Page 1 of 2 1 2
How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? #7928122 08/08/20 06:12 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
I've lost 50lbs, need to lose another 30 or so. Dieting will help BUT I think , to get rid of "phat azz" , I need to exercise .

Our workout facility here has finally opened back up. I have to wear a mask but I get to get on the machines. They have about every machine ther is.

REMEMBER, I'm 68 years old, so I can't exercise like most of you.

What would you suggest , exercise wise, I need to be concentrating on for losing my big butt and love spare tires

PS, I cant jog, both my knees are B O B , please remember this as you create my workout program.

I will reach out to the fitness managers here too.

Last edited by Buzzsaw; 08/08/20 06:14 PM.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928150 08/08/20 07:02 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
You can’t target specific areas of fat. Where your body stores fat is genetic. All you can do is lose fat. The best way to do that is resistance training.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928156 08/08/20 07:13 PM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
If the knees will allow it, WALK, WALK WALK. You burn the same amount of calories walking a mile as you do running a mile but walking is a lot easier on joints, especially for us senior citizens. Cutting back on calories will help in burning fat faster.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928169 08/08/20 07:29 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Yep, you cant target fat loss. You just have to lose fat overall. Ive lost 70 lbs and the place I want to lose it the most (my man boob area) is still holding on. Im skinny muscular in my legs, arms, shoulders but still have the man boob flab and some stomach flab. Which is why Im still working at it after over a year of body transformation.

Also, Im 42 and have had three back surgeries and knee surgery. Ive got a three level fusion in my back. So, I have to be careful with exercising and I cant run/jog either. I hit the gym every other day, start out with 20 minutes walking on the treadmill at a good pace and then lift weights. I had to start with very light weights and there are certain exercises I cant do because of my back. But, it has helped a lot. I lost all my weight using only diet. I ended up skinny fat. Since then Ive spent all my time on body transformation maintaining the same weight but burning fat and building muscle.

Last edited by Nathan at Fork; 08/08/20 07:32 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928181 08/08/20 07:40 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
You can't target fat loss but you can strengthen the muscles in that area which will help. There are plenty of good exercises to target firming that area. Find a routine that suits your physical abilities and use that. Don't have unreasonable expectations.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928247 08/08/20 08:55 PM
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Walk if your knees can handle it.

Get arch supports to prevent plantar paciatis Set a weekly goal, so if you miss a day you can make it up. I say start out with 10 mile goal a week.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928259 08/08/20 09:10 PM
S
StephenB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Swim.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928314 08/08/20 10:29 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
You guys are GREAT !! THanks so much

just got back from the pool , did more drinkin than swimming but I have a place to start thanks to all you guys.

Going to the GF's to grill a Prime steak, fresh corn and Hatch chilis.

gym tomorrow chicken

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928421 08/09/20 12:35 AM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

just got back from the pool , did more drinkin than swimming but I have a place to start thanks to all you guys.

gym tomorrow chicken

Leave the Prime steak off the menu and replace it with a skinless chicken breast.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: DLALLDER] #7928425 08/09/20 12:39 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by DLALLDER

gym tomorrow chicken

Leave the Prime steak off the menu and replace it with a skinless chicken breast.

Horrible advice. Steaks are high fat and protein, which are essential to any healthy diet.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Sneaky] #7928522 08/09/20 02:03 AM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Sneaky

gym tomorrow chicken

Horrible advice. Steaks are high fat and protein, which are essential to any healthy diet.

Not when a person is trying to lose weight!!!

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928568 08/09/20 03:07 AM
oldoak2000 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Walking on treadmill, but with high incline. up
Work up to Going 40 min at 80% heart rate.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928599 08/09/20 04:00 AM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
If your knees are bad a high incline won't be good but you need to walk. Walking will help you lose weight but won't help you tone up find a good stretching and core routine
I start with two sets of super hero raises then do the upper facing dog yoga form.
I then flip over and do bridge raises and then IT band stretches.
Two sets of bicycle crunches then a cobra yoga form stretch.
The I do a complete body stretch routine
I do that MWF other days I just do the IT band add full body stretch.
I walk 4 miles 5 or 6 days a week.
I need to add that between arthritis in one shoulder and a partially torn rotator cuff in the other I'm limited.

Last edited by nsmike; 08/09/20 04:07 AM.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928601 08/09/20 04:11 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
You lucky bastard. At least you don't have noassatall disease like I do! Work it!

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: DLALLDER] #7928614 08/09/20 04:29 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Wrong again. Do some research and quit listening to the food pyramid scam artists. The best way to lose fat (which is the goal, as opposed to losing weight) is a diet high in fats and protein and low in carbs. Look it up.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928717 08/09/20 12:45 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Keto

Hard core, don't cheat once for two weeks to prove to yourself you can do it and to show yourself the results. Don't worry about portions, eat all the fat and protein you want, zero carbs and zero sugar is your goal every day. You can have steak, lobster, wedge salad, bacon/eggs, for starters. Don't forget my favorite, meat pudding (pulled pork), with cabbage cole slaw. Make a dressing using stevia to sweeten it up. Alcohol slows down your metabolism, avoid it, as long as you can. Try to go three days with zero booze, then maybe 2-3 oz of vodka over a zero sugar/zero calorie flavored carbonated water. There's a beverage called "ICE", in a lot of flavors that make a great keto mixed drink with vodka. You do this and you'll loose weight in your sleep, no kidding.

You can drive yourself crazy reading all the books and menu guides for the keto diet, but all I did was read the list of what a person can and can not have on keto and it works.

Exercise..........elliptical machine. Zero shock to your joints. Weights, all you want. Light or heavy, just do it, something every day just a different muscle group than the day before. Do this for two weeks. The diet and exercise and check back in.

Good Luck, I'm in the mountains and hope when I get back I hope you tell us you took this advice and it worked.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928760 08/09/20 01:22 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Buy yourself a run down piece of property and try to get it back in shape. It does it for me.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: don k] #7928917 08/09/20 03:31 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by don k
Buy yourself a run down piece of property and try to get it back in shape. It does it for me.

Heck yeah, digging a 75' ditch 18" deep by hand has been a real workout.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928926 08/09/20 03:43 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Do excercises that target the glutes. Squats, let presses, lunges.

Go light on the weight and work up.

Dieting will only get you so far you need to add muscle mass

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928930 08/09/20 03:47 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
The stair stepper machine will help too

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928933 08/09/20 03:50 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
You might have to get it surgically removed if you have been big for a long time

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: DLALLDER] #7928935 08/09/20 03:51 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

gym tomorrow chicken

Obviously you have never studied Keto Style diets, Meat and high fats help remove weight off your body

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928938 08/09/20 03:53 PM
HWY_MAN Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I've lost 50lbs, need to lose another 30 or so. Dieting will help BUT I think , to get rid of "phat azz" , I need to exercise .

Our workout facility here has finally opened back up. I have to wear a mask but I get to get on the machines. They have about every machine ther is.

REMEMBER, I'm 68 years old, so I can't exercise like most of you.

What would you suggest , exercise wise, I need to be concentrating on for losing my big butt and love spare tires

PS, I cant jog, both my knees are B O B , please remember this as you create my workout program.

I will reach out to the fitness managers here too.

All branches of the military used to issue an exercise book (60's) that involved in home exercise. Jumping Jacks and running in place are great to take off azz fat. I'd love to find another one of those books, no weights needed, you used your own weight. I think you can still get the old Royal Canadian exercise book, pretty much the same thing.

Last edited by HWY_MAN; 08/09/20 03:55 PM.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7928962 08/09/20 04:12 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
For someone with bad knees and wanting a good fat burning program, I think swimming would be at the top of my list.

Grab a kick board, keep your legs straight, and swim laps with it, you will feel a burn in your hips and bum you have never felt. Alternate at first a lap with kick boss and then swim a regular lap or two than back to the kick board.

Targeting the lower body with a kick board will work nearly every muscle in your legs up
Through your hips and even your core. But should not place much stress on your knees.

Get your body burning fat to get rid of the butt fat.

As always, you want to reduce your caloric intake to go into a caloric deficit, that is the “only” way to ultimately burn fat. You need your body to rip into your fat stores for energy needs, and the way to do that is through caloric deficit. The reason high protein diets work is carb and protein have the same calories per gram, but people can eat a whole lot more carbs per serving than protein typically. So high protein diets will be more satiating (filling) and give that satiated feeling longer than a high carb diet. Also, the body isn’t selective on its calories used, if you eat a bunch of carbs and then need energy it’s going to use up the carb energy in the blood stream already, and not rip into those fat stores unless absolutely needed. With a high protein low carb diet, the body doesn’t have all that free blood energy so it needs to get into fat stores earlier. It’s simple caloric economics.

I will say this to my grave, the worst thing America did for the obesity problem was trade out fats for carbs in the form of the “low fat” fad we all went through and most still believe. DO NOT buy low fat anything, they simply replaced fat with carb and thought that would solve our obesity problem. All it did was create a bunch of diabetics that are obese. Eat real foods, and try to stick with high protein, low carb, and don’t worry about the fat percent, worry about calories in and calories out. That’s what matters the most. Good luck

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7928994 08/09/20 04:38 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

I will say this to my grave, the worst thing America did for the obesity problem was trade out fats for carbs in the form of the “low fat” fad we all went through and most still believe. DO NOT buy low fat anything, they simply replaced fat with carb and thought that would solve our obesity problem. All it did was create a bunch of diabetics that are obese. Eat real foods, and try to stick with high protein, low carb, and don’t worry about the fat percent, worry about calories in and calories out. That’s what matters the most. Good luck

Valid points, I think the fat keeps the hunger away which keeps one from getting hunger or hunger and cranky, you just get mildly hungry when eating fats.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7929042 08/09/20 05:31 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Swimming and walking in water waist deep or better chest deep provides some resistance and easier on knees.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: unclebubba] #7934314 08/13/20 08:44 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Might try some intermitent fasting as well. Several days a week I eat dinner at 5:30 and don't eat again until 11:30 or noon the next day, and that "meal" is just a big ole spoon of peanut butter.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
You lucky bastard. At least you don't have noassatall disease like I do! Work it!

My wife calls me "noa$$" and says that my kids got their "noa$$" from me.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7934363 08/13/20 09:04 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
You can't drive in a railroad spike with a tack hammer. Just saying.

Re: How do you lose AZZ FAT ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7934475 08/13/20 10:34 PM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I ran until I was in my early 30s and my knees bothered me. Now I'm 64 and have been walking or using a Nordic Track Cross Country ski machine ever since I quit running. I actually wore my first Nordic Track that I bought over thirty years ago out and got another one. I'm referring to the old original one. It is easy on the knees and the best aerobic exercise I've ever tried.

When my knees don't bother me I prefer to just be outside. This is my first afternoon in about a week to not be on the school track or my county road between 5 & 6 in the evening, even as hot as it has been. I wimped out today at 109 "feels like" temp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide