Print Thread
Advice on pics of animals on lease property #7942371 08/19/20 06:54 PM
B
booskay Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
If you are trying to lease land, and post pics from 2014, it raises questions ---- if you post pics with no date ( all game cams have dates on the pics) it also is suspicious. I would advise posting pics no more than 4 or 5 months old with the date showing on the pics. Just a tip.

Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: booskay] #7942377 08/19/20 06:58 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I feel the same way about outfitters' websites. If you can't update it 'cause you're "just too busy", you better get someone who can.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: booskay] #7942408 08/19/20 07:20 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
The old pics are helpful to know what the type animals could be there on the lease. The dates cut off would be a concern though. The newer pics may have been left off due to the fear of poaching or something else....maybe they have been shot out. I like to see recent years kill pics more than TC pics. Seeing a deer in pics does not mean they stay there in season. Some places never change the date if it wrong I have found also. What I like to see are kill pics that are recent and any records they kept on deer taken. If I see a place that interests me for lease and they have pics..I will right click on the pic and "Search Google for the image"...lot of info can found at times doing this. Many times it will not show anything related to the pic though.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: stxranchman] #7942483 08/19/20 08:01 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
speaking of using pictures. About ten years ago I shot a 201 inch B&C buck. His picture was in Las Cazadores. Few months later I am looking through some outfitter ads and ran across this guy selling hunts. Guess whose picture he used in his ad???? Called the guy and played dumb and asked him about the deer, who shot it, etc. After hearing his lies I told him that it was my deer and he had one hour to take it off his site or I would sue the hell out of him. It was down within half an hour.

Unfortunately it seems to happen pretty often - deer picture that are from other ranches, etc.

Last edited by tlk; 08/19/20 08:02 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: booskay] #7942619 08/19/20 09:28 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Only thing I'll add is the vast majority of game cameras are crap, the date and time stamp seems to be the first thing to fail or start on a date no where near where you set them. Not withstanding those who never set the date and time before they put them out. I'd be more interested in seeing where the photos were taken, as STX mentioned it will give you an idea of what the area can produce.

Last edited by Txhunter65; 08/19/20 09:29 PM.
Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: booskay] #7942800 08/19/20 11:15 PM
kwrhuntinglab Online Shocked
"The Guardian"
Online Shocked
"The Guardian"
I could care less about the pics.... I am more interested in recommendations from others and hearing from past experiences. Seeing deer shot from the past doesn't bother me one bit. I have a guy that I have hunted with that hasn't updated his site in a few years, but I know the quality of deer he has and the experience that he provides. That's worth more to me than pics....

Spend time with the ones you love. Time is not guaranteed.
Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: booskay] #7943302 08/20/20 12:03 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by booskay
If you are trying to lease land, and post pics from 2014, it raises questions ---- if you post pics with no date ( all game cams have dates on the pics) it also is suspicious. I would advise posting pics no more than 4 or 5 months old with the date showing on the pics. Just a tip.

Are you trying to lease land?

Assuming not, it’s kinda like people without kids telling parents how they should raise their kids.

I doubt anyone leasing land has to show any pics to get it leased.

If the lease holder is sketchy, that’s one thing. But most landowners don't have recent pics.

Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: booskay] #7943316 08/20/20 12:20 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Agree that leases don't need pics, but as far as websites go, current pics not only show the game, but speak volumes as to whether the outfitter, guide, etc. has their act together or not. People that blow off details because they decree they're not important aren't getting my business.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: booskay] #7943477 08/20/20 02:27 PM
A
AZBear Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
I know the lease manager where I hunted near Evant used the same pics for several years. There were also several big deer killed around 2008. Those same pictures were used last year when they were splitting up the ranch and selling. I got off that lease in 2012 because I only saw 5 deer on 1,000 acres all year.

You can have old ones but also need new ones. But every now and then when you set a camera up the date resets and you don't realize it. I've done that.

Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: maximus_flavius] #7943550 08/20/20 03:45 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius

Assuming not, it’s kinda like people without kids telling parents how they should raise their kids.

If the lease holder is sketchy, that’s one thing. But most landowners don't have recent pics.

Yeah its a shame that those without kids do not have any first hand experience at being young.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: booskay] #7943589 08/20/20 04:05 PM
B
booskay Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
I did not address the issue whether the land owner should or should not post pics-------- I addressed the issue of pics that are posted. What I said was the pics you post need to be current . Geeeesh,,, apparently some parents needed to teach their kids to read more carefully.

Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: maximus_flavius] #7944026 08/20/20 09:04 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

No way I get on a lease without some pictures and dates - both killed and on the hoof. I am pretty sure most others leasing would want the same. Otherwise it would be like buying a new car unseen - "most landowners don't have recent pics" - sorry but I do not believe that - why wouldn't they?

Last edited by tlk; 08/20/20 10:48 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: tlk] #7944689 08/21/20 12:50 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by tlk

"most landowners don't have recent pics" - sorry but I do not believe that - why wouldn't they?

Because most “Farmer Joe’s” wanting to lease their place don’t have any feeders or cameras up. That’s up to the new lease guys.

If they have feeders, stands & cameras, they probably already run hunts or outfit for hunts.

Don’t lease a spot without current pics, I couldn’t care less. You’ll be skipping over some good property, if your lucky enough to find a place to start with.

There’s certainly lots of other factors I’d put before insisting that the owner has recent pics. Acreage, number of hunters, area, amenities, etc

Almost anywhere in Texas that you set up a good feeder, you’ll have deer within a week. In a month, you’ll have several.

Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: maximus_flavius] #7944730 08/21/20 01:09 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by tlk

"most landowners don't have recent pics" - sorry but I do not believe that - why wouldn't they?

Because most “Farmer Joe’s” wanting to lease their place don’t have any feeders or cameras up. That’s up to the new lease guys.

If they have feeders, stands & cameras, they probably already run hunts or outfit for hunts.

Don’t lease a spot without current pics, I couldn’t care less. You’ll be skipping over some good property, if your lucky enough to find a place to start with.

There’s certainly lots of other factors I’d put before insisting that the owner has recent pics. Acreage, number of hunters, area, amenities, etc

Almost anywhere in Texas that you set up a good feeder, you’ll have deer within a week. In a month, you’ll have several.

Sound advice Maximus.

Re: Advice on pics of animals on lease property [Re: maximus_flavius] #7944774 08/21/20 01:48 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by tlk

Of course there are many other factors to getting on a lease. I have just been involved over my years both leasing and having to find new members to join a lease and my experience (especially if it is a fairly expensive lease) is that most hunters like to see the quality of deer the place has produced before they sign on. We will just agree to disagree

You can't fix stupid
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide