texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
MovingFromNJ, AlanLCR, TOASTA, Steve Roberts, Boarbuster22
70171 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 110,537
bill oxner 91,416
SnakeWrangler 63,602
stxranchman 59,968
Gravytrain 46,950
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
BMD 41,241
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics609,464
Posts11,322,397
Members85,171
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Scope recommendations for a CZ 527 #7917997 07/30/20 02:47 AM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,464
H
HandyMan91 Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,464
Looking for scope recommendations for my CZ 527 in 7.62x39, I plan on doing lots of walking with this rifle, occasional hunting, and plinking at 50 - 200yds.

my two main goals are Light weight & Durability , needs to be a 1" tube as that's what I already have rings for (Burris rings )

I'm thinking a zoom starting at a low power range like 2x or 3x.

Let's talk options in two categories

1. Sub 200$

2. Sub 500$

Any input is appreciated


Originally Posted by Biscuit
The only thing flat earthers have to fear is sphere itself

Re: Scope recommendations for a CZ 527 [Re: HandyMan91] #7918009 07/30/20 02:58 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4,588
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
S
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4,588


I would consider the last of the Japan made Weavers. 2-8 is still available on Natchez.


https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-re...scope-2-8x36mm-dual-x-reticle-matte.html




Re: Scope recommendations for a CZ 527 [Re: HandyMan91] #7920855 08/02/20 02:43 AM
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 55
D
DeCurry Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 55
I have a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39. I put a Leupold 1.5-4x20mm on it using Warne quick disconnect mounts. It fits well, no issues with bolt handle clearance (if you have an older model, you may have some clearance issues, but there are ways around it).

I also own an older (and sadly no longer made) Weaver V-3 1-3x20mm that would have been perfect as well (it's already mounted on a lever action I have).

If you like peep sights, NECG makes one for the 527 (though I believe it will also require replacing the front sight due to it being the wrong height).

Re: Scope recommendations for a CZ 527 [Re: HandyMan91] #7920882 08/02/20 03:31 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 20,357
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 20,357
https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-2-5-10x32-ultralight-rifle-scope.html?___SID=U

This scope fits all your wants. 2.5-10 power, very clear glass, dependable manufacturer. Priced at $349 but I’d sell mine which is new in the box for $300.


Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Pointman Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
VETERAN & LAW ENFORCEMENT OWNED & OPERATED
1% back at closing for First Responders, Veterans, and Teachers.
Re: Scope recommendations for a CZ 527 [Re: HandyMan91] #7920930 08/02/20 05:31 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,391
B
booradley Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
B
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,391
I’d probably get a Fullfield II 2-7x35.


Don’t roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Re: Scope recommendations for a CZ 527 [Re: scottfromdallas] #7921090 08/02/20 02:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,397
C
colt45 Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
C
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,397
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas


I would consider the last of the Japan made Weavers. 2-8 is still available on Natchez.


https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-re...scope-2-8x36mm-dual-x-reticle-matte.html


definitely up


hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Scope recommendations for a CZ 527 [Re: BigPig] #7921781 08/03/20 02:51 AM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,464
H
HandyMan91 Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,464
Originally Posted by BigPig
https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-2-5-10x32-ultralight-rifle-scope.html?___SID=U

This scope fits all your wants. 2.5-10 power, very clear glass, dependable manufacturer. Priced at $349 but I’d sell mine which is new in the box for $300.



Sent a PM your way


Originally Posted by Biscuit
The only thing flat earthers have to fear is sphere itself

Re: Scope recommendations for a CZ 527 [Re: DeCurry] #7921785 08/03/20 02:52 AM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,464
H
HandyMan91 Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,464
Originally Posted by DeCurry
I have a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39. I put a Leupold 1.5-4x20mm on it using Warne quick disconnect mounts. It fits well, no issues with bolt handle clearance (if you have an older model, you may have some clearance issues, but there are ways around it).

I also own an older (and sadly no longer made) Weaver V-3 1-3x20mm that would have been perfect as well (it's already mounted on a lever action I have).

If you like peep sights, NECG makes one for the 527 (though I believe it will also require replacing the front sight due to it being the wrong height).




Already have the peeps on it, I like it just fine for punching paper but I've recently been invited on some hints, wanting the magnification more for target identification more than anything


Originally Posted by Biscuit
The only thing flat earthers have to fear is sphere itself

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3