S

Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7784544 03/25/20 12:36 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
The left will never give up or give in....vote them out!

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7784861 03/25/20 05:10 PM
DeRico Offline
Mobius 1
Mobius 1
WE the PEOPLE, WE the INFORMED.

Thank you and god bless flag

[Linked Image]
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7793162 04/02/20 02:24 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Yep, been following the news on this one and trying to warn others. There is a similar bill introduced in the Senate. S 3254. Keep an eye on these.

Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7797652 04/06/20 05:57 PM
O
on the fly Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
flag

Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7804897 04/13/20 05:47 PM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q
Last week I wrote to my rep, Mac Thornberry in Amarillo. Today I actually got a call back from one of his people wanting to talk about it and get my take on it. First time I ever got a call back. That was kind of cool.

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7953863 08/29/20 05:54 AM
L
luminaughty Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
Things everyone should know who cares about there freedom. First our Second Amendment is a "God given right" also known an “inalienable right.”. The term "god given right" Is the same as saying Since God granted the right NO man has the power to restrict or take the right away. The term "inalienable right" means personal rights held by an individual which are not bestowed by law, custom, or belief, and which cannot be taken or given away, or transferred to another person, are referred to as “inalienable rights.” The U.S. Constitution recognized that certain universal rights cannot be taken away by legislation, as they are beyond the control of a government, being naturally given to every individual at birth, and that these rights are retained throughout life. Next you need to understand our Constitution and Bill of Rights was written for the SOLE purpose of laying out those rights witch our government has NO authority to regulate or restrict in any way. So ALL laws that regulate or restrict how you choose to exercise your second Amendment are UNCONSTITUTIONAL as well as any of your other "God given right" and or “inalienable right.” Even the supreme court justices are ONLY there to make sure cases are Constitution so any time they rule in favor of a law that restricts or limits a right specifically protected under our Constitution or Bill of Rights Their rulings are unconstitutional. When they do this it is what we now refer to as judicial activism. The ONLY reason they have gotten away with it is because "We the People" have let them. Government derives power from the people. This means government by the consent of the governed or people. The phrase consent of the governed refers to the idea that a government 's legitimacy and moral right to use state power is only justified and lawful when consented to by the people or society over which that political power is exercised. "We the people" retain the authority to rescind the power of the government to govern an install a new government that will secure our rights and freedoms at any time. You can learn a lot about this by reading our Declaration of Independence. Thomas Jefferson said "When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil". James Madison said "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations". Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants". Patrick Henry said "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." James Madison said "The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny." Patrick Henry said "[Our Constitution] is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." There are many many more statements made by those who help create America that make clear what the governments role is as well as the peoples duty to defend from tyranny.

Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7953984 08/29/20 01:30 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
They've lost their minds.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7954855 08/30/20 10:59 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Luminaughty, well said but the Libs don't give a damn.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: Dave Davidson] #7955264 08/30/20 06:57 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson

Yeah, except the fact that gun rights are not a God given right/inalienable right. It was/is clearly a man made constitutional right that was written into the constitution as part of the Bill of Rights, amendments to the constitution that men put in there after reading the constitution and realizing it didn’t go far enough. As such man made rights, they can be taken away with further amendments to the constitution, or repealing amendments. We have seen that with prohibition, voting law, income tax, etc.

The inalienable/God given right to self defense has nothing to do with gun rights. Gun rights are all about the ability of a population to protect itself against governments both foreign and domestic, if needed to prevent tyranny. All of those constructs are man made constructs (population/citizenship, govt, tyranny, etc).

Self defense protects life, life is a God given thing and so most consider the right to self defense is a God given human right. Some Christians would argue against a right to self defense but that is a totally different subject.

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 08/30/20 06:59 PM.
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: Texas buckeye] #7955732 08/31/20 12:36 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

Yeah, except the fact that gun rights are not a God given right/inalienable right. It was/is clearly a man made constitutional right that was written into the constitution as part of the Bill of Rights, amendments to the constitution that men put in there after reading the constitution and realizing it didn’t go far enough. As such man made rights, they can be taken away with further amendments to the constitution, or repealing amendments. We have seen that with prohibition, voting law, income tax, etc.

The inalienable/God given right to self defense has nothing to do with gun rights. Gun rights are all about the ability of a population to protect itself against governments both foreign and domestic, if needed to prevent tyranny. All of those constructs are man made constructs (population/citizenship, govt, tyranny, etc).

Self defense protects life, life is a God given thing and so most consider the right to self defense is a God given human right. Some Christians would argue against a right to self defense but that is a totally different subject.

IMO you are so full of sh!t ......... I have the right to defend myself to the best of my ability.........man has no power over my liberty to protect myself........only God has the power to take that away........

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7955790 08/31/20 01:36 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

IMO you are so full of sh!t ......... I have the right to defend myself to the best of my ability.........man has no power over my liberty to protect myself........only God has the power to take that away........

Marc, and you say I am out of your league with regard to reading comprehension? Seriously man, did you even read anything I wrote? I absolutely stated the right to self defense is a God given inalienable right. Please show me where I said it wasn’t. I made the distinction between self defense and gun rights. The constitutional gun rights the US has are all about the right of the citizenship to protect itself from govts. It has nothing to do with self defense. If you care to argue that point that’s fine, let’s argue that point.

However, you might find, if you get past your rage and anger on this forum and stop acting like a friggin drama queen every time you read something and get triggered like a Portland protester, that what actually happened is you totally misread something and it says the exact opposite you think it said. Grow up, stop acting like a teenager saying you are so great at reading comprehension while clearly demonstrating you are quite negligent in that regard.

I know I know, I can’t tell you what to do and why would you listen to me anyway....

flehan

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 08/31/20 01:39 AM.
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7956294 08/31/20 02:10 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
Civil War II, already starting...

One shot is all it should take.
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: yotehater] #7956379 08/31/20 03:01 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by yotehater

No just an internet tough guy being called out for his sharp tongue and inaccurate reading comprehension. I am not at war, ‘‘twas a very quick battle clap

Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: Texas buckeye] #7956790 08/31/20 07:19 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Marc, and you say I am out of your league with regard to reading comprehension? Seriously man, did you even read anything I wrote? I absolutely stated the right to self defense is a God given inalienable right. Please show me where I said it wasn’t. I made the distinction between self defense and gun rights. The constitutional gun rights the US has are all about the right of the citizenship to protect itself from govts. It has nothing to do with self defense. If you care to argue that point that’s fine, let’s argue that point.

However, you might find, if you get past your rage and anger on this forum and stop acting like a friggin drama queen every time you read something and get triggered like a Portland protester, that what actually happened is you totally misread something and it says the exact opposite you think it said. Grow up, stop acting like a teenager saying you are so great at reading comprehension while clearly demonstrating you are quite negligent in that regard.

I know I know, I can’t tell you what to do and why would you listen to me anyway....

flehan

Ok. You stated man determines my gun rights.....no he doesn’t.....only if I submit to him......as soon as God allowed guns on this planet to defend my family from many other threats besides standing armies from that point forward man has no right to take that away from me......that’s part of my God given liberty.....get it? And I am very calm in this thread, not triggered......I simply pointed out IMO your post was so full of sh!t you probably have grass growing on top of your head instead of hair....

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 08/31/20 07:22 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: Texas buckeye] #7956812 08/31/20 07:33 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by yotehater

No just an internet tough guy being called out for his sharp tongue and inaccurate reading comprehension. I am not at war, ‘‘twas a very quick battle clap

You need to stop trying so hard...... you are not cut out for it and make yourself look silly.......just like you did on the lion bobcat thread...

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7957411 09/01/20 04:33 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

salute clap flag

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: National Gun Ban H.R. 5717 [Re: sweetwood] #7957507 09/01/20 11:28 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
MANY years ago, my wife's Aunt visited us. I had a torn down 9mm on the couch that I was messing with. She got all nervous and weird about seeing a gun. I explained that it was actually pieces of a gun. It didn't help. She left and that was OK with me.

That's the type of people we are dealing with. Or, at least one of the types.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide