Forums46
Topics537,026
Posts9,719,538
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: tlk] #7972636 09/14/20 12:54 AM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by RJH1
Originally Posted by tlk
I agree that the OP should file a complaint, and possibly get a lawyer and notify the local media

Really? Notify the media? You are on the wrong forum - that is pure BS - go live in California

If it went down like the op said, and i know that is a big if and we are only getting one side of the story, but if the story is true then, hell yes. I stay in Texas cause i don't like government overreach. If that is your thing though California might be your kind of place. I am a strong Constitutionalist, and if people are stepping on it,then they need to be held accountable, LEO or not. I have met good cops and bad ones, guess what they are just a cross section of society so the the good/bad percentage of cops are just about the same as everyone else. If you don't think there are bad cops, why are there internal affairs depts? I don't believe most of the media crap that's tossed out about LEOs, but i am also not naive enough to think they are always angels that are always in the right.

Dude - my family has been in Texas over 140 years - they founded some of the communities in this state. I was born and raised here for 67 years so believe me I get what Texas is all about. Of course there are bad cops like there are bad doctors, lawyers, etc. But do not EVER PREACH TO ME about Texas and how this state works. Where were you born and when did you show up in Texas? Let me guess - it was NOT 67 years ago

Texas, only 45 years ago. So if there is a strong Texas born Biden supporter that was 68 years old does that make him more right than you? Or does age not really matter......

I get it, your boy is leo so you think leo is the good guys, and many times that is true, but the biggest dope head i ever met is now an leo, a guy that liked to show his ding ding to his young step daughter was an leo, an Abilene leo was arrested for dwi a couple of years back (good on the officers that arrested him), and an Abilene leo died in a weird choking sex act a couple of years back, and those are just some quick examples that i remember off hand. So to think that leo always=great person is naive. I may not be 67, but I don't walk around with blinders on either. Also, although i wasn't preaching about Texas, don't tell me what to preach on

Have a good one

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Grizz] #7972652 09/14/20 12:57 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Grizz
I think this is where most of us are at. We don't know how it actually went down - the officers could be 100% in the right, they could have completely screwed the pooch, or anything in between. The one thing we do know is the OP posted this wanting nothing more than blind support and advice on how to burn the officers. I've been on this Earth way too long to buy into that.

^^This

First person, 9-1-1 caller
Second person, Call take
Third person, Dispatch
Fourth PEOPLE, PD and FD.

No telling what they were told they were going into. Maybe they handled everything perfect based on the information they were given. Maybe they went in too hot, based on the reaction of the person they encountered. A lawyer, and media is absolutely not the next step. Call Abilene PD, make an appointment to speak with their Captain or Asst. Chief, or Chief-1. Go shake hands with a man and speak to him. That damn sure needs to happen before a lawyer or media is involved.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972659 09/14/20 12:59 AM
R
RPLS Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
How many policemen would Abilene have on duty at any time to send five out to check out a person? Was anyone left to guard the city?

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: RPLS] #7972680 09/14/20 01:05 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by RPLS
How many policemen would Abilene have on duty at any time to send five out to check out a person? Was anyone left to guard the city?

The new APD building is in part of the old KMart building, a pretty big place. 216 officers and 60 civilians.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972729 09/14/20 01:27 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
RJH - first of all do not ever refer to my son as "a boy" - he has devoted his life to law enforcement. He does things the right way, has helped so many people during his career and is so much more a man than you could ever dream to be - problem is guys like you do not have have clue - in your mind you think you are a man but you are truly clueless - I could care less about whatever dope head you met - I stated clearly that not all LEOs are perfect but most are awesome. Guys like you do not belong on this forum

You can't fix stupid
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972761 09/14/20 01:44 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: tlk] #7972772 09/14/20 01:52 AM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tlk
RJH - first of all do not ever refer to my son as "a boy" - he has devoted his life to law enforcement. He does things the right way, has helped so many people during his career and is so much more a man than you could ever dream to be - problem is guys like you do not have have clue - in your mind you think you are a man but you are truly clueless - I could care less about whatever dope head you met - I stated clearly that not all LEOs are perfect but most are awesome. Guys like you do not belong on this forum

Wow, so are you the forum police, kicking me off the forum? Can i still use the internet, or am i off that too?

Even though you have stooped to insults, i won't do the same. And I will add, than I never meant any insult by calling your son "your boy", not "a boy," there is a difference.

Have a good one

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: dogcatcher] #7972774 09/14/20 01:52 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
And by the way. My son served on the swat team. Put his life on the line many times to save others. Then he served on the swift water rescue team. Went to houston during Harvey to save many people. Spent days there helping many helpless people. So dont ever call my son a boy

You can't fix stupid
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972776 09/14/20 01:53 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Be a man and go talk to the people at your local PD. A lawyer and the media are not going to do anything to help your cause at all. You live there so go build a relationship with those protecting your property and surrounding area. How is this not the first thing you think of when something like this happens?

[Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: RJH1] #7972778 09/14/20 01:54 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by tlk

Wow, so are you the forum police, kicking me off the forum? Can i still use the internet, or am i off that too?

Even though you have stooped to insults, i won't do the same. And I will add, than I never meant any insult by calling your son "your boy", not "a boy," there is a difference.

Have a good one

Originally Posted by tlk

Have a good one

You can't fix stupid
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: J.G.] #7972788 09/14/20 01:57 AM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
[quote=Grizz]A lawyer, and media is absolutely not the next step. Call Abilene PD, make an appointment to speak with their Captain or Asst. Chief, or Chief-1. Go shake hands with a man and speak to him. That damn sure needs to happen before a lawyer or media is involved.

Maybe, but if a person wants legal advice, a lawyer is the best place he can go. Maybe the OP will listen to a 3rd party that he respects and who isn't part of the issue and that can explain to him the parameters of the law that might be relevant.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: tlk] #7972799 09/14/20 02:00 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
From the guy who told me California might be my place? That is as big an insult there is. Go away

You can't fix stupid
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Bee'z] #7972807 09/14/20 02:02 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Be a man and go talk to the people at your local PD. A lawyer and the media are not going to do anything to help your cause at all. You live there so go build a relationship with those protecting your property and surrounding area. How is this not the first thing you think of when something like this happens?

I got the sense that he didn't think of that because he only wanted everyone to dogpile the PD with him.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: tlk] #7972821 09/14/20 02:08 AM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tlk
From the guy who told me California might be my place? That is as big an insult there is. Go away

From the guy who told me to go to California for respecting the Constitution? Go away....

See this crap doesn't actually lead to any solutions either way, but whatever.

Seriously though, have a good night, and I really do wish you well

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Grizz] #7972823 09/14/20 02:08 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Grizz thanks for your service Sir

You can't fix stupid
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972827 09/14/20 02:09 AM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Would love to see the 5 body cam videos, Im sure they dealt with a real idiot. BACK THE BLUE.

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: tlk] #7972832 09/14/20 02:12 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by tlk
Grizz thanks for your service Sir

cheers

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: RJH1] #7972834 09/14/20 02:13 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by tlk

From the guy who told me to go to California for respecting the Constitution? Go away....

Originally Posted by tlk
Fro.

m the guy who told me California might be my place? That is as big an insult there is. Go away

Oh I am well believe me. No you are right. Bashing LEOs does not lead to any solutions. You posted the BS and started the crap

Last edited by tlk; 09/14/20 02:20 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Grizz] #7972837 09/14/20 02:15 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by Grizz
Originally Posted by 2Beez

I got the sense that he didn't think of that because he only wanted everyone to dogpile the PD with him.

Yea, well F that. I appreciate what you do Sir and I will not turn my back on you even when encounter with a situation like the OP was in. I want you to go home to your family same as me cheers

[Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: tlk] #7972870 09/14/20 02:32 AM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tlk
[q

Oh I am well believe me. No you are right. Bashing LEOs does not lead to any solutions. You posted the BS

What did i post that was BS? Was it when I said that the OP should POSSIBLY get a lawyer and go to the media AFTER filing a compliant? I never bashed LEO, go back and reread my post, but I don't nuthug them either. EVERYONE should be held accountable for their actions and NO ONE should step on the Constitution. So if the indecent went down like the OP said, he files a complaint and nothing gets accomplished, the sure he should possibly go get a lawyer and possibly talk to the media, our local media is not highly liberal, but IF leo is stepping on the Constitution then they should answer for it. I really don't understand how anyone could have an issue with that. Think about it, if there is LEO that is stepping on the Constitution, and filing a complaint doesn't work, who does an individual go to other than a lawyer or the media? You even admit that there are bad cops, so i would think that you would agree that the bad ones should be held accountable for their actions.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: dogcatcher] #7972875 09/14/20 02:37 AM
Dragonuv Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
popcorn

You got any of that popcorn you want to share?

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: RJH1] #7972877 09/14/20 02:39 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I had the first post on this thread. Said go talk to the police chief. You said go to the media. Big difference. I am out.

You can't fix stupid
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Dragonuv] #7972886 09/14/20 02:46 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Dragonuv
popcorn

Plenty to go around.

[Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: tlk] #7972887 09/14/20 02:47 AM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tlk
I had the first post on this thread. Said go talk to the police chief. You said go to the media. Big difference. I am out.

No, i said file a complaint, then possibly get a lawyer and talk to the media. You could very easily quote me, but it doesn't help your narrative to do so, so you didn't. If LEO has nothing to hide then talking to the OP's lawyer or the media shouldn't be an issue, right?

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: dogcatcher] #7972894 09/14/20 02:56 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Dragonuv
popcorn

Plenty to go around.

These threads do smoke out the cop haters at least. popcorn

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide