Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7940630 08/18/20 02:25 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Trump says they're stretched too thin, delivering Amazon for cheap.
He plans an overhaul.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7940682 08/18/20 03:05 PM
Sidebuster Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I retired from the USPS. They have several major flaws. They are union, not allowed to be run like a business and for the last several decades employment requires quotas and affirmative action.

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7940722 08/18/20 03:36 PM
B
Big_Country01 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
I have had very few problems with USPS until recently. Took 8 days for a 2-Day delivery from Longview to BCS.

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7940728 08/18/20 03:46 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Short answer.

Its run by the government.

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7940940 08/18/20 07:10 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Bought a Kriss Vector in 10mm and it was shipped last Thursday and once it hit the distribution center it has sat there since. I also ordered a brace and side folder for it, some 30 round mags, red dot, and suppressor mount. The red dot and mags arrived Monday and the side folder and brace arrived today. The gun and suppressor mount were both shipped USPS neither has moved since they hit the distribution centers in the cities they were shipped in. Everything else shipped fed ex.

They have a warning about slower ship times due to COVID but come on hasn’t moved in 5 days?

Kriss huh? Wish I had your $$$$.

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: Sneaky] #7940977 08/18/20 07:54 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by Sneaky
This is why you don’t bail companies out. Let them die.

It is not a company, it is a service.

"The Postal Service is legally obligated to serve all Americans, regardless of geography, at uniform price and quality"

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: 9x19] #7940982 08/18/20 07:59 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by 9x19
Foe me, USPS has been fine as long as it doesn't pass thru Coppell... if it's going to be delayed, that's where it always happens.

Exactly. I recently had a package coming from Midway and it landed in Coppell. Ten days later it was still sitting there so I call them and they sent it to Wisconsin. I guess they don't like being called.

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: Choctaw] #7941056 08/18/20 08:48 PM
H
Hunter-Steve Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by 9x19
Foe me, USPS has been fine as long as it doesn't pass thru Coppell... if it's going to be delayed, that's where it always happens.

Exactly. I recently had a package coming from Midway and it landed in Coppell. Ten days later it was still sitting there so I call them and they sent it to Wisconsin. I guess they don't like being called.

I had the same experience.. Mine went to Wisconsin and then delivered to the wrong address in Ohio.. they never recovered the item and I had to file for a refund.

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7941061 08/18/20 08:52 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
If we get mail form my sons school it goes thru Dallas. We have a local po. confused2

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: ndhunter] #7941152 08/18/20 10:06 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ndhunter

"The Postal Service is legally obligated to serve all Americans, regardless of geography, at uniform price and quality"

I don’t care what it’s called. It’s useless. Let it die.

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7941157 08/18/20 10:10 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Don’t let it die till I get my new trigger. Seems to be hung up in FTW.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7941227 08/18/20 11:03 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Never had a problem. Even with a check in the mail.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7941634 08/19/20 04:14 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7941643 08/19/20 04:25 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/po...77Ib406VJ7TtPSgOWrkYbCp_MxNOgS0pHq87-PUc

USPS flashback: Obama administration removed thousands of mailboxes
2016 report: 'Nationally the number of collection boxes declined by more than 12,000 in the past five years'

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Trump: I want to make the post office great again
President Trump has faced backlash over recent measures the U.S. Postal Service has taken to reduce service as November’s election approaches, including removing mail collection boxes from street locations. But eliminating mailboxes is nothing new and something that took place quite a bit during the Obama administration.

A pair of USPS inspector general reports provide details regarding the removal of thousands of mailboxes in the U.S., and during Obama’s second term people complained that too many mailboxes were taken away.

“Nationally the number of collection boxes declined by more than 12,000 in the past five years,” an August 2016 report said. “Some customers have complained the Postal Service has gone too far and removed most collection boxes, except those at the Post Office. In addition, they have questioned whether any cost savings result from collection box removals.”

The same report revealed that in a 17-month period during Obama’s second term, hundreds of mailboxes were removed without following the appropriate process, as “322 out-of-service boxes were permanently removed from the street without Eastern Area approval or public notification to customers.”

At the same time, that report and another from September 2017 show that there are good reasons for eliminating mailboxes, such as underuse, and that even more mailboxes should have been removed over the years, which would have saved the government hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. The five-year total of 12,000 removed mailboxes jumped to 14,000 in the 2017 report.

Oregon residents were dismayed when four mailboxes were seen being taken away in Portland and 27 in Eugene in recent days, but according to USPS spokesman Ernie Swanson, this is just business as usual.

Swanson told the Willamette Week that the boxes were removed “because of declining mail volume," stating that “since the pandemic came along, people are mailing less for some reason."

Reducing mailboxes has been one of several measures that Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has undertaken in the past three months, including a clampdown on overtime that postal workers had used to clear mail backlogs, and the removal of 671 mail-sorting machines, roughly 10 percent of the inventory, the Washington Post reported.

While these moves have been explained as cost-cutting measures, Democrats have been concerned that the reduction in mail service has been an intentional move made to impair the ability for Americans to vote by mail in November’s election.

Indeed, the U.S. Postal Service sent letters warning 46 states and the District of Columbia that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail will arrive in time to be counted.

The suspicion turned to outrage after President Trump admitted in an interview with FOX Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo that he is loath to give additional funding to the Postal Service because it would make mail-in voting easier.

Bipartisan backlash over Trump's post office changesVideo
“Now, if we don’t make a deal, that means they don’t get the money. That means they can’t have universal mail-in voting, they just can’t have it,” Trump said.

placeholder
The president has supported absentee voting via mail so that people do not have to risk catching coronavirus by voting in person, but has warned that sending ballots to every registered voter — which nine states are planning to do — exposes the system to fraud because ballots will be sent to people who have died, moved or are otherwise ineligible to vote, and those ballots could then be fraudulently filled out and submitted.

Trump has said that he would support giving money to the Postal Service if Democrats agreed to other measures that would be part of a new coronavirus stimulus bill.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Fox News’ John Roberts on Friday asked Trump if he would be willing to offer the $25 billion for the ailing USPS, including $3.5 billion in election resources, should Democrats be willing to cave on some of the demands Trump has voiced.

“Sure, if they give us what we want,” the president said during a press conference. “And it's not what I want, it's what the American people want.”

Fox News' Marisa Schultz, Morgan Phillips, and Evie Fordham contributed to this repor

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: Sneaky] #7941918 08/19/20 02:00 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by ndhunter

I don’t care what it’s called. It’s useless. Let it die.

A common sentiment even before the rise in ecommerce but nobody has come up with a viable alternative. Letting it die does not sound like much of a plan.

``If it means putting `For Sale' signs in our lobby windows and selling off the mail to the highest bidder, that's a bad idea,'' Mr. Runyon said in a National Press Club speech. ``No private company accountable to Wall Street can carry out our national mandate [for universal delivery at uniform prices].''

``On the other hand, if they mean freeing the Postal Service to become more businesslike and market-driven, we have something to talk about,'' Runyon added. Changes such as incentive pay and more flexibility to introduce new products would allow USPS to become more competitive, he said. ``With enough latitude, I believe one day we could become a profit center for the federal government.''

https://www.csmonitor.com/1995/0207/07014.html

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7942092 08/19/20 03:43 PM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
It is a service not a business. If we killed all the services supported by the government then there would be a lot of things missing.

USPS basically makes every single house in the United States every day. Think about that. Current ecommerce volume is at a record high, USPS is setup to deliver envelopes not your toilet paper, however they aren't allowed to make necessary adjustments to accommodate.

UPS, FedEx, ect… aren't competitors. They use the PO for the last mile because they aren't capable of hitting every address. If they were, you would be on here griping about what it costs to ship items.

Yes there are issues, changes need to be made, but most of those issues are directly related to an individual carrier who doesn't like their job.

Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: Leonardo] #7942102 08/19/20 03:50 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Leonardo
It is a service not a business. If we killed all the services supported by the government then there would be a lot of things missing.

USPS basically makes every single house in the United States every day. Think about that. Current ecommerce volume is at a record high, USPS is setup to deliver envelopes not your toilet paper, however they aren't allowed to make necessary adjustments to accommodate.

UPS, FedEx, ect… aren't competitors. They use the PO for the last mile because they aren't capable of hitting every address. If they were, you would be on here griping about what it costs to ship items.

Yes there are issues, changes need to be made, but most of those issues are directly related to an individual carrier who doesn't like their job.

I think the price will soon go up on shipping packages, just to cover the costs incurred by the USPS to provide this service to UPS, FEDEX etc.. .

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: What is wrong with USPS? [Re: KRoyal] #7944848 08/21/20 02:55 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
There is probably a logical explanation for all of this

The good old U.S. Postal Service has never been as interesting — or as pivotal — as it is right now. The legitimacy of mail-in voting and the outcome of the presidential election hang in the balance. So Postmaster General Louis DeJoy’s appearances before the Senate today and the House of Representatives on Monday are opportunities for legislators to grill him, under oath, about the upheaval and controversy accompanying him as he settles into his new job.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article245120510.html

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide