Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: Buzzsaw] #7911460 07/24/20 01:47 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Its hard to say an addiction is a life choice. Yes, you "try it" once, like it, try it again, then its too late for most. I can blame my eating disorder on many things, re; heredity, being in the food industry for 46 years, eating was a HUGE deal when I was a kid. Meals were the highlight of my day, still is.I had all these things working against me.

I have help now, a support group, albeit a small one. I'm trying to eat healthy, walk every morning. I've lost 50# now since February. Its a struggle, I still have cravings at night while watching TV.

Nobody says I want to be an addict! Most people that drink alcohol show signs of addiction, either physical, mental or social. If you're drinking daily you might want to tap the brakes. If you can't go to a social event where alcohol is served you might want to tap the brakes, If your drinking because you feel the physical need you might want to talk to your doctor and look for a nice rehab facility.
That's just alcohol, various drugs share the same attraction as food and sweet's.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7911483 07/24/20 02:03 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by aerangis
I tried the KETO but with all the CMT oil, I was getting upset stomach, of course, like everything, i probably over did it. Vodka and I didnt get along well

I'm just protein, salads, very low carbs, no sugar. keeping calories to around 800 a day.

Why were you using CMT oil?

A keto diet is about as simple as it gets. Proteins and fats. And some green vegetables.

On keto it’s hard to get you fat percentages up with out using MCT oil, do able yes, but hard

I'm familiar with that aspect, I thought there might have been another reason. I use avocados for fats.

MCT (a processed food) is stored as fat or converted directly into ketones by the liver which (as explained by a doc), defeats the purpose of forcing the liver to metabolize adipose tissue (fat) into ketones. For a person trying to lose weight with keto, it would appear to be counter productive.

You've got to deplete glucose stores in muscle and the liver to get the liver to start producing ketones from body fat. Keeping blood sugar low accomplishes that.

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: Buzzsaw] #7911667 07/24/20 04:53 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A few years back I lost 60 pounds just by cutting carbs and it was really no big deal to me at the time. I never really had any cravings or felt extremely hungry. I quit smoking a year ago next Tuesday and have gained around 15 pounds since then. I've been cutting carbs again for the last couple of weeks and this time I'm constantly hungry no matter how much protein and fats I eat.
It's like my body is craving the carbs!

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: Buzzsaw] #7911715 07/24/20 05:17 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Mike, as long as you continue to eat net carbs or too much fat your body will continue to crave food if your eating multiple times a day. It's related to ghrelin levels. Its too complicated to write about without a lengthy post but a quick search online will provide some answers to reducing your hunger by raising your ghrelin levels, primarily by eating low fat foods and using intermittent fasting where you only eat within a small window of time during the day. Your body typically releases ghrelin when your appetite is sated. The key is to elevate ghrelin levels through other means.

Intermittent fasting and keto is what I do and it's reduced my appetite significantly. I'm a big dude and can eat a lot even when I'm not hungry just because certain foods taste good which is the case for most people. Problem is, if I eat more than one meal a day, I eat more calories than my body needs. I gained weight, became insulin resistant, and suffered from hunger pains if I didn't eat regularly. And I mean real, honest to goodness pain from being hungry and not eating.

It takes a couple weeks to get over it but it will eventually subside then disappear entirely, Now, there are times I have to make myself eat because I don't have an appetite or feel like eating that day.

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7911901 07/24/20 07:16 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by aerangis
I tried the KETO but with all the CMT oil, I was getting upset stomach, of course, like everything, i probably over did it. Vodka and I didnt get along well

I'm just protein, salads, very low carbs, no sugar. keeping calories to around 800 a day.

Why were you using CMT oil?

A keto diet is about as simple as it gets. Proteins and fats. And some green vegetables.

On keto it’s hard to get you fat percentages up with out using MCT oil, do able yes, but hard

Just adding a Tablespoon of butter is close to MCT oil in fat.

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: Buzzsaw] #7915667 07/28/20 03:26 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Good luck, Buzz.

I agree that going Keto helps a ton. A few years ago when I was working out pretty hard I wanted to drop a few pounds. I went full keto for about 3 months, very little to no carbs at all. Lots of avocados, meat, and veggies. Ever since then anytime I eat a high carb meal it makes my stomach hurt and I can't do sugary stuff. It's like my body reset and now those things don't taste as good as they used to and I can't digest them as well. Also, my constant heartburn went away. Went from a lot of sweet tea every day to now I almost always drink unsweet. The first two weeks weren't easy but after that I felt much better, more energetic, etc. Since then I have relaxed on it, but I felt better when I did.

Hang in there!

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: Buzzsaw] #7915673 07/28/20 03:30 AM
B
booskay Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
AS my father used to say ------------ there were no fat people in 'the camps'.

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: DocHorton] #7915690 07/28/20 03:51 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by DocHorton
Good luck, Buzz.

I agree that going Keto helps a ton. A few years ago when I was working out pretty hard I wanted to drop a few pounds. I went full keto for about 3 months, very little to no carbs at all. Lots of avocados, meat, and veggies. Ever since then anytime I eat a high carb meal it makes my stomach hurt and I can't do sugary stuff. It's like my body reset and now those things don't taste as good as they used to and I can't digest them as well. Also, my constant heartburn went away. Went from a lot of sweet tea every day to now I almost always drink unsweet. The first two weeks weren't easy but after that I felt much better, more energetic, etc. Since then I have relaxed on it, but I felt better when I did.

Hang in there!

I’m the same way, although I didn’t do Keto I’ve been gluten free for about 5 years. I started to eat some of the gluten free substitutes, which have the same if not more carbs than the original, I can definitely fill it. It makes me extremely bloated. I just stopped eating it too.

Buzz you might want to try fasting 1 day a week. I fast from 7PM Sunday night to 7AM Tuesday morning. I’ve lost almost all my extra weight and I’m just at my set weight.

[Linked Image]

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: DocHorton] #7915744 07/28/20 09:29 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Good luck, Buzz.

Hang in there!

I went heavy Keto in early January. My body has reset as well, Cokes, Sugar items and high carbs items no longer appeal. Funny how your body works.

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: Buzzsaw] #7915833 07/28/20 12:35 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
good stuff here

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: Buzzsaw] #7917628 07/29/20 09:59 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: RedRanger] #7918555 07/30/20 05:53 PM
O
Ox190 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Good luck, Buzz.

Hang in there!

I went heavy Keto in early January. My body has reset as well, Cokes, Sugar items and high carbs items no longer appeal. Funny how your body works.

Hey RedRanger do you eat Pili Nuts? I just found out about them a few weeks ago. Loaded with fat and net carbs are very low. I ordered a bunch from www.eatpilinuts.com. One 1.85oz bag and I'm full for hours.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: Ox190] #7918812 07/30/20 10:17 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Ox190
Good luck, Buzz.

Hang in there!

Hey RedRanger do you eat Pili Nuts? I just found out about them a few weeks ago. Loaded with fat and net carbs are very low. I ordered a bunch from www.eatpilinuts.com. One 1.85oz bag and I'm full for hours.

I have had them many times in PHilippines, Pretty popular over there, they boil them there. Never tried them in the USA

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: soooo] #7918929 07/30/20 11:49 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by soooo

great stuff to watch thanks

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Chronic Binge Eating [Re: RedRanger] #7919136 07/31/20 03:11 AM
O
Ox190 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Originally Posted by Ox190
Good luck, Buzz.

Hang in there!

I have had them many times in PHilippines, Pretty popular over there, they boil them there. Never tried them in the USA

Fried in avocado oil, pretty delicious. They also sell a Labuyo pepper hot sauce that's pretty good.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide