Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Biscuit] #7956738 08/31/20 06:25 PM
C
cephus Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted by EastTXbound
are there any acceptable sugar substitutes ? I love drinking sweet tea and see this as my only huge obstacle to cross in order to make this diet work.

There are a couple that people use on keto but i do know for me personally, anything sweet doesn't help with cravings at the beginning. Carnivore is a subset of keto just pretty much zero carb.

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Cochise] #7956746 08/31/20 06:31 PM
C
cephus Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Cochise
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
So are you also limiting calories or is this a diet where you can eat as much as you want as long as it is the right foods?

The way I understand it - and someone can correct me if I'm wrong - is that you more or less can eat as much as you want - HOWEVER - usually within a week or two - the body finally hits the reset button and you naturally start to limit what you eat because you feel full.

Correct. no tracking calories or anything like that unless you want to and are able to do that and stay sane. The biggest key to success on carnivore (and keto) is getting enough dietary fat. So bacon, ribeyes, etc. I also cook with full fat butter to help this as well.

some people incorporate cheese's and other dairy products as well. I didn't do this for the initial month because i wanted a full detox if you will. This allows you to introduce certain things slowly and see how your body reacts to them.

you will most certainly eat less calories than you were before since it is pretty hard to eat 2k calories of meat in a day......but as your body adapts your needs change.

and the recommended 2k calories for a grown man a day, comes from the US military studying how to feed GI's back in the day...with a 60%+ carb diet. As we know, those carbs get burned first in our body so we constantly need to replenish and hence get on the roller coaster.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #7956849 08/31/20 08:08 PM
J
JessicaDowd Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
-

Last edited by TreeBass; 10/06/20 02:03 PM.
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #7956851 08/31/20 08:08 PM
Chickenman Offline OP
Extremely Right Wing
OP Offline
Extremely Right Wing
Day 28
211 lbs (-16)
Currently eating on a brisket and eggs.
I don't plan on stopping my 30 day adventure but I may smoke some queso this weekend and make gravy for my eggs. Might even have some fruit.

Originally Posted by cephus
So are you also limiting calories or is this a diet where you can eat as much as you want as long as it is the right foods?

The way I understand it - and someone can correct me if I'm wrong - is that you more or less can eat as much as you want - HOWEVER - usually within a week or two - the body finally hits the reset button and you naturally start to limit what you eat because you feel full.

Correct.

You will probably experience a calorie deficit. Watch out for smoked sausage. Some have soy fillers and older ingredient.

I am eating less and fasting longer without being hungry or concerned about food. Its still a very foreign feeling.

are there any acceptable sugar substitutes ? I love drinking sweet tea and see this as my only huge obstacle to cross in order to make this diet work.

As I understand it, no sugar. None. Zero. Not even honey.

[Linked Image]
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #7956862 08/31/20 08:21 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Chickenman
Day 28
211 lbs (-16)
I don't plan on stopping my 30 day adventure but I may smoke some queso this weekend and make gravy for my eggs. Might even have some fruit.

Correct.

You will probably experience a calorie deficit. Watch out for smoked sausage. Some have soy fillers and older ingredient.

I am eating less and fasting longer without being hungry or concerned about food. Its still a very foreign feeling.

So then what are y'all keeping your carbs below? Are you at zero? Are you eating avocados or other low carb vegetables?

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7956877 08/31/20 08:31 PM
C
cephus Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Day 28
211 lbs (-16)

[quote=TXHOGSLAYER]So are you also limiting calories or is this a diet where you can eat as much as you want as long as it is the right foods?

Correct.

So then what are y'all keeping your carbs below? Are you at zero? Are you eating avocados or other low carb vegetables?[/quote]

I'm at zero. I could possibly add some carbs via veggies back in but I'm more disciplined with structure. Being in sales, its much easier for me when going out to socially eat to stick with meats.

beer and wine is a no-go but you can drink whiskey, tequila and vodka with a no-carb mixer such as carbonated water.....for all you wondering.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: cephus] #7956896 08/31/20 08:40 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Day 28
211 lbs (-16)

[quote=Cochise][quote=TXHOGSLAYER]So are you also limiting calories or is this a diet where you can eat as much as you want as long as it is the right foods?

Correct.

So then what are y'all keeping your carbs below? Are you at zero? Are you eating avocados or other low carb vegetables?[/quote]

I'm at zero. I could possibly add some carbs via veggies back in but I'm more disciplined with structure. Being in sales, its much easier for me when going out to socially eat to stick with meats.

beer and wine is a no-go but you can drink whiskey, tequila and vodka with a no-carb mixer such as carbonated water.....for all you wondering.
[/quote]

That was my next question... roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #7957359 09/01/20 03:23 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
A true carnivore diet is nothing but animal products, salt, and water.

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Biscuit] #7961585 09/04/20 05:42 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Monk Fruit seems to be the "One" now of days

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #7969937 09/11/20 04:44 PM
Chickenman Offline OP
Extremely Right Wing
OP Offline
Extremely Right Wing
Day 41
208lbs (-19lbs)

I lost 2 inches on the waist. My 34 pants fit now. Will probably keep it up. I ate a grape, jalapeno, and a two pieces of carrot cake the other day though. Outside of that, its been meat and dairy only. Planning on fixin pico and queso this weekend. Going to eat like carp then get back on it.

[Linked Image]
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #7970007 09/11/20 05:48 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Day 41
208lbs (-19lbs)

I lost 2 inches on the waist. My 34 pants fit now. Will probably keep it up. I ate a grape, jalapeno, and a two pieces of carrot cake the other day though. Outside of that, its been meat and dairy only. Planning on fixin pico and queso this weekend. Going to eat like carp then get back on it.

You the man. cheers

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #7970057 09/11/20 06:26 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
up
Keep it up

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #7980458 09/19/20 07:12 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
I was on a physician monitored ketosis diet for three months for research. It accomplished the same thing as a carnivore diet.

I check my blood sugar throughout the day and I try to keep it under 100 after a meal. It averages around 70-80 and dips into the 60's on occasion.

Ketosis is easy. Stay away from processed foods, starches, alcohol, fruit, sugar and diets drinks and you'll be fine. If you need a sweetner use pure Stevia, nothing else.

An easy way to monitor how you're reacting to the foods you eat is to get a cheap glucometer and test strips and check your bood glucose before and after eating. If your glucose is above 100 you're not in ketosis. I've noticed that some zero calorie drinks and sweetners raise my blood sugar. Anything that raises blood sugar (glucose) will bump you out of ketosis.

Last edited by aerangis; 09/19/20 07:19 PM.
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Biscuit] #8038327 11/05/20 12:20 AM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Biscuit
Monk fruit does not spike my glucose levels. It's a natural sweetner.

Searching the world over for the perfect Chile Relleno.
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #8038486 11/05/20 02:03 AM
Chickenman Offline OP
Extremely Right Wing
OP Offline
Extremely Right Wing
Since it got bumped.... I got down to 202lbs. I may blow away! Eating some avocados during the week and put out on weekends. So far, so good.

[Linked Image]
Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #8038550 11/05/20 02:36 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Tenacity.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: carnivore diet - 30 day goal [Re: Chickenman] #8039469 11/05/20 07:55 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Day 41
208lbs (-19lbs)

It's ok to have cheat days. And, you can technically lose weight eating cake. The key is total caloric intake. If your daily caloric intake is less than your daily caloric needs, you will lose weight.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide