4-5 HUNTERS
THANKS

Re: DEER LEASE WANTED [Re: Gun433] #7918169 07/30/20 12:09 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
This kind of post wil most likely lead to nothing or response from someone chasing their next victim for a lease scam......decent to good leases require YOU to contact the landowner or leasing agent first in line with cash deposit ready to secure the lease...... Good leases don't have to call anyone....... especially ones that are as close as you desire.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: DEER LEASE WANTED [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7918194 07/30/20 12:29 PM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
This kind of post wil most likely lead to nothing or response from someone chasing their next victim for a lease scam......decent to good leases require YOU to contact the landowner or leasing agent first in line with cash deposit ready to secure the lease...... Good leases don't have to call anyone....... especially ones that are as close as you desire.....

Well said.

Re: DEER LEASE WANTED [Re: Gun433] #7918448 07/30/20 04:25 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Look through these https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/17/1/land-leases

Check craigslist and facebook market place in areas you are interested in.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: DEER LEASE WANTED [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7918781 07/30/20 09:43 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F

Pitches advise is usually pretty solid and this one has a lot of validity to it. Im gonna try to elaborate some on what I think hes saying and then offer some advise as well. Hes basically saying that GOOD leases are very hard to find. Pitch, and others along with me, in the past have listed out many ways that a SERIOUS lease searcher can go about looking and a lot of it requires boots on the ground and a lot of networking and pulling out all stops. If you want to put in some effort you can go way back in the "land and leases" section and see a lot of good advice about how to go about a serious search. Keep in mind that looking for a lease is like looking for a job in that the interview process works both ways. Merely having a check book in hand is enough for the everyday leases but you have to sell yourself to get on the good leases(if you can find one).
I think your efforts posting on here are not wasted at all because you just never know. What I would recommend is to put a lot more information about what you are looking for and as much about your group as you feel comfortable sharing. Trophy, meat, family, good time, join other group or by yourselves, etc etc. Giving some idea of a budget can be important as well. The vast majority of "good" leases are not going to be cheap and the vast majority of hunters want cheap. If you want cheap then I wish you luck but if you are willing to pay good money then I would say that in your post. A lot of people that have available leases may not respond to a real generic post like yours but IF you show you are willing to pay good money and willing to put some effort into explaining about your situation then you may get the reply that you want. Ill go further and give a first hand example. Personally I hunt and manage two large leases made up of over 20 hunters. When you have that many guys there will always be a little turnover no matter how great a place you have. When we have an opening, like Pitch said, it goes very fast. IF I had an opening I likely would not contact you unless you mentioned a budget and told a lot about what you were all about. You may think that can be handled after initial contact but people like me just get tired of talking with tire kickers(not saying you are but lots out there) so the opportunity to "sell" yourself will never come if you dont do it in your initial posts. I often have people contact me about a spot and then we develop a relationship and a year or two later a spot opens and thats who I call.
Well, that may of been a little much but if its fallen on deaf ears then I at least hope it helps some one else out there. Good luck and welcome to our Forum.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: DEER LEASE WANTED [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7919327 07/31/20 01:52 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Yup

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: DEER LEASE WANTED [Re: Gun433] #7919331 07/31/20 01:55 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
^^^all good advise ... something that always comes to my mind ... you only get one shot at first impressions ...

need to sell yourself and identify what you are looking for, must haves, nice to have, would be okay to have and price points ... all up front.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: DEER LEASE WANTED [Re: freerange] #7921172 08/02/20 05:02 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by freerange

Pitches advise is usually pretty solid and this one has a lot of validity to it. Im gonna try to elaborate some on what I think hes saying and then offer some advise as well. Hes basically saying that GOOD leases are very hard to find. Pitch, and others along with me, in the past have listed out many ways that a SERIOUS lease searcher can go about looking and a lot of it requires boots on the ground and a lot of networking and pulling out all stops. If you want to put in some effort you can go way back in the "land and leases" section and see a lot of good advice about how to go about a serious search. Keep in mind that looking for a lease is like looking for a job in that the interview process works both ways. Merely having a check book in hand is enough for the everyday leases but you have to sell yourself to get on the good leases(if you can find one).
I think your efforts posting on here are not wasted at all because you just never know. What I would recommend is to put a lot more information about what you are looking for and as much about your group as you feel comfortable sharing. Trophy, meat, family, good time, join other group or by yourselves, etc etc. Giving some idea of a budget can be important as well. The vast majority of "good" leases are not going to be cheap and the vast majority of hunters want cheap. If you want cheap then I wish you luck but if you are willing to pay good money then I would say that in your post. A lot of people that have available leases may not respond to a real generic post like yours but IF you show you are willing to pay good money and willing to put some effort into explaining about your situation then you may get the reply that you want. Ill go further and give a first hand example. Personally I hunt and manage two large leases made up of over 20 hunters. When you have that many guys there will always be a little turnover no matter how great a place you have. When we have an opening, like Pitch said, it goes very fast. IF I had an opening I likely would not contact you unless you mentioned a budget and told a lot about what you were all about. You may think that can be handled after initial contact but people like me just get tired of talking with tire kickers(not saying you are but lots out there) so the opportunity to "sell" yourself will never come if you dont do it in your initial posts. I often have people contact me about a spot and then we develop a relationship and a year or two later a spot opens and thats who I call.
Well, that may of been a little much but if its fallen on deaf ears then I at least hope it helps some one else out there. Good luck and welcome to our Forum.

As you know I too manage a lease with 12 hunters. When we have an opening I learned that I cannot spend an hour on the phone with each potential hunter - many are just tire kicking and or trying to milk information about your ranch. My approach is that when I am contacted about by a potential hunter I email all the details of the lease (including total cost) plus our rules. That typically weeds out most folks who are not serious about it plus saves me tons of time. Once they read all the details if they are still interested then I will spend all the time they want answering questions. I also make it a habit of meeting face to face with the hunter if they sound like a fit on the phone and are serious. Overall this system has worked pretty well. Of course you never REALLY know someone until you spend time in camp with them. I have been fooled a couple of times.

You can't fix stupid
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide