texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
LUKE22, WBRC, having fun now, GingerFredMan, ECBwHntr
70566 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 110,641
bill oxner 91,416
SnakeWrangler 64,129
stxranchman 60,263
Gravytrain 46,950
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
BMD 41,241
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics616,062
Posts11,410,940
Members85,566
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: pegasaurus] #7235147 07/25/18 02:46 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,735
onlysmith&wesson Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,735
Have we met? You sound like a guy I met about 6 months ago when I bought an ATV trailer from a Craigs List AD. ?
Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
I didn't grow up here but I moved back here after doing some stuff for Uncle Sam. Now I work for a company that I can't talk about doing secret security stuff. Got two kids that I know of and they were raised right by me and my most awesome, hot, gorgeous, lovely, wife who loves me and shopping.
I like long walks in the woods killing stuff that is legal to kill.
I look forward to meeting like minded people that enjoy talking about stuff I like to talk about.


An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7235225 07/25/18 04:09 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,735
onlysmith&wesson Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,735
Quick facts, with pic's from 10 years back, to current with my grand kids: BBA, Midwestern State University. I have had a job since 16. I'm 55 years old, held my current job 25 years at Entegris, an advanced materials company. 6', 180lbs. I have hunted and fished all my life. I make my own things, build my own buildings and do my own remodel jobs at home. I am a conservative Republican and fully support President Trump. I believe in God and that Jesus is his son and my personal savior. I don't go to church. I drink cold beer in moderation and Margaritas in excess. I'm licensed to carry and do. I back packed 38 miles in Colorado, four nights. I love to snow ski. I have a fantastic, smart, educated gorgeous wife. I have three beautiful daughters, all grown, doing very well. Two are college grad's. I have a granddaughter, and a grandson that I adore. I loved my last dog so much I can never have another. I love guns and everything about them, with a real appreciation for the machining and tolerances that go into a fine fire arm. My dad was a cop until his retirement. We were allowed to fight kids that called our dad a pig, and did. My mom worked in the elementary school cafeteria that I attended. They saved and paid for my college education. I love most people. Everyone I meet starts with a perfect score and I desire to be friends with everyone. Cross me or have ill will towards my family and it will be clear that we're not friends. This is the best time of life, it's like being a teen ager with $, a car and your own place.





An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7235862 07/26/18 03:58 AM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 516
G
Gangly Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
G
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 516
38, 6'7". I'm gainfully employed with an engineering firm and have worked in the forensic engineering field for 14 years now. Married a beautiful woman and we have 2 kiddos (9 and 13). We started a family without a bucket to piss in and have made decent lives for ourselves. My passion isn't hunting or fishing, it's automobiles, but the outdoors comes in a close second. I'm a fairly laid back individual, I don't usually mince words, and I don't have much patience for people who spout opinions as fact. This site has a large knowledge base with some great individuals willing to impart their ideas and opinions in a helpful manner which makes it easy to keep coming back.


Aaron

Do it right, do it once.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7235887 07/26/18 04:58 AM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,184
S
Stratgolfer Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,184
I'm 48, also married up, two boys I'm struggling with in today's world. I grew up in Northern Vermont-cold-real. I like a person, not so much people. Prolly why I like it down here. I married a Texan, oh and I got here as fast as I could. I also might be the shortest guy on here at 5'8. I played basketball in my early days, I was quick, Could handle the ball like it was a part of me, and was cocky on the court as much as I wasn't off. I was the "blessing", my brothers are 6 and 10 years older. My Dad had shot enough deer in his life to take me out without the need to shoot anything. I loved being quiet with him and sneaking around out there. I don't take a real deep breath unless I'm surrounded by trees. I miss being cold or cool in the mornings. A cup of coffee when its cool is just better. Also trying to figure out what I wanna be when I grow up.


"I was called by the Yorkers a outlaw, and later by the english a rebel" Ethan Allen
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7915424 07/27/20 11:45 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,273
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,273
This was an interesting thread. Would be interesting to see an update plus additions.


The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7916947 07/29/20 04:51 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 764
N
N.La.Beagler Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
N
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 764
I'm 50 5'6" 215 so I think I take the title for "shorty" on the THF. I'm African American, and probably the darkest person most people have ever seen. I grew up in Choudrant,La a town so small that all we had was basketball baseball and Ag. Ag was our claim to fame as we sent teams to Kansas City every year. I was a ace baseball player until I couldn't get my mind right and make the grades. I grew up hunting, fishing trail riding and beagling. Went into the Army 4 months after my 18th birthday. I probably set two Army records while I was in. 1. The most deployments in the shortest period of time... 5 from January 1990-October 96 with 14 months in Korea and 36 months in Panama thrown in for good measure. 2. The longest time as a PFC without getting busted...2yrs and 8 months.
Married a lovely latina from Panama and we have raised two wonderful children. I left the Army in Jan 98 and took a while, but in 2001 was hired by Travis County as a CPO. Been with them ever since. Eligible to retire in December. Don't drink Don't smoke and try to be a good role model for young men to follow.

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7916951 07/29/20 05:57 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,558
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,558
My names Rod and I like to party..


[Linked Image]
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7916985 07/29/20 11:32 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 20,718
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
Offline
"The Regulator"
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 20,718
Legend.

Last edited by Superduty; 07/29/20 11:36 AM.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: N.La.Beagler] #7917011 07/29/20 12:00 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 22,595
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 22,595
Originally Posted by N.La.Beagler
I'm 50 5'6" 215 so I think I take the title for "shorty" on the THF. I'm African American, and probably the darkest person most people have ever seen. I grew up in Choudrant,La a town so small that all we had was basketball baseball and Ag. Ag was our claim to fame as we sent teams to Kansas City every year. I was a ace baseball player until I couldn't get my mind right and make the grades. I grew up hunting, fishing trail riding and beagling. Went into the Army 4 months after my 18th birthday. I probably set two Army records while I was in. 1. The most deployments in the shortest period of time... 5 from January 1990-October 96 with 14 months in Korea and 36 months in Panama thrown in for good measure. 2. The longest time as a PFC without getting busted...2yrs and 8 months.
Married a lovely latina from Panama and we have raised two wonderful children. I left the Army in Jan 98 and took a while, but in 2001 was hired by Travis County as a CPO. Been with them ever since. Eligible to retire in December. Don't drink Don't smoke and try to be a good role model for young men to follow.


Sounds like a good life. up Do you ever still go beagling? I'd like to watch it, but I never...ever want to own another beagle...ever. grin


...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7917030 07/29/20 12:30 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 448
J
John175 Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
J
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 448
I'm pretty much worthless and can get references upon request.


Yeah, I get around.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: John175 ] #7917036 07/29/20 12:38 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,694
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,694
Originally Posted by John175 �
I'm pretty much worthless and can get references upon request.




I concur. Post the pic if anyone doubts this.

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: John175 ] #7917066 07/29/20 12:58 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 22,595
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 22,595
Originally Posted by John175 �
I'm pretty much worthless and can get references upon request.


I admire a man that's comfortable in his own skin. up


...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: djones] #7917095 07/29/20 01:25 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,498
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
E
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,498
Originally Posted by djones
ugh ohh, look what i found...

[Linked Image]

In my defense, I gained a few pounds during lockdown. Ara-Cee cola and moon pies will put the weight on a caucasion.


Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: N.La.Beagler] #7917176 07/29/20 02:39 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 16,897
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 16,897
Originally Posted by N.La.Beagler
I'm 50 5'6" 215 so I think I take the title for "shorty" on the THF. I'm African American, and probably the darkest person most people have ever seen. I grew up in Choudrant,La a town so small that all we had was basketball baseball and Ag. Ag was our claim to fame as we sent teams to Kansas City every year. I was a ace baseball player until I couldn't get my mind right and make the grades. I grew up hunting, fishing trail riding and beagling. Went into the Army 4 months after my 18th birthday. I probably set two Army records while I was in. 1. The most deployments in the shortest period of time... 5 from January 1990-October 96 with 14 months in Korea and 36 months in Panama thrown in for good measure. 2. The longest time as a PFC without getting busted...2yrs and 8 months.
Married a lovely latina from Panama and we have raised two wonderful children. I left the Army in Jan 98 and took a while, but in 2001 was hired by Travis County as a CPO. Been with them ever since. Eligible to retire in December. Don't drink Don't smoke and try to be a good role model for young men to follow.

Thank you for your service!
flag


[Linked Image]
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: N.La.Beagler] #7917215 07/29/20 03:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 29,976
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 29,976
Originally Posted by N.La.Beagler
I'm 50 5'6" 215 so I think I take the title for "shorty" on the THF.



Dammit you are not gonna take this from me.

You 5’6 Barefoot or in boots?


For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7917228 07/29/20 03:40 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 516
G
Gangly Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
G
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 516
40 years old, married with two kids (11 and 15), born into a gear head family and didn't learn to hunt or fish until my late 20's, early 30's. As a career, I conduct origin and cause investigations for fires & explosions. The most interesting location for a fire I've investigated was at an oil production site in the middle of the Sahara Desert in Algeria. A sandstorm blew in and I couldn't get out via plane, so I was told that the only way out was by means of an armed Algerian military escort transporting explosives across a portion of the desert. The entity I was working for had some kind of security contract with the govt. military and they got me a seat in the back of one of their trucks which escorted me across the desert to another airport. Never having been in the military, I thought it was pretty awesome at the time but looking back it probably wasn't the best idea. A fun memory regardless though.


For those who care about height, I'm 6'-7" grin

Last edited by Gangly; 07/29/20 03:41 PM.

Aaron

Do it right, do it once.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: Erathkid] #7917272 07/29/20 04:30 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,252
D
deerfeeder Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
D
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,252
Originally Posted by Erathkid
A black sharecroppers Son? Dude, we may be brothers. P M me loco_too


That reminds me of a song,



Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7917303 07/29/20 04:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,688
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,688
chicken


[Linked Image]

JESUS in 2024. Our only hope.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7917370 07/29/20 05:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,181
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,181
I fish, i hunt, i drink, and i love all the time. When I'm not working.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 07/29/20 05:49 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: deerfeeder] #7917395 07/29/20 06:07 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,498
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
E
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,498
Originally Posted by deerfeeder
Originally Posted by Erathkid
A black sharecroppers Son? Dude, we may be brothers. P M me loco_too


That reminds me of a song,



Great tune. Heard it again the other day on 91.7 funky fridays


Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7917423 07/29/20 06:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,498
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
E
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,498
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Quick facts, with pic's from 10 years back, to current with my grand kids: BBA, Midwestern State University. I have had a job since 16. I'm 55 years old, held my current job 25 years at Entegris, an advanced materials company. 6', 180lbs. I have hunted and fished all my life. I make my own things, build my own buildings and do my own remodel jobs at home. I am a conservative Republican and fully support President Trump. I believe in God and that Jesus is his son and my personal savior. I don't go to church. I drink cold beer in moderation and Margaritas in excess. I'm licensed to carry and do. I back packed 38 miles in Colorado, four nights. I love to snow ski. I have a fantastic, smart, educated gorgeous wife. I have three beautiful daughters, all grown, doing very well. Two are college grad's. I have a granddaughter, and a grandson that I adore. I loved my last dog so much I can never have another. I love guns and everything about them, with a real appreciation for the machining and tolerances that go into a fine fire arm. My dad was a cop until his retirement. We were allowed to fight kids that called our dad a pig, and did. My mom worked in the elementary school cafeteria that I attended. They saved and paid for my college education. I love most people. Everyone I meet starts with a perfect score and I desire to be friends with everyone. Cross me or have ill will towards my family and it will be clear that we're not friends. This is the best time of life, it's like being a teen ager with $, a car and your own place. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

SnW, wasn't that second pic the cover shot for 'Man today' magazine?


Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7917425 07/29/20 06:38 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,498
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
E
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,498
If not it should've been. I'm just teasing, my friend. All in good fun.


Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7917428 07/29/20 06:40 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 16,897
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 16,897


[Linked Image]
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: TCM3] #7917448 07/29/20 07:01 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 22,595
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 22,595
Originally Posted by TCM3


Who wants to bet that kid is today a regular rioter in Portland?
grin


...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #7917670 07/29/20 10:43 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 14,932
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 14,932
According to some of the PM's I have gotten over the years. I am a SOB, Know it all, have sh*t for brains, if I don't know what I am talking about I should keep my mouth shut. Oh, an a oldie but a goodie. You are real mouthy sitting behind a computer. Probably quite a few more that because of my age I can't remember.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3