Forums46
Topics537,952
Posts9,731,002
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972052 09/13/20 05:52 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You've had at least two cops respond in this thread that I know of.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972053 09/13/20 05:52 PM
glocker17 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Ill bite, you asked for an opinion in your original post,

Does the 500ac in question border the city limits?

PD may not have known that they were in county, but being out of the city does not mean they were out of jurisdiction. The PD is not trespassing when entering the property based on a call from dispatch, if they were most every LE response would be trespassing. PD didn't enter into a building or home so that is not really an issue.

Based on your info I don't think anything illegal happened, but certainly it sounds like PD might not have handled it perfectly. I have had a very similar experience on private property and it was taken care of Monday AM with a call to the PD Chief. I suggest you do the same in a calm manner tomorrow and all will be fine.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972055 09/13/20 05:55 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
Originally Posted by skinnerback
You are lashing out at everyone on this thread. Maybe you should calm down before continuing.

I am only lashing out at other hunters that think that it is okay to for the police to show up and harass hunters in the legal pursuit of game and threaten to kill them, and who are trying to find any possible reason to excuse these cops behaviors. Yes, I did ask for the advice of Police, GW, or a Lawyer, none of which has responded so far. The only responses have been from people that have no legal advice or real experience to offer, but have a TON of unfounded bias opinions to try to judge me with, because in their puny brains, the police are NEVER wrong.

I had five guns pointed at me this morning for no reason. I think I have good reason to be a little upset. So deal with it.

There have been two law officers respond to this thread....you are the one assuming again. You did not want to hear what they had to say and are pizzed off at the world.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972063 09/13/20 06:02 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Sounds like you're looking for a reason to sue somebody, You asked for advice and you didn't like the responses. Many LEO's on this Forum. Go to the source of your problem, get an answer, then decide if you have really been wronged. Just my observation.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972064 09/13/20 06:05 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
If you act the way you are now you have probably already pissed off everyone that lives close to you. Good luck when you really need a LEO.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972070 09/13/20 06:09 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
You are not doing yourself any good ranting and the more you do, you sound like your trolling for free legal advice......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972079 09/13/20 06:20 PM
D
Dalee7892 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
With your attitude it's a good thing you didn't get shot butter cup.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972080 09/13/20 06:20 PM
A
AMF Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
If you think you've been wronged, HIRE AN ATTORNEY .

Lemme' tell you something I found out and I mean just recently. If you come on this forum asking for help, you'll get it. And lots of it. But, if you come on here and start some $#!+, they'll drag you up the crack of their assets.

You asked for help and you got it. Now, it's time for you to cowboy up and say "Thank you, gentlemen" and then 'get 'er done'.

Last edited by Duke107; 09/13/20 06:25 PM.
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972087 09/13/20 06:26 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Wow. I assume this was Taylor Co based on your signature line. I’m in Abilene and hunt 60 acres that IS in the City. Last two seasons we have been visited by APD due to cranky neighbors in a subdivision.

Our experience was the complete opposite. Very courteous and professional officers - all 3 that showed up. Something is up. There is more to the story somewhere.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972103 09/13/20 06:51 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
You are lashing out at everyone on this thread. Maybe you should calm down before continuing.

I am only lashing out at other hunters that think that it is okay to for the police to show up and harass hunters in the legal pursuit of game and threaten to kill them, and who are trying to find any possible reason to excuse these cops behaviors. Yes, I did ask for the advice of Police, GW, or a Lawyer, none of which has responded so far. The only responses have been from people that have no legal advice or real experience to offer, but have a TON of unfounded bias opinions to try to judge me with, because in their puny brains, the police are NEVER wrong.

I had five guns pointed at me this morning for no reason. I think I have good reason to be a little upset. So deal with it.

Did you vote for Hillary in the last election confused2

Lets see the Game Wardens were you friends when they came that time you had poachers. Now the police are bad guys because they responded to a complaint a little more aggressive than you like? Did they shoot you? No, did they Handcuff you? No Did they hurt your feelings Obviously laugh

If it were me I would do as someone else already suggested, I would make an appointment with their Captain and share my concern, not continue with your Whining rant on here!

Last edited by Stub; 09/13/20 06:53 PM.

texas flag

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972112 09/13/20 06:59 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
If you feel you were wronged call the agency these guys responded from or call the s o and file a complaint
Don't come on here crying for mommy then go looking for daddy when ya don't hear what ya want

Grow up

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972116 09/13/20 07:06 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Go to the source and quit showing your rear. People will be more cooperative with a compelling argument and not the pissing and moaning demonstrated here. Just the facts please.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972123 09/13/20 07:10 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
peep Do you have a "Vote for Joe Bidden for Pres."
Sign in your yard ... rofl did i type that out load ? bolt

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Trying lighten up d mood....

Getting gun pointed@ ya on your own place for hunting...
Will flame pizza off any one...
Different thread told about a police officer showing up @ door...
He was just doing his job up just following up on report...He never drew his gun..
Had open mike, & back up listning...
He explained reason, & told him it twas bs gave him my side...
That's whin fellow officer, came over on mike asking if he needed back-up...
Officer told him No, everything cool, under control...
We talked little more, he showed me his AR for hog hunts... up He was just doing his job...
The info he got twas bs ...

Not taking sides, but stxranchman made a valuable statement...
How an officer responds to a call, depends on report of situation given...
Whin guns are involved, (not saying its right), as you said, dove season, they should have approached with hand on holstered weapon...

Stay Safe sir...
As another texted, chill abit...
Thar b some cool peoples on dis forum...
Hey, ya can always join d band wagon & dead_horse complain about me gramma
bang well not me gramma, Lord knows she tried...
Stay Safe,
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972129 09/13/20 07:14 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
You have lost all credibility with this forum group. Go complain about how much you hate law enforcement somewhere else.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972132 09/13/20 07:16 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Defund the popo!!! bolt

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: 603Country] #7972133 09/13/20 07:17 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by 603Country
You are quite angry. Rather than just lash out, it would seem reasonable to call the PD and ask (calmly) why the officers went to your place and felt it necessary to have guns drawn. There is a reason why so many cops showed up at your place with guns drawn, so find out what the reason was. I know I’d like to hear their reasoning, so get back to us when you know.

Yeah my post was the very first one and I suggested going and talking to the chief. Takes one simple phone call but Instead the OP wants to keep ranting at everyone - more he rants the more it makes one wonder what really went on

You can't fix stupid
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972140 09/13/20 07:19 PM
B
bigdavehunting Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
When they ask you to put your gun down what was your true response? Was it? Im not doing anything wrong and kept going on with your business, so they drew their guns. I live in Taylor County and there is more to the story and attitude that is being left out. So what is it? Im just an innocent by stander looking for the rest of the story.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Grizz] #7972156 09/13/20 07:36 PM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Grizz

Now its three.

Don't look for legal opinions or legal advice on the internet. If you feel you have been wronged, consult an attorney licensed to practice law in The State Of Texas.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: LeonCarr] #7972174 09/13/20 07:55 PM
A
AMF Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Originally Posted by LeonCarr
Originally Posted by Grizz

Now its three.

Don't look for legal opinions or legal advice on the internet. If you feel you have been wronged, consult an attorney licensed to practice law in The State Of Texas.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

That sounds familiar.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: HuntnFly67] #7972175 09/13/20 07:55 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by HuntnFly67
Wow. I assume this was Taylor Co based on your signature line. I’m in Abilene and hunt 60 acres that IS in the City. Last two seasons we have been visited by APD due to cranky neighbors in a subdivision.

Our experience was the complete opposite. Very courteous and professional officers - all 3 that showed up. Something is up. There is more to the story somewhere.

Abilene also extends into Jones and Callahan counties.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972183 09/13/20 08:04 PM
J
Jhop Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
J
Y'all ought to be careful with this guy, he seems mentality unstable to me. Most reasonable folks can see both sides of the coin. Maybe he shouldn't have a gun.

Retired U. S. Army, which means I still have to work to make a living.
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7972184 09/13/20 08:08 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef

No, I don’t have to deal with anything. You do.

I’m just one of the ones on here that knows what it feels like to have guns pulled on you, and to be shot at. That’s why I recommended that you calm down first, but whatever.

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: Jhop] #7972223 09/13/20 08:32 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Rcinit
Y'all ought to be careful with this guy, he seems mentality unstable to me. Most reasonable folks can see both sides of the coin. Maybe he shouldn't have a gun.

Ha...Red Flag violation?

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: stxranchman] #7972234 09/13/20 08:42 PM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by stxranchman
Originally Posted by stxranchman
Seems you have had history with trespassing and presumed poachers that required the GW and Sheriff to be called. Again..how did they know your were law abiding citizen when you had called them out once before?

You need to just stop before you embarrass yourself. The GW is the proper authority to call if you thinking there is a hunting or fishing violation. The GW will call the Sheriff, if the GW thinks there may be a criminal violation as well. They county Sherrif is the proper authority to call when you are outside the city limits, NOT the City Police. You seem to think that all of these are the SAME thing, which demonstrates a lack of understanding on your part.

Besides this, the property where this latest thing occurred is a totally different piece of property. That is what you get for assuming.

Regardless, hunting dove during dove season is not a crime. Being in a field with on private property with a shotgun is not a crime. Nothing I was doing was a crime. What don't you understand about this? If I were committing a crime, I would have been arrested or fined. You do understand this, right. Since neither of those things happened, that means the cops could find NOTHING I was doing wrong. Get this through your head. If the only reason they were there is as they said, "Report of a man shooting in a field with a shotgun", then they had NO reason to be there because THAT IS NOT A CRIME!!!!!

They responded to a report of a NON-CRIME, trespassed on private property without a warrant or justifiable cause, used the threat of lethal force, when no threat was presented to them. There is no excuse or defence for what they did.

Again...how did they know you were a law abiding citizen when they got the call? How did the person who called know that you were just dove hunting? How did the police know you were"just dove hunting?" Should they just assume? The police knew you were armed and since someone had called in they heard shots fired...how would you want a LEO to respond to a call of shots being fired? You seem to be the one who needs to understand what the definition of assume means. You assumed they would know you were dove hunting when the call they received probably told them they heard shooting. You did a heck of lot more assuming than I have.

Of course there were shots fired, he was dove hunting. Something like this happening is total BS, and I hope anyone who is justifying the cop's actions has it happen to them

Re: I was harassed at gun point by city police while legally hunting dove on my own property!!! [Re: skinnerback] #7972236 09/13/20 08:43 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

No, I don’t have to deal with anything. You do.

I’m just one of the ones on here that knows what it feels like to have guns pulled on you, and to be shot at. That’s why I recommended that you calm down first, but whatever.

you know it also possible that none of this even happend?

I find it hard to believe that 5 Police officers would storm into the middle of a 500 acre ranch guns drawn to investigate a dove shooting.

None of this story makes any kind of sense thus leading me to believe its a farce

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide