every person that ever stole, robbed, or murdered someone for $$$$$ also. However you need to justify taking advantage of a situation and other people to sleep better at night.

Karma's a bitch and everyone ends up meeting her one day when it matters.

Sad day and age when people openly brag about price gouging during shortages, as if they're proud of it. Trash is about as polite a word that can be used.

Last edited by Binary; 09/21/20 03:52 PM.
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7982693 09/21/20 07:29 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
Simple supply and demand, not sure why there is a need for name calling. I keep enough supply on hand to make it through these cycles and wouldn't let any of it go for normal retail price because I can't replace it right now for normal retail price. If somebody is in a jam though and willing to pay 3x what I paid for it I might let it go and do without til things hopefully return to normal.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7982756 09/21/20 08:21 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
I don't know why anyone would be in a 'jam' over ammo, unless they need varmint rounds to solve a problem and just haven't been able to source it. If SHTF there's almost no amount of ammo that's going to save your bacon. If you can't turn them pretty quickly, you'll be overrun before you can reload.

I don't have tons but I have a comfortable amount. I was hoping for the prices to get even lower when it all broke down. I don't have enough to sell but even if I did how do I know I'm not selling it to somebody that will be an enemy in the blink of an eye?

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: chalet] #7982758 09/21/20 08:22 PM
D
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted by chalet
Simple supply and demand, not sure why there is a need for name calling. I keep enough supply on hand to make it through these cycles and wouldn't let any of it go for normal retail price because I can't replace it right now for normal retail price. If somebody is in a jam though and willing to pay 3x what I paid for it I might let it go and do without til things hopefully return to normal.

It's not "simple supply and demand" if it's during times of unusual and temporary market disruption. "Simple supply and demand" is what you have under normal market conditions. In fact, up selling isn't price gouging when we are dealing with "simple supply and demand" that you have in a normal market. The fact that you don't even understand the difference, says everything. And the entire foundation of your position is basically "everyone else is doing it, so I will to" (because everyone else is price gouging, you can't find the items from people not price gouging, thus believe price gouging is okay) ... that's the same mentality of the current mobs that are rioting, looting, raping, murdering and burning [censored]....everyone else is doing it, so it's okay for me to do it too.

No one can fix another's character and I know what I say isn't going to - but I'm happy to call out scum bragging about price gouging when I see them. I mean, I understand why you people find the need to get online and brag about it - you want other people to tell you it's okay to do and that they do it too ... you need that confirmation from others that you aren't dirtbags for doing it.. that your behavior is okay. And you'll always find other dirtbags to help you feel okay about yourself and your actions - 100%.

Like I said, I always have plenty of ammo and reloading supplies, so people like you guys won't ever make any money price gouging off me.. but I think it's sad you'll make money off anyone doing it. I would bet that it's the same flaws in your character that make you think price gouging is okay, that have put you in a place in life where you actually need $$$ bad enough to do it. Where that extra little $$$ you make doing it is actually significant enough to you to do it.

Last edited by Binary; 09/21/20 08:32 PM.
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7982834 09/21/20 09:23 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
Why don't you back off the keyboard there rooster instead of stretching out your argument and making assumptions about people you don't know. I don't plan on selling anything and have offered to give ammo to buddies that can't find what they need.

I do understand the situation and it as simple as I stated. Business is business, no need to split hairs and then make it personal.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: chalet] #7982992 09/21/20 11:13 PM
D
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Why don't you back off the keyboard there rooster

Why don't you take your own advice there...rooster? Wth that means.

I do understand the situation and it as simple as I stated. Business is business, no need to split hairs and then make it personal.

Well, it's obvious that you don't actually understand it because and I already explained how you were wrong but you didn't address that because you aren't capable. Nothing personal about it, I'm just calling it like it is. You either support price gouging in a time of market disruption or you don't. You clearly stated your support for it, enough said. I'm not looking to change your mind and I'm certainly not upset with (or making it personal in any way) what some online jack (who I don't know), who is lacking in the character department, thinks is okay ... I'm just calling it the way it is and will continue to do so, regardless of whether or not you agree that I should or not. Don't want to get called out for your support of price gouging, don't post your support for price gouging on an online forum - now that's simple.

I stand by everything I said, you don't have to like it...you don't even have to agree with it. Hell, you don't even have to continue to read it. Don't like what I said... ignore it and move along then....pretty simple solution.

Last edited by Binary; 09/21/20 11:30 PM.
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7983090 09/22/20 12:08 AM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I always keep enough on hand for me to keep me happy and supply my family in the calibers that I shoot. That amount changes with the times but suffice to say I have a decent amount. I don't think one can ever have enough. Unlike some of you, I don't get to a point where "I hold"....I will always continue to buy as long as I can find ammo at decent prices, which I can do even now - one just has to be patient and vigilant.

But if the family needs money or if I want to buy another gun, I'll often sell ammo to fund things rather than selling a gun. I'd like to think when I do that I am never gouging anyone and that my prices are below what people will find elsewhere. I think that's largely the case since during times like these my ammo listings usually sell in minutes. Another reason I buy and sell ammo is I only keep on hand quantities for the calibers I shoot. If I sell my last gun in a certain caliber say 10mm, I'll sell the ammo and then of course 6 months later when I buy another 10mm I start over again. I know, personal flaw but ammo really, really begins to pile up! smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7983380 09/22/20 05:12 AM
P
Plinkin' Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
No shortages really, just challenges to store supplies and box limits. Small shops around me usually have some of the common stuff with sale limitations of course. Auction sites have supplies, but it's a bidding war like on ebay. Used market is where most ammo is found. Some are too high, others get a small increase for their efforts, others trade.

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: Plinkin'] #7983383 09/22/20 05:29 AM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Agreed. The one market that has been 100% shut down for me anyways is gun shows. Before Covid I could usually find good deals at them on guns and ammo. Not now. I still go but typically when I have something to sell. I can't and won't buy anything at the prices asked at them. I literally see Monarch 100 round 7.62x39 boxes that you can buy at Academy for $25 priced $75. And as far as a box of 9mm under about $50 - forgettaboutit...Glocks are $800 it seems even though you can walk into Scheels right now (ok maybe tomorrow) and unless they have sold what they had all weekend buy NIB Glock 45's with night sights for $579, NIB Glock 19x's for $629 - plus plenty of Glock 17 and 19 Gen 5's at normal prices - not to mention fully stocked on Shadow Systems MR920 Combat and Elite model "Gucci Glocks" (damn fine pistol by the way, have one myself - they are made right here in Plano).

I still buy guns and ammo but I'm buying at normal prices at the retail stores that don't jack up prices or from individuals that have good prices and/or trade as Plinkin noted.

Originally Posted by Plinkin'
No shortages really, just challenges to store supplies and box limits. Small shops around me usually have some of the common stuff with sale limitations of course. Auction sites have supplies, but it's a bidding war like on ebay. Used market is where most ammo is found. Some are too high, others get a small increase for their efforts, others trade.

Last edited by Earl; 09/22/20 05:34 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: chalet] #7984423 09/22/20 09:22 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Why don't you back off the keyboard there rooster instead of stretching out your argument and making assumptions about people you don't know. I don't plan on selling anything and have offered to give ammo to buddies that can't find what they need.

He probably can't, probably his nature to tell others how they are wrong. Fact, I sold 3 boxes of good hog killing ammo to a guy on here a months ago at a fair price. To be specific, it's normally $22 a box before tax or shipping. I sold it for $25 a box to a man I never met because he needed help before an upcoming hunt. Am I a trashy dirt-bag for it? This guy Binary went from talking about selling ammo at high prices to comparing me to thieves and murderers. Poor fella is confused. If I was gouging for food, I'd support his comments, but no one needs the ammo. They want it. Fact is, I've only ever sold ammo that once to help a fellow hunter. I'm too scared to sell at high prices for fear I can't get more myself. Anywho, if you need 9mm ammo, PM me but it won't be cheap.

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: garyrapp55] #7984517 09/22/20 10:41 PM
D
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D

He probably can't, probably his nature to tell others how they are wrong. Fact, I sold 3 boxes of good hog killing ammo to a guy on here a months ago at a fair price. To be specific, it's normally $22 a box before tax or shipping. I sold it for $25 a box to a man I never met because he needed help before an upcoming hunt. Am I a trashy dirt-bag for it? This guy Binary went from talking about selling ammo at high prices to comparing me to thieves and murderers. Poor fella is confused. If I was gouging for food, I'd support his comments, but no one needs the ammo. They want it. Fact is, I've only ever sold ammo that once to help a fellow hunter. I'm too scared to sell at high prices for fear I can't get more myself. Anywho, if you need 9mm ammo, PM me but it won't be cheap.

Well, you are obviously retarded... because selling a $22 box of ammo for $25 wouldn't be considered price gouging, which is the topic of recent discussion. Perhaps you should have, at the very least, finished high school before involving yourself in a conversation about terms that you obvious have no idea what they mean. For the record,

"Price gouging occurs when a seller increases the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair. Usually, this event occurs after a demand or supply shock." - WikiP
"an act or instance of charging customers too high a price for goods or services, especially when demand is high and supplies are limited" - Dictionary.com
(yes, a simple search would have cured your ignorance as to what price gouging is, but I expect little effort from people like yourself).

What was discussed and bragged about earlier by our local THF trash was selling $35 worth of primers for $300, at a time of market disruption when supply is extremely limited and the products can't be easily found, that is price gouging - I feel the need to point that our specifically since you seem to lack the intellectual capacity to understand what price gouging is (or are incapable of following the conversation as it unfolded) and would now like to pretend that what was being discussed is selling a $22 box of ammo for $25 ROFL.

And price gouging is price gouging no matter if the product is a necessity of life or not - price gouging for necessities of life during a time of market disruption happens to be regulated by laws (and are generally what people think of first when they hear the phrase), price gouging for most non-necessities are generally not regulated but the practice is looked down upon by people of good character. In either case, your ignorance as to what would constitute price gouging is astounding.

Keep talking though backwoods, your ignorance amusing me.

Re: Price for 9mm ammo [Re: DaveTexas] #7984678 09/23/20 12:48 AM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
You poor thing, bless your heart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide