Print Thread
NEED ADVISE NO NOTHING #7918701 07/30/20 08:33 PM
G
GA DOG 3 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
G
I'm an old bird hunter in Ga. I am developing a coyote problem and a few hog also, on my farm in north ga. So i want to buy a thermal scope for my AR15. A friend has offered me a ATN Thor-HD 640X480 AND 384X288 1.5-15X. I don't know what that means but the price is attractive it's never been used he just lost interest after trying to sight it in. Is it that hard to set up. Would like to hear the pro's and con"s if you guys can help me out? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!! GA DOG

Ga Dog 3
Re: NEED ADVISE NO NOTHING [Re: GA DOG 3] #7918797 07/30/20 09:55 PM
T
TXGH Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I used to promote ATN for years, and becuase I had not used anything else, I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Their customer service has gotten better over the years related to fixing issues with their scopes, but still lacking. The main issue is that their scopes still require so much "fixing."

Image quality is not the best but its not the worst either for the price range. If you are one of the lucky ones and never have issues, then you will be happy with it.

After using several brands I would say skip the THOR and look into a used Pulsar unit The trails are a solid like, and the new thermions are pretty sweet.

If you dont want to go as expensive as thermal look at the Sightmark Wraith, its a great budget night vision option that preforms very well with minimal issues.

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: NEED ADVISE NO NOTHING [Re: GA DOG 3] #7918923 07/30/20 11:45 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
The common theme on there is that friends don't let friends buy ATN. A lot of folks have claimed ATN's service has gotten better. Better than absolutely terrible is not a high benchmark. ATN screwed a lot of customers on this forum with their X-Sight nightvision scopes and didn't help the customers when they had problem and basically just used and abused them as Beta testers and then abandoned them. ATN does not care about customer service. My guess is that you don't get any warranty with it.

What is this attractive price? $500? Risk it if he can demo it works and offer your money back if it won't zero on your rifle. $1000? For a used bottom of the line ATN scope? Don't do it. Maybe it works. Maybe it is crap. Exactly, how old is it?

The suggestion to try a Wraith is reasonable. It will handle most of your needs and do it for $500. Thermal is better, but don't sell your soul to ATN. Pulsar is the company you want to look at and probably something more than the RQX30V.

Thermal scopes are not that hard to figure out, but they are electronic devices. Things are very different. The same goes for the Wraith

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide