texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
jhn103201, WoodsandWater, LARGEchav, Dchill, JacksDaddy
67102 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 103,833
bill oxner 71,577
stxranchman 56,283
SnakeWrangler 53,024
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,451
BMD 41,089
Gravytrain 38,246
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics432,945
Posts6,513,453
Members67,102
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Confused about licenses #7970849 09/12/20 01:58 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 334
D
Duke107 Online Content OP
Bird Dog
OP Online Content
Bird Dog
D
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 334
I'm 68 and about to pass my six month residency requirement to get a license. If I buy a Senior Super Combo Package, what can I NOT hunt or fish?

Re: Confused about licenses [Re: Duke107] #7970972 09/12/20 04:15 PM
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 885
Adchunts Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 885
From the TPWD:

Super Combo License Packages

For Texas residents only. The "Super Combo" includes a hunting and fishing License and five state endorsements at a discounted price. For residents who hunt and fish freshwater and/or saltwater, the "Super Combo" package can save purchasers up to $18. The package includes:

Resident hunting license
Resident fishing license
Archery endorsement
Freshwater fishing endorsement
Saltwater fishing endorsement with a red drum tag
Upland game bird endorsement
Migratory game bird endorsement
Not included: The Federal Duck Stamp, which is required for waterfowl hunting, is not included.

Super Combo Link

You can hunt or fish anything in Texas with the exception of migratory birds that also require a federal duck stamp.

Last edited by Adchunts; 09/12/20 04:15 PM.
Re: Confused about licenses [Re: Duke107] #7970977 09/12/20 04:17 PM
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 2,774
H
Hudbone Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 2,774
I guess the fool you once thing got you

Re: Confused about licenses [Re: Adchunts] #7970993 09/12/20 04:37 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 334
D
Duke107 Online Content OP
Bird Dog
OP Online Content
Bird Dog
D
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 334
Originally Posted by Adchunts
From the TPWD:

Super Combo License Packages

For Texas residents only. The "Super Combo" includes a hunting and fishing License and five state endorsements at a discounted price. For residents who hunt and fish freshwater and/or saltwater, the "Super Combo" package can save purchasers up to $18. The package includes:

Resident hunting license
Resident fishing license
Archery endorsement
Freshwater fishing endorsement
Saltwater fishing endorsement with a red drum tag
Upland game bird endorsement
Migratory game bird endorsement
Not included: The Federal Duck Stamp, which is required for waterfowl hunting, is not included.

Super Combo Link

You can hunt or fish anything in Texas with the exception of migratory birds that also require a federal duck stamp.


So, ducks are the only thing I can't hunt with the package mentioned. Well, that's what I thought, but just wasn't sure. Thank you.

Re: Confused about licenses [Re: Duke107] #7971061 09/12/20 05:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,188
S
sqiggy Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
S
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,188
You can hunt ducks and geese, but you will have to purchase the federal duck stamp. If you don’t hunt waterfowl, then you’re good to go.

Re: Confused about licenses [Re: sqiggy] #7971068 09/12/20 06:10 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 334
D
Duke107 Online Content OP
Bird Dog
OP Online Content
Bird Dog
D
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 334
Originally Posted by sqiggy
You can hunt ducks and geese, but you will have to purchase the federal duck stamp. If you don’t hunt waterfowl, then you’re good to go.


Got it. Thanks.

Re: Confused about licenses [Re: Duke107] #7971091 09/12/20 06:34 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 440
G
Gringocazador Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
G
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 440
I must be confused too, just realizes I haven’t bought my new one yet.


Thanks, Billy
Re: Confused about licenses [Re: Duke107] #7971565 09/13/20 03:03 AM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 135
R
Ratherbefishing Offline
Woodsman
Offline
Woodsman
R
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 135
And for the price of $32.00 since you are 65 or over, you are good to go...

Last edited by Ratherbefishing; 09/13/20 03:04 AM.
Re: Confused about licenses [Re: Duke107] #7971847 09/13/20 02:42 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 652
D
Dennis in Ft Worth Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 652
Be sure to get the HIP (Harvest Information Program) certification on it too.


[Linked Image]
Me and ol' RUGER, 70 years and still shooting.
Re: Confused about licenses [Re: Duke107] #7973430 09/14/20 04:57 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 337
P
PoppinPiggies Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
P
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 337
Also can't hunt sandhill crane unless you go to an actual TPWD office and get the free endorsement


Don't pass the first day of the season what you'd be happy to shoot the last day of the season.
Re: Confused about licenses [Re: PoppinPiggies] #7973748 09/14/20 09:21 PM
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 694
W
Whack n stack Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
W
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 694
Originally Posted by PoppinPiggies
Also can't hunt sandhill crane unless you go to an actual TPWD office and get the free endorsement


Can get it online for $5.00 processing fee.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3