Print Thread
PSA on Nikon Scopes #7958139 09/01/20 06:53 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
As most of you are aware, you can get some good deals on Nikon Scopes right now because they have ceased production of scopes. Well, beware. if you need to send a scop in for warranty, they will give you a store voucher to www.nikon.com so that you can replace your broken item. Unfortunately, you can not replace it with another scope because there are no scopes!

Re: PSA on Nikon Scopes [Re: unclebubba] #7958344 09/01/20 09:25 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I wondered what they were going to do about warranty work on rifle scopes.

It puzzles me to no end. Nikon makes really good glass. Maybe they did, if not they should have had some shooters come in as consultants, in a room with the engineers. Here's the features we need the scopes to have, keep putting your glass in them. Let the bean counters take it from there.

Not saying me, there's thousands of people that could have helped. Probably some inside a hundred miles of Nikon's U.S. headquarters.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: PSA on Nikon Scopes [Re: unclebubba] #7958425 09/01/20 10:49 PM
K
Korean Redneck Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Warning: the following appears to be insensitive but is really just differences in culture.

I'd believe that. Sounds about right for a Japanese company. And there is definitely such a thing as a Japanese business culture. It's been studied for it's good and bad in legit business schools everywhere. Six Sigma is derived from Japanese business culture. These Japanese companies are still maniacally Japanese in culture, even the brands that excel in America like Nikon and Toyota. Analytics and number crunching are highly valued in both Japan culture at large and business. Btw, that's the reason why both Japan, and South Korea for that matter, can now produce generations of highly skilled kids with advance analytical skills and 0 creativity. Their larger economies are suffering because they're basically an army of high skilled workers who don't know what to do with themselves. Waiting around for other nations, like America, for what they need is making their economies being tied to their national security.
Oh, if this seems racist, I got most this from studies done by Japanese and Korean sociologists.

I'm a dude who likes long barrels!
Re: PSA on Nikon Scopes [Re: unclebubba] #7958462 09/01/20 11:19 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
And BTW, I bought this scope long before it was announced that they would cease making scopes. The reticle came lose, and the seal on the front lens popped out. Too bad, because it was nice glass.

Re: PSA on Nikon Scopes [Re: J.G.] #7958599 09/02/20 01:08 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
I wondered what they were going to do about warranty work on rifle scopes.

It puzzles me to no end. Nikon makes really good glass. Maybe they did, if not they should have had some shooters come in as consultants, in a room with the engineers. Here's the features we need the scopes to have, keep putting your glass in them. Let the bean counters take it from there.

Not saying me, there's thousands of people that could have helped. Probably some inside a hundred miles of Nikon's U.S. headquarters.

I’m pretty sure the reason was mainly having to do with the hunting/shooting sport more so than not selling enough product. Sam reason FLIR stopped selling to the public

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide